IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 235.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Quoted from gac:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
I dunno about the orange on orange. Seems like too much orange to me.
Maybe white rubber?
But if you like it, go for it!

Personally I think the orange looks pretty good. White is old and boring.

#3752 5 years ago

I think the colored rings look awesome! Check out mine

3339B7B7-8541-42DB-BC3A-692CD60C9607 (resized).jpeg3339B7B7-8541-42DB-BC3A-692CD60C9607 (resized).jpeg4F783C08-70FB-4C0A-80E4-5A16269649F4 (resized).jpeg4F783C08-70FB-4C0A-80E4-5A16269649F4 (resized).jpeg5F231E3F-048A-448D-B182-86FD1FB4572A (resized).jpeg5F231E3F-048A-448D-B182-86FD1FB4572A (resized).jpegE3988D81-3F73-4ED4-8652-9035EB44F01C (resized).jpegE3988D81-3F73-4ED4-8652-9035EB44F01C (resized).jpeg
#3753 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That works really well Korn.
Did you paint or dye those POA side rail plastics? Looks awesome!.

#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That works really well Korn.
Did you paint or dye those POA side rail plastics? Looks awesome!.

Yeah, I painted them and added greenery, bricks, and real braches! I used yellow color to match the mini playfield. I could have incorporated something other than bricks and branches but I really like this look for my game. Way better than the ugly red rails IMO eh?

Also, in the works, is a rope bridge I’m looking to incorporate somewhere in the game
22A125CC-848D-423E-844F-09ABB020C9E5 (resized).jpeg22A125CC-848D-423E-844F-09ABB020C9E5 (resized).jpegC59EE992-4B8A-4F58-A247-4A38F7AEEEBA (resized).jpegC59EE992-4B8A-4F58-A247-4A38F7AEEEBA (resized).jpeg

A01AA51A-DC15-45A0-8E52-641175AB88E2 (resized).jpegA01AA51A-DC15-45A0-8E52-641175AB88E2 (resized).jpeg
#3755 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Yeah I might be a little old school that's for sure lol.

But I guess I was looking for more contrast here and there?

Either way it looks sharp!

#3756 5 years ago

I am with you. If everything is yellow and orange, there is no contrast.
Sometimes less is more.

#3757 5 years ago

Thank you everyone for sharing some great ideas

#3758 5 years ago

Quoted from Squeakman:

I do agree contrast is good. Sometimes if you can take an accent color from the playfield it draws out more of the other colors. Nothing wrong with white at all, I just thought the orange looked good. I'm curious what green might look like.

#3759 5 years ago

I used green super bands on the top roll overs and red on the POA, much better contrast than yellow rubbers on yellow star posts

P1010324 (resized).JPGP1010324 (resized).JPGP1010327 (resized).JPGP1010327 (resized).JPG
#3760 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'll start. I hated this game for years, due to playing crappy on location games. Years later, I played a perfect one at a collector's house and realized how awesome it is.
Has anyone actually gotten all 12 of the modes in one game? I've never even come close...

I have gotten the 12 modes but couldn't cash in on the shots after to get the 1 Billion. Disclaimer....I have all my games set to 5 balls.

#3761 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I used green super bands on the top roll overs and red on the POA, much better contrast than yellow rubbers on yellow star posts
[quoted image][quoted image]

But wait...You also have yellow on yellow

All a matter of personal taste

1D075ADC-8A96-46F5-856D-ABC36D08F0E8 (resized).jpeg1D075ADC-8A96-46F5-856D-ABC36D08F0E8 (resized).jpeg
#3762 5 years ago

I need to LED my game and put in those super bands as both of you guys have done a great job with the yellow and green

#3763 5 years ago

Has anyone tried a more "antiqued" looking armor?

I'm thinking like the smaug playing look.

#3764 5 years ago

I got my old prototype samples of airball protector today. The rest is easy. Take to plastic shop and then sell. Watch for a for sale thread.

Will also be making for tftc.

#3765 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Agreed. Does anyone have good pictures that I could use to make one? I'd need measurements, hole sizes and spacings, etc.

Can someone be so kind as to provide the missing dimensions in the attached sketch so that I can fabricate a mounting bracket for my fighter jet.

Much thanks!

20181015170734.jpg20181015170734.jpg
#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Can someone be so kind as to provide the missing dimensions in the attached sketch so that I can fabricate a mounting bracket for my fighter jet.
Much thanks!
[quoted image]

You should sell some!

#3767 5 years ago

Do switches 54 (left loop top) and 56 (right loop top) activate only during certain modes? I just tested them during game play (no modes running) and they would not activate. I then tested them in test mode and they worked great. Not sure if I have an issue here or not? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
D54C7C6A-0FF1-4999-9F2D-8E3884E53C81 (resized).jpegD54C7C6A-0FF1-4999-9F2D-8E3884E53C81 (resized).jpeg

#3768 5 years ago

My Indy came with the knocker unplugged. Can someone tell me where it is supposed to plug in? There doesn't seem to be any unused cables.

