IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 235.
#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like those from Averel better. Fit the theme better. The grass on the tilt ones is to realistic.

Do you have a link I would like to see thanks

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like those from Averel better. Fit the theme better. The grass on the tilt ones is to realistic.

If only he would tell us where he bought them

#2303 6 years ago

I have the files of these decals, but they have 100 MB each.
If someone has a dropbox I can upload for you.

#2304 6 years ago

I even like them better than the Pinbal Center ones - http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/indiana-jones-i/3647/sideboard-decals-for-indiana-jones-i

Now i have a dropbox, but can not reach it from my work, blocked;-(

#2305 6 years ago

no hurry,
just send me access code and I will upload as soon as possible.
I also have a high resolution complete scan of the playfield and POA, if it's interessting?

#2307 6 years ago

Hi Peps, Hay I'm starting to restore my playfield and noticed someone's attempt at a touch up. can somebody Please scan the area for me so I can make a decal to cover this up. Thanks

20170928_183801 (resized).jpg20170928_183801 (resized).jpg

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Hi Peps, Hay I'm starting to restore my playfield and noticed someone's attempt at a touch up. can somebody Please scan the area for me so I can make a decal to cover this up. Thanks

i will be happy to scan it for you. but i saw this decal few months ago..

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/indiana-jones-i/3696/overlay-small-for-indiana-jones-i

and this

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/indiana-jones-i/3651/overlay-for-indiana-jones-i

#2309 6 years ago

thanks for the info but the small one looks like it would be hard to match all the way around. I think I can just make a small water slide of the collar area and you well hardly notice it after clear coat. the scan will be great when you get a chance. I know your busy making my ramp cover and ruins !

#2310 6 years ago

I got one thanks.. Lior keep working on those Indy mods!

#2311 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I got one thanks.. Lior keep working on those Indy mods!

hahah thanks

#2312 6 years ago

Why a scan? I've send you the complete playfield in hires scan yesterday?

#2313 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Why a scan? I've send you the complete playfield in hires scan yesterday?

Ya I didn't see that until after I got home. Nice thanks again

#2314 6 years ago

Quick update about idol assembly:
After several attempts, size and shape is OK. The entrance is reinforced, original is too thin and fragile.
This one is going to move into IJ in a pub - will be a kind of stress test.
Lock design/printing is scheduled for next week.

20170928_073448 (resized).jpg20170928_073448 (resized).jpg

20170926_115813 (resized).jpg20170926_115813 (resized).jpg

#2315 6 years ago

Excellent job... hope the stress test will bring you useful results.

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

After several attempts, size and shape is OK. The entrance is reinforced, original is too thin and fragile.

Great job!

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Looking forward to getting together a big order from the USA of these parts to save international shipping. Should we start a list? I'm in for one of each.

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Looking forward to getting together a big order from the USA of these parts to save international shipping. Should we start a list? I'm in for one of each.

Thank you guys for nice words.
About list, let's wait for feedback from operator.
I am going to create clear version too. With this way, you can install any color mod below the idol. Does it make sense?

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thank you guys for nice words.
About list, let's wait for feedback from operator.
I am going to create clear version too. With this way, you can install any color mod below the idol. Does it make sense?

Yes it does. Thank you for doing this!

#2320 6 years ago

Great idea and think about an option to install some lighting?

#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Great idea and think about an option to install some lighting?

Any advice? Outer holders for led strips, or...?

#2322 6 years ago

Holes for the screws or for lamp sockets... yes, something like that.

#2323 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

My Indy is in million pieces, I have no idea how much space we have around this plastic.
Do you have good pictures about this?

#2324 6 years ago

No good pictures, but there's space in some areas, you will see if you reassemble Indy again.

DSCN4402 (resized).JPGDSCN4402 (resized).JPG

DSCN4403 (resized).JPGDSCN4403 (resized).JPG

DSCN4363 (resized).JPGDSCN4363 (resized).JPG

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

No good pictures, but there's space in some areas, you will see if you reassemble Indy again.

Thanks, this helps in advance. I will check how can we add some guide or bracket.

#2326 6 years ago

I've got a prototype anyone know anything about these? How many were made? etc..

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I've got a prototype anyone know anything about these? How many were made? etc..

Its probably a sample game?
Prototypes are often unfinished and have stickers for playfield items.

After prototyping these games are often redone to become samples or even production models.

Does it have red pc boards? and stainless POA rails and the lights for the jackpots in the speaker panel?

Mine sample has these and the ROM version is P-1, also a proto serial number on the back.

If the game is all stock and in good condition its somewhat collectible.

#2328 6 years ago

Maybe your prototype game has another detail on the playfield... very rare are playfields with:
• Indy Senior called Dad instead of Dr. Jones
• The wings besides Eternal Life are different
• The insert super Jackpot is different
• POA has borders in stainless steel instead of red Plastics
• Game ROM Revision is earlier than L-3 and labeled with P for prototype
• Speaker Panel has a circuit board with bulbs for ARK, Cup and Stone on it
• Backpanel has always the lost plastic with a circuit board with bulbs on it

#2329 6 years ago

Does anybody that removed their metal deflector at the mode start scoop like to sell it? I need one for Popeye and it's the same part, 01-11160. Marco has it listed for $5 but is out of stock and I can't find anyone that has it. Thanks!

#2330 6 years ago

Begin to protect the playfield with Mylar:

• Slingshot left and right
• Drop targets

DSCN4922 (resized).JPGDSCN4922 (resized).JPG

DSCN4919 (resized).JPGDSCN4919 (resized).JPG

DSCN4920 (resized).JPGDSCN4920 (resized).JPG

Next step is the airball protector above the drop targets - still waiting for delivery of my prototypes.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Begin to protect the playfield with Mylar:
• Slingshot left and right
• Drop targets

Next step is the airball protector above the drop targets - still waiting for delivery of my prototypes.

Nice job! Do you recommend installing Mylar where the ball drops from the mini playfield saucers?

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice job! Do you recommend installing Mylar where the ball drops from the mini playfield saucers?

Round mylar disks should always be applied where the ball drops, in between the pop bumpers and anywhere the ball falls off a ledge.

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I consider to create an option: brackets for BA9s bayonet sockets. Easy to install, you can apply dozens of colors, clear, frosted, giraffe neck and many more.
Is this the preferred way?

#2334 6 years ago

Good idea with the BA9 socket.

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Does anybody that removed their metal deflector at the mode start scoop like to sell it? I need one for Popeye and it's the same part, 01-11160. Marco has it listed for $5 but is out of stock and I can't find anyone that has it. Thanks!

Just an FYI to everyone with this game: I've contacted Kerry at Mantis Amusements about the fact that this part is currently unobtainium, and he's agreed to make a repro part. I'm going to send him my deflector to use as a template, and he should have the part available relatively soon for anyone that would need it for IJ, Popeye, or any other game that uses that style deflector.

Beelzeboob: Saving pinball one part at a time.

#2337 6 years ago

Nope. (Mine has a magnet riveted on the back that HEP put there in an attempt to solve the mode hole rejection problem.)

20171001_204343 (resized).jpg20171001_204343 (resized).jpg

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just an FYI to everyone with this game: I've contacted Kerry at Mantis Amusements about the fact that this part is currently unobtainium, and he's agreed to make a repro part. I'm going to send him my deflector to use as a template, and he should have the part available relatively soon for anyone that would need it for IJ, Popeye, or any other game that uses that style deflector.
Beelzeboob: Saving pinball one part at a time.

Beelzeboob: "Remove the scoop you simpletons, you don't need it!"
Beelzeboob: "We need more scoops, they're unobtainum!"

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Beelzeboob: "Remove the scoop you simpletons, you don't need it!"
Beelzeboob: "We need more scoops, they're unobtainum!"

I would call you a dick but you're bigger than me. No...I was trying to help out another Pinsider who was looking for one and PM'ed me about it (see above). Then I saw there's a whole thread about this part going back two years and people have paid insane prices on Ebay to get them. So I figure let's let Mantis make them and sell them for a normal price again.

Just one of the many services I offer. The other ones are usually in bathroom stalls when Taxman is nearby.

#2340 6 years ago

Now here's my airball protector for the drop targets... material is Vivak, more flexible and stable as Plexi.

DSCN4923 (resized).JPGDSCN4923 (resized).JPG

DSCN4924 (resized).JPGDSCN4924 (resized).JPG

DSCN4928 (resized).JPGDSCN4928 (resized).JPG

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Now here's my airball protector for the drop targets... material is Vivak, more flexible and stable as Plexi.

Nice! Now we have an EU source

#2342 6 years ago

Averell, any chance to PM me the link to playfield and POA scan?

Thanks!

#2343 6 years ago

i want to buy a color dmd and my machine is early production so i have the jackpot board and the cut outs in the wood. which color dmd looks better and which one i can install? the led or the lcd?

#2344 6 years ago

liorillusion this topic comes up a lot, and I'll let others chime in. The consensus I have is newer machines LCD older led if you want to retain part of the classic dot matrix look, I'm putting an led in my Indy

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

liorillusion this topic comes up a lot, and I'll let others chime in. The consensus I have is newer machines LCD older led if you want to retain part of the classic dot matrix look, I'm putting an led in my Indy

Thanks but i dont think the size of the dots are the same... im working a lot with led panels

Any other suggestion? Also about the jackpot board

#2346 6 years ago

liorillusion I have an led and looks to be same matrix to me but I can look close this evening

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i want to buy a color dmd and my machine is early production so i have the jackpot board and the cut outs in the wood. which color dmd looks better and which one i can install? the led or the lcd?

Lior, based on your taste, go for LCD. Much "softer", able to display any colors.

About jackpot board:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-indy-jones-jackpot-lights-board

#2348 6 years ago

Be careful, if you have the prototype Panel you must take a closer look to the space between the DMD (LCD,LED doesn't matter) and the Jackpot board.
The original board doesn't fit between Panel and DMD, you need a small LED-reproduction board.
Another problem is that the standard bulbs become to hot and will damage the DMD and the Panel, sooner or later.
Believe me, this is the only one solution to combine DMD and Jackpot with new better engineering.

DSCN2996 (resized).JPGDSCN2996 (resized).JPG

DSCN2409 (resized).JPGDSCN2409 (resized).JPG

DSCN2998 (resized).JPGDSCN2998 (resized).JPG

DSCN3000 (resized).JPGDSCN3000 (resized).JPG

DSCN3003 (resized).JPGDSCN3003 (resized).JPG

DSCN3008 (resized).JPGDSCN3008 (resized).JPG

DSCN3025 (resized).JPGDSCN3025 (resized).JPG

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Be careful, if you have the prototype Panel you must take a closer look to the space between the DMD (LCD,LED doesn't matter) and the Jackpot board.
The original board doesn't fit between Panel and DMD, you need a small LED-reproduction board.
Another problem is that the standard bulbs become to hot and will damage the DMD and the Panel, sooner or later.
Believe me, this is the only one solution to combine DMD and Jackpot with new better engineering.

Nice job! I would like to do the same to mine. How did you do the cut outs? Do you have to do the exact shapes? Would it be possible for me to just cut or drill 3 small circles or squares, enough for the led's to illuminate the panel?

#2350 6 years ago

Original the Panel has three big rectangular holes.

Proto-Speakerpanel (resized).jpgProto-Speakerpanel (resized).jpg

The Problem is that the small LED reproduction will not work properly because the holes are too big.

I transmit the symbols from the Panel to the Board and cut out the outlines only.

DSCN2986 (resized).JPGDSCN2986 (resized).JPG

DSCN2988 (resized).JPGDSCN2988 (resized).JPG

DSCN2990 (resized).JPGDSCN2990 (resized).JPG

DSCN2987 (resized).JPGDSCN2987 (resized).JPG

DSCN2996 (resized).JPGDSCN2996 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.