ae46e892b44a506dd20002b1e1c1b10f714c2720 (resized).jpg
157178f2be48de8eeb66947ea09f2310eeeb1a3a (resized).jpg
49ef9aadda1068d865eb62cd7c1a23dbd6a70812 (1) (resized).jpg
9d9f81377684220c9b504ecd33f2bf210f5b0606 (1) (resized).jpg
57bbf457101f948364020a30a1e96649cfadcb82 (resized).jpg
ACE7A266-1AAC-4AC0-AE1D-E0DCCE3CD4F4 (resized).jpeg
818F8177-87D3-499C-A9E9-10D9C04162D8 (resized).jpeg
20211115_193316 (resized).jpg

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 185.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

Indy was the Pin that got me collecting back in 2000. Sold it 6 years later to make room for another machine. I bought a nicer one 2 years ago and this one is a keeper. Welcome to the club!
Scott.

Thanks. . I found this HUO one and it's almost perfect. Even have the lineage on the game from all the previous owners to include the original receipt and no fade. Like you said, this isn't going anywhere

#352 6 years ago

For all my IJ brethren:

Just tinkered with my POA. (Gosh, that sounds dirty!) Anyhoo...someone suggested that you bend the metal piece that guides the ball onto the POA. I played with the level of the mini playfield as well as how far forward or backward it goes. The only thing that worked, regardless of the left/right level, was tweaking that piece so that the ball falls directly on the center of the post below. That way, it will go whichever way you pitch the POA.

Also, because I've got the back legs jacked to keep airballs down off the ramps, it messed with my POA pitch and sent every ball into The Pit. I used a previous suggestion and raised the front/back pitch up by putting fat washers under the front bracket. Worked like a charm!

Now the only thing that concerns me are the violent airballs hitting the glass so hard it shatters...

#353 6 years ago

I'm glad the flat washers worked for you! IJ is a pita to setup right... The poa, mode start, poa feeding lane etc...

#354 6 years ago

So really...how many folks have been able to start all 12 modes in one game? Really curious, as I never get close.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So really...how many folks have been able to start all 12 modes in one game? Really curious, as I never get close.

2x in one game, although I didn't get the Billion points in either ELMB.

#356 6 years ago

I have a couple of times, but didn't beat Eternal Life.
One day...

#357 6 years ago

I got about 10 modes in one game. For some reason, I can't master the mode shot, nor the right ramp consistently. The two most important shots in the game.

#358 6 years ago

I can hit the right ramp effortlessly...when I don't need to.

#359 6 years ago

Looking on the bright side, I DID see the Michigan J. Frog Easter Egg in the mine cart mode. Great stuff...and a 20 mil bonus!

#360 6 years ago

I have finished all modes about 4-5 times .Have beat eternal life once but it was a couple years ago. You get a billion points for it. This game is amazing and will probably never leave my collection.

IJ PIC.jpg

#361 6 years ago

I crashed the mine cart in the fourth barrier and no frog mode. What am I doing wrong?

#362 6 years ago

Fourth barrier on the right...and it's only after you hold the flippers when you start a game.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I do it quite frequently. Getting the Billion point shot is a little more difficult though, as it always comes down to how friendly your mini is that day. I've got that about 4-5 times, but it's been a year or so, and getting frustrating.

My favourite mode in pinball is the find Marion mode. Always different, then having to hit the saucer after, and if you are not going to make it, you can pull the trigger for a quick kill for lesser points.

This is a top 5 machine for me, owned it for about 4 years, and still get all googly eyed when playing it.

#364 6 years ago

i just bought one of these, it should be here next week, i cant wait. Is there a good tutorial video with someone explaining the rules and game play? ive searched YT and didnt see one. thanks

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

i just bought one of these, it should be here next week, i cant wait. Is there a good tutorial video with someone explaining the rules and game play? ive searched YT and didnt see one. thanks

Not that I know of, but congratulations...to me AND you! Now I know where to play an IJ next time I'm in Kauai!

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

It's all about your mode hole. With a LOT of modding I could make mine take 95% of left/right flipper shots.

Actually it IS a strategy not to play some of the modes at all. Of course you activate them, but playing them in tournament is not recommended. Get The Idol for example is VERY risky. Same goes for Ropebridge. If you miss the right ramp it's always dangerous. So you just activate the mode and wait till it's over. I don't do that for the fun, but as Bowen said... "you don't play for fun, you play for score"

#367 6 years ago

But rope bridge gives you an extra ball if you complete it. I've finally kind of mastered that mode after finding it impossible to complete for years. Once I hit the left ramp (which I find much easier than the right) I hold my left flipper up, the ball skips to the right where I can hit the left ramp again. Rinse and repeat 5 times for the extra ball.
The availability of extra balls in this game gives you a good chance of getting to ELMB.
Plus the super ball of course

#368 6 years ago

Do you hold the flippers and hit start at the same time for frog

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

?

