Topic Stats

• 4,773 posts
  • 394 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,580 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2124 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190822_161345.jpg
IMG_20190822_161313.jpg
IMG_20190822_161307.jpg
IMG_20190822_161420.jpg
IMG_20190822_161410.jpg
IMG_20190822_161340.jpg
20190118_175649 (resized).jpg
20190829_202315 (resized).jpg
20190823_184910 (resized).jpg
DSCN2919 (resized).JPG
DSCN2729 (resized).JPG

There are 4773 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 96.
#301 4 years ago

A 1993 game, still smarter than the ones they are making today

#302 4 years ago

It's pretty common for my game to launch an air-ball over the exit of the left wireform, into the left outlane. It will on occasion launch another ball, but not every time.

I am not sure what parameters the game uses to determine when it should launch another ball.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

It's pretty common for my game to launch an air-ball over the exit of the left wireform, into the left outlane. It will on occasion launch another ball, but not every time.
I am not sure what parameters the game uses to determine when it should launch another ball.

I think it's the time between hitting the droptarget and activating the switch in the left outlane. If it doesn't touch it, it's the time between hitting the drop target and activating the opto in the outhole.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

A 1993 game, still smarter than the ones they are making today

Funny you say that, as there's a similar issue on Avengers. The H drop target in Hulk can sometimes pop back up too fast and the ball pops back into the saucer in front of it. It will cycle over and over again until you either time a nudge or you get lucky and it pops out of the cycle.

Code literally needs to just hold the drop target for one second more before kicking back up. Stern has known of the issue for over a year, hasn't fixed it.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Funny you say that, as there's a similar issue on Avengers. The H drop target in Hulk can sometimes pop back up too fast and the ball pops back into the saucer in front of it. It will cycle over and over again until you either time a nudge or you get lucky and it pops out of the cycle.
Code literally needs to just hold the drop target for one second more before kicking back up. Stern has known of the issue for over a year, hasn't fixed it.

I fixed this by adding a screw on top of the post that the ramp sits on right by there. If you look at the post, there is a threaded hole in the top with nothing in it. After I put a screw there, it never happened again.

#306 4 years ago

Interesting. I will pass that along to anyone that has it, I sold mine a couple weeks ago to put in an IMVE.

#307 4 years ago

Another two questions to see if they're normal: Does the ball fly off the ramp often? Mine does sometimes, and whacks the biplane. And does anybody else have the ball getting hung up on the left side beneath the ramp when it comes off the pops? Sometimes I have to nudge the machine to get it down the left orbit. Didn't know if my level is off or what.

#308 4 years ago

Hey I've got the exact same issues with mine. Hate when it falls off the ramp

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Hey I've got the exact same issues with mine. Hate when it falls off the ramp

Certainly adds to the "pinball adventure"!

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Another two questions to see if they're normal: Does the ball fly off the ramp often? Mine does sometimes, and whacks the biplane. And does anybody else have the ball getting hung up on the left side beneath the ramp when it comes off the pops? Sometimes I have to nudge the machine to get it down the left orbit. Didn't know if my level is off or what.

1. Check the level of your playfield. This only happened on my machine when it was set too flat.

2. Yup, this happen all the time, no matter how you level the machine.

#311 4 years ago

Does anybody know if all the reorchestrations are done for PinSounds on IJ? It looks like they're still working on it on their website. If anybody has one and has feedback I'd love to hear it. Don't want to buy an incomplete product.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does anybody know if all the reorchestrations are done for PinSounds on IJ? It looks like they're still working on it on their website. If anybody has one and has feedback I'd love to hear it. Don't want to buy an incomplete product.

Any video of this anywhere?

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The product is the board which is complete. The sounds are open source and will always be on going. Anyone can make "re-orchestrations" or add your own sound.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can't download Sounds from the Pinside Board. The sounds they had up (original ones) were used to name the events. Now, you can only download the Event Folder Structures from Pinsound. To download Reorchestrations, please go to Pinsound-Community.org

You will see I'm working on IJ.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Another two questions to see if they're normal: Does the ball fly off the ramp often? Mine does sometimes, and whacks the biplane.blockquote>

Yes, I had this - if you mean flying off the left ramp. Solution was to put an inch of drop dead foam at the top of the ramp, wrapping around the curve. This slows down the ball and solved the problem.

2 weeks later
#316 4 years ago

I've had my IJ for quite some time now. Knock on wood, the start mode shot and the path of adventure issues I had in the past are fixed. Turns out, Indy is my holy grail pin. It's sooooo good.

Suuuuuuuuuper Jackpot!!!!!

Also, Color DMD on the way.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I've had my IJ for quite some time now. Knock on wood, the start mode shot and the path of adventure issues I had in the past are fixed. Turns out, Indy is my holy grail pin. It's sooooo good.
Suuuuuuuuuper Jackpot!!!!!
Also, Color DMD on the way.

I'm still tweaking mine out, but it was my grail before I even got it. How did you fix the POA problem? Was it that you couldn't get it down that first left-side path? That's what I'm dealing with now...

#318 4 years ago

My

Quoted from beelzeboob:I'm still tweaking mine out, but it was my grail before I even got it. How did you fix the POA problem? Was it that you couldn't get it down that first left-side path? That's what I'm dealing with now...

I have noticed this as well

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm still tweaking mine out, but it was my grail before I even got it. How did you fix the POA problem? Was it that you couldn't get it down that first left-side path? That's what I'm dealing with now...

How does it respond in test mode? Do the optos test good?

It could be that it needs to be adjusted. Check and see if the POA has a lot of left to right play in it. Mine was loose and would not rotate all the way to the right. I leveled the POA and used an Allen Wrench to tighten the set screw.

It's been perfect ever since.

#320 4 years ago

We tinkered with mine for quite some time. Adjusting the set screw until it was perfect. However, it won't hug the right side 100 percent of the time, but it's close.

#321 4 years ago

We also adjusted the two metal pieces at the top of the path to ensure the ball was entering at the correct location.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

We tinkered with mine for quite some time. Adjusting the set screw until it was perfect. However, it won't hug the right side 100 percent of the time, but it's close.

In some cases, the right side of the POA hits the Jackpot plastic. Make sure that you have proper clearance. It may be possible to move that plastic to the other set of mounting screws on the ramp, if this is your problem.

1 week later
#323 4 years ago

Subscribed!

#324 4 years ago

Since this is an Indiana Jones post I need help on some holes
I purchased a new cabinet they did not drill three holes on the lower right and the two holes on the lower left cabinet these holes are for the Plainfield hinges and the yellow safety bar if anyone can please measure these from the bottom up and from the back forward
Thanks

#325 4 years ago

Some of you know that I'm reorchestrating the existing score by Chris Granner for the Pinsound Board. It will be a (mostly) perfect match to the sound as it is (all the fanfares, tracks etc) instead of using the OST only. All the soundeffects will be updated to high quality sounds from the movies, same goes for the voiceovers.

If you don't know what's the pinsound board is please go to Pinsound.org.

Now, I was working with Chris Granner on this and we hoped for the original files from Chris Granners DAT Tapes (the DCS version of TZ got released that way) as I wanted to use the speech in HQ. Chris found the tapes with the music on it, but couldn't find the ones with the speech (and isn't sure he ever had them anyways). So all the speech will be from the 5.1 Bluray Editions of the movies cut as clean as possible (I'm looking in all 6 channels to find the cleanest samples). This means there is a chance of background noise though, but the quality is way better than the original DCS files (not as muffled etc.)

I hope you will like it. For purist who like the soundtrack of this pinball machine as it is, this is the version for you.

I was listening to the whole OST for many many hours to find all the small loops that make the music for IJ. Some tracks like "Well of Souls", "Tank Chase" or "Monkey Brains" simply did not exist in the movies at all. Same goes for all the transitions (called fanfares or jingles). I reorchestrated those from the ground up.

If your interested in samples please go to: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?s=4e65a2b4aeb5c5a9edc17f7abfa85bbe&showtopic=9

I try to release an ingame demo for you as fast as possible (I'm about 80% done with everything).

#326 4 years ago

BIG THX for all your work and the time you throw in this Project.
Can't wait to hear your Reorchestrating on my Indy.
I hope i will be able to buy the Board on the next Batch.

#327 4 years ago

You won't be dissapointed with the board. The guys over at Pinsound did a very professional job on it and they keep improving it very fast! Software keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for some of the features that are going to come in the next few month.

#328 4 years ago

When this product is done and tested, I'm a customer. Really excited about it, too, because I think the chintzy midi files in Indy is the weakest part of the machine. So hurry up!

#329 4 years ago

Which product? My Mix or the Pinsound Board? Because the Board is finished and tested... they're just improving it, although it works really nice allready. I will release my IJ mix once I've tested it on my machine. Of course for free. I really don't like the idea to release something without testing it myself.

One of the main features that's important to me and that I can't wait for is something called "ducking".

Ducking means that the music will drop in volume when another sound/speech/fanfare plays. If you listen closely when you start a mode on the IJ, you will hear the main music very very quiet in the background. Right now the Pinsound Board won't do that, and it's great for speech as well. Music will duck a little so the speech seems "louder" and "clearer".

#330 4 years ago

Right. I meant when you're completely done with the IJ mix, I'll buy the board. IJ is the only machine I have where the MIDI sounds just don't work for me. I always thought it should have the real orchestral sounds from the movie. When the whole thing is done for that machine, I'm buying! Doesn't make sense for me until then...

#331 4 years ago

You can find a preview of my IJ Reorchestration here:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9#entry99

Please have in mind it's NOT finished. The only critique I've got so far is that the loops are short. That's because it's just like it was in the original game! So please have that in mind. There are other versions for the Pinsound Board out there that you can throw together with my FX, Samples, Speech etc but have the Music from the films as you whish.

