IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 234.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Greetings IJ fans!!!
I'm really new to pinside. I've been in and out of collecting pinball machines for many years and over time I've trimmed my collection to just one machine...and it is IJ! This is one I will never let go.
I am preparing this fall, to tear down the machine for a complete restoration. I acquired the machine many years back (2010)... slowly over time I've purchased all new parts, mods, etc for a complete restoration.
I'm very excited to be here and excited to start this project.
- "See ya tomorrow Indiana Jones"

Congratulations on the restoration. I'm going to do the same to mine. I plan to video the entire restoration.

#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Congratulations on the restoration. I'm going to do the same to mine. I plan to video the entire restoration.

Excellent! Always good to see how people do these things. My next step is to get organized and formulate a plan. I've a rough idea of how, I just need to prescribe it and follow my own directions

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

100% done, ready to send. [quoted image][quoted image]

Package checked by US customs, now on the way to TractorDoc

#3254 5 years ago

Anyone ever thought of creating a mod that makes the planes move? I've kicked around a concept where a tiny gearboxed motor is basically driving a rod on a cam that would make the planes pivot along their center point. This could be activated when the ball goes through the ramps. I've almost got it to work but needed some metal work in order to properly re-mount the planes and hide the motors. I dropped it in the proof of concept stage...but I think it could be done and may be a cool mod. I've always liked the propeller mod but having the planes actually move would be kind of a neat effect.

Didn't know if anyone has thought of or tried this before... or if its a dumb idea.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Anyone ever thought of creating a mod that makes the planes move? I've kicked around a concept where a tiny gearboxed motor is basically driving a rod on a cam that would make the planes pivot along their center point. This could be activated when the ball goes through the ramps. I've almost got it to work but needed some metal work in order to properly re-mount the planes and hide the motors. I dropped it in the proof of concept stage...but I think it could be done and may be a cool mod. I've always liked the propeller mod but having the planes actually move would be kind of a neat effect.
Didn't know if anyone has thought of or tried this before... or if its a dumb idea.

That sounds like a pretty cool project!

#3256 5 years ago

I’m amazed that nobody has made siderails with flipper guards, could even have Indy’s leather whip laser cut into it.

I really think these would sell if made.

#3257 5 years ago

PM me if you are looking for a really nice, used speaker panel plastic. It has a small scuff in the clear plastic but it's honestly not very noticeable and only at very specific angles. Otherwise, it's in excellent condition. I purchased a new one and really didn't need it. I'm planning to install it this weekend since I already have it. $60 plus shipping

#3258 5 years ago

A quick update for all Davi 's IJ Jackpot Panel recipients -- A large rectangular box from Hungary was waiting for me in the office this morning.

5J5A0644 (resized).JPG5J5A0644 (resized).JPG

As you can see a portion was lost at some point in the journey but I believe the internals should be ok.

5J5A0645 (resized).JPG5J5A0645 (resized).JPG

Davi has sent me a list of addresses and I will work on boxing up/getting shipping prices this week, Ill send everyone a PM with the specifics.

#3259 5 years ago

Thats a Big box!, from Hungry....
How much did that weigh Dave?
Thank you again for helping 8?, pinsiders out.

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Nine. . . if you include me!

One of us requested two panels -- I'd have two Indy machines if I could.

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Nine. . . if you include me!
One of us requested two panels -- I'd have two Indy machines if I could.

Very nice gesture TractorDoc! I got mine from Davi months ago and I'm very happy with it. Extremely accurate measurements and top quality

#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

A quick update for all davi 's IJ Jackpot Panel recipients -- A large rectangular box from Hungary was waiting for me in the office this morning.
[quoted image]
As you can see a portion was lost at some point in the journey but I believe the internals should be ok.
[quoted image]
Davi has sent me a list of addresses and I will work on boxing up/getting shipping prices this week, Ill send everyone a PM with the specifics.

Were there any extras made for sale? I totally missed out on this one.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I'm thinking these are accounted for.

I will give them a close look, if it is something that can be replicated easily I may have a try at it.

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

A quick update for all davi 's IJ Jackpot Panel recipients -- A large rectangular box from Hungary was waiting for me in the office this morning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Finally... It is there!
There was a full size edge protector on it. I hope the inside is unharmed.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Sorry, no surplus in the package.

#3266 5 years ago

I'm new to the club. What is the panel for?

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm new to the club. What is the panel for?

It's a duplicate of the normal speaker panel, but with the extra jackpot-light-holes drilled in the correct shapes. Basically, early in production, they stopped drilling the holes for the jackpot lights, and removed the light boards, to either save time and/or money. This feature is still in the software, so if you install a jackpot light board, and drill-out the correct shapes, it will light up the correct Ark/Stones/Grail item on the lower-part of your speaker panel when you get jackpots. These lights will also flash in attract mode.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thats a Big box!, from Hungry....
How much did that weigh Dave?

~11 kg or 24 pounds. From a small, but proud country, where pinball is still alive

#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'm thinking these are accounted for.
I will give them a close look, if it is something that can be replicated easily I may have a try at it.

A right tool is required, otherwise the panel can be destroyed easily, the compressed wood panel is very vulnerable. I've screwed up few panels at the beginning. Finally, I had to buy a special top router to do this run.
If you need detailed help about process, just PM me.

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

A right tool is required, otherwise the panel can be destroyed easily, the compressed wood panel is very vulnerable. I've screwed up few panels at the beginning. Finally, I had to buy a special top router to do this run.
If you need detailed help about process, just PM me.

I would say this is correct. Closer inspection of the panels reveals some intricate workmanship -- If I was to attempt the process it would likely have to be with a piece of hardwood. . . I'd have the particle board turned into a pile of sawdust in no time.

For the record, if anyone needs something shipped from Hungary Davi is your guy -- some quality packaging took place on these panels. As you can see they look to have arrived safely.

5J5A0646 (resized).JPG5J5A0646 (resized).JPG

I have four of them boxed up and will try to get to the Post Office in the near future. Was planning on getting there today but had a new digital x-ray system installed here at the clinic so my afternoon was tied up in training.

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I would say this is correct. Closer inspection of the panels reveals some intricate workmanship -- If I was to attempt the process it would likely have to be with a piece of hardwood. . . I'd have the particle board turned into a pile of sawdust in no time.
For the record, if anyone needs something shipped from Hungary Davi is your guy -- some quality packaging took place on these panels. As you can see they look to have arrived safely.
[quoted image]
I have four of them boxed up and will try to get to the Post Office in the near future. Was planning on getting there today but had a new digital x-ray system installed here at the clinic so my afternoon was tied up in training.

Sweet - those look like my speaker inserts to make the stock speakers work!

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

It's a duplicate of the normal speaker panel, but with the extra jackpot-light-holes drilled in the correct shapes. Basically, early in production, they stopped drilling the holes for the jackpot lights, and removed the light boards, to either save time and/or money. This feature is still in the software, so if you install a jackpot light board, and drill-out the correct shapes, it will light up the correct Ark/Stones/Grail item on the lower-part of your speaker panel when you get jackpots. These lights will also flash in attract mode.

Thank you for the information. I plan to restore mine in the winter here.

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sweet - those look like my speaker inserts to make the stock speakers work!

Yes, the speaker adapter is yours. I think this is the only one adapter in the world with a purpose to hold the small stock speaker

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yes, the speaker adapter is yours. I think this is the only one adapter in the world with a purpose to hold the small stock speaker

Lol! I'm sure at some point I will remove it in favor of new speakers but I still think the originals sound great especially compared to today's new machines!

Thanks again for taking the task of making these for all of us, craftsmanship looks excellent in the pictures!

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

[quoted image]

Precise job is done by carpenter (panel itself). My part was to cut the jackpot shapes, please excuse me if the shape has no perfect geometry. Handcrafted, supported by power tools, but not CNC.

#3276 5 years ago

Can you guys please check on this? I'm installing brand new plastics and plastic protectors on my restoration at the moment. This post (yellow arrow) seems to want to push the plastic down way too much. I had to stop tightening at about half way fearing the plastic might crack. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong? Can anybody do a visual check on this area and let me know? Thanks!

19E8BC90-2D4E-4E41-B9A9-585F3F29E749 (resized).jpeg19E8BC90-2D4E-4E41-B9A9-585F3F29E749 (resized).jpeg
#3277 5 years ago

I've noticed a problem recently with the Captive-ball multi-ball. Occasionally, it will launch two balls instead of just one extra. Has anyone seen this before, and know where to start on debugging that? I haven't seen it on other types of ball-launching yet.

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you guys please check on this? I'm installing brand new plastics and plastic protectors on my restoration at the moment. This post (yellow arrow) seems to want to push the plastic down way too much. I had to stop tightening at about half way fearing the plastic might crack. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Am I doing something wrong? Can anybody do a visual check on this area and let me know? Thanks! [quoted image]

The plastic is on top of hex head, then fixed by hex nut.

20180803_204709 (resized).jpg20180803_204709 (resized).jpgDSC_1785 (resized).JPGDSC_1785 (resized).JPG
#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The plastic is on top of hex head, then fixed by hex nut.[quoted image][quoted image]

No wonder I was having issues! Thanks Davi!

#3280 5 years ago

First batch of panels is/are boxed up and on their way. The skinny box on top is heading to Canada -- bigger packages cost more to ship across the border.

5J5A0660 (resized).JPG5J5A0660 (resized).JPG

I'll send recipients a PM with tracking number and shipping costs.

Second batch will go out next week.

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

First batch of panels is/are boxed up and on their way. The skinny box on top is heading to Canada -- bigger packages cost more to ship across the border.
[quoted image]
I'll send recipients a PM with tracking number and shipping costs.
Second batch will go out next week.

I cant wait !

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I've noticed a problem recently with the Captive-ball multi-ball. Occasionally, it will launch two balls instead of just one extra. Has anyone seen this before, and know where to start on debugging that? I haven't seen it on other types of ball-launching yet.

My guess would be to start with the ball-trough optos. One of the LEDs or sensors might need solder reflowed.

#3283 5 years ago

Testing my Bi-plane propeller mod! Added wheels, painted the propeller to look like real wood, painted the propeller tip chrome and added cable wires between the top and the bottom wings. Making good progress on my restoration!

138927D5-0C06-4CF6-8CD0-FB9D2A192412 (resized).jpeg138927D5-0C06-4CF6-8CD0-FB9D2A192412 (resized).jpeg3D2B8F36-8D16-46A8-9B6C-D9D771332D78 (resized).jpeg3D2B8F36-8D16-46A8-9B6C-D9D771332D78 (resized).jpeg458900F3-C694-4BB5-8B45-ADEC3921A6C8 (resized).jpeg458900F3-C694-4BB5-8B45-ADEC3921A6C8 (resized).jpegF16E917D-D20F-408F-AE0F-F8A515A16C63 (resized).jpegF16E917D-D20F-408F-AE0F-F8A515A16C63 (resized).jpeg
#3284 5 years ago

Awesome Job

#3285 5 years ago

I’ll be making at least one or two more if anyone is interested

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’ll be making at least one or two more if anyone is interested

I’m interested!

#3287 5 years ago

Interested indeed...what about costs? Where did you get the propellor?

#3288 5 years ago

I’ll be back to answer your questions...Driving at the moment

#3289 5 years ago

I'm interested buying one.....Thanks

#3290 5 years ago

Almost home...be back shortly

#3291 5 years ago

Interested as well..

#3292 5 years ago

Ok guys, first of all, I’m also making the fighter plane with spinning propeller. I have 2 right now that I hand painted, added the spinning prop, and also transferred the light board. Both planes were tested using a 9v battery. All you have to do Is solder it to whatever flasher or the insert of your choice. I can also add alligator clips if you don’t like soldering....I can also use a propeller with 2 or 3 wings, your choice. I can add whatever colors you like to your plane. More info coming. Let me gather more pics...Pic shows the prop with 2 wigs (or whatever they are called)

42F7C204-BE0B-47E3-B30D-3D0142712BCD (resized).png42F7C204-BE0B-47E3-B30D-3D0142712BCD (resized).png69308DD9-8141-4098-8BFC-B8CB5944CC79 (resized).jpeg69308DD9-8141-4098-8BFC-B8CB5944CC79 (resized).jpeg997394B5-0E1D-4F90-8C06-7B6F317DDCF3 (resized).jpeg997394B5-0E1D-4F90-8C06-7B6F317DDCF3 (resized).jpegE49D717A-D7F0-4EA7-A62B-03966E0C37EE (resized).pngE49D717A-D7F0-4EA7-A62B-03966E0C37EE (resized).png

#3293 5 years ago

Awesome work. Looking forward to seeing more photos

#3294 5 years ago

Looks great - I’d be interested in one of each, hate the original planes.

#3295 5 years ago

More info coming very shortly....

#3296 5 years ago

I’m interested. Nice job. Waiting for more info...

#3297 5 years ago

Right now I have my own fighter plane done and my own Bi-plane done. I have another fighter plane 98% completed and One Bi-plane almost complete as well.

I have a few more fighter planes on hand that I can mod. I can always get more.

The bi-plane: You can either send me your original Bi-plane or if you desire to keep your original, you can buy a new one and ship it to me or I can buy it depending on our arrangement

These take time to make. For this reason, I will only need a verbal commitment for me to start making them. I trust you guys

Please understand that if you get on the list.I will go by order and please be patient because these take a bit of time to paint and mod. This is why I’m not going to ask for any payment upfront.

Price for Bi-plane will depend on you sending your original or buying a new one. I recommend buying a new one because If you don’t you will be without a plane until I finish making your plane. Decisions decisions....

For the fighter plane: I guess I could mod your original. Your choice, but I really like these other upgraded planes I got thanks to Lior. Your choice. The originals are just plain ugly no matter how you paint them.

I’m willing to make these on just your verbal commitment but please understand the process takes a bit of time. As I said, I got a few fighter planes on hand. Once I run out, I will order more only if I get new orders.

#3298 5 years ago

Glad to answer any questions you might have

#3299 5 years ago

Another Prop ready to go

AAC7C62D-15C9-4AB9-8805-882D5AF47D21 (resized).jpegAAC7C62D-15C9-4AB9-8805-882D5AF47D21 (resized).jpeg
#3300 5 years ago

Where is everyone getting these awesome plane models and parts for kit-bashing these cool plane mods ???
Thanks!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.