IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 234.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

There is something amiss with the Pinsound Plus and the better mix...did the game you were playing have the plus or the older Pinsound board? I’d like to know as I’m keeping track.

Plus.

#3152 5 years ago

I think this is likely the issue. Maybe needs upgraded power supply, I had a similar issue with my DEsW with pinsound and this corrected it.
Haven’t had any issues with the standard pinsound with the IJ files.

#3153 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

every week the same questions regarding stability of PinSound-Board!

It just depends on three problems:

• USB Flash
• Power Supply
• Power Driver

You need a perfect working power driver without defect capacitors, then PinSound-Board could work properly.
If your power driver is old and not working properly you get resets during game play and interrupted PinSound-Board - so external power supply is recommended.
San-Disk Flash is lame and you need another more reliable USB from a better manufacturer!

#3154 5 years ago

Progress:

20180617_180044 (resized).jpg20180617_180044 (resized).jpg20180617_180403 (resized).jpg20180617_180403 (resized).jpg20180617_180609 (resized).jpg20180617_180609 (resized).jpg20180617_181154 (resized).jpg20180617_181154 (resized).jpg
#3155 5 years ago

Very well done!

#3156 5 years ago

Look great! Cant wait to get mine.

#3157 5 years ago

Thanks that’s exactly what I thought when I read the symptoms.

Quoted from Averell:

Hi Guys,
every week the same questions regarding stability of PinSound-Board!
It just depends on three problems:
• USB Flash
• Power Supply
• Power Driver
You need a perfect working power driver without defect capacitors, then PinSound-Board could work properly.
If your power driver is old and not working properly you get resets during game play and interrupted PinSound-Board - so external power supply is recommended.
San-Disk Flash is lame and you need another more reliable USB from a better manufacturer!

Agreed but what Delt was describing has to do with some sort of file compatability with the newer Plus boards..so far every person I have talked to has had a problem with the IJ mix and they own a plus board. Again the problems are what Delt described. I hope someday to discuss a resolution. ...

#3158 5 years ago

Ah ok,
I have no experience with the Plus-Board.
But it's obviously not a problem with the power supply, because that issue should be improved with that hardware revision.
I agree that it could only be a problem with the compatibility.

#3159 5 years ago

I received the new Pinsound PLUS board but haven't installed it yet....I hope I don't have any issues with file compatibility

#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I received the new Pinsound PLUS board but haven't installed it yet....I hope I don't have any issues with file compatibility

I have Pinsound Plus, after a quick test:
No compatibility issue
No delay
No missing sounds/callouts
Sometimes "tick" at the end of callouts
USB 3.0 pendrive
No external power supply

#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have Pinsound Plus, after a quick test:
No compatibility issue
No delay
No missing sounds/callouts
Sometimes "tick" at the end of callouts
USB 3.0 pendrive
No external power supply

The “tick” is a major annoyance, along with callouts not being played in their entirety or cut off...apparently the original board doesn’t have these issues.
In order to allieviate that, one must use the mix on the site that exemplifies the symptoms that Delt was explaining above. No “tick” sounds but missing jackpot callouts etc.
Pick your poison. Someday hope to figure out what is wrong with the Plus board and the “complete” mix. I can’t live with the “tick” noise....

#3162 5 years ago

Is it only this great IJ mix that exhibits this behavior?

If one had an original PS in another machine, could they put a new Plus in that other machine and move the original into their IJ to workaround this issue?

Are there reports of this behavior on other machine/mixes?

#3163 5 years ago

Who is Ollie and what mix is this? Which is the "better" mix you guys are talking about?

#3164 5 years ago

The problems are being worked on. Seems like there have been problems with some files the original Pinsound board didn't care for but the plus version does. Since I don't have a Pinsound plus I can't reproduce any of the mentioned problems.

Also the amount of files has never been a problem on my Pinsound board.

Please stay tuned for an update. Pinsound are really busy.

#3165 5 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

The problems are being worked on. Seems like there have been problems with some files the original Pinsound board didn't care for but the plus version does. Since I don't have a Pinsound plus I can't reproduce any of the mentioned problems.
Also the amount of files has never been a problem on my Pinsound board.
Please stay tuned for an update. Pinsound are really busy.

Thank you for the update!

#3166 5 years ago

anyone install the lost plastic decal?

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/indiana-jones/indiana-jones.htm

Is it possible without removing the ramps, bridge etc?

#3167 5 years ago

delt31 I have the lost plastic on mine, didn’t actually k ow they made a decal. Anyway yes you will need to remove the back ramp to the the POA, and the captive ball I believe

#3168 5 years ago

anyone know where you can get this snake but in the US? Goes on the left ramp by flasher....

https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/indiana-jones-1993/cobra-snake-mod-for-indiana-jones/

#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone know where you can get this snake but in the US? Goes on the left ramp by flasher....
https://www.pinball.co.uk/product/indiana-jones-1993/cobra-snake-mod-for-indiana-jones/

Just order it if you want it.
Phil will have it to you in a few days. They are a good group.

