IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 235.
#201 9 years ago

Ahh I did not know we had a Williams IJ club... Just joined lol

#202 9 years ago

edit: resolved.

2 weeks later
#203 9 years ago

Not much activity here as of late, so I'll post a little brag.

I finally got The Fish of Tales, award. Now, if only I could finish the Mine Cart mode, I would have them all.

#204 9 years ago

Does anyone know of a cheaper motor/setup for the path of adventure? I picked up an IJ a couple of weeks ago and it only has half of the motor. It's missing that part that screws into the back with the cable assembly. I'm out of budget and cant really afford a $140 motor and don't see that part being sold anywhere. Any help is much appreciated.

#205 9 years ago

Finally beat the mine cart!!!!!! Still no frog tho.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

The thing about Frog Mode is remembering to start the game with both flippers pressed. After that, it's just a matter of crashing into the fourth blocked path, on the right.

Actually finishing the Mine Cart Mode, is a different story.

#207 9 years ago

Only beat mine cart once myself the other day. What is frog mode anyway and what do you do in it.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Only beat mine cart once myself the other day. What is frog mode anyway and what do you do in it.

It's a hidden bonus you can get in the Mine Cart Mode. I think it's worth 20 million points.

#209 9 years ago

Yay! Got a brand new POA motor for indy for $50 thanks to user - goodmanners IJ is coming along but I nearly snapped the backboard off because of that POA pivot arm. I still have no idea how that part mounts in there and it pinched against the cabinet getting stuck back there and smashing the POA circuit board mounted back there. Fortunately I think I have what I need to repair that board.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I was one lane left to complete the Cart Mode, and I forgot to hold down the button... I just pressed and let go and died. Was sooo upset. lol

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Yay! Got a brand new POA motor for indy for $50 thanks to user - goodmanners IJ is coming along but I nearly snapped the backboard off because of that POA pivot arm. I still have no idea how that part mounts in there and it pinched against the cabinet getting stuck back there and smashing the POA circuit board mounted back there. Fortunately I think I have what I need to repair that board.

Good to hear. I was thinking it would be tough to find one without getting the entire motor.

#212 9 years ago

Just got my IJ. Wow. Sign me up for the club!!!

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Just got my IJ. Wow. Sign me up for the club!!!

Let the modding begin lol

#214 9 years ago

You know, I don't think I want to mod mine other than adding the missing plastic with lighting.

IJ is one of those games I really like, as is. Well, I may do a custom paint on my Idol Ruins. They always looked a bit too plasticy.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

You know, I don't think I want to mod mine other than adding the missing plastic with lighting.

IJ is one of those games I really like, as is. Well, I may do a custom paint on my Idol Ruins. They always looked a bit too plasticy.

Only mods I did are.

1. Lost plastic
2. Lost Plastic lights "not the stupid $50 board"
3. Chrome Caps + LED rings.
4. Lights under temple.
5. Silver pistol grips
6. Jackpot lights
7. Outlane lights
8. Painted propeller to match wood + motor so it spins. (Propeller on both planes)
9. Little Idol on mini adventure.
10. Lights under the mini-adventure.
11. Shaker Motor
12. colorDMD

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard: added #12 colorDMD

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Only mods I did are.
1. Lost plastic
2. Lost Plastic lights "not the stupid $50 board"
3. Chrome Caps + LED rings.
4. Lights under temple.
5. Silver pistol grips
6. Jackpot lights
7. Outlane lights
8. Painted propeller to match wood + motor so it spins. (Propeller on both planes)
9. Little Idol on mini adventure.
10. Lights under the mini-adventure.
11. Shaker Motor.

Let's see.

#217 9 years ago

Some of them are still in the mail But soon, I have top men working on it. Top... Men...

#218 9 years ago

I think the IJ video modes are going to be much more attractive once the color DMD is out. Keeping hope alive...

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I think the IJ video modes are going to be much more attractive once the color DMD is out. Keeping hope alive...

If I could get a confirmation that it WILL be made some day. I would buy the colorDMD right now. I really hope they do...

EDIT: Confirmed, Indiana Jones is next for colorDMD

#220 9 years ago

FYI......POA Tech Tip

I was having issues with my POA not tilting all the way to the right. Even though it passed the POA test, I was rarely able to make the top right switch. I was about to remove the ramps in order to remove the POA, when I noticed there was a lot of "play" in the mini playfield. I could take my hand and move the POA back and forth, pretty far.

So, I grabbed an allen wrench, leveled the POA as best I could, and tightened the set screw. Now, I can make any switch on the playfield.

Hope this helps someone.

#221 9 years ago

trying to join this club....have several pins to trade.

#222 9 years ago

If I could get a confirmation that it WILL be made some day. I would buy the colorDMD right now. I really hope they do...

There is confirmation that it's next...kind of.
See Gilligan's Island thread.

#223 9 years ago

Only mods I did are.
1. Lost plastic2. Lost Plastic lights "not the stupid $50 board"3. Chrome Caps + LED rings.4. Lights under temple.5. Silver pistol grips6. Jackpot lights7. Outlane lights8. Painted propeller to match wood + motor so it spins. (Propeller on both planes)9. Little Idol on mini adventure.10. Lights under the mini-adventure.11. Shaker Motor.

Could you explain what number 2 is please?

#224 9 years ago

As cheap as I admit I am, ColorDMD for IJ would be able to pry my wallet open.

#225 9 years ago

I was wondering about the Color DMD, and what it might mean for those of us who have the speaker panels with the modded Jackpot lights.
I'm assuming the Color DMD would have the ability to light the jackpot area?..hopefully...
Dan

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

I was wondering about the Color DMD, and what it might mean for those of us who have the speaker panels with the modded Jackpot lights.
I'm assuming the Color DMD would have the ability to light the jackpot area?..hopefully...
Dan

I suppose that remains to be seen, since there is no official announcement. They did on TAF, but the lighting for it is already in place. With IJ, it's a modification that not everyone is brave enough to make.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I suppose that remains to be seen, since there is no official announcement. They did on TAF, but the lighting for it is already in place. With IJ, it's a modification that not everyone is brave enough to make.

In case anyone missed the puzzle colorDMD gave us. It is confirmed the next color DMD is Williams Indiana Jones. You can buy the SIGMA or any of the DMD's and add the code when it comes out.
287942-i.png287942-i.png
If you used the NOS light board, it is rather thin and should fit behind the colorDMD without any issues. The worst case we may have to modify the connector by adding an extension so the molex connector runs off the side to clear the monitor. But, I think they have spacers which may be enough anyway. Will find out soon, mine is in the mail.

Quoted from dluth:

Could you explain what number 2 is please?

You can buy the $50 led board that fits behind the bridge but it doesn't do a good job in my opinion. So, I used an LED strip from cometpinball then cut it till I had the desired light. Mounted that under the bridge. Then, wired a flex light behind the back mounted on the top edge of the wood and shine it behind the bridge. Looks really nice and lights up the back perfectly.

1 week later
#228 9 years ago

Hey guys I finally got Indy back together after the full shop and my flippers aren't working, details in this thread if anyone can help https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-rebuilt-the-game-and-flippers-arent-working

#229 9 years ago

Wahoo! Problem solved already and my new POA motor arrived today!

#230 9 years ago

New member to the club!!! What a game!!!!

#231 9 years ago

Greetings indy fans. I'm loving my game, but want to get her locked in.

My questions specifically center around the path of adventure. First off, mine doesn't seem to be able to lean far enough to the right. Is there a simple way to rebalance? Secondly, the Rod that goes up and down sometimes sticks. If you apply pressure to the back left part of the lost plastic, it does not stick.
Finally, what is the ideal pitch? I've heard the game needs to be balanced perfectly for an optimal gaming experience.

Thanks guys.

#232 9 years ago

When I installed the lost plastic, the extra width was enough to cause that post to stick as well. I went under the playfield, loosened and slightly turned the angle of the bracket where the post was attached. Once the post moved freely again, I re tightened the screws and no more post binding. It took a little trial and error, but only required a very small (under .25 inch) adjustment.

#233 9 years ago

Got a nice one coming soon.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

My questions specifically center around the path of adventure. First off, mine doesn't seem to be able to lean far enough to the right. Is there a simple way to rebalance? Secondly, the Rod that goes up and down sometimes sticks. If you apply pressure to the back left part of the lost plastic, it does not stick.
Finally, what is the ideal pitch? I've heard the game needs to be balanced perfectly for an optimal gaming experience.
Thanks guys.

I posted something about this, about 14 posts back or so. I would make sure it passes all the tests in the test menu first. This helps rule out a mechanical or opto failure.

With mine, the set screw was loose. Once I leveled the POA and tightened that screw, it tilted fully to the right.

In some cases, I have heard about the right side of the POA hitting the Jackpot sign. If that's your issue, look to see which set of screws it is mounted to on the left ramp. You may be able to move it to the other set, giving the POA more clearance to tilt.

#235 9 years ago

Great feedback. Much appreciated. I'll be sure to follow up with results.

Also, color DMD seems like an obvious choice, doesn't it? I predict more money coming out of my pocket

#236 9 years ago

Color DMD is amazing on IJ. If its a keeper for you, you need to get it trust me.

#237 9 years ago

I recently received my ColorDMD and installed the IJ download. Wow, it looks great! The installation was super easy and I did it in just a few minutes. Afterwards, my right flipper and the upper playfield right tilt became very weak. I wrote to Randy and he responded with a detailed email in less than 15 minutes. Talk about great customer service. Turned out that the new display caused a very slight voltage drop which caused a dirty flipper opto to underperform. I gave the opto a quick q-tip and alcohol bath and that did the trick. Thanks Randy.

#238 9 years ago

hoping to join the club. Anyone wanting to exit club send me a PM

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

hoping to join the club. Anyone wanting to exit club send me a PM

Buying into the IJ club is pricey, these days. I am thankful that I bought mine before the pricing went crazy.

#240 9 years ago

Honestly...I think with all the pin prices going crazy I have seen IJ stay about the same. About 5 years ago a nice Ij was close to 5k and TZ was 3k. IJ can still be found for 5k and others have doubled.

#241 9 years ago

My next machine will be an IJ, Iv wanted one too long and Iv moved into that 'keepers only' phase. Time to make my forever collection.

#242 9 years ago

Have a beautiful TOM with. Lots of upgrades and gold powder coating for a nice IJ. Would need some cash back. If your looking to trade your IJ shoot me a message

2 weeks later
#243 9 years ago

Hey all. Need a little help with my indy restore. I'm missing a part that they don't really make a replacement of A-16735 The pivot bracket for the front of the mini playfield. I can easily make this part but I need the dimensions of it. Any help is much appreciated...... if anyone happens to know where I can find the part or has a spare I'll gladly buy it.

#244 9 years ago

Hey guys do you have to have a invite to join ??

#245 9 years ago

Okay. Count me in. Two questions for you guys:

Is it worth it to put a shaker in an IJ? Doesn't seem like it's really well integrated (or used much).

What's your vote on LEDs in this game? Is it a game that lends itself better to incandescents (like LOTR, IMHO)?

#246 9 years ago

Love my IJ and been doing some mods to it lately.

Color DMD (must have)
Lost Plastic
Full LED's
Indiana Jones Figure with RGB LED light up skull
Motorized Propeller Mod
Interior cabinet decals
LED light strip for Lost Plastic
Under the Cabinet LED lighting with flashers.
Ark Mod

Now I'd like to make the lost light mod in LED's for the speaker panel.

#247 9 years ago

Hi All

Just joined the club and still getting to know this fantastic machine!

2014-10-15 21.33.11.jpg2014-10-15 21.33.11.jpg
#248 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is it worth it to put a shaker in an IJ? Doesn't seem like it's really well integrated (or used much).

What's your vote on LEDs in this game? Is it a game that lends itself better to incandescents (like LOTR, IMHO)?

I wouldn't bother with a shaker motor.

If you are going to use LEDs, go with warm white lights. It looks terrible with cool / natural white.

#249 9 years ago

I would try a few LED's first and see what you think. I tried warm white in a couple inserts and although it's a little brighter, it loses the fade effect. So I just left mine stock incandescent except for the green flashers. ColorDMD is awesome, and I'm spoiled now with Invisiglass. Lost plastic is a must.

#250 9 years ago

Hi All,

Couple of questions regarding my new IJ. Firstly, it doesn't have any override switch to turn off the higher powered circuits when the door is opened. I haven't been able to track down the exact part as per the part number but would this work?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/22-0746-1

2014-10-23 20.32.10.jpg2014-10-23 20.32.10.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1,419.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.