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Yes

Only took me 21 years to figure it out lol

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not that I know of, but congratulations...to me AND you! Now I know where to play an IJ next time I'm in Kauai!

get a hold of me next time u come out. Im sure ill need some tips on how to play this thing.

#372 6 years ago

On my game most extra balls are deactivated (special for example) or set to hard. Super ball is also deactivated. Also my outlanes are wide open. this makes the IJ enjoyable in multiplayer games. After 6 years owning this machine I can play it with my eyes closed the challenge makes the billion feel like you really worked for it.

Quoted from dluth:

But rope bridge gives you an extra ball if you complete it. I've finally kind of mastered that mode after finding it impossible to complete for years. Once I hit the left ramp (which I find much easier than the right) I hold my left flipper up, the ball skips to the right where I can hit the left ramp again. Rinse and repeat 5 times for the extra ball.
The availability of extra balls in this game gives you a good chance of getting to ELMB.
Plus the super ball of course

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Yes
Only took me 21 years to figure it out lol

That's all you do? No special paths to choose?

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's all you do? No special paths to choose?

Hold both flipper buttons, then at the same time start a new game, release flipper buttons and play as normal until you get to the mine cart video mode,
Then crash into the 4rth barrier on your right

#375 6 years ago

First you'll need to grow another hand, so that you can hold the flippers and hit the start button at the same time.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

First you'll need to grow another hand, so that you can hold the flippers and hit the start button at the same time.

I don't use my hand for the start button.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't use my hand for the start button.

I thought I was the only one

#378 6 years ago

Yay!!! Got the frog! Thx guys!

#379 6 years ago

Why would anyone get the frog anyways? You will have less points.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Why would anyone get the frog anyways? You will have less points.

Easy, because it's there!

#381 6 years ago

I'm easy, just saying that you miss half the points to see a frog dance.

#382 6 years ago

But you get to see a frog dance. Duh!

#383 6 years ago

Haha, good point!

#384 6 years ago

Here's a mod I did with a Hallmark Indy, custom plastic piece to attach him, and cobra snake that my friend on here painted the cobra eye on. Came out nice.

Ironically it was the snake that was the hardest thing to get, nothing out there to use. I had to get into my first ebay bidding war for a cobra commander GI Joe set, that only had the accessories and no figure, and ended up paying like $30 to get it to my door...

Anyway, I really like it, hope you enjoy!

20150101_134256_resized.jpg
20150101_134347_resized.jpg

#385 6 years ago

Anyone here ever get the translucent backboard with the lighting effects? Is it any good? And does anyone have any video of it in action?

Also, I have to replace my drops. Anything special to watch out for? Can I just disassemble the coil assembly so that I can take the drop targets out and not have to desolder?

#386 6 years ago

Yes, it's pretty easy. No desoldering required.
I replaced the stock black ones with yellow that look pretty sharp.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But you get to see a frog dance. Duh!

image-120.jpg

1 week later
#388 6 years ago

So I finally dialled my Path of Adventure in tonight. I was having trouble completing any of the right side, and if I tried, always ended up in the pit. I removed the POA, cleaned the optos on the board, dremelled longer screw holes in the board and moved it up a few mm, fixed the bottom right switch which wasn't registering, and tightened the set screw so that there was hardly any play in it.
Finally I can hit all the switches on the POA.
My very first game after doing this, I have the game of my life. I get two extra balls on the POA, and all the others except rope bridge. I get two soooooper jackpots (what a call out!) and finally make it to Eternal Life multiball. I hit 21 switches, 3 to go - all on the right side of the POA! I have two balls left - keep trying for the right ramp but just missing. Palms sweaty, I finally shoot one up there and on to my glorious, responsive, perfectly dialled in POA. Bang bang bang past the last three switches for ONE BILLION. What a great feeling, God this game rocks!

image.jpg

#389 6 years ago

Yep, IJ is an amazing game. Can't believe I used to hate this game!

#390 6 years ago

Good news.

I received my Pinsound Board for the IJ yesterday. I also updated to a 2-way Stereo System + Sub. I can actually start to test my mix for
the IJ Reorchestration now!