Thanks!

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

My Indy came with the knocker unplugged. Can someone tell me where it is supposed to plug in? There doesn't seem to be any unused cables.
Thanks!

20181019_202157 (resized).jpg20181019_202157 (resized).jpg
#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

#3771 5 years ago

Hi guys / gals - quick question before I start searching for the issue: The GI for the Indy inserts and POA has spontaneously stopped working. I haven't moved the machine or seen any other issues with it.

My plan was to check connections and the fuses first. Any other thoughts or advice?

#3772 5 years ago

What's up everyone. I am experiencing some issues with my Indy and would greatly appreciated your collective help/advice.

The Problem:
All of a sudden, while playing a game, the colorDMD went out and balls starting rapid firing out of trough, into the shooter lane, and plunged into play. The coil (not the once that fires the vuk to launch balls into the idol lock, the one before it inside the subway) inside the subway once you hit the center ball lock is also firing every 3-4 seconds. I've checked/tested the F116 fuse and all other fuses for continuity and it's fine, but replaced anyways based on some previous troubleshooting posts. I also checked the wiring for the idol lock opto lights to see if anything looks strange...nada. Also looked at the diode for the lower right POA switch as that comes up in many troubleshooting posts for switch matrix issues but it's not smashed and looks fine. The led status indicator on the 10 opto board is out. I can hear that there are multiple credit dots as I'm sure a row or column in the switch matrix is likely out, but can't see what they are because the dmd is out.

This happened several months ago and the F116 fuse was blown so I replaced it and haven't had an issue since. I'm running a pinsound in addition to the colorDMD and the jackpot light mod, but all of those components have been in the game for several months so nothing was newly added. I recently added an LED under the playfield to light the mode start hole, so perhaps that led touched metal and shorted but it's still working.

This is frustrating and I'd love to get indy back up and running.

Thanks!

#3773 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What's up everyone. I am experiencing some issues with my Indy and would greatly appreciated your collective help/advice.
The Problem:
All of a sudden, while playing a game, the colorDMD went out and balls starting rapid firing out of trough, into the shooter lane, and plunged into play. The coil (not the once that fires the vuk to launch balls into the idol lock, the one before it inside the subway) inside the subway once you hit the center ball lock is also firing every 3-4 seconds. I've checked/tested the F116 fuse and all other fuses for continuity and it's fine, but replaced anyways based on some previous troubleshooting posts. I also checked the wiring for the idol lock opto lights to see if anything looks strange...nada. Also looked at the diode for the lower right POA switch as that comes up in many troubleshooting posts for switch matrix issues but it's not smashed and looks fine. The led status indicator on the 10 opto board is out. I can hear that there are multiple credit dots as I'm sure a row or column in the switch matrix is likely out, but can't see what they are because the dmd is out.
This happened several months ago and the F116 fuse was blown so I replaced it and haven't had an issue since. I'm running a pinsound in addition to the colorDMD and the jackpot light mod, but all of those components have been in the game for several months so nothing was newly added. I recently added an LED under the playfield to light the mode start hole, so perhaps that led touched metal and shorted but it's still working.
This is frustrating and I'd love to get indy back up and running.
Thanks!

Also, LED 7 on the Power Driver Board is out which is the 12volt power circuit. All other lights on the board are on. So LED 7 on pdb and status indictor light on 10 opto board are both out along with the colorDMD.

#3774 5 years ago

These are the exact symptoms I had with my CFTBL when an led strip was shorting to the apron. Your fuse may have blown again after you replaced it, but it may still look ok. I would pull the fuse at f116 and test it using a meter. Then disconnect that LED before replacing the fuse again. Definitely related to the 12v circuit.

Quoted from per3per3:

Also, LED 7 on the Power Driver Board is out which is the 12volt power circuit. All other lights on the board are on. So LED 7 on pdb and status indictor light on 10 opto board are both out along with the colorDMD.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

These are the exact symptoms I had with my CFTBL when an led strip was shorting to the apron. Your fuse may have blown again after you replaced it, but it may still look ok. I would pull the fuse at f116 and test it using a meter. Then disconnect that LED before replacing the fuse again. Definitely related to the 12v circuit.

I appreciate the advice and will check that fuse again after disconnecting the new led. It's just weird that the fuse hasn't blown like it did months ago when I experienced similar symptoms.

#3776 5 years ago

Mine would work for awhile and then one day it would just blow. Then I would replace the fuse and it would work for awhile again. No pattern to it. I think if I shook the game just right, it would short out.

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Can someone be so kind as to provide the missing dimensions in the attached sketch so that I can fabricate a mounting bracket for my fighter plane.
Much thanks!
[quoted image]

Bump, any help would be great!

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Bump, any help would be great!

Ask in the plane rescue thread. They’ll all have those brackets removed from the machine to do the install.

Here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/14#post-4654357

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find those larger yellow rollover lane plastics? I like the yellow on yellow look for the POV and the INDY rollovers at the top!

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Where did you find those larger yellow rollover lane plastics? I like the yellow on yellow look for the POV and the INDY rollovers at the top!

I wanna say Pinball life? It was a long time ago. Check there and check Marcos as well

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Mine would work for awhile and then one day it would just blow. Then I would replace the fuse and it would work for awhile again. No pattern to it. I think if I shook the game just right, it would short out.

Just following up now that I've solved the problem and my indy is back to 100%. It ended up being a bad connection on J112. I took the power driver board out, reflowed solder, and I'm back in action!

#3782 5 years ago

I’m sure this is somewhere in this thread,but I would be searching a long time.My IJ has all incandescent lighting.After buying DI and playing I want to brighten things up.Is there a concensus on led lighting,a list would be great Thanks

#3783 5 years ago

Colour match the inserts, soft white for the GI lighting IMHO.

#3784 5 years ago

Great Thread... Thanks for all the sharing, advice & tips!

#3785 5 years ago

Hey guys,
I got my second Indy. I notice it’s sending second and sometimes third balls out. Also, it will randomly think I drained and start totaling up bonuse, etc while I’m still playing. In test mode, sometimes when I hit my right flipper button, I will see (very briefly) top trough switch activate. I need to do more homework, but do these symptoms add up to trough opto problems? Should i give them a cleaning with rubbing alcohol? Anything else you can think of?

#3786 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey guys,
I got my second Indy. I notice it’s sending second and sometimes third balls out. Also, it will randomly think I drained and start totaling up bonuse, etc while I’m still playing. In test mode, sometimes when I hit my right flipper button, I will see (very briefly) top trough switch activate. I need to do more homework, but do these symptoms add up to trough opto problems? Should i give them a cleaning with rubbing alcohol? Anything else you can think of?

Yes, definetly. top through opto failures causes additional balls to be plunged out during your game. Other optos (i.e. most left one) can cause the game to be ended, as the machine believes the last ball is already in the through.

so first try cleaning the optos (sender and receiver). Next check the soldering, they can break and cause probleme. last a replacement of parts may be necessary... Most of the time the sending side is the problem (in my experience...).

#3787 5 years ago

Question: In my machine, when the Dogfight challenge is running and i hit it, approximately 1 in 10 times it does not award you and continues to count down. it has always been this way but i had never looked into it. Is this just my machine or a known bug? thanx

#3788 5 years ago

Is it possible to hook up the same additional led to both the jackpot light and adventure leds so that if either go on it lights up?

I’d think I’d need to have a relay or something right? Something like this?

D8ADADAE-C988-406A-8582-B70A0E2BEB7E (resized).pngD8ADADAE-C988-406A-8582-B70A0E2BEB7E (resized).png

#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Question: In my machine, when the Dogfight challenge is running and i hit it, approximately 1 in 10 times it does not award you and continues to count down. it has always been this way but i had never looked into it. Is this just my machine or a known bug? thanx

Ball is rolling past opto in subway to fast and not triggering it, clean opto.

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Having just restored my machine, I suspect you may have opto issues in your metal subway (from dogfight outhole to Idol) under the playfield. Test them in test mode with a ball to see if they register each and everytime

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Is it possible to hook up the same additional led to both the jackpot light and adventure leds so that if either go on it lights up?
I’d think I’d need to have a relay or something right? Something like this?
[quoted image]

What would you like to see, what is your goal?

#3792 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What would you like to see, what is your goal?

A string of leds lighting up the rope bridge behind the plastic when any of the appropriate lights light up (adventure OR jackpot).

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

A string of leds lighting up the rope bridge behind the plastic when any of the appropriate lights light up (adventure OR jackpot).

As we are talking about flashers, you need logic IC and also timer function, to avoid strobe effect at output.

#3794 5 years ago

just wanded to share , i had no bumpers , no slings and no right gate . after searching for 1 hour i found a wire was broken off on the left gate coil , solderded it back , now everthing works again

#3795 5 years ago

Hi, any advice on the best sound set for pinsound on IJ?

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As we are talking about flashers, you need logic IC and also timer function, to avoid strobe effect at output.

Just the static ones. It works for one already but I have to choose.

I can either light for jackpot OR adventure.

#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Indiana_Jones_OST_By_PinHead

The music is fantastic, it's ripped straight from the Blu-ray movies

#3798 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Just the static ones. It works for one already but I have to choose.
I can either light for jackpot OR adventure.

Can't you install 2 led strings?

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Endprodukt's mix.

#3800 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Can't you install 2 led strings?

Yeah I can. I was just looking for a more elegant solution

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,500 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/76?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.