IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 235.
#3001 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Can anyone tell me what hitting the 'Special' in the outlanes awards you? I understand that it is lit after 6 hits on the captive ball during the Quick 2 Ball Multiball.

It awards you a Special

#3002 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Yea, I played with a lot of legos as a kid.
And I did go see the movie as an adult.

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Can anyone tell me what hitting the 'Special' in the outlanes awards you? I understand that it is lit after 6 hits on the captive ball during the Quick 2 Ball Multiball.

You have to have the game on quarters. I just open coin door and have game set to 25 credits. Now you have to have knocker turned on. You get animation Special and knocker goes off.
You just Won a Free Game!

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have to have the game on quarters. I just open coin door and have game set to 25 credits. Now you have to have knocker turned on. You get animation Special and knocker goes off.
You just Won a Free Game!

thats underwhelming

#3005 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

You decide- either extra ball, points, credit, or ticket

-Standard adjustments menu
-Special award

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

thats underwhelming

What did you expect? This is how literally every single DMD game works

#3007 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Add me to the list please!
If it's not too late...

I recently picked up a jackpot panel with the cutouts -- not because I'm impatient (well, maybe a little) but because the opportunity presented. I still plan on buying Davi 's offering -- he has gone thru the trouble of sourcing them and I said I would buy one in the beginning -- when it arrives I will be happy to pass it on to the next person that needs/wants one.

#3008 6 years ago

Alright had sometime to look at my IJ this week and I am still trying to figure out this diverter issue I am having. Everything is hooked up correctly but in test mode when the diverter is activated it works but doesn’t go back and the coil stays charged on. Any thoughts? The last coil burned up and I replace it with a new one..

#3009 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright had sometime to look at my IJ this week and I am still trying to figure out this diverter issue I am having. Everything is hooked up correctly but in test mode when the diverter is activated it works but doesn’t go back and the coil stays charged on. Any thoughts? The last coil burned up and I replace it with a new one..

I recommend trying to determine if the problem you're having is mechanical or electrical. A good way to do this is to go into test mode like you are, and test it.. when it's stuck on.. flip the game off. If the diverter stays stuck open, likely you have a mechanical issue. If it's immediately closes, the issue is likely electrical.

#3010 6 years ago

Yeah I did that so I am thinking it electrical. In test mode when it fires it will close the diverter but not let go. Maybe a transistor?

#3011 6 years ago

I just raised my drop targets a bit to be flush with a pf protector and encountered a new problem: The drop target lift assembly (coil plunger with three prongs to lift the drops) will sometimes allow a drop to slip from its little lift tab, thus jamming up all three. The the three pronged lift thingy is pretty loose in its track, but that seems to be as designed as the coil is bracketed tightly. The plunger just kind of hangs loosely. Anyone else encounter this or have a fix? I lowered the drops again in hopes of a cure (it’s on location, I can’t check it at will).

#3012 6 years ago

So I think I finally found a solution (on my Indy) for the mode hole after trying a number of options. I previously had drop dead foam installed and removed the deflector all together. Problem with this, is you lose the satisfying and intentional sound the ball makes when it connects. So I decided to remove it all and tweak until it was good enough.

First I shimmed the saucer with some fairly thick washers. Next I slotted the ball decrkext and bent it until I could get the balm in about 90% of the time. I’m Happy with it

#3013 6 years ago

That’s funny because I find the rattly thud on mine super satisfying. (I have the plate out and the foam in)

#3014 6 years ago

I recounted my stop bracket as far back as possible. As suggested by Ch. High end restore video I haven't played enough yet to decide if it's good.
On another note does anyone know where I can get some instruction and price cards for the apron? Thanks

20180407_135830 (resized).jpg20180407_135830 (resized).jpg

#3016 6 years ago

Hello. Rebuilding some mechs on Wms IJ. The coil in the triple bank target has a lot of side to side play in it. The single does not. On the single... the coil mount (with hole in it) has a tab on the back side that prevents side to side play of coil. The mount on 3 bank does not. Per the manual My current set up is correct. Can anyone verify if that coil should have a lot of movement or if its a manual typo. Wondering if there should have been a tabbed bracket there as well or if something is amiss.
Thanks

#3017 6 years ago

For my 3 bank issue, and the side-to-Side play query, I discovered I had put in the wrong coil sleeve — it should hang like 1/4 inch past the coil bracket. I had put in a shorter sleeve as I thought the one in there was wrong. The longer sleeve makes for less play in the 3 bank plunger.

#3018 6 years ago

Use rubbers to uncouple the circuit from the mechanic and adjust with washers for a smooth movement.
And use no lubricant!

1 (resized).PNG1 (resized).PNG

2 (resized).PNG2 (resized).PNG

#3019 6 years ago

Finally got around to cutting the DMD panel for the jackpot lights. Cut to the exact shape with a coping saw. No half measures! I also blocked between them with foam to prevent light bleed from the bright LEDs. Beautiful result!

20180303_203818 (resized).jpg20180303_203818 (resized).jpg

Here it is in action:

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello,
I have 3 upgraded raw panel (ready to cut jackpot shapes), and 9 request:
Psw757 - original
TractorDoc - upgraded
MikeHogue - upgraded
Tonycip - upgraded
Konajack - upgraded
Ericpinballfan - upgraded
ck1sport - upgraded
Rdoyle1978 - upgraded
Konajack - upgraded
I have to receive 6 more panels. The supply is very slow, this is not his main profile... Once I have a confirmation about estimated time of arrival, I will contact all of you about a small deposit.
I hope you guys can wait, it makes sense to do it at once and send as one package.

Add me please

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Finally got around to cutting the DMD panel for the jackpot lights. Cut to the exact shape with a coping saw. No half measures! I also blocked between them with foam to prevent light bleed from the bright LEDs. Beautiful result!

Here it is in action:
» YouTube video

Well done! That looks GREAT!

#3022 6 years ago

take me off the list, I cut my own also .

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Here it is in action:
» YouTube video

That's exactly what I want on both my games.

#3024 6 years ago

Complete cut off from the ARK is not good, you will get interference light effects because there's no border to the bottom now!
That also depends on the condition of the speaker plastic, often the colors don't cover the shape of the ARK.
Better cut off like this way next time!!!

Unbenannt (resized).PNGUnbenannt (resized).PNG

#3025 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Complete cut off from the ARK is not good, you will get interference light effects because there's no border to the bottom now!
That also depends on the condition of the speaker plastic, often the colors don't cover the shape of the ARK.

I think he said he used foam to cover the gap

#3026 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I recently picked up a jackpot panel with the cutouts -- not because I'm impatient (well, maybe a little) but because the opportunity presented. I still plan on buying Davi 's offering -- he has gone thru the trouble of sourcing them and I said I would buy one in the beginning -- when it arrives I will be happy to pass it on to the next person that needs/wants one.

Wow, a real gentleman! Very rare, thank you!
You and tonycip left, however we have 2 more new requests, so I won't be in trouble.
Thanks again!

#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello,
I have 3 upgraded raw panel (ready to cut jackpot shapes), and 9 request:
Psw757 - original
TractorDoc - upgraded
MikeHogue - upgraded
Tonycip - upgraded
Konajack - upgraded
Ericpinballfan - upgraded
ck1sport - upgraded
Rdoyle1978 - upgraded
Konajack - upgraded
I have to receive 6 more panels. The supply is very slow, this is not his main profile... Once I have a confirmation about estimated time of arrival, I will contact all of you about a small deposit.
I hope you guys can wait, it makes sense to do it at once and send as one package.

Quick update: within 3 weeks I will receive more raw panels. Just sent PM's about deposit.

#3028 6 years ago

Finally fixed IJ.

For quite awhile I have been perplexed with my Indy - very intermittent idol, mode hole, and lots of scoring for the left ramp when playing, even though the ball was not anywhere near. I would also get two balls launched at the same time. It became so bad that it was no longer fun to play - the fill line for the idol would back up, and the machine would never clear it.

After chasing my tale, I noticed that all of the issues could be traced to one row, but the weird part was that half of the row switches were working. During troubleshooting, I could tap on the playfield on the left side near the mode hole and get one switch edge to change (Usually trough 6, sometimes left ramp enter.) I figured that I had a bad connection on the mother board, so I changed all the IDT connectors to crimped. No change.

Today, I could not get any intermittent, and had lost trough 6 indication altogether. With the hood up, I decided to test each switch in the row. After testing two or three, I got to the single drop target switch. When I touched it, all of my problem switches went nuts - on, off, on, off.

What I found was a loose wire/cold solder joint on the banded end of the diode to the drop target switch. Wiggling that wire would repeat the same symtoms. Soldered that back together, and now Indy has joined the list of working machines again.

So, if you are having intermittent problems with a row, check all your wiring to the physical switches. It's possible you have the same problem I have.

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Isn't that part covered by the U-channel that holds the speaker panel in place? Why would there be any light bleed?

#3030 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Here it is in action:
» YouTube video

What do you mean "Blocked between them with foam"? Can you post a pic? Thanks!

#3031 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you mean "Blocked between them with foam"? Can you post a pic? Thanks!

He means in between the cutouts on the back of the board he put a piece of foam, which makes it hard for any light to bleed between, when say the Stones are lit but the Ark is not, the Ark won’t have any weird light bleeding in

#3032 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Wow, a real gentleman! Very rare, thank you!
You and tonycip left, however we have 2 more new requests, so I won't be in trouble.
Thanks again!

That's why I gave you the heads up so you can pass mine to someone else.

#3033 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

That's why I gave you the heads up so you can pass mine to someone else.

No problem

#3034 6 years ago

Spring cleaning, I found that I had a couple of IJ trans still here. I'm happy to sell them if anyone wants them. Price includes shipping in the good ol' US of A...

- Original, has a small scratch on Indy's right cheek - $150
- Repro, very nice condition - $125

2e3ab404bb64accbe8bcc4e71787c281220418aa.jpg2e3ab404bb64accbe8bcc4e71787c281220418aa.jpg

94444f1134d3ba51ae792fb93df01ed7ea0a1bcd.jpg94444f1134d3ba51ae792fb93df01ed7ea0a1bcd.jpg

#3035 6 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Spring cleaning, I found that I had a couple of IJ trans still here. I'm happy to sell them if anyone wants them. Price includes shipping in the good ol' US of A...
- Original, has a small scratch on Indy's right cheek - $150
- Repro, very nice condition - $125

Can you post a pic of the scratch please? Thanks

#3036 6 years ago

Please identify this wire wrapped around the post on the idol.

It's solid Gray, and disconnected at both ends. The game goes into ball search mode when multiball starts.

I've found a problem with the receiver opto pictured below, and can't figure it out. I've switched it out twice and it still doesn't work. I've moved the transmitter to a different receiver and can see on the switch matrix that the transmitter works, but can't get the receiver to register on the matrix.

Thanks for any input.

IMG_3375 (resized).JPGIMG_3375 (resized).JPG

IMG_3377 (resized).JPGIMG_3377 (resized).JPG

#3037 6 years ago

This is a picture of the opto receiver that I can't get to work....

IJ Opto (resized).JPGIJ Opto (resized).JPG

IMG_3378 (resized).JPGIMG_3378 (resized).JPG

#3038 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you post a pic of the scratch please? Thanks

Yep here you go.

400B4CBB-9A23-454D-A307-8C2DAEB90620 (resized).jpeg400B4CBB-9A23-454D-A307-8C2DAEB90620 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3039 6 years ago

So I can happily confirm that Indy is back and working in Disneyland! Not up to snuff (poa diverter wasn’t working) and a little slanted to the right, but still great fun.

I got the gc score after a few tries which was tricky as it leans to the right and poa was not an option (where I usually get a lot of jackpots and extra balls). Lots of pressure as there were kids waiting behind me and it was our last day in the park until Star Wars land opens in 2019. And the last few times we went, it was out for repairs.

The fam went to small world (we’ve all been like 10 times in the last year) and shopping, so I got a little mini-vacation and checked something off my bucket list.

I’m sure that score won’t hold up for long, but it was a rush. Literal cheering from onlookers.

#3040 6 years ago

Better pic

CA26ACFA-0362-4E94-AAA7-A63B6F83273C (resized).jpegCA26ACFA-0362-4E94-AAA7-A63B6F83273C (resized).jpeg

#3041 6 years ago

Look ma! A jackpot board with an LCD color DMD!! Thanks to Galactimus love it!

B1575870-1462-45AB-8A0E-B82F5522FE4A (resized).jpegB1575870-1462-45AB-8A0E-B82F5522FE4A (resized).jpeg

#3042 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new to Pinside and pinball in general and I thought I would start contributing to this forum instead of mooching off everyone else. I recently had some ball trough problems on my IJ. The balls were sticking in the ball trough ramp and I had to shake the machine to get them to advance forward. This also caused the optos to malfunction and launch balls randomly. Additionally, when the trough would shoot a ball into the launch lane, it would bounce back into the trough and repeat the cycle.

There were several reasons for this. First (as you can see in the picture below), indentations formed in the trough ramp where the balls rested over the years. This caused the balls to sit in the indentations and not roll forward. Second, I have raised my playfield to 6.7-6.8 to speed up the ball action because it was painfully slow. This incline caused the balls to rest more solidly in the indentations and also rest on the opto holes on the side of the ramp.
67D2E413-EEA4-4C63-9754-35294D77C8F6 (resized).jpeg67D2E413-EEA4-4C63-9754-35294D77C8F6 (resized).jpeg

I fixed all this by filing down the edges of the ramp smooth as well as the edges of the opto holes. I also placed a piece of drop dead foam on the roof of the trough to slow the ball down as it gets popped into the launch lane. Everything works great now.
F44D3B44-647D-49C6-8749-3E7A6BC20A8D (resized).jpegF44D3B44-647D-49C6-8749-3E7A6BC20A8D (resized).jpeg
4D637EDC-63C9-4B53-A748-4B3A30EAE276 (resized).jpeg4D637EDC-63C9-4B53-A748-4B3A30EAE276 (resized).jpeg
5ECDB044-5C2D-4667-BF16-235DE023DFAF (resized).jpeg5ECDB044-5C2D-4667-BF16-235DE023DFAF (resized).jpeg

I had trouble finding very much info on this so I thought I'd post it here if anyone else was having this problem.

#3043 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I can happily confirm that Indy is back and working in Disneyland! Not up to snuff (poa diverter wasn’t working) and a little slanted to the right, but still great fun.
I got the gc score after a few tries which was tricky as it leans to the right and poa was not an option (where I usually get a lot of jackpots and extra balls). Lots of pressure as there were kids waiting behind me and it was our last day in the park until Star Wars land opens in 2019. And the last few times we went, it was out for repairs.
The fam went to small world (we’ve all been like 10 times in the last year) and shopping, so I got a little mini-vacation and checked something off my bucket list.
I’m sure that score won’t hold up for long, but it was a rush. Literal cheering from onlookers.

Great news, thanks for sharing! Never quite understood why they can't seem to keep that thing serviced and working 100%.

#3044 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Great news, thanks for sharing! Never quite understood why they can't seem to keep that thing serviced and working 100%.

There's a plastic insert for the ball trough that works pretty good also

#3045 5 years ago

Finally got my game 100% working now. I found out that it was a transistor problem with the ball diverter on my IJ that was causing the diverter to stay closed when activated. The transistor is located on the small circuit board in the upper left had corner of the game. Thanks for all the pictures and help! Man I love this game..

#3046 5 years ago

Would love to join club. Drive to CP Pinball from St Louis is an hour for me. Any leads on a nice machine in the 5k to 6k price range?

#3047 5 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Would love to join club. Drive to CP Pinball from St Louis is an hour for me. Any leads on a nice machine in the 5k to 6k price range?

Unfortunately nice ones haven't been in that range for quite some time.

#3048 5 years ago

I’d agree with jake35 I about fell over when I handed 8k over for mine. BUT it’s my favorite game just an amazing pin!

#3049 5 years ago

Yup, mine was even more than that and I'm ok with it. It's the king of my small collection and I love it. I've always been a huge IJ fan since I was a kid.

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Finally got my game 100% working now. I found out that it was a transistor problem with the ball diverter on my IJ that was causing the diverter to stay closed when activated. The transistor is located on the small circuit board in the upper left had corner of the game. Thanks for all the pictures and help! Man I love this game..

Can you share a pic please? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

14,000 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/61?hl=fremen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.