If you don't know what's the Pinsound Board... please go to: www.pinsound.org

What will it be?

- a high quality reorchestration of the EXISTING soundtrack for Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Machine made by Chris Granner. The reason I do it is that I love it the way it is - I just don't like the "cheap" midi sounds as they didn't age well in my ears. Yes, it has all the pretty short loops just like the original. If you find that repetitive you need to look out for one of the OST Versions that's allready on Pinsound-Community.org

- all the FX is from the Indiana Jones Bluray Editions and later Videogames for best possible quality.

- all the speech is from the Bluray Editions of the movies (except Salahs special callouts for obvious reasons) and there are lot's and lot's of additional quotes!

The mix is true Stereo and uses it a lot! I recommend a speaker upgrade to 2.1 if you decide to go for a Pinsound Board in your IJ.

I will release this as soon as I think it's finished (I hope in the next 2 weeks). It will be completely for free.

As this is a 200+ hours project that I do in my spare time I'm happy for any donations from the community. Please contact me if you like my work and you want to donate.

#391 6 years ago

I've listened to the samples you posted and I have to say they're awesome. I have only one complaint. I'm assuming you had to use lines from the actual movie that were rerecorded when the game was made. The only one I absolutely HATED was "See you tomorrow, Indiana Jones!" On the game, she says it with such attitude...my family walks around the house saying it to each other. But I'm guessing in the movie (and when it comes up in your audio file), it sounds so lackluster, like she's falling asleep as she says it. It really loses its effect.

I know that when you go into the sound test, you're able to isolate certain callout samples--it doesn't seem like you can do it with all of them, though. I wonder if anybody knows how to extract those callouts from a ROM to a computer? Perhaps there's a way.

I hope you don't take offense at my one criticism...after all, it's not your fault! You're doing incredible work and I hope you continue through to the end.

#392 6 years ago

Beelzeboob...

all the soundfiles that originaly were used on the pinball machine are from the movies.

I've got all the extracted original files over here (I also got some nice "never heared before" files from Chris Granner that didn't make it into the game)

Please check both files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np407a68ba9145q/AABJOeOGfW8rHJYojb20Lgk5a?dl=0

The "legacy" file is the one from the game. Yes, they sound completely different for one reason: Pitch. Some of the samples have faster speed, therefore higher pitch. Still, they're the same as in the movies.

No speechfiles got rerecorded for the pinball game. Only Sallah (John Rhys-Davies) did some of the "jackpot", "extra ball" etc. samples just for the game... that's why they're the only samples with lower quality (11khz 8bit vs. 44.1khz 16bit)

The only advantage Chris Granner had was that he had access to the overdub speech from the movies - no or just very quiet background noise. I had to use 5.1 channel mix to hope and find all the spots in the center channel with very little background noise

#393 6 years ago

Yep...you're right! The second one is the good one. The first one sounds like she's drunk and tired. Is there a reason you didn't or can't use the second one? I would think you'd want everything to sound just like the original...only better.

I hope no offense is being taken...just trying to help you make a better product from a consumer viewpoint!

#394 6 years ago

Best pinball machine ever.

#395 6 years ago

beelzeboob:

exactly that's why I use the "first" one (the original one from the movie!):

44.1khz 16bit vs. 11khz 8 bit (Pinball machine). The quality of the Williams version is inferior by a million. Besides that... yes, in the movie she is drunk as she just won a drinking contest and it's likely she's tired aswell. If you don't like that one, grab something like Audacity and simply pitch/speed up that one and go. Or take the original files.

That's one thing that's cool about the pinsound board: All the sample mixes are open for changes. If you don't like something, replace it with something you do like

You can download all the original files from IJ over at pinsound-community.org (you need to register).

#396 6 years ago

I didn't know that!!! That's awesome - thanks! How long do you think until you're done with everything?

#397 6 years ago

I'm pretty much done with everything that's music related...phew... just a few things left that give me headache... like the hurry up score that not really a classic piece or anything...

I hope 1-2 weeks or something but no promises. It's done when it's done. Order your board, I will deliver - that's for sure (I'm not Stern )

#398 6 years ago

My IJ is going out for a HEP restoration, but when it gets back, the Pinsound card is the first thing going in.

#399 6 years ago

I just did a new preview, check it out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj3bhna42ec5x05/IndyNeu.mp3?dl=0

#400 6 years ago

Sounds great. Just needs some mixing to be perfect. You left out the "see you tomorrow" part though!

There are 9,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 185.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside