Topic Stats

• 4,915 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 196 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,619 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191121_190119 (resized).jpg
20191121_190051 (resized).jpg
BBCA5B97-6153-4E56-A1C5-F326E6753829 (resized).jpeg
F13E84B8-3724-4245-9731-71A432ACC104.jpeg
DB568401-FDEF-4E97-8EFE-A00502505115.jpeg
1606E221-25AC-4E54-B205-BFE38D9109FC.jpeg
3D1824B6-A1B9-4F0F-996C-2F21F420E03A.jpeg
A4F09F8A-3F97-4CB1-9C5C-F65771C235CB.jpeg
DSC_1853 (resized).JPG
DSC_1852 (resized).JPG
POA Opto (resized).PNG
IMG_5418 (resized).jpg
powdercoat3 (resized).jpg
powdercoat2 (resized).jpg
powdercoat1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191104_173703 (resized).jpg

There are 4915 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 99.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

ramsfan this is interesting you are mentioning this... as my Indy has a very similar behavior and I have not yet inspected the kicker.

I find it interesting the Williams Eject mechanisms relied on a single, fairly thin, metal striker that I assume would need to hit the ball fairly precisely. The Stern games have two strikers to hit the ball, one on each side of center. The stern design seems more predictable reliable.

I will keep you posted as I learn.

#2602 1 year ago

You can find the correct paint here. Just get the medium yellow

https://www.dickblick.com/products/nazdar-59000-series-enamel-plus-gloss-screen-ink/

#2603 1 year ago

kornfreak28 that is amazing! Can I ask where you ordered them from? I need one for my FT restore cheers!

Damn...I need one of those also
..my sons friend does silk screening and says he can make me one for about $40...I need to scan my game and clean up the image, then get it to him...if he can come through I will post the results...

#2604 1 year ago

A follow up on my previous question about replacing the rubber rings on my machine. Has anyone tried out the translucent rings from Titan?

#2605 1 year ago

freeman titan os the only way to go I have them on all my machines they’re awesome. A buddy has the translucent ones they look great... as long as u keep them clean. Some games like POTC would. It be a good candidate as they get notoriously dirty because of the spinning disk

#2606 1 year ago

freeman titan os the only way to go I have them on all my machines they’re awesome. A buddy has the translucent ones they look great... as long as u keep them clean. Some games like POTC would. It be a good candidate as they get notoriously dirty because of the spinning disk

Thank you Soulrider. Do you know if your buddy has incandescent or LED lights in the machine with the translucent rings? i have mostly incandescent and wonder if it makes much difference with the translucents.

#2607 1 year ago

Guys, I have some parts from the nice pinsider davi .

It was expensive to ship to the US so he sent me lots and I promised I’d ship them to whoever wanted to buy and you can pay him directly. Please contact him and me if you need any of the parts in the photo.

image (resized).jpg

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Guys, I have some parts from the nice pinsider davi .
It was expensive to ship to the US so he sent me lots and I promised I’d ship them to whoever wanted to buy and you can pay him directly. Please contact him and me if you need any of the parts in the photo.

I want one but I'm waiting to see if Lior is going to make the Idol ruins mod. If he makes the mod, I might need a different color than what you have. What is the little L bracket for?

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I want one but I'm waiting to see if Lior is going to make the Idol ruins mod. If he makes the mod, I might need a different color than what you have. What is the little L bracket for?

yes im going to make it. i will write more info soon. davi made a great work and great parts. i think anyone who going to buy my idol ruins needs to buy door lock and base! i can paint them or also without its going to looks awesome!

#2610 1 year ago

freeman he has cool leds, but I don’t think it will really matter. The cool thing with the translucent rubbers is they kinda disappear and don’t “stand out” if you will

#2611 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Not sure. It all looks like good quality 3d printed. So let me know when you want something and you can pay the creator directly.

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Not sure. It all looks like good quality 3d printed. So let me know when you want something and you can pay the creator directly.

Sounds great! I will very soon!

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What is the little L bracket for?

To connect lamps (for example bayonet sockets) without drilling. You can fix the bracket with glue to the base.

#2614 1 year ago

Any locals want a restored playfield to swap?

Archived after 30 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Have WMS IJ playfield that was touched up and cleared. Note the mini playfield has holes drilled to light the red plastic sides. Will come with new set of Reese’s Rails too. ...”
2018-01-08
Reading, PA
1,150 (OBO)

#2615 1 year ago

All right team ... I removed my 3-drop mech and cleaned it up and reassembled it. Then when I turn the game back on, I get these errors:

Adve(n)ture (middle drop switch)
Left ramp made
3-drop Coil failure
Adventu(r)e target

I believe all of these share a Blue wire (as ground, I think?). Several appear to be flipper grounded switches. I have not had to deal with this before - the blue wire seems to go from the flipper to the back box and I’m not sure what to do next. The 3-drop circuit board has a lit LED, and the coil fires in test mode.