I hope you dig it. In the end it's way more work for IJ than I though to be honest

#332 4 years ago

HOLY CRAP! I want that in my machine for sure! Great work!!

As soon as this is ready, I'm in.

#333 4 years ago

I'm very glad you like it. Get a Pinsound board preordered... They're selling fast! Mix will be ready in a few weeks

#334 4 years ago

Yes...PLEASE let us know when it's all done. It's awesome.

#335 4 years ago

I'm doing my best. There is a lot of SFX and little fanfares. I will never release something untested and I don't have a board for my IJ yet.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm very glad you like it. Get a Pinsound board preordered... They're selling fast! Mix will be ready in a few weeks

Looks like they are on preorder only? Is that correct?

#337 4 years ago

Yeah pretty much. They can't produce thousands of these at one time. The first batch was 100 pinsound boards and they're sold out. Next batch will ship in february.

#338 4 years ago

Cool, thanks for the info!

#339 4 years ago

Help needed!

I upgraded my game ROM from L-5 to L-7 and my sound ROM from L-2 to L-3. Afterwards the game acted differently and errantly. Sometimes when I play the game, most of the sounds are special effects with rare speech. Then at other times, I get the "You cheat Dr. Jones" statement randomly, often repeating itself and getting the 5M score.

I changed the ROMs back to the original, and the problem still exists. I'm now thinking I made a collateral damage somewhere. I just don't know what I did, or how to fix it. Any suggestions?
Should I post to the tech site too?

#340 4 years ago

I had that happen, but it's because the optos beneath the center hole are either dirty or malfunctioning. That's why you're getting the "You Cheat Dr. Jones" all the time, because it thinks the ball went in there without targets dropping. Don't know about the other stuff though.

This sounds like one of those unrelated things that happen when you work on your machine, and you think it's related. Infuriating!

#341 4 years ago

I love this game, and just joined the club. I made adjustments to the mode start immediately, the rejections were driving me crazy.

My only other problem is a roll out from the pops ends up in my left sling every time. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this by design for some reason?

#342 4 years ago

Trying like hell to adjust my POA. Bent the little exit metal to make the ball drop center (so I could get it down that first left lane), then had the bright idea that if I pulled it forward a little more, it would give the ball more time to get to the left side on a tilt. All it did was allow the ball to pick up more velocity and shoot off the walls on either side straight into the pit. *sigh* This thing is a royal bitch...

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Trying like hell to adjust my POA. Bent the little exit metal to make the ball drop center (so I could get it down that first left lane), then had the bright idea that if I pulled it forward a little more, it would give the ball more time to get to the left side on a tilt. All it did was allow the ball to pick up more velocity and shoot off the walls on either side straight into the pit. *sigh* This thing is a royal bitch...

Another trick with the POA is to use washers under the front holder of the POA (sorry, english is not my first language) to make it a little less steep. This way you can adjust your game to an angle you like without taking care of the POA. Give it a try, it might be too steep allready!

#344 4 years ago

ps.

as much as I love Indiana Jones... it has MANY design flaws. Still my favourite game.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Another trick with the POA is to use washers under the front holder of the POA (sorry, english is not my first language) to make it a little less steep. This way you can adjust your game to an angle you like without taking care of the POA. Give it a try, it might be too steep allready!

Thanks. I'll try it. I do have the pitch set to maximum to keep balls from flying off the ramps, so maybe that effected the path of adventure.

Now get back to programming that soundtrack...I'm looking forward to it!

And by the way...your English is better than my German!

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

a roll out from the pops ends up in my left sling every time.

Watching a PAPA video last night, it looks like this is by design. Maybe an interesting way to make the pops dangers even though they're concealed. Now, if you shoot the orbit when it's not flashing, it'll go into the pops, and then the slings.

#347 4 years ago

Just joined the club in October, by far my favorite Williams title. It is just the complete package for me.

image-511.jpg image-428.jpg image-645.jpg image-590.jpg image-420.jpg
#348 4 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Just joined the club in October, by far my favorite Williams title. It is just the complete package for me.

image-511.jpg 171 KB

image-428.jpg 195 KB

image-645.jpg 149 KB

image-590.jpg 165 KB

image-420.jpg 265 KB

Nice looking game, welcome to the club! You should get the ruins light mod, and maybe change that GI to warm white.

#349 4 years ago

Thanks, this was a super nice find for me. I actually have more bulbs waiting at home to try. When I did the LED job I used what I had at the house. It could use a little tweaking in a few areas.

#350 4 years ago

Indy was the Pin that got me collecting back in 2000. Sold it 6 years later to make room for another machine. I bought a nicer one 2 years ago and this one is a keeper. Welcome to the club!

Scott.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
There are 4773 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside