IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 235.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Indy club ? Where can I buy clear drop targets and light below ?
Also I have a prototype Indy and I added color dmd and lost my lower lights ? I need to buy lower lights in a led panel ? Pin bits had them bug no longer
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks Ken White CA

So... what are the “lower lights”? Do you mean the 3 treasures mod that lights the Ark, the Stone and the Grail?

#2702 6 years ago

Yes, they came on the prototype and were removed for production Game

#2703 6 years ago

Anyone see the drop targets ?

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Indy club ? Where can I buy clear drop targets and light below ?
Also I have a prototype Indy and I added color dmd and lost my lower lights ? I need to buy lower lights in a led panel ? Pin bits had them bug no longer
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks Ken White CA

Ken,
Contact him:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/18#post-3088422

You need a led type jackpot board (Pindorabox).
http://www.pindorabox.com/williams/indiana-jones-jackpot-board.html

20180103_170327 (resized).jpg20180103_170327 (resized).jpg

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Anyone see the drop targets ?

He is the man i got them from,cool mod too
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/indypinhead

#2706 6 years ago

Thanks for the compliment.

I have those lit drop targets ready to ship, if anyone is interested.

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thanks for the compliment.
I have those lit drop targets ready to ship, if anyone is interested.

Those are really cool - expect a PM!

#2708 6 years ago

Finally! Finally a member of the club!

#2709 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Finally! Finally a member of the club!

Congrats, welcome.

#2710 6 years ago

Thanks pinside, going to order both

#2711 6 years ago

Been having some weird anomalies with my path of adventure lately-

When the POA is activated, and the ball is sitting at the drop post, once the drop post drops, my pit (upper through-hole for ball) optos activate (or deactivate, in the case of optos), triggering the indy falling to his death. Then, after a while, the upper optos in the pit hole seems to stop working until I re-start the machine.

Could this be a flaky opto(s) in the pit hole?

Also, does the mini PF get power turned on once the drop post drops? similar to Twilight zone? the pit opto triggers IMMEDIATELY after the post drops.

Any help would be great.

Sometimes, it works for a while with no issues

EDIT: added info

Wiring under mini PF seems good, everything checks out fine in tests when game is booted up. AFTER the opto stops working during gameplay, if I go into tests the pit hole opto does NOT work, but everything else does.

#2712 6 years ago

Check 10-Opto board beneath the playfield!
Look into the Switch Matrix while Indy does selftesting and check Opto from fliptronic at the buttons.

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My guess is that they should hold up as good as the original ABS ones.
These are made of polycarbonate.

According to this, PC is superior to ABS in every measurable property listed
https://www.makeitfrom.com/compare/Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene-ABS/Polycarbonate-PC

#2714 6 years ago

Just installed a Pinsound board in my IJ (with Pinball Pro speaker upgrade) and it's incredibly muffled, sounds like very little audio is emitting from the panel speakers, all of it is coming out of the sub. Any idea what might be the issue? Plug in the wrong slot

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

IMG_4184 (resized).jpegIMG_4184 (resized).jpeg

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed a Pinsound board in my IJ (with Pinball Pro speaker upgrade) and it's incredibly muffled, sounds like very little audio is emitting from the panel speakers, all of it is coming out of the sub. Any idea what might be the issue? Plug in the wrong slot

Ok, 2 things -

1) you're missing a connector. You should have 1 connector from the backbox, and one from the cabinet. I'm guessing yuo may have plugged the cabinet one into the header intended for the backbox (I can't remember which is which, but it's marked onthe board)

2) you really should do yourself a favor and make/buy a Stereo cable. It is DRAMATICALLY better. That way you can dial in the sound perfectly - more treble in the backbox, more thump from the cabinet, or however you roll. The OST mix (and Endprodukt's ultimate mix) really benefit from stereo

#2716 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Yup, you were right. Many thanks.

Noob here, how would I use a stereo cable with this set up? What would it be replacing?

#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Yup, you were right. Many thanks.
Noob here, how would I use a stereo cable with this set up? What would it be replacing?

So WPC games aren't wired in stereo - DCS games have WAY better sound than earlier WPC89 games, but it's still mono.

The backbox speakers are basically putting out the same sound, there's no 'left' and 'right' sounds, they're identical. Anyway, the sounds in the upgraded PInsound mixes have distinct left and right channels (they're stereo, in other words), and you can't hear the difference unless you use the stereo cable, and also switch the pinsound board to the 'stereo' setting. It's very cool to hear the gunshots and the soundtrack in actual stereo.

The other reason is the Backbox treble/bass/volume knobs on the board don't have any effect unless you use the stereo cable. If that's in use, you can set separate volumes for the backbox - dial up the cabinet volume way high, for example, and turn up the treble for the backbox, but put the volume down. It's really customizable

#2718 6 years ago

Sounds like a no-brainer. Where exactly does the stereo cable go? Assume something like this would work?
EDIT: Found the stereo cable available on pinsound

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#2719 6 years ago

Ok so now after a few seconds of starting a game, the Color LCD starts distorting, then the audio drop out. Is this a power source thing?

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

According to this, PC is superior to ABS in every measurable property listed
https://www.makeitfrom.com/compare/Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene-ABS/Polycarbonate-PC

I've been machining plastics for 30+ years.

Polycarbonate is some pretty durable stuff.

#2721 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Sounds like a no-brainer. Where exactly does the stereo cable go? Assume something like this would work?

Yes please buy the Pinsound one! You will be disappointed when you try to install that one you post the pic of! Haha

#2722 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Ok so now after a few seconds of starting a game, the Color LCD starts distorting, then the audio drop out. Is this a power source thing?

Yikes, could be. I’d double check your connections. ColorDMD and Pinsound put a lot of strain on the power supply; a lot of people have added standard arcade power supplies. If your power board is starting to have issues, you would definitely see it when you install both. Are you getting any resets? Usually the game will trip the watchdog circuit if you’re overloading it.

For what it’s worth, my game has both installed and I do not use an external power supply for the PinSound. Like I said, check your connections firsr

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Stereo 2.1 connector (left to right)
Cabinet -
Cabinet +
No pin
Left -
Left +
Right -
Right +

20171101_145629 (resized).jpg20171101_145629 (resized).jpg

20171101_145727 (resized).jpg20171101_145727 (resized).jpg

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Check 10-Opto board beneath the playfield!

so... the problem might be in this 10-opto board, or maybe the column/row drivers on the CPU?

Maybe this is a bad opto on the Pit hole? Is that possible?

Quoted from Averell:

Look into the Switch Matrix while Indy does selftesting and check Opto from fliptronic at the buttons.

I don't understand what you are saying to do here

#2725 6 years ago

Could be bad or weak connection of 12 Volt power supply at 10-Opto board.
Take a closer look to the LED that indicates correct 12 Volt.
Open coindoor and start Indy, switch into switch-test to check the switch matrix... you will see if some opto's don't work properly.
Also take a look into the schematics, there are some opto's outside the switch matrix.
Often dirty opto's at the fliptronic for the flipper buttons cause problems like you have.

#2726 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yikes, could be. I’d double check your connections. ColorDMD and Pinsound put a lot of strain on the power supply; a lot of people have added standard arcade power supplies. If your power board is starting to have issues, you would definitely see it when you install both. Are you getting any resets? Usually the game will trip the watchdog circuit if you’re overloading it.
For what it’s worth, my game has both installed and I do not use an external power supply for the PinSound. Like I said, check your connections firsr

So I tried playing the game after disconnecting the color DMD to see if it's a power issue and the audio is still dropping out, and when it comes back it sounds like it catches up and plays all the audio it missed when it dropped. But the little I've heard of Endprodukt's work sounds incredible!

IMG_4186 (resized).jpgIMG_4186 (resized).jpg

#2727 6 years ago

For instance, a new Color-DMD has less power consumption as the original one, so this is not the problem!
You should check your Powerdriver for bad capacitors and burned or weak connectors!
Also think about a separate power supply for PinSound.
And my experience was that the supplied SanDisk-USB is bad - I changed to a superior provider.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Could be bad or weak connection of 12 Volt power supply at 10-Opto board.
Take a closer look to the LED that indicates correct 12 Volt.
Open coindoor and start Indy, switch into switch-test to check the switch matrix... you will see if some opto's don't work properly.
Also take a look into the schematics, there are some opto's outside the switch matrix.
Often dirty opto's at the fliptronic for the flipper buttons cause problems like you have.

Excellent- Thanks for the advice! will look into it

EDIT:
Now that I think of it, it would do it sometimes when I hit the RH flipper button to tilt the mini-PF to the right. Maybe cleaning/replacing that one will do the trick!

#2729 6 years ago

Yes, that is a possible solution... referring to this Indy is a little Diva.
Often same problem at ball throughs cause miscalulating during gameplay.

#2730 6 years ago

Hi All,

I could use some tech help.

Note: This game spent time in Japan

I have an IJ where the voltages are running about 20 percent too high coming out of the transformer. I tested this at the output side of the transformer and compared to Iobium website where they show unloaded measurements.

So, I have checked the jumpers in the input side of the transformer and they are where the are suppose to be. It looks like it should for a U.S. game. Same as pinwiki shows it should be.

So my theory is that someone changed the pins on the transformer side of the plug instead of moving the jumpers. Can someone tell me which pins go into what on the transformer ?

I attached a picture of my situation below. The two wires I am holding are coming in from basically the wall. I would think these should be going into 115v. not 100v but I am guessing here. Can anyone help me figure how the should be wired ?

Thanks
Jim

D96E1261-FF01-499F-8F93-AE7EE05AA6B3 (resized).jpegD96E1261-FF01-499F-8F93-AE7EE05AA6B3 (resized).jpeg

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

So I tried playing the game after disconnecting the color DMD to see if it's a power issue and the audio is still dropping out, and when it comes back it sounds like it catches up and plays all the audio it missed when it dropped. But the little I've heard of Endprodukt's work sounds incredible!

You've got your speakers plugged into the wrong jack. Your picture shows your speakers plugged into the J505 WPC-89 spk jack. It should be plugged into the J2 WPC-DCS B.Box jack which is one jack to the left.

QSS

#2732 6 years ago

I've seen a number of old posts about changing/replacing the planes on the ramps. Does anyone make such replacements or is it a one off that you do yourself?

I can't find the 2 LED flasher assembly board (A-16834) for the fighter plane for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Does anyone know the part number for the metal bracket that connects the fighter plane to the right ramp?

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I can't find the 2 LED flasher assembly board (A-16834) for the fighter plane for sale anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

At Pinball Center:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/indiana-jones-i/8326/2-led-flasher-board-for-indiana-jones

#2734 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Ya I didn't see that until after I got home. Nice thanks again

I've got the same problem with my IJ. Any chance you would send me the high res scan as well? Thanks in advance.

#2735 6 years ago

Trying to install EndProdukt's reorchestration to my pinsound board but I keep hearing "No audio files found on USB drive"

Seems to be able to install Pinhead's and the original audio track fine.

Appreciate any thoughts!

#2736 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Trying to install EndProdukt's reorchestration to my pinsound board but I keep hearing "No audio files found on USB drive"
Seems to be able to install Pinhead's and the original audio track fine.
Appreciate any thoughts!

Hint:
Install mix manually: drop the files (audio folder and config) on your flashdrive from your pc instead of letting the Board install it from the zip/rar.

#2737 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hint:
Install mix manually: drop the files (audio folder and config) on your flashdrive from your pc instead of letting the Board install it from the zip/rar.

Thanks Davi, That's how I've been doing it. Seemed to work fine with the other files, just not with Olli's.

#2738 6 years ago

Just to close the loop on my issues, my USB drive was bad, once I switched it out no audio issues. My DMD issues were from a bad ribbon cable. Thanks for everyone's input!

#2739 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just to close the loop on my issues, my USB drive was bad, once I switched it out no audio issues. My DMD issues were from a bad ribbon cable. Thanks for everyone's input!

Did you switch your speaker jack to the correct plug too?

QSS

#2740 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Did you switch your speaker jack to the correct plug too?
QSS

I originally had it plugged in to the slot to the left but it wasn’t playing audio from the back box speakers just the sub. When I moved it over one it started working.

#2741 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for the update. Been reading details since i have pinsound coming.

#2742 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is that your machine you posted pics of?
I think those look good, are they from Averell or somewhere else?

Here is:
http://www.bestofpinball.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/10275

#2743 6 years ago

Installed the Led light board for the lost plastic yesterday. Easy enough, well built. However, it looks awkward. Its so bright it makes a solid light that fills the gap on the back of the lost plastic creating a long white brick of light.
Does anyone know if those lights ever blink, cycle, strobe? The 3 incondesent bulbs were so dim i never noticed them do anything. Thinking of adding a gel diffuser to maybe spread light, dim it a little.
Has anyone else installed this board? Opinions and solutions, or have you modified it?

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Installed the Led light board for the lost plastic yesterday. Easy enough, well built. However, it looks awkward. Its so bright it makes a solid light that fills the gap on the back of the lost plastic creating a long white brick of light.
Does anyone know if those lights ever blink, cycle, strobe? The 3 incondesent bulbs were so dim i never noticed them do anything. Thinking of adding a gel diffuser to maybe spread light, dim it a little.
Has anyone else installed this board? Opinions and solutions, or have you modified it?

Yep that’s how it works - there is no micro controller that flashes it or whatever. It wouldn’t be hard to tie into GI or inserts if you wanted

#2745 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep that’s how it works - there is no micro controller that flashes it or whatever. It wouldn’t be hard to tie into GI or inserts if you wanted

Thanks, much appreciated. Ill keep it in for now. But considering swapping it back out ro see what led bulbs look like in old light board. Maybe tie this one into a topper light.

#2746 6 years ago

Pics please!

#2747 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Pics please!

Pics of lightboard, lost plastic.
Doesnt even throw light onto bridge plastic.
Lit drop targets and Lior's ramp cover bonus.

20180113_103427 (resized).jpg20180113_103427 (resized).jpg

20180113_103804 (resized).jpg20180113_103804 (resized).jpg

20180113_103827 (resized).jpg20180113_103827 (resized).jpg

20180113_103944 (resized).jpg20180113_103944 (resized).jpg

20180113_103921 (resized).jpg20180113_103921 (resized).jpg

#2748 6 years ago

Pics of lightboard, lost plastic.
Doesnt even throw light onto bridge plastic.
Lit drop targets and Lior's ramp cover bonus.

Thanks. I agree, this is strange. Small board with 3 lights source can't lit the whole plastic.

#2749 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks. I agree, this is strange. Small board with 3 lights source can't lit the whole plastic.

3rd picture down you can see that it provides no light to bridge plastic.
Lior!! Wheres' this Bridge plastic mod?

#2750 6 years ago

3rd picture down you can see that it provides no light to bridge plastic.
Lior!! Wheres' this Bridge plastic mod?

Middle of page:
http://www.edcheung.com/album/album06/Pinball/ij2.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.