I checked for a loose wire, don’t see anything obvious... i have not done anything besides raise the PF and opener the BB, but did not remove anything except that mech and it’s associated connector. So... any ideas?

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All right team ... I removed my 3-drop mech and cleaned it up and reassembled it. Then when I turn the game back on, I get these errors:
Adve(n)ture (middle drop switch)
Left ramp made
3-drop Coil failure
Adventu(r)e target
I believe all of these share a Blue wire (as ground, I think?). Several appear to be flipper grounded switches. I have not had to deal with this before - the blue wire seems to go from the flipper to the back box and I’m not sure what to do next. The 3-drop circuit board has a lit LED, and the coil fires in test mode.
I checked for a loose wire, don’t see anything obvious... i have not done anything besides raise the PF and opener the BB, but did not remove anything except that mech and it’s associated connector. So... any ideas?

Did you do any of the work under there with the power on? That’s a mistake I’ve made in the past. If not, I would think it was a broken solder joint. If you had power on while working that increases chances of a board problem. I can’t remember right now if these switches have diodes on them? If so I would start there.

That’s about all I got but there are people on here who know a ton more than me, so hopefully they’ll chime in.

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Did you do any of the work under there with the power on? That’s a mistake I’ve made in the past. If not, I would think it was a broken solder joint. If you had power on while working that increases chances of a board problem. I can’t remember right now if these switches have diodes on them? If so I would start there.
That’s about all I got but there are people on here who know a ton more than me, so hopefully they’ll chime in.

Thanks for the reply! I had everything removed from the game when I was working on it. I think I’ve narrowed down the problem to the orange grounding wire that goes up to the flippertronic board, but I am not exactly sure what the problem is. The two switches that are failing (52 and F8) share that ground wire so i think it’s somehow related to that. I’m going to try shorting it to bypass the onto board and see if that at least gets the switches working

#2618 1 year ago

Having problems with my idol alingment. Took it off and now when back on its like a quarter inch off and doesnt release balls with lock, timing off. Theres that damn little set screw on post. Any suggestions? Theres only one flat side for set screw to post. In test theres 6 positions, should the idol match that animation on screen?

#2619 1 year ago

The set screw must be on the flat side and really tight so there's no slack (is that the right word?) You shouldn't be able to turn it either way when it is tightened

#2620 1 year ago

Should rear divertor to path of adventure ramp have a spring on plunger going into coil. Mines acting up and manual shows no spring, but there was one on it?
Also getting random " you cheat dr jones" and second ball into shooter lane. Just having bad day with this machine.
That little set screw is killing me on idol, so hard to get to.

#2621 1 year ago

Keep spinning the idol in test mode till the flat side is facing the idol lock door. Then you can reach the screw (while pushing the lock door down)

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Should rear divertor to path of adventure ramp have a spring on plunger going into coil. Mines acting up and manual shows no spring, but there was one on it?
Also getting random " you cheat dr jones" and second ball into shooter lane. Just having bad day with this machine.
That little set screw is killing me on idol, so hard to get to.

Going from memory, but I think the random "you cheat doctor jones" is related to an Opto switch, maybe #45? I reflowed the solder joints and problem solved.

I might have some details wrong.

#2623 1 year ago

Very excited to finally be part of the club! Noob question- my translite didn't have a diffuser with it so the LEDs are way too intense. Any suggestions on what I should get?

IMG_4086 (resized).jpg

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Very excited to finally be part of the club! Noob question- my translite didn't have a diffuser with it so the LEDs are way too intense. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Gee looks pretty good to me

#2625 1 year ago

Finally got an Indy!!!

A3897746-106A-40FD-A04C-6FF1553F2C8A (resized).jpeg

#2626 1 year ago

FYI guys, I have about 20 airball mod stops left. Not making anymore. Get them while you can.

Check my ad in the marketplace.

#2627 1 year ago

Anyone ever have an issue where the game randomly adds players to the game?

Seems sometimes when playing 1 player it works fine and then a few games later before you know it you have a 4 player game going! lol

Annoying to say the least

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Seems sometimes when playing 1 player it works fine and then a few games later before you know it you have a 4 player game going! lol

Sticky start button.
Had it happen on a few games.
Pull start burron out and clean that micro switch button, tiny button start hits on white housing. They get build up of dust and stay in... then will register another game after about 5 seconds.
Sound right?

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Finally got an Indy!!!

Now you should look into Lior's ramp cover and ruins mod. Congrats on game!

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Translite on back should be all white. If yours is clear, perhaps a remake from england couple years back. Roscoe lighting gels sells a white diffusuon for ahout 30 bucks. Comes in a roll, cut to size and tape on. I have a mix of led and incondesent on my translite. The incondesent feel, warmth, just looks best on Indy.

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Going from memory, but I think the random "you cheat doctor jones" is related to an Opto switch, maybe #45? I reflowed the solder joints and problem solved.
I might have some details wrong.

Turned out to be a washer from restore and popped down there during restore. Lifting playfield up a few times heard it sliding around.

#2632 1 year ago

Sticky start button.
Had it happen on a few games.
Pull start burron out and clean that micro switch button, tiny button start hits on white housing. They get build up of dust and stay in... then will register another game after about 5 seconds.
Sound right?

Thanks - I’ll start with this.

I never really noticed when the next games were added to be sure but seems like an easy possible cause.

I’ll let you know

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks - I’ll start with this.
I never really noticed when the next games were added to be sure but seems like an easy possible cause.
I’ll let you know

You'll know if you enter a high score and it double up an initial.

#2634 1 year ago

Translite on back should be all white. If yours is clear, perhaps a remake from england couple years back. Roscoe lighting gels sells a white diffusuon for ahout 30 bucks. Comes in a roll, cut to size and tape on. I have a mix of led and incondesent on my translite. The incondesent feel, warmth, just looks best on Indy.

Can't find any Rosco rolls online for less than $130. Do you recall where you saw it for $30?

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

You'll know if you enter a high score and it double up an initial.

True, only problem is I haven't consistently been able to crack into the top scores! I suck, lol,

#2636 1 year ago

Anybody had a problem with the Adve(n)ture target and the left ramp made switch? Both of these are not working on my game and I just replaced the opto board for the ENT drop targets so I know it’s not that. I believe their ground wire is connected so it might be that, but I don’t get why it’s only those 2 switches.

Wiring seems intact, not sure what makes sense to check next.

#2637 1 year ago

So I was finally able to locate what is causing additional players to be added during ball 1. It is the right outlane upper switch, just not sure how it is triggering additional players.

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

under the POA theres a diode, the one overtop the mode hole. Gets hit pretty often and get knocked around. My game was adding players every ball. Bent the diode back into place and it fixed it. That diode is notorious for causing that issue

#2639 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

under the POA theres a diode, the one overtop the mode hole. Gets hit pretty often and get knocked around. My game was adding players every ball. Bent the diode back into place and it fixed it. That diode is notorious for causing that issue

Doesn't appear that is the problem. I think....

Only time it does this is when the ball hits the right outlane rollover switch on first ball.

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So I was finally able to locate what is causing additional players to be added during ball 1. It is the right outlane upper switch, just not sure how it is triggering additional players.

I had a similar issue on my old TAF, the diode was reversed in one of the switches

#2641 1 year ago

Hey guys my path is having trouble tilting left. Tilts right just fine and motors and switches good as well. I'm going to be taking my game apart this month and putting new rubbers on and whatnot. How do i go about fixing my path and what should be looking for?

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys my path is having trouble tilting left. Tilts right just fine and motors and switches good as well. I'm going to be taking my game apart this month and putting new rubbers on and whatnot. How do i go about fixing my path and what should be looking for?

Buy a new POA board

#2644 1 year ago

DONT BUY A NEW BOARD its just a stupid option for lazy people and the problem is not there!!!! clean your optos of the poa with alcohol, thats how i fix mine. and had the same problem. if you still have this problem clean your optos in your flipper buttons or replace them. first start with the flipper buttons. you can change the places from left to right and check if you still have this problem.

#2645 1 year ago

No that is not the board I was talking about. It’s a different board. I will get you the link

#2646 1 year ago

This is the board you need. Before I bought this board, I cleaned the optos with alcohol as well as the flipper button boards and that did NOT fix my problem! Once I replaced this board, the issues with my POA went away! That is how I fixed my POA. You can go any route you want, this is only my recommendation.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/ij_poa.html

#2647 1 year ago

Yet another plane replacement. Let me know if you want a pic installed in game.

20180101_091459 (resized).jpg

20180101_091445 (resized).jpg

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yet another plane replacement. Let me know if you want a pic installed in game.

Of course!

#2649 1 year ago

Wow! Outstanding

#2650 1 year ago

Has anybody installed Pinstadium lights on a Indiana Jones and how do they look. I am concern about the Mini Playfield, Idol Assembly and the wire guide on the lower left on the playfield blocking the light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Altoona, PA
There are 4915 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 99.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside