IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 235.
#2752 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks just read most of that page. Good stuff.

Good oldschool article.
You can read more:
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album06/Pinball/pinball.htm

#2753 6 years ago

If you want to illuminate the whole plastic, you need this BackPlex.
No more available and very very hard to find... I think there are only 10 Boards in the market.

DSCN3770 (resized).JPGDSCN3770 (resized).JPG

DSCN4424 (resized).JPGDSCN4424 (resized).JPG

DSCN4423 (resized).JPGDSCN4423 (resized).JPG

DSCN4425 (resized).JPGDSCN4425 (resized).JPG

DSCN4421 (resized).JPGDSCN4421 (resized).JPG

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you want to illuminate the whole plastic, you need this BackPlex.
No more available and very very hard to find... I think there are only 10 Boards in the market.

Right, this is the ultimate method. I would like to produce this board, as a full backboard to replace wooden panel.
Why do you have small PCB in this case?

#2755 6 years ago

What do you mean with small PCB?

#2756 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

What do you mean with small PCB?

4th picture.

#2757 6 years ago

Ah I understand.
I wanted to have it as original like the Protopanel with the Lost Plastic.
I don't like cathode light or cold Illumination, so I decided to use three bright LED as GI and the LED-Board for the Illumination in the Lost Plastic area.
You can see the effect in the 5th picture with the three spots.
It's a bad picture but it's not so easy to take a better one.
Actually it's a harmonic Illumination without hard edges or lost spots... it looks really nice.

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

#2758 6 years ago

can anyone confirm that when you have both the jackpot and loop jackpot lit, and you hit it, that you are awarded both?

#2759 6 years ago

Does anyone know of any vendors that sell the modified speaker panel needed for the jackpot light mod?

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does anyone know of any vendors that sell the modified speaker panel needed for the jackpot light mod?

Contact Davi

#2761 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sold out everywhere.
Do you have skills and wood router to modify the panel? If the answer is yes, all you need is:
Wood router with small bit
Template about jackpot objects
C clamps
Safety glass
Courage

20171021_164325 (resized).jpg20171021_164325 (resized).jpg

20171021_172406 (resized).jpg20171021_172406 (resized).jpg

20171023_173413 (resized).jpg20171023_173413 (resized).jpg

#2762 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Sold out everywhere.
Do you have skills and wood router to modify the panel? If the answer is yes, all you need is:
Wood router with small bit
Template about jackpot objects
C clamps
Safety glass
Courage

Thanks for the info... bummer on them being sold out, would think with these light boards being readily available that somebody would have them.

Yes - I have some router skills but probably something I don't feel Like taking the risk on hacking it up! Lol

#2763 6 years ago

IDOL OPTO HELP PLEASE-

Aloha, I run a Brewpub on the Island of Kauai. I have the only (public) pinball machines on island and there's no technicians on island, so I try to do all the maintenance myself, rather than flying someone in.

Game is going into ball search mode when it starts Multiball. Looks like I have an opto receiver under the idol that isn't working. I replaced it about a year ago and it worked till recently. I replaced it with a new opto and it didn't work, tried with another new opto (in case my soldering job wasn't that great), and still didn't work.

I checked the opposite opto transmitter with another receiver from the subway and it showed up on the switch matrix, so I know the transmitter is good and it's the receiver that is not.

I'm attaching 4 photos. One of the switch matrix. In the center column of the matrix, you can see towards the bottom there's a missing light... I'm guessing that' the opto that's not registering- but I'm not sure.... looks like the matrix calls it 'Top Post'

2 pictures of the opto- one close up with the Orange/ Brown wire and Gray/ Yellow wire.

I traced those wires to the board in the other picture, (Opto PCB Assembly Board- for Idol) and reseated all the connections on the way there. The game came with a spare board. Both look brand new. I swithed the board and no dice.

Any input would be appreciated.... I'll buy you a beer if you make it to Kauai.

Thank You

IJ Switch matrix (resized).JPGIJ Switch matrix (resized).JPG

IJ board (resized).JPGIJ board (resized).JPG

IJ Idol (resized).JPGIJ Idol (resized).JPG

IJ Opto (resized).JPGIJ Opto (resized).JPG

#2764 6 years ago

I had a similar issue. . . on mine the rollover switch on the ramp that drops from the idol had a cracked solder joint and was not registering when a ball rolled by. The game would continue to try and drop a ball when one had already rolled down. Just a thought if the balls are being loaded into the idol correctly but not leaving as they should.

#2765 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply TractorDoc- I actually had the same problem- broken diod on that switch. I fixed it, but still have the issue listed above

#2766 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the info... bummer on them being sold out, would think with these light boards being readily available that somebody would have them.
Yes - I have some router skills but probably something I don't feel Like taking the risk on hacking it up! Lol

Well, if it helps, I can create for you, no problem. Have to produce speaker panel (preferred with 2 big speaker holes), then modify it. However shipping is a killer ($55), due to length of package (over 24 inch). Makes sense to send few to USA, then you can manage domestic shipping for few $/each. Does it makes sense?

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Well, if it helps, I can create for you, no problem. Have to produce speaker panel (preferred with 2 big speaker holes), then modify it. However shipping is a killer ($55), due to length of package (over 24 inch). Makes sense to send few to USA, then you can manage domestic shipping for few $/each. Does it makes sense?

I'd be in for one. That makes two shipped to the US.

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'd be in for one. That makes two shipped to the US.

Noted. For stock speakers (left big hole, right small hole), or upgraded version (post 2761)?

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Noted. For stock speakers (left big hole, right small hole), or upgraded version (post 2761)?

The upgraded would be for after market speakers correct?

So we need one more buyer since you would be shipping 3 correct?

#2770 6 years ago

The upgraded one is compatible with big speakers - without mounting adapter.
The original design is compatible with stock speakers, or with big speakers with mounting adapter at right side.
No minimum order quantity, I can send 1 or 2, no need to wait until 3 or 4. The point is, shipping cost is same for 1 or 2 or 3.
Just talked to carpenter: he is overloaded like hell, and the leadtime is 3 months. Go or no go (same question to MikeHogue)?

#2771 6 years ago

Id put my hat in the ring for one as well. . . not sure at what point weight becomes a factor but if doable count me in.

#2772 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The original design is compatible with stock speakers, or with big speakers with mounting adapter at right side.
No minimum order quantity, I can send 1 or 2, no need to wait until 3 or 4. The point is, shipping cost is same for 1 or 2 or 3.
Just talked to carpenter: he is overloaded like hell, and the leadtime is 3 months. Go or no go (same question to MikeHogue)?

Yes. No hurry. I'm in for the upgrade for the big speakers. I can PayPal anytime.

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I'm in as well!

#2774 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm in as well!

Me too before the box gets to heavy : )

#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Me too before the box gets to heavy : )

If theres room for one more count me in please!

#2776 6 years ago

I would be in for a upgraded one

#2777 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

We are at 6 pcs.
Before I start...
I can ship half dozen panels, however we need a reliable volunteer, who is willing to manage domestic shipments - and in worst case packaging (or I can put ready to go individual packs into one big box, this means a bit higher shipment cost).

#2778 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

We are at 6 pcs.
Before I start...
I can ship half dozen panels, however we need a reliable volunteer, who is willing to manage domestic shipments - and in worst case packaging (or I can put ready to go individual packs into one big box, this means a bit higher shipment cost).

This is a great panel!

#2779 6 years ago

Id have no problem offering to help -- I have a business shipping address (veterinary clinic) and we usually have a number of extra boxes/shipping material that can be used for repurposing. . . Not sure how payment arrangements need to be handled but Id obviously prefer not to pay everyone's shipping in the end. If we are not talking extreme costs Id be willing to front the price of the six panels/shipping and then would just ask to be paid back once they were available on the domestic side.

I realize that I am not the original poster/requester on the speaker panel and do not want to step on his/her toes if this is something they would prefer to handle. Just offering an option to help the idea become a reality.

#2780 6 years ago

I've got everything on my game up and running again. Added a power source to power the color DMD and now I can run my topper, my color DMD and my Pinsound board all at once without blowing any fuses.

IJ was already my favorite game but Pinsound with the IJ Re orchestration has made this game over the top amazing. Thanks to everyone who helped me get things sorted out on my game. What a great hobby.

QSS

20180120_162748 (resized).jpg20180120_162748 (resized).jpg

#2781 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Id be willing to front the price of the six panels/shipping and then would just ask to be paid back once they were available on the domestic side.

That's sounds good to me. This way I only have to send money to one person.

#2782 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I've got everything on my game up and running again. Added a power source to power the color DMD and now I can run my topper, my color DMD and my Pinsound board all at once without blowing any fuses.
IJ was already my favorite game but Pinsound with the IJ Re orchestration has made this game over the top amazing. Thanks to everyone who helped me get things sorted out on my game. What a great hobby.
QSS

That topper looks incredible! Now I want one

#2783 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That topper looks incredible! Now I want one

That topper is really excellent. My picture sucks but the topper is one of the better one's I have.

QSS

#2784 6 years ago

That topper is really excellent. My picture sucks but the topper is one of the better one's I have.
QSS

Is that topper available for sale or did you make it custom?

#2785 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Is that topper available for sale or did you make it custom?

It's from Tilt Toppers. It's really good. Here ya go:
http://www.tilttopper.com/indiana-jones.html

QSS

#2787 6 years ago

It's from Tilt Toppers. It's really good. Here ya go:
http://www.tilttopper.com/indiana-jones.html
QSS

Thank you. I can’t believe I hadn’t seen that before. And the price is WAY more reasonable than the overpriced Stern toppers (like the $500 Ghostbusters one that doesn’t do much)
Obviously it’s working on your Williams IJ. On their website it shows it’s made for the Stern IJ. How are you controlling the features/lighting? What is it connected to for control? Or is it always on?
Thanks again

#2788 6 years ago

Hey guys. Not trying to open up another debate on decal companies here. I really need some good quality decals for a reasonable price. I can’t find them available on any site other than ministryofpinball ($600? NOPE)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#2789 6 years ago

A nice topper, but Crystal Skull is deplaced for the WMS Indy.
I really hate the last part and I also refuse any symbol of that in my Indy.

#2790 6 years ago

Hey guys. Not trying to open up another debate on decal companies here. I really need some good quality decals for a reasonable price. I can’t find them available on any site other than ministryofpinball ($600? NOPE)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Retrorefurbs is your only option

#2791 6 years ago

This is one that I made still looking for stuff to replace what is there it's a work in progress

DSC04003 (resized).JPGDSC04003 (resized).JPG

DSC04004 (resized).JPGDSC04004 (resized).JPG

#2792 6 years ago

Thank you. I can’t believe I hadn’t seen that before. And the price is WAY more reasonable than the overpriced Stern toppers (like the $500 Ghostbusters one that doesn’t do much)
Obviously it’s working on your Williams IJ. On their website it shows it’s made for the Stern IJ. How are you controlling the features/lighting? What is it connected to for control? Or is it always on?
Thanks again

When I bought mine from Tilt Toppers I remember that I was asked if I had Williams IJ or Stern IJ. They had to send you the correct harness for the type of game you had. I'm sot sure if that's still the case or not but you might want to send an email and ask them.
The topper is controlled by power from J117 and it lights up, flickers and has several layers of lighting. It is a really effective light show when it's running, it doesn't just stay on, it is interactive with the playfield lighting.
I agree, I think it's really good value at $240.
QSS

#2793 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Id have no problem offering to help -- I have a business shipping address (veterinary clinic) and we usually have a number of extra boxes/shipping material that can be used for repurposing. . . Not sure how payment arrangements need to be handled but Id obviously prefer not to pay everyone's shipping in the end. If we are not talking extreme costs Id be willing to front the price of the six panels/shipping and then would just ask to be paid back once they were available on the domestic side.
I realize that I am not the original poster/requester on the speaker panel and do not want to step on his/her toes if this is something they would prefer to handle. Just offering an option to help the idea become a reality.

Thanks for you offer, and for PM, TractorDoc. Psw757 offered his help, we are on track. I have requested 6 panels, and maybe will add few more as backup.
Of course this is not USA specific project, I can send stuff anywhere.
Thanks again for your help.

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks for you offer, and for PM, TractorDoc. Psw757 offered his help, we are on track. I have requested 6 panels, and maybe will add few more as backup.
Of course this is not USA specific project, I can send stuff anywhere.
Thanks again for your help.

Excellent! Thanks Psw757 for taking the initiative.
As stated, I was not trying to "steal" your request, I just wanted to make sure something actually came of it.

I am interested in a panel when available!

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Excellent! Thanks psw757 for taking the initiative.
As stated, I was not trying to "steal" your request, I just wanted to make sure something actually came of it.
I am interested in a panel when available!

No worries, I think we should get as many as we can since these are so hard to come buy. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I guess we will wait and see when this should all happen.

#2796 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No worries, I think we should get as many as we can since these are so hard to come buy. There seems to be quite a bit of interest. I guess we will wait and see when this should all happen.

Do we know what an "all-in" price for this would be once we pay for shipping from Europe and 2nd shipping in US? I am thinking of routing my current one, but for the right price would be in for the group buy.

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Do we know what an "all-in" price for this would be once we pay for shipping from Europe and 2nd shipping in US? I am thinking of routing my current one, but for the right price would be in for the group buy.

Well I think Davi said he could ship either 3 or 6 for $55. Not sure what other costs are at the moment. Once here in the states there will be another small shipping fee to redistribute to you folks.

Edit - should have added we just need to determine how much to get the 6 or 9 of them to the US. That is the most costly part but with several of us buying the cost shipped will be greatly reduced.

Once here I can’t imagine these costing more than $7-10 via usps to get them to you all.

#2798 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well I think Davi said he could ship either 3 or 6 for $55. Not sure what other costs are at the moment. Once here in the states there will be another small shipping fee to redistribute to you folks.
Edit - should have added we just need to determine how much to get the 6 or 9 of them to the US. That is the most costly part but with several of us buying the cost shipped will be greatly reduced.
Once here I can’t imagine these costing more than $7-10 via usps to get them to you all.

About cost:
1. Cost of panel - waiting for the quote.
2. Shipping cost Europe/US - around $55/60. Have to divide, of course.
3. Usps cost (domestic), $7-10.

#2799 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

A nice topper, but Crystal Skull is deplaced for the WMS Indy.
I really hate the last part and I also refuse any symbol of that in my Indy.

Sorry but what last part are you talking about?

#2800 6 years ago

Sorry but what last part are you talking about?

He's saying the Crystal Skull movie sucked so he wouldn't put it on his machine. Crystal Skull wasn't made at the time Indy TPA came out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 12.95
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/56?hl=fremen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.