IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 234.
#3301 5 years ago

Here is the second fighter plane that is almost done. A bit different color from the first fighter plane. This plane has the 3 wing propeller. I can add more colors if desired. I also got 2 more fighter planes available for modding at the moment. One light green and one black. I can either leave those colors or paint them the way you want. I got one bi-plane on the early stages of painting....

2C35C65F-ADF7-414C-9EDF-EA9DBFA2F19D (resized).jpeg2C35C65F-ADF7-414C-9EDF-EA9DBFA2F19D (resized).jpeg4E117888-C06B-47F1-AC86-A6F9EDF11787 (resized).png4E117888-C06B-47F1-AC86-A6F9EDF11787 (resized).png9257A04A-3E47-4294-8D21-874FB5AA99E0 (resized).jpeg9257A04A-3E47-4294-8D21-874FB5AA99E0 (resized).jpegA8EFC4CB-A638-4A8F-B311-65941CA9D497 (resized).jpegA8EFC4CB-A638-4A8F-B311-65941CA9D497 (resized).jpegD536416D-25A4-4568-A265-318F6777C9FE (resized).jpegD536416D-25A4-4568-A265-318F6777C9FE (resized).jpeg
#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Here is the second fighter plane that is almost done. A bit different color from the first fighter plane. This plane has the 3 wing propeller. I can add more colors if desired. I also got 2 more fighter planes available for modding at the moment. One light green and one black. I can either leave those colors or paint them the way you want. I got one bi-plane on the early stages of painting.... [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the source with random color supply?

#3303 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Is this the source with random color supply?

Exactly

#3304 5 years ago

Both planes being tested

00A0E2E4-2DA2-4DE1-A194-BD2067B99B9B (resized).jpeg00A0E2E4-2DA2-4DE1-A194-BD2067B99B9B (resized).jpeg
#3305 5 years ago

To all that PM me, I just saw the PMs and will be reviewing them one by one. Thanks for your interest! I’ll reply to each of one of you in the order received. Thanks!

#3306 5 years ago

Ok more info coming but first let’s start with the order I got the PMs.

PSW
Hawkeyexx
shepP
maf-mi
Lawnboy
Fremen
Hammerhead

#3307 5 years ago

A few things I would like to point out:

For the fighter plane: The new fighter plane does fit the light board. I had to rivet mine out VERY carefully. I will drill the holes necessary for the light board. I will also include the necesary hardware for mounting. I could also possibly rivet it in place. Because these light boards are pretty much sold out eveywhere, You would have to drill it out yourself. I really don’t want the responsibility of drilling it out and possibly cracking or breaking it. Once drilled out, it’s a breeze to transfer to the new plane. The Cost for this plane is 10 bucks plus shipping.

For the bi-plane: Price for a new plane at Marco is 35.99. I also need the mounting bracket in order for me to fit the motor and wires around it. The bracket costs 5.00. Shipping at Marco is usually around 7 bucks?

My labor, parts and painting costs: I will supply the motors, propellers, paint and letter decals for the bi-plane as well as landing gear (if desired) and wires connecting top and bottom wings for the bi-plane I will also include everything for the fighter plane.

Labor includes: modifying/gutting the fighter plane to fit the motor, wires and bracket. This also includes hand painting, and assembly. Gutting the wings to fit the light board on the fighter plane. This also includes fitting the motor, soldering the wires, and assembling and painting the propeller on each plane. Adding alligator clips if desired is also included. My cost per plane for labor and parts is 50 bucks per plane. I really think that is a very fair price for labor and parts and hours required for each plane.

So for a fighter plane the costs would be: 50 bucks for labor and parts plus 10 bucks for the plane plus shipping which I’ll figure out a bit later. Shipping in the USA usually runs no more then 10 bucks depending on the box. Shipping to Canada I will also have to figure out later.

For the bi-plane: The costs would be 50 bucks for labor and parts. 36 for the plane if you want a new one. 5 for the mounting bracket. Plus shipping.

As you all know, I’m currently restoring my IJ so I’ll be working on that and on the planes at the same time. This is why I’m not asking for money upfront. I don’t want to be pressured.

Pinsiders who PMed me, Please let me know if you still want to do this

#3308 5 years ago

Souldrider911 added to the list

#3309 5 years ago

Another thing to point out: I will not include any sort of detailed instructions on how or where to solder or connect the wires. If you buy the plane(s) I will assume you know your way around pinball machines and soldering. I can always add alligator clips if you so desire. As you can see in the pics, the planes were tested using a 9V battery because My IJ is being restored at the moment. I believe soldering to a flasher is a bit different than soldering to a lamp. So you must check or know how to hook these up.

The parts (motors and propellers) are brand new BUT I cannot give you any sort of warranty or promise they will last forever. I believe eveybody understands this but still wanted to point it out.

I will paint the planes to look like the planes in the movies unless otherwise instructed. If you decide to go for the stock look, the process will be a bit faster.

Thanks for your interest!

#3310 5 years ago

At this point, I’ll just wait for verbal commitment from the the pinsiders who PMed me and I’ll start working on them in order. Please post your verbal commitment here on this thread. Enjoy your Sunday!

#3311 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing the photos and the information

#3312 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

At this point, I’ll just wait for verbal commitment from the the pinsiders who PMed me and I’ll start working on them in order. Please post your verbal commitment here on this thread. Enjoy your Sunday!

yes please count me in for both planes. I am not sure the best socket to solder, or soldering differences between flashers and bulbs. but hopefully with the group that purchases these, someone will have the knowledge to pass along.

#3313 5 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

yes please count me in for both planes. I am not sure the best socket to solder, or soldering differences between flashers and bulbs. but hopefully with the group that purchases these, someone will have the knowledge to pass along.

No worries, we’ll figure it out.

#3314 5 years ago

Right now, I got 4 fighter planes on hand that I can start paiting and modding. I got motors, alligator clips, props, and wires. I can start working on these for the first 4 people on the list. I got one bi-plane available that would go to PSW. Just waiting on his confirmation. For the Second to the last person we need to arrange the purchase of the bi-plane and bracket. Watch out for my PM soon

51895167-EE9B-47EA-B0FE-43024D9B8197 (resized).jpeg51895167-EE9B-47EA-B0FE-43024D9B8197 (resized).jpeg
#3315 5 years ago

I'm sure the group will share photos with the correct place for wiring the planes.

#3316 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm sure the group will share photos with the correct place for wiring the planes.

I’m going to wire both planes to the right ramp flasher so they both spin at the same time. I will share pics

#3317 5 years ago

MikeHogue added to the list

#3318 5 years ago

CoPinFan added to the list!

#3319 5 years ago

For the people on the list: Which plane color would you go for? The first pic is a hand painted, custom look. The second pic is the original look from the supplier. Just testing the waters as far as color preferences. The fighter plane in the movie was green with dark shades all over.
B94DD9EE-F082-4B3C-9F63-9A02B6CACEC4 (resized).jpegB94DD9EE-F082-4B3C-9F63-9A02B6CACEC4 (resized).jpeg

F8D9B15C-CC35-48D0-94C2-DE9415AC52C9 (resized).jpegF8D9B15C-CC35-48D0-94C2-DE9415AC52C9 (resized).jpeg
#3320 5 years ago

I'm happy with either plane. I'm sure nobody remembers the exact colors on that fighter plane. A couple weeks ago the wife and I did watch the first three movies after we purchased the pin

#3321 5 years ago

I like the darker one. It just looks cooler. However, I think the lighter one might go better with the colors of the playfield and the original theme.

#3322 5 years ago

They both look great. If I had to choose I would say the first looks a little better.

#3323 5 years ago

Updated list:

PSW
Hawkeyexx
shepP
maf-mi
Lawnboy
Fremen
Souldrider911
MikeHogue
CoPinFan
Maide
Guzz4851

#3324 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Updated list:
PSW
Hawkeyexx
shepP
maf-mi
Lawnboy
Fremen
Hammerhead
Souldrider911
MikeHogue
CoPinFan
Maide

Take me off the list for now, still trying to decide what to do.

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Take me off the list for now, still trying to decide what to do.

Sure. Done.

Guys on the list: I just ordered new fighter planes yesterday. I'm doing this purely on verbal commitment, please don't back out as that would not be fair to me. Thanks

#3326 5 years ago

I also prefer the darker colors of the first plane.

I can pay at any time to confirm my commitment.

#3327 5 years ago

I will send funds for my planes.

Thanks

#3328 5 years ago

Thanks Mike and Hawk....

If anybody wants or needs to get taken off the list, for whatever reason (price, changed your mind, whatever) please let me know today. I guess I can still mod the coming planes for a future customer. Thanks!

#3329 5 years ago

More info on the light board for the fighter plane: The fact of the matter is that these light boards are pretty much impossible to buy new. So in order for this to work and install the original light board to the new plane, you must drill out your own light board (Given the rarity of this particular board, I rather not do this part) and then send it to me IF you want me to install it on the new fighter plane. I highly recommend this because I can fit it and hide and run the cable harness out the tail of the plane. I drilled mine out, it's nothing out of this world.

If you don't feel comfortable sending me your light board, then You will have to install the light board yourself when you get the plane. For this I can include some instructions or I can help you via PM or text. Don't sweat this part. I will help you if necessary. The only part you must be careful with is drilling out your light board. I suggest you practice drilling out a few rivets on something else so you can get some practice. The trick is to drill some and then stop (the rivet gets hot!) then repeat until the rivet is out. it's just 2 rivets guys.

I will drill the holes for the light board, and include the screws and nuts to hold it in place. All you have to do is carefully open the plane's belly from below, secure the light board to the plane and run the wire harness inside the plane and out the back. More info coming....my boss just arrived!

#3330 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

More info on the light board for the fighter plane: The fact of the matter is that these light boards are pretty much impossible to buy new. So in order for this to work and install the original light board to the new plane, you must drill out your own light board (Given the rarity of this particular board, I rather not do this part) and then send it to me IF you want me to install it on the new fighter plane. I highly recommend this because I can fit it and run and hide the cable harness out the tail of the plane. I drilled mine out, it's nothing out of this world.
If you don't feel comfortable sending me your light board, then You will have to install the light board yourself when you get the plane. For this I can include some instructions or I can help you via PM or text. Don't sweat this part. I will help you if necessary. The only part you must be careful with is drilling out your light board. I suggest you practice drilling out a few rivets on something else so you can get some practice. The trick is to drill some and then stop (the rivet gets hot!) then repeat until the rivet is out. it's just 2 rivets guys.
I will drill the holes for the light board, and include the screws and nuts to hold it in place. All you have to do is carefully open the plane's belly from below, secure the light board to the plane and run the wire harness inside the plane and out the back. More info coming....my boss just arrived!

If all else fails, I can order light boards in Europe, then send it to Kornfreak28.

#3331 5 years ago

Someone asked about wanting to keep his original plane and light board and wanted to install a new light board on the new plane. If you can find a board, great! By all means. The fact of the matter is that if you wish to continue to use your original board in the new plane, it must be done this way unless you can find a new board and harness for it. You can always transfer the light board back to your original plane (not sure why anyone would want to do that) very easily with 2 screws or by riveting it.

Just trying to be as transparent as possible. I did the whole process for my own planes and there is nothing I can do that you can't do. I will start painting and preparing all the fighter planes I have on hand. Then I will contact each one of you to see what the status is on the light board.

I will also drill the holes for the bracket that holds the fighter plane.

I will also include post pictures shortly to show you guys (that won't send the light board to me) how to install it yourselves. I will work with each one of you via PM to start rolling out the planes asap.

#3332 5 years ago

Maybe have those little boards cloned by 1 of the PC board guys in China. They are cheap fast and efficient.

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

If all else fails, I can order light boards in Europe, then send it to Kornfreak28.

Davi to the rescue as always! That sounds great! That would be up to each customer though. Do the boards come with the harness attached?

#3334 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe have those little boards cloned by 1 of the PC board guys in China. They are cheap fast and efficient.

To this day, I don't understand why nobody makes those tiny simple boards anymore....

#3335 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Davi to the rescue as always! That sounds great! That would be up to each customer though. Do the boards come with the harness attached?

Without wire and plug!
Price is ~$36 at Pinball Center.

image_63996_1_484x484 (resized).jpgimage_63996_1_484x484 (resized).jpg
#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Without wire and plug!
[quoted image]

Thanks for this info! There you go guys. Lots of decisions to make. If you get this new board, you will of course, have to solder the harness to it. Then conceal the harness inside the plane. The Bi-plane on the other hand does not require a board. The fighter plane is the one we must figure out. Open to Ideas.

You can always get the plane and install the board later or I can install it for you. Digest all this info and let me know....

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Without wire and plug!
[quoted image]

Way cheaper to clone it I think, make a couple of adjustments to avoid copyright disputes.

#3338 5 years ago

Another option would be to bypass the board and just have the propeller spin. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe The board is not required to operate the game. Decisions decisions

#3339 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Way cheaper to clone it I think, make a couple of adjustments to avoid copyright disputes.

This is ready and available. Now.
For low volume, makes no sense to run a repro, unless time is not an issue.
Cost of 1st PCB: 50$
Cost of 10th PCB: 8$
Easy board, but gerber creation requires time.
Part sourcing requires time.
Soldering requires time.
Maybe you can save some $ at the end, but precious time is running.