#3170 5 years ago

I can confirm that with the pinsound plus and usb 3.0 san disk ultra fit drive, everything works well except no jackpot. This is based off of not the original mix (which still gives me tick sounds) but another (which is prob the one hosted on the website). I wonder why everything works perfect except jackpot. If anyone has a way for me to troubleshoot I will gladly do on the pinsound plus board.

No other issues so 99% there - just need that jackpot effect.

#3171 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone install the lost plastic decal?

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/indiana-jones/indiana-jones.htm

Is it possible without removing the ramps, bridge etc?

I've installed it. It's possible to do without removing the POA Motor, but everything else back there has to come off. See picture. Remove the items circled in orange

EDIT: If it's the Treasure Cove decal, (that's the exact one I installed) you will have to trim away the areas around the wire-form and POA motor. Some measuring and exacto cutting is required before putting it on, so the less crap in the way the better!!

Lost plastic-DECAL (resized).JPGLost plastic-DECAL (resized).JPG

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm that with the pinsound plus and usb 3.0 san disk ultra fit drive, everything works well except no jackpot. This is based off of not the original mix (which still gives me tick sounds) but another (which is prob the one hosted on the website). I wonder why everything works perfect except jackpot. If anyone has a way for me to troubleshoot I will gladly do on the pinsound plus board.

Have you tried the Endproduck one?

#3173 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Have you tried the Endproduck one?

I bought it directly form him and that is the one that ticks. I've let him know too. The one I am using now seems to be a derivative from his mix - not sure who made it but there is no ticking - in fact no issues at all EXCEPT there is no jackpot callout. I checked the mix and there is a jackpot section. Any suggestions on getting that to work?

#3174 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I bought it directly form him and that is the one that ticks. I've let him know too. The one I am using now seems to be a derivative from his mix - not sure who made it but there is no ticking - in fact no issues at all EXCEPT there is no jackpot callout. I checked the mix and there is a jackpot section. Any suggestions on getting that to work?

Oh I see...Where did you get the mix that works 99% from? What's the name of it? Thanks!

As far as suggestions...I believe he mentioned that Pinsound is working on it.

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh I see...Where did you get the mix that works 99% from? What's the name of it? Thanks!
As far as suggestions...I believe he mentioned that Pinsound is working on it.

Not sure it was already on the machine.

#3176 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure it was already on the machine.

Oh so you bought the machine with this already installed....gotcha

If you ever find out the name of the mix please let us know. Thanks!

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This confirms that my issues are happening to others. Thanks for confirming this.
On the mix you have you will notice the folder numbers are all different too...I tried messing with those and nothing worked. Delt, do you have the sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode? Check it out that one is missing too form that website mix.
Ollie’s mix works but ticks like crazy...he is aware of it and so is Nicholas at Pinsound. I have been anxiously awaiting the solution to this. I know they are busy there so I haven’t been emailing them. Everyday I hope to get on the message board and see a resolution....

#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

This confirms that my issues are happening to others. Thanks for confirming this.
On the mix you have you will notice the folder numbers are all different too...I tried messing with those and nothing worked. Delt, do you have the sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode? Check it out that one is missing too form that website mix.
Ollie’s mix works but ticks like crazy...he is aware of it and so is Nicholas at Pinsound. I have been anxiously awaiting the solution to this. I know they are busy there so I haven’t been emailing them. Everyday I hope to get on the message board and see a resolution....

When do you hear the ticking, At boot up or during the game?

#3179 5 years ago

During the game.

#3180 5 years ago

yeah it's during the game.

I'm sure that sound doesn't play either but the ticks are worse. In fact that mix is perfect (no delays or missing sounds with new usb) except for those two missing.

I checked the folder structure and yes they are diff than ollie's mix - I've tried to mix and match but no luck. If anyone knows how to get that website mix to play jackpot, lmk

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah it's during the game.
I'm sure that sound doesn't play either but the ticks are worse. In fact that mix is perfect (no delays or missing sounds with new usb) except for those two missing.
I checked the folder structure and yes they are diff than ollie's mix - I've tried to mix and match but no luck. If anyone knows how to get that website mix to play jackpot, lmk

Thanks for confirming Delt. If anyone finds a solution please let me know. Delt is having same exact issues as I am. The problem is with the Pinsound Plus board. I hope they find a solution soon. Patiently waiting....

#3182 5 years ago

So you think the mix that works well except for those two sounds works perfect on the original pinsound board?

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you think the mix that works well except for those two sounds works perfect on the original pinsound board?

I have the original pinsound board and have not experienced any of these issues.

#3184 5 years ago

that is ridic. I never even thought a "plus" board was necessary and the top mix doesn't even work perfectly on it. Sweet. I'll be contacting them too. thanks

#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have the original pinsound board and have not experienced any of these issues.

That’s the issue. Nobody using the old boards has a problem. I have contacted several people including Ollie at first. Nobody had a clue what was going in. Now that there are more and more cases with the Plus, maybe a solution will happen sooner than later.

Quoted from delt31:

The mix works well because there is no ticking. I was told it is missing a few callouts from the “better” one and it’s compressed vs. uncompressed. My ears can’t hear the difference anything is going to sound better. I haven’t been hounding Pinsound guys because that mix is working 95% and it’s betrer than nothing but I still would like to figure out why it’s happening and begin to use the mix I donated for..

I think you should contact them. The more people that do the better so they know it’s not just one incident. I was one of the first who had a Plus board and at that time it was dismissed as user error. I pleaded my case and through asking memebers about they type of board and mix they had, it was narrowed down to the Plus board. I don’t understand why it would be different but that’s the answer we are all waiting for.

1 week later
#3186 5 years ago

GREAT NEWS for pinsound plus owners.....I've been working with the pinsound guys and they just alerted me of a new FW update that is live now. I just tried it and the awesome pinsound mix works great without the clicks or missing sounds. FYI

Link for new FW:

https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

GREAT NEWS for pinsound plus owners.....I've been working with the pinsound guys and they just alerted me of a new FW update that is live now. I just tried it and the awesome pinsound mix works great without the clicks or missing sounds. FYI
Link for new FW:

Great news!!!! So all the issues have been resolved?

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great news!!!! So all the issues have been resolved?

based on my limited play thus far no issues.....clipping / ticking is gone from what I've played and it was almost have few min

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

based on my limited play thus far no issues.....clipping / ticking is gone from what I've played and it was almost have few min

What about this issue described above by Guzz? "sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode?"

What about the No Jackpot sound issue?

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What about this issue described above by Guzz? "sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode?"
What about the No Jackpot sound issue?

the lack of sounds was related to the other mix that didn't have the ticking. We both were using that version b/c of it and a consequence of that version were missing sounds. With the new FW I am able to use the original mix I bought from the author which never had missing sounds just horrendously annoying ticking on pinsound plus boards. For me those ticks are gone - no missing sounds that I'm aware of (I even tried jackpout again) b/c I'm using the original mix.

#3191 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the lack of sounds was related to the other mix that didn't have the ticking. We both were using that version b/c of it and a consequence of that version were missing sounds. With the new FW I am able to use the original mix I bought from the author which never had missing sounds just horrendously annoying ticking on pinsound plus boards. For me those ticks are gone - no missing sounds that I'm aware of (I even tried jackpout again) b/c I'm using the original mix.

Did you try Endproduk mix (Ollie's)?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm almost done with my restoration and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks!

All these different mixes have me a bit confused...

#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you try Endproduk mix (Ollie's)?
Sorry about all the questions, but I'm almost done with my restoration and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks!
All these different mixes have me a bit confused...

Endproduk mix (Ollie's)

That is the mix I'm talking about. That is the one I bought from him. FYI. That now works on pinsound plus without ticking with new fw.

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Endproduk mix (Ollie's)
That is the mix I'm talking about. That is the one I bought from him. FYI. That now works on pinsound plus without ticking with new fw.

Good to hear that! You should also try the other mix, the one with the missing sounds to see if that mix got fixed as well

#3194 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Link for new FW:

I have been working too with Pinsound guys, and they did a great job about clicks/pops. The 3rd version was OK.
The board can't unpack the full zip package (at least on my board): I had to copy zip file content manually. As this is one time job, not an issue for me.

#3195 5 years ago

Can you please explain? How did you do this manually?

The board can't unpack the full zip package (at least on my board): I had to copy zip file content manually. As this is one time job, not an issue for me.

#3196 5 years ago

Hello IJ club members I'm going to look at buying a IJ

Can some people offer me some areas I need to check out before buying?
I know these pins show insert wear.

Thanks

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you please explain? How did you do this manually?

Copy the content of zip file (not the zip file itself) into USB drive using PC. Normally the board is able to unpack the zip file, in this case it can't.

#3198 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Copy the content of zip file (not the zip file itself) into USB drive using PC. Normally the board is able to unpack the zip file, in this case it can't.

Thank you for that information Davi! I'll give that a try if I encounter the same issue.

#3199 5 years ago

I traveled an hour to go visit the IJ. The pin traveled to Germany and was shipped back to the US. The owner has owned it for 12 years. The cabinet has faded. The coin door is not USA. There was a lock down bar that was removed at some point. There is s 1inch hole that was cut on the left side of the cabinet. The playfield is in great shape. I only found on insert that has an issue. It has a power supply issue because when you start a game and use the flippers it shuts down. Does anyone make any side art decals? Anyone know someone that could build a new cabinet for it?

Thanks

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Link for new FW:

Yes I too was one of the beta testers. It worked for me, no more ticking.
I don't have the swordsman gun shot sound....but have all the jackpots. I'm not worried about it anymore, sounds pretty damn clear and loud. I'm using the better version now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/64?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.