20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 232.
#3651 5 years ago

Isn't worth money and effort, better solution is a custom made bracket similar to the other bracket in Indy.

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Does anyone use spotlights to brighten up their Indy? The center insert area can be kind of dark. Any other locations? How about those short LED strips? I'm trying to figure out how to brighten things up without going the Pinstadium route. Thanks.

What about starpost lights? Indy has 10 starposts around the center insert area.

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

What about starpost lights? Indy has 10 starposts around the center insert area.

I really like the lighted star post idea, but I want to divert the light on them internally.

Maybe paint inside or some kind of sleeve inside so that the light can be directed away from the players view?
Or maybe a clear window or lens on one side?

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really like the lighted star post idea, but I want to divert the light on them internally.
Maybe paint inside or some kind of sleeve inside so that the light can be directed away from the players view?
Or maybe a clear window or lens on one side?

20180928_110807 (resized).jpg20180928_110807 (resized).jpg20180928_110823 (resized).jpg20180928_110823 (resized).jpg
#3655 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That doesnt look too bad at all!

#3656 5 years ago

What about the little 3" add-on LED strips that are being sold?
You can carve out lane guides or put them in a lot of places.

#3657 5 years ago

Those start posts do look good. What kind of radius do they light up? I've got some spotlights so I will experiment with those, and I also have some led strips. I agree that the center insert area is what needs to be brighter.

#3658 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Those start posts do look good. What kind of radius do they light up? I've got some spotlights so I will experiment with those, and I also have some led strips. I agree that the center insert area is what needs to be brighter.

It helps at least 3 inches. I've installed 2 on the left, 2 on the right. That's enough for me. You can add more. If you don't like, easy to remove, and easy to play with different types.

20180928_211356 (resized).jpg20180928_211356 (resized).jpg20180928_211417 (resized).jpg20180928_211417 (resized).jpg
#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It helps at least 3 inches. I've installed 2 on the left, 2 on the right. That's enough for me. You can add more. If you don't like, easy to remove, and easy to play with different types.[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool! Looks great.

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It helps at least 3 inches. I've installed 2 on the left, 2 on the right. That's enough for me. You can add more. If you don't like, easy to remove, and easy to play with different types.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to drill bigger holes on the playfield? Looks great!

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you have to drill bigger holes on the playfield? Looks great!

New hole/bigger hole is not required. The cable of this light is long enough to find a hole nearby.

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

New hole/bigger hole is not required. The cable of this light is long enough to find a hole nearby.

Look for red/black wires

DSC_1793 (resized).JPGDSC_1793 (resized).JPG
#3663 5 years ago

Tore down my Indy for playfield restoration.

3 days... lots of pics, labels and bins/bags.

Honestly ... I feel like I want to throw up. I’m super excited to finally get this project going... but holy shit!!!! People that do this all the time have a strong stomach. It’s like a long drive... it’s a good thing it’s gonna take a while on the playfield ... I’m not ready to hook it back up for a bit.

In the mean time I can start working on the cabinet.

I’m keeping this game forever so this has to be done for posterity.

FF9AA630-1057-45A9-BE0A-78F04AAB8D0C (resized).jpegFF9AA630-1057-45A9-BE0A-78F04AAB8D0C (resized).jpeg
#3664 5 years ago

That's exactly what my IJ is going to need. It was owned by someone who did not take care of it. I'm sure it was in an arcade when it was purchased new.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Honestly ... I feel like I want to throw up. I’m super excited to finally get this project going... but holy shit!!!! People that do this all the time have a strong stomach. It’s like a long drive... it’s a good thing it’s gonna take a while on the playfield ... I’m not ready to hook it back up for a bit.
I’m keeping this game forever so this has to be done for posterity. [quoted image]

My playfield too needs to be restored. I'm scared to death of sending it out, though. I had an AFM playfield come back literally broken in half by the post office. Luckily, AFM playfields were available. Finding an IJ playfield, would be a nightmare. Next to impossible. Not sure they are ever going to get made, either. Licensing appears to be a nightmare. That would really suck having an IJ with no playfield.

#3666 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m keeping this game forever so this has to be done for posterity. [quoted image]

Good luck! I did the same thing to mine. Any Q’s let me know

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good luck! I did the same thing to mine. Any Q’s let me know

Thanks!!! I’m amazed at how much work it really does need... once you get all the crap off of it.

#3668 5 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

My playfield too needs to be restored. I'm scared to death of sending it out, though. I had an AFM playfield come back literally broken in half by the post office. Luckily, AFM playfields were available. Finding an IJ playfield, would be a nightmare. Next to impossible. Not sure they are ever going to get made, either. Licensing appears to be a nightmare. That would really suck having an IJ with no playfield.

Not gonna lie... I’m scared shitless to ship it.

#3669 5 years ago

Mirco will probably make playfields coming up.

#3670 5 years ago

Mirco will probably make playfields coming up.

Yeah he’s ready to go... licensing is a problem. If he ever can secure the license... I’d probably buy one anyway.

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Not gonna lie... I’m scared shitless to ship it.

Use pvc pipe insulation for the edges

#3672 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Use pvc pipe insulation for the edges

Yeah I read Vids guide... he said that too!

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah I read Vids guide... he said that too!

I used a large LCD TV box to ship the playfield

#3674 5 years ago

For those of you that removed the mode hole stop bracket and installed the dead foam. Do you think this is enough? Need more? Too much? There’s 3 pieces in there. The screws don’t stick out. Thanks!

17863734-05F0-4B39-82E9-ADF4B9A4A565 (resized).jpeg17863734-05F0-4B39-82E9-ADF4B9A4A565 (resized).jpeg

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

For those of you that removed the mode hole stop bracket and installed the dead foam. Do you think this is enough? Need more? Too much? There’s 3 pieces in there. The screws don’t stick out. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Looks very good.

#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Looks very good.

Thanks! How many did you use?

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

[quoted image]

It looks about right.

#3678 5 years ago

It looks about right.

Thank you! Feel much better now

#3679 5 years ago

Oh man, that's not good.
You use the wrong screws ... ok, if you do not use the clamp, it's not too bad, but all in all not a good solution.
You need to install the modified bracket out of the other hole and bend a little until it fits under the plastic.
And use correct bolts to safe the playfield and reinforce that area... really hard balls can pull off the bracket and damage the surface of the playfield

In fact, in your Indy the balls hit the structure behind the hole and that does not make sense.

Believe me and try this:

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG

2 (resized).PNG2 (resized).PNG

3 (resized).PNG3 (resized).PNG

#3680 5 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Oh man, that's not good.
You use the wrong screws ... ok, if you do not use the clamp, it's not too bad, but all in all not a good solution.
You need to install the modified bracket out of the other hole and bend a little until it fits under the plastic.
And use correct bolts to safe the playfield and reinforce that area... really hard balls can pull off the bracket and damage the surface of the playfield
In fact, in your Indy the balls hit the structure behind the hole and that does not make sense.
Believe me and try this:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have the correct screws for that area but they stick out too much and the ball will be hitting them constantly. Did you guys (with the foam) install the hex head screws?

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have the correct screwus for that area but they stick out too much and the ball will be hitting them constantly. Did you guys (with the foam) install the hex head screws?

If there is nothing attached to them, you dont need the screws at all.

If you are just filling holes, flat head flush mounted screws are ok.

#3682 5 years ago

Hey guys, really enjoying the restoration posts so I thought I would contribute. Goal is to do the most over the top IJ restoration possible...with my amateur skillset being the only limiting factor. Lol. Want to say thanks to guys like High_End_Pins and Bryan_Kelly for being so generous with the tips/tricks of the trade. I'm just a hobbyist and a hack at best and do this for fun and relaxation. Would appreciate any feedback from owners on other ideas/tips. You guys think this thread is appropriate for posting updates throughout the process?

Before Pics of Playfield (not great but show some of the issues, including a crack on left side):
MainPlayfield-Before.pngMainPlayfield-Before.png

After Pics of Playfield Restoration (one of the most mind boggling things to me was how he repainted the yellow to orange gradients coming out of the center around Indy's face....look better than original):
MainPlayfiield-After.pngMainPlayfiield-After.png

Chrome, chrome and more chrome (too much?):
26237121_10155906986802317_2095101927_o (resized).jpg26237121_10155906986802317_2095101927_o (resized).jpg26236289_10155906986732317_1754517193_o (resized).jpg26236289_10155906986732317_1754517193_o (resized).jpg

Making new ramp flaps:
IMG_3715 (resized).jpgIMG_3715 (resized).jpg

Regraining all ramps and ball guides:
Regrained-Ball-Guides (resized).jpgRegrained-Ball-Guides (resized).jpg

#3683 5 years ago

IJ community, let me ask you a question before I put the playfield back inside the cabinet (which would make it 10X more difficult to make any sort of adjustment or repair). I've noticed that the single drop target after hitting it twice (for the most part), stays down even after draining and playing a new ball. Isn't it supposed to come back up after playing a new ball? Not sure if it's part of the game code or if my drop target/switch needs some sort of adjustment? It's been literally 1.5 years since I last played my IJ and I just can't remember for sure. Thanks!

#3684 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Hey guys, really enjoying the restoration posts so I thought I would contribute. Goal is to do the most over the top IJ restoration possible...with my amateur skillset being the only limiting factor. Lol. Want to say thanks to guys like high_end_pins and bryan_kelly for being so generous with the tips/tricks of the trade. I'm just a hobbyist and a hack at best and do this for fun and relaxation. Would appreciate any feedback from owners on other ideas/tips. You guys think this thread is appropriate for posting updates throughout the process?
Before Pics of Playfield (not great but show some of the issues, including a crack on left side):
[quoted image]
After Pics of Playfield Restoration (one of the most mind boggling things to me was how he repainted the yellow to orange gradients coming out of the center around Indy's face....look better than original):
[quoted image]
Chrome, chrome and more chrome (too much?):
[quoted image][quoted image]
Making new ramp flaps:
[quoted image]
Regraining all ramps and ball guides:
[quoted image]

Maybe start your own restoration thread?

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

IJ community, let me ask you a question before I put the playfield back inside the cabinet (which would make it 10X more difficult to make any sort of adjustment or repair). I've noticed that the single drop target after hitting it twice (for the most part), stays down even after draining and playing a new ball. Isn't it supposed to come back up after playing a new ball? Not sure if it's part of the game code or if my drop target/switch needs some sort of adjustment? It's been literally 1.5 years since I last played my IJ and I just can't remember for sure. Thanks!

Yes, after a new ball is added, the drop targets are supposed to reset. There's a couple second delay on mine, but it does happen.

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Yes, after a new ball is added, the drop targets are supposed to reset. There's a couple second delay on mine, but it does happen.

Thanks Maide! So that means I need to make some sort of adjustment. Hopefully it’s nothing big

Wait..are you talking about the 3 bank targets or the single target?

#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks Maide! So that means I need to make some sort of adjustment. Hopefully it’s nothing big
Wait..are you talking about the 3 bank targets or the single target?

Pretty sure both banks reset when Ball added after draining.

#3688 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty sure both banks reset when Ball added after draining.

Good thing I caught it in time! Thanks!

#3689 5 years ago

Maybe start your own restoration thread?

That’s probably the right thing to do. However, my skills aren’t worthy of a dedicated thread. I’ll post the final result here when done. Thanks

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

That’s probably the right thing to do. However, my skills aren’t worthy of a dedicated thread. I’ll post the final result here when done. Thanks

If you get into trouble on something, please ask for help here!

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Looks great tho!

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! How many did you use?

I think I just had three pieces.

Looks like your screws are to hold down the cliffy? I don’t have one there so I didn’t need screws.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think I just had three pieces.
Looks like your screws are to hold down the cliffy? I don’t have one there so I didn’t need screws.

Not really. The cliffy has adhesive. I just put them in for reinforcement.

What’s your shot success rate?

#3694 5 years ago

If you get into trouble on something, please ask for help here!

Lol who put you in charge telling people what they can post here? Still laughing at the gall.

Cserold, I bet most of us here appreciate your posts. Don't let one guy discourage you.

#3695 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Don't listen to that dude. He's not in charge. Lol.

#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Not really. The cliffy has adhesive. I just put them in for reinforcement.
What’s your shot success rate?

Feels just right. 90%? If I hit it “right” it sticks. If it’s weak or rattled too much it will come back out.

#3697 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Feels just right. 90%? If I hit it “right” it sticks. If it’s weak or rattled too much it will come back out.

That’s a lot better than what I used to get

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

Don't listen to that dude. He's not in charge. Lol.

Good point. I won’t pollute the thread but will post some intermittent updates for us owners. Cheers

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Good point. I won’t pollute the thread but will post some intermittent updates for us owners. Cheers

The playfield restoration looks quite nice!

#3700 5 years ago

Is there a chance that reproduction playfields will be available one day?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
14,000 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 63.95
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,590 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/74?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.