#3340 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is ready and available. Now.
For low volume, makes no sense to run a repro, unless time is not an issue.
Cost of 1st PCB: 50$
Cost of 10th PCB: 8$
Easy board, but gerber creation requires time.
Part sourcing requires time.
Soldering requires time.
Maybe you can save some $ at the end, but precious time is running.

Yes I was thinking along the lines of 100 or 200 units.

#3341 5 years ago

I added the Ark mod to the ramp. Pretty cool

Do you guys think the fighter plane should point down some, up some or is it just right? I can adjust it still....Notice how low the original plane was pointing before I started my restoration
C0BC94E6-FA80-453B-B665-C01323547086 (resized).pngC0BC94E6-FA80-453B-B665-C01323547086 (resized).png

A42D5EBD-E956-4B17-A7D2-69EDF7BD9EFB (resized).jpegA42D5EBD-E956-4B17-A7D2-69EDF7BD9EFB (resized).jpeg
#3342 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I added the Ark mod to the ramp. Pretty cool
Do you guys think the fighter plane should point down some, up some or is it just right? I can adjust it still....Notice how low the original plane was pointing before I started my restoration
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

In my game I tilted the plane up a little because the red LEDs weren’t very noticeable when pointing downward.

#3343 5 years ago

Guys on the list: I just had another cancellation. Not cool. Due to this and a lack of comments/interest after I posted about the light board yesterday, I’m forced to cut my loses and cancel this project.

I just cannot have people verbally commiting and then cancelling. Too many hours involved in making these planes that could be spent with my family instead.

My apologies to all. If you are serious and really want the planes PM me and we can make arrangements but as far as the list of people and initial plans, those are off the table. I was pretty exited to work on this project to be honest with you but I just cannot risk spending all the hours involved in making these planes and then have people cancel on me. Thanks for all of your initial interest

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Guys on the list: I just had another cancellation. Not cool. Due to this and a lack of comments/interest after I posted about the light board yesterday, I’m forced to cut my loses and cancel this project.
I just cannot have people verbally commiting and then cancelling. Too many hours involved in making these planes that could be spent with my family instead.
My apologies to all. If you are serious and really want the planes PM me and we can make arrangements but as far as the list of people and initial plans, those are off the table. I was pretty exited to work on this project to be honest with you but I just cannot risk spending all the hours involved in making these planes and then have people cancel on me. Thanks for all of your initial interest

I sent you another PM. I'm in no rush for the planes.

Thanks

#3345 5 years ago

Not cool that people are so non commital and you should definitely take deposits at a minimum for this type of stuff.

#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Take it easy. Ask for deposit. Deposit means stronger commitment.
While IJ forum is one of the most active Bally/Williams forum, don't expect dozens of reply within a day, especially in Holiday season. You will see many inquiry soon, trust me.

#3347 5 years ago

Thanks for the support guys! I'll be responding to your PM's shortly. Basically, I just wanted to address two issues: One is the light board, the BIG elephant in the room. Obviously when I did my own planes, I drilled out my board and installed it on the new plane. Obviously if I do your planes, I don't have your board in my hands. So the only options were to drill it out yourself and send it to me or for you to install it yourself in the new plane. Beyond that, there is little I can do. Davi presented you guys with an option yesterday but in the end, the harness must be attached to it in order for it to work. The last option was for you to just bypass the light board and just have the plane prop spin. Beyond that, there isn't any real solution to the light board. Honestly, drilling the board out isn't that bad, but I decided not to drill yours out because shit happens all the time.

The other issue I wanted to address is payment: Guys, I really didn't want to take your money until the planes were ready. No need. I'm not in need of any money so I figured, I would just go on verbal commitment. But I guess that backfired in a big way. My main goal in making these for you guys was to feel proud to have my planes in your games, not for the money. Of course, nothing is free in this world but your get my point. I'll be back shortly......

#3348 5 years ago

I like pointing down more like the original design.

#3349 5 years ago

Currently working on several possible solutions for the light board issue

#3350 5 years ago

Plane adjusted to point down a bit more

I also carved a stone (wood) for this cool Idol. Not sure where it’s going to end up yet.

89377C62-F3C1-4809-9207-C1348D88F395 (resized).jpeg89377C62-F3C1-4809-9207-C1348D88F395 (resized).jpeg938FB468-1912-495C-A5E9-0863248A9A42 (resized).jpeg938FB468-1912-495C-A5E9-0863248A9A42 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.