IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 235.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Bye bye guys, been a short trip with you.
But even if the theme and story are great, I was not catched by the gameplay.
Back to LOTR and TSPP..

Too bad it wasn't for you, someone is going to get a great game!

#4002 5 years ago

Yes, I think so. A new happy owner, for sure.
He has some work to do, changing the GI connector that broke just when I was showing that it was in good state..
But it plays well, I'm quite sure he will be happy

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I am at a loss as to why you've got so much power to the flippers. Did you check the voltage at the flipper coils? I have 45VDC on mine

OK Houston, we have a problem!

This certainly explains why the flippers have more power.

Anyone have suggestions as to why this is happening?

IMG_0645 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_0645 - Copy (resized).jpg
#4004 5 years ago

With the high reading on the flippers, I did some research on the WPC power driver board and found the test points on the board. All the test points for 5, 12, and 20 volt all tested within short amount of what they should be. The 50V supply however tested at 70V, but according to the Wiki:

"TP6 - 50VDC power. This test point will actually measure 70 - 75VDC. This power is used for all coils in the game"

So that sounds right too. Which just leaves why I am seeing 67V at the flippers...?

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Oh I wasn’t criticizing your red color... I was making the statement about the original choice of red by the game designers. All your colors are great!

No problems I understand that
Thanks

#4006 5 years ago

Looking to upgrade my airplanes or new ones ? Anyone with info please PM !
Thanks !!!

#4007 5 years ago

Yo Whitey... check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service

jump to last few pages for more of an update.

Kerry

#4008 5 years ago

Hey Kerry they look great ! Can I buy them done ? What’s the deal

Thanks Ken

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hey Kerry they look great ! Can I buy them done ? What’s the deal

Thanks Ken

Ken... I believe he's done with batch #1 and planes sent. I'm in on batch #2 and havn't rec'vd my planes yet. George has a 3rd batch yet to do. I don't know if he's got room in on #3 or is considering doing a #4. I would suggest you PM him.

Thanks
Kerry

#4010 5 years ago

Donnie -

I'm in the dark about what's going on there. Maybe someone else can chime in. I'm curious and will be following this.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Donnie -
I'm in the dark about what's going on there. Maybe someone else can chime in. I'm curious and will be following this.

I’m curious too. Is there a main thread for this somewhere else?

#4012 5 years ago

"If" you are referring to the plane question Whitey asked here... then this is the thread I suggest he (you) look at.

#4013 5 years ago

Working on getting my cabinet re-fabricated. I may have an opportunity to setup the job on a CNC... I've done a rough document of the dimensions of the machine.. not quite finished yet.

I'm working off a sample of one... so these are still in draft form but free to anyone who wishes to look at them and use/verify/critique. Just putting them out there. Before I put them into CAD (when I have the time), I'm just rough drafting them for now. Guarantee there are errors in this, like I said the numbers will get verified once I get them into the model.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aRr8DnU4rIXNyRnF10Dy8mS4fx81azbU

#4014 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I'm in the dark about what's going on there. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I can provide some more information now. liorillusion has been helping out and I am grateful for his help too!

We've tested all the test points on the PDB, and they all check out to their nominal voltages (within the tolerances expected). We've checked the BRs, switch matrix, Fliptronics and associated cabling and connectors. All check out. Connectivity to the flipper coils is good. But here's the real interesting part. I have a TZ machine which is clearly nearly identical in design and board layout and guess what the flippers are sitting at? 67.7V... And this machine was converted to LED but it works perfectly without crazy power

I'm beginning to wonder if the higher voltages are an effect of being on Australian power (240V @ 50Hz) rather than the stock US 110/120V. The machines are international models, with AU/EU power supplies (not step-down transformers) and maybe an effect of this is that they run higher voltages across the flippers. Maybe this is expected behaviour and my simple solution is just to change the flipper coils out from the Blues to either Orange (1 step down) or Red (2 steps down) and see what happens. The rest of the machine is basically working, apart from a burnt connector which I'm getting replaced next week, so my thoughts now are that there isn't actually a problem, but rather the load of the incandescents were such that they dragged down the line voltage. Now free of the globe draw, the power at the flippers have increased and away we go

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Working on getting my cabinet re-fabricated. I may have an opportunity to setup the job on a CNC... I've done a rough document of the dimensions of the machine.. not quite finished yet.
I'm working of a sample of one... so these are still in draft form but free to anyone who wishes to look at them and use/verify/critique. Just putting them out there. Before I put them into CAD (when I have the time), I'm just rough drafting them for now. Guarantee there are errors in this, like I said the numbers will get verified once I get them into the model.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aRr8DnU4rIXNyRnF10Dy8mS4fx81azbU

Nice work! Send to Cosmokramer for validation, I hope he can help.

#4016 5 years ago

Donnie - I'm not sure about the fifty hertz, but according to my schematic, for 230VAC in, the transformer inputs are lugs 1 & 7, with lugs 3 & 9 jumpered together. Look at your transformer on both machines to see if they are wired that way. That's the closest to 240VAC I saw on the schematic.

I will be away from my computer for the next few days, so hopefully, others can chime in and give their thoughts.

#4017 5 years ago

Looking for a real nice topper for my Indy
Pinball decals had a nice topper but those sold out years ago ?

#4018 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Looking for a real nice topper for my Indy
Pinball decals had a nice topper but those sold out years ago ?

please wait few weeks...

#4019 5 years ago

I’m tearing down my IJ... anyone notice the shelf that the transformer is mounted to is just a back box side panel???? I’m not thinking this is just mine ... I’m guessing this was pretty common.

Also I’m looking for cabinet decals... I’ve see them for sale everywhere... but I’ve not seen ones with the particular name that is on mine ...
01AC36DE-5A42-495D-BA8C-5AF9433ED10A (resized).jpeg01AC36DE-5A42-495D-BA8C-5AF9433ED10A (resized).jpeg20D6EA28-FD1C-445D-B56F-11F245458CB6 (resized).jpeg20D6EA28-FD1C-445D-B56F-11F245458CB6 (resized).jpeg

#4020 5 years ago

Not sure if the GIF will work (I put some photos together that show some of the process to get to this point--3 silicone molds were made in total). Will make my own thread soon. Pictured is an LED version without the LEDs installed yet. I'd like to offer a sandy color option as well (will have that to show before I accept any orders--still some final things to test this week amongst unrelated work).

EDIT: Can't get my GIF to work (not something I've posted here before, and none of the photobucket links seem to work--uploading through Pinside just shows one image..hmm).

EDIT 2: Started a development thread here (includes a Youtube version of the slideshow I tried to post here): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

EDIT 3: Added new photos with LEDs installed

20190205_184824 (resized).jpg20190205_184824 (resized).jpg
20190206_004548 (resized).jpg20190206_004548 (resized).jpg20190206_004403 (resized).jpg20190206_004403 (resized).jpg

20190206_004604 (resized).jpg20190206_004604 (resized).jpg
#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not sure if the GIF will work (I put some photos together that show some of the process to get to this point--3 silicone molds were made in total). Will make my own thread soon. Pictured is an LED version without the LEDs installed yet. I'd like to offer a sandy color option as well (will have that to show before I accept any orders--still some final things to test this week amongst unrelated work).
EDIT: Can't get my GIF to work (not something I've posted here before, and none of the photobucket links seem to work--uploading through Pinside just shows one image..hmm).
EDIT 2: Started a development thread here (includes a Youtube version of the slideshow I tried to post here): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

really really nice!
awesome painting job i really like it its simple and just awesome!

#4022 5 years ago

Im in the club! Finally after years of waiting the opportunity presented itself. Its going to look perfect next to my TZ

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Super nice work!!

#4025 5 years ago

Help!
Why is this lamp missing?
Check on two games.

1E259341-402F-4CC3-8639-36CBE45E990F.png1E259341-402F-4CC3-8639-36CBE45E990F.png
#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Help!
Why is this lamp missing?
Check on two games.
[quoted image]

It's there. In my game
I don't see a reason to leave it as original, an empty hole.
I've added - why not, everything is prepared for. Only a GI socket and few inch cable needed.

Screenshot_20190206-220238_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190206-220238_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190206-220714_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190206-220714_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4027 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow! The combination of colors, the textures, and the mixture of fine details and simple stones... Really nice!

PS: during gif upload, select "Original size (no rescaling"

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

@medisinyl... There is a pull down box where you attach your images (on the right side) that specifies the resolutions. Default setting is to convert the image to Med-res (max 2048 largest side). In order to upload a GIF you need to change that to "Original Size (no rescaling)".. and you do this BEFORE you attach the image because that's when the resolution is downsampled. For a GIF, the downsampling creates a single static image. (Edit: I see that Davi already mentioned the no rescaling option. Looking forward to checking out the GIF...)

#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

medisinyl... There is a pull down box where you attach your images (on the right side) that specifies the resolutions. Default setting is to convert the image to Med-res (max 2048 largest side). In order to upload a GIF you need to change that to "Original Size (no rescaling)".. and you do this BEFORE you attach the image because that's when the resolution is downsampled. For a GIF, the downsampling creates a single static image. (Edit: I see that davi already mentioned the no rescaling option. Looking forward to checking out the GIF...)

While I added a youtube version of it to my dedicated thread( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development ), I'll try that method here...and hey! It Works! Thank you! (and Davi )
Webp.net-gifmaker.gifWebp.net-gifmaker.gif

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi - Any idea when these might be available and estimated cost? That is amazing work. Thanks

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi - Any idea when these might be available and estimated cost? That is amazing work. Thanks

Trying to keep some of the information in the dedicated thread, but I'll be busy with other work until Sunday, so this is on hold for a moment. I'll be aiming to open up orders sometime next week (plan is to ship a first run of at least 5 sets within two weeks of opening orders[gives me time to order additional materials based on demand and make the parts], then runs every week after that), and I'm hoping to have a non-LED version finished with a different color option to show before quoting any final pricing information.

If it's feasible to do more than 5 sets in a week, I would attempt to do so.

I have several people on a list currently and will first offer the mod to those people in the order I received interest. Again, hoping to get another color option shown before anyone makes any decisions.

As always, I appreciate the interest

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's there. In my game
I don't see a reason to leave it as original, an empty hole.
I've added - why not, everything is prepared for. Only a GI socket and few inch cable needed.[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly! Thanks
Wow nice game you have. What did you do with all metal parts?
This is also missing in my game
Lamp under idol

18678905-CB69-48CC-8F1F-08C3AAD1E393 (resized).jpeg18678905-CB69-48CC-8F1F-08C3AAD1E393 (resized).jpeg
#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Trying to keep some of the information in the dedicated thread, but I'll be busy with other work until Sunday, so this is on hold for a moment. I'll be aiming to open up orders sometime next week (plan is to ship a first run of at least 5 sets within two weeks of opening orders[gives me time to order additional materials based on demand and make the parts], then runs every week after that), and I'm hoping to have a non-LED version finished with a different color option to show before quoting any final pricing information.
I have several people on a list currently and will first offer the mod to those people in the order I received interest. Again, hoping to get another color option shown before anyone makes any decisions.

Please put me on the list of interested people.

#4034 5 years ago

Moving forward on my restoration

67F47452-596D-4984-A5F0-9E159791FFA1.jpeg67F47452-596D-4984-A5F0-9E159791FFA1.jpeg712A3702-9892-4F06-907D-0FA16BD4BAFF.jpeg712A3702-9892-4F06-907D-0FA16BD4BAFF.jpeg90E65766-BBBF-4670-B9F0-32B441BF0A80.jpeg90E65766-BBBF-4670-B9F0-32B441BF0A80.jpegD9B1145E-2AD3-475B-804B-684170DBB7ED.jpegD9B1145E-2AD3-475B-804B-684170DBB7ED.jpegFBBCAFFE-E9B2-4E02-A95F-C128FE30A531.jpegFBBCAFFE-E9B2-4E02-A95F-C128FE30A531.jpeg
#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Please put me on the list of interested people.

You're on it

#4036 5 years ago

I'd too be interested, to be on your list.

Thanks
Kerry Richard

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Exactly! Thanks
Wow nice game you have. What did you do with all metal parts?
This is also missing in my game
Lamp under idol[quoted image]

Metal parts were galvanized. Ramps, ball guides were mirror polished.

20181207_180030 (resized).jpg20181207_180030 (resized).jpg20181207_183029 (resized).jpg20181207_183029 (resized).jpg
#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Interested.Please put me on the list

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Metal parts were galvanized. Ramps, ball guides were mirror polished.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok! Looks great
Do you do it yourself? Or how do you do

#4040 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Ok! Looks great
Do you do it yourself? Or how do you do

I've explained here in details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/polishing-tools-for-metals#post-4566295

#4041 5 years ago

Installed the jackpot speaker panel led mod. Lovin' it!

IMG_1133 (resized).jpgIMG_1133 (resized).jpg
#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Installed the jackpot speaker panel led mod. Lovin' it!
[quoted image]

I just found the original Williams board for this in my hoard of parts. Did you cut the holes in the speaker panel yourself?

#4043 5 years ago

I bought a new panel pre-cut. The cut outs weren't precise so I had to mask the plastic speaker panel so that only the symbols light up and not the black area around each one.

#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

For those that don't follow the main thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development#post-4837594 ), here's an update to show where I'm at with the second color option I mentioned here. Additional information can be found in the thread.

IJstonetest2 (resized).jpgIJstonetest2 (resized).jpg
#4045 5 years ago

I know I keep asking this, but I love the Disney Indy. Anyone seen it lately? Last time i saw it was April 22 2018. I am going there in May and hoping to see it.

If it’s finally gone, I’m dying to know where it went! Who has it?

1F4415E5-ADDC-4FAC-A842-BB7247B5FBAB (resized).jpeg1F4415E5-ADDC-4FAC-A842-BB7247B5FBAB (resized).jpegE298A2DF-21B5-4B7F-9BCD-F9E98F126989 (resized).jpegE298A2DF-21B5-4B7F-9BCD-F9E98F126989 (resized).jpeg
#4046 5 years ago
#4047 5 years ago

A couple details to take care of yet like the partially translucent sides and a proper harness. Then where to mount it.

5C9A5BB1-CC85-4917-A5FA-20002953AEE6 (resized).jpeg5C9A5BB1-CC85-4917-A5FA-20002953AEE6 (resized).jpeg
#4048 5 years ago

I mounted the Ark here...

DSCN4710 (resized).JPGDSCN4710 (resized).JPG

DSCN4713 (resized).JPGDSCN4713 (resized).JPG

DSCN4716 (resized).JPGDSCN4716 (resized).JPG

DSCN4724 (resized).JPGDSCN4724 (resized).JPG

#4049 5 years ago

Just joined the club

832EE8F0-C72D-44ED-A3B3-ABFC8D549394 (resized).jpeg832EE8F0-C72D-44ED-A3B3-ABFC8D549394 (resized).jpegF44718AC-12CA-4741-A71F-D90C3893E7E1 (resized).jpegF44718AC-12CA-4741-A71F-D90C3893E7E1 (resized).jpeg9248CEA2-5BD7-4C0F-8816-2A26B26BDE0E (resized).jpeg9248CEA2-5BD7-4C0F-8816-2A26B26BDE0E (resized).jpeg
#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Just joined the club
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice coin door, congrats on score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 29.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/81?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.