Topic Stats

• 4,898 posts
  • 400 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Trogdor
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,609 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

POA Opto (resized).PNG
IMG_5418 (resized).jpg
powdercoat3 (resized).jpg
powdercoat2 (resized).jpg
powdercoat1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191104_173703 (resized).jpg
A0D2BB26-A1D6-4C65-A705-A835CD5C2A88 (resized).png
4ADEDD84-240B-4EBE-A9E4-966DDD0E65AE (resized).png
83401F22-38CA-4B6C-8C60-195C68084CFB (resized).jpeg
4166D76B-A850-468F-9160-B9BEC47252CA (resized).jpeg
917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG

There are 4898 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 98.
#2151 2 years ago

The link below takes you to a little demonstration I posted of some holes pre-drilled and glued

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nosnew-playfields-available-as-of-june-5/page/4

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Boob,
Yes, I used a dremmel and glue kit I bought from Ron. I also bought brad drill bits from Lee Valley Tools. The kit is great and makes removing clear fast, easy and stress free. I tried using the brad drill bits to relieve clear around the holes but they are a bit too harsh for my taste. It is almost impossible to judge when you cut the clear and are about to hit bare wood with them. The only time I use the brad drill bits now is to remove clear from inside the hole only.
Ron's dremmel bits are excellent for removing the clear on top of the hole so your screws don't touch clear when you install them and cause any halos. The bits are super easy to work with. Just light pressure on the dremmel (low speed) and let the bit do its job. The kit comes with different sized bits for different applications. Some are great for tiny holes, some are great for bigger holes and some are great for pop bumper nail/screw holes and so on and so forth. My apologies to you Boob. As much as I would love to share pics of the dremmel bits, Ron, very politely, asked me not to post pictures of his kit. I'm sure he has his reasons. I could possibly post pics of a hole drilled out and how to apply the glue to it. If you are on the fence about buying his kit, trust me, it is worth every penny. I'm sure the pros don't need it but for a rookie like myself, it is very very helpful. Thanks!

Totally understood. I had forgotten Ron had requested that. No worries!

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you guys think of this yellow look for the pop bumpers?

I like it. Normally that area is a bit dark. What about yellow, but transparent body, with some light inside?

image_15274_1_484x484 (resized).jpg

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I like it. Normally that area is a bit dark. What about yellow, but transparent body, with some light inside?

Been looking for something just like that! Only found the solid yellow....

#2155 2 years ago

I did yellow, orange, yellow with led rings.

20170821_201832 (resized).jpg

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I did yellow, orange, yellow with led rings.

You should post a picture with the machine off

#2157 2 years ago

Do you guys know how to get rid of the ball trail on the idol plastic assembly? Should I sand it? I did a good job cleaning the entire thing with simple green but the ball trail seems impossible to get rid off!

Also, does anybody know what goes into this tiny hole in the middle? See pictures. This tiny hole sits behind the ball guide on the left and under the plastic pictured. I took lots of pics but seems I missed this spot. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

IMG_2272 (resized).JPG

IMG_2276 (resized).JPG

IMG_2278 (resized).PNG

#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you guys know how to get rid of the ball trail on the idol plastic assembly? Should I sand it? I did a good job cleaning the entire thing with simple green but the ball trail seems impossible to get rid off!
Also, does anybody know what goes into this tiny hole in the middle? See pictures. This tiny hole sits behind the ball guide on the left and under the plastic pictured. I took lots of pics but seems I missed this spot. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

novus novus nouvs. if you still have it you can use water sand paper 1500-2000 i did mine by only novus

and look in my photo... its looks like a 47 bulb

20170625_171859 (resized).jpg

#2159 2 years ago

As lior has said, novus. But to be more specific, start with novus 1 and see how good it can get. I had similar trails on my POTD in my LOTR. Novus 1 wasn't enough, so i had to bring out the big guns, Novus 2 (well, technically Novus 3 is the big guns but I've never had to use that on a pin yet). After a thorough polishing with many cycles of Novus 2, back to Novus 1 for a final shine/polish. Lior also hinted at it when stating "Novus, Novus, Novus", but if you haven't done this before be sure to allow a lot of time. It's a slower process than you might think.

I applaud you on this restore. Those trails will never be seen, but you'll know they're there. Great job!!

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

novus novus nouvs. if you still have it you can use water sand paper 1500-2000 i did mine by only novus
and look in my photo... its looks like a 47 bulb

Thank you for the tip! I mean the tiny little hole just below the bulb. See picture

IMG_2279 (resized).PNG

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you for the tip! I mean the tiny little hole just below the bulb. See picture

ohhhh. nothing goes there....

20170625_171536 (resized).jpg

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

As lior has said, novus. But to be more specific, start with novus 1 and see how good it can get. I had similar trails on my POTD in my LOTR. Novus 1 wasn't enough, so i had to bring out the big guns, Novus 2 (well, technically Novus 3 is the big guns but I've never had to use that on a pin yet). After a thorough polishing with many cycles of Novus 2, back to Novus 1 for a final shine/polish. Lior also hinted at it when stating "Novus, Novus, Novus", but if you haven't done this before be sure to allow a lot of time. It's a slower process than you might think.
I applaud you on this restore. Those trails will never be seen, but you'll know they're there. Great job!!

Thank you very much! Yes, I just cannot put it back on the playfield until I can get it as perfect as possible! I love IJ and I have poured my heart and soul into this restoration.

#2163 2 years ago

ohhhh. nothing goes there....

Thank you Lior!!! Great help! Now I can finish that side of the playfield

#2164 2 years ago

I have never used Novus 2 or 3 before. What is the best way to apply it? Let it dry and remove?

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have never used Novus 2 or 3 before. What is the best way to apply it? Let it dry and remove?

so what you did until now?

#2166 2 years ago

so what you did until now?
» YouTube video

I just cleaned it with simple green

#2167 2 years ago

What is the best way to change the bulbs on the POA? Damn what a P-I-T-A!!!!!!

#2169 2 years ago

Its removed. Some sockets are at a weird angle which makes it extra difficult to remove and install new led's

#2170 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can buy a trough transmitter board? They seem to be out of stock wherever I check!

Mine is hacked to death!

A-16927

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone run into an issue where the attract sounds work but attract music doesn't when both are set to on? I get the trumpet type sound every so often with the dcs logo but no theme music periodically. A few days ago it was working. I changed battery with power off but went back into settings and turned on.
Another question, matter of taste I guess but to add blades or not ?
what is the preferred method of back box lighting so you can actually see the lost plastic?
Thanks!

Nobody has had this happen with attract mode sound/music?

#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Anyone know where I can buy a trough transmitter board? They seem to be out of stock wherever I check!
Mine is hacked to death!
A-16927

Found them at Little Shop of Games fyi. Marco/Life/Bay/Ks all out.

#2173 2 years ago

Hey guys can anyone tell me what's going on with the black lines on my playfield.

IMG_1543 (resized).JPG

IMG_1542 (resized).JPG

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys can anyone tell me what's going on with the black lines on my playfield.

I'm no expert but it looks like tiny cracks in the clear coat that have filled with dirt.

#2175 2 years ago

Do they clean up with wax or novus?

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Do they clean up with wax or novus?

Haven't tried wax. Novus 2 doesnt work

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Haven't tried wax. Novus 2 doesnt work

Magic Eraser and 92+% Isopropyl Alcohol.

BEFORE you do that go to Vid's Guide for cleaning playfields FIRST. Should be listed in the first post.

#2179 2 years ago

Bump for cosmo buying a house!
Great seller!

#2180 2 years ago

here is the new color design for my ramp mod.
for more info and sign in:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

ij ramp color 3 (resized).jpg

ij ramp color 3 g (resized).jpg

we need 25 people to start the first run. discount until Friday!

#2181 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

That looks amazing Lior!

#2182 2 years ago

You know what the worst part about that mod is? That it's so nice, it makes the one on the other side look like shit. And that's the greatest compliment I can give you. So you really need to make one for the right side as well.

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know what the worst part about that mod is? That it's so nice, it makes the one on the other side look like shit. And that's the greatest compliment I can give you. So you really need to make one for the right side as well.

hahah thanks man! did you saw my post? im also working on the idol ruins its will be ready in 2 weeks. also mini pf rails. plane. back bridge. lite jackpot and more

BTW this is the orange...

20170902_194237 (resized).jpg

#2184 2 years ago

hahah thanks man! did you saw my post? im also working on the idol ruins its will be ready in 2 weeks. also mini pf rails. plane. back bridge. lite jackpot and more
BTW this is the orange...

after seeing this picture of the orange, I think this is the best look for the game whether you replace idol ruins or not.

It just blends in with the overall color theme and doesn't look out of place.

The grey is nice but I think it is such a large part that it looks a bit out of place.

Just my opinion of course.

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

after seeing this picture of the orange, I think this is the best look for the game whether you replace idol ruins or not.
The grey is nice but I think it is such a large part that it looks a bit out of place.

1000000% agree...

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

yes.... you can also take the idol ruins in grey after like it was in the movie and its will looks perfect!

#2187 2 years ago

Was able to get Joe at pingraffix to run me off a set of their decals. I was on the fence about installing these. But i have to say it really is a nice addition to the overall theme.

after (resized).png

before (resized).png

#2188 2 years ago

Looks really great. Is see you got the airball mod on. Good stuff. I never knew they made those decals.

#2189 2 years ago

Ya dude!! djshakes can't wait to play it and not have balls fly all over the place

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Looks really great. Is see you got the airball mod on. Good stuff. I never knew they made those decals.

Airball mod is great! Stopped all air balls 100% since I installed.

Much more enjoyable and nice to not have to worry about damage!

#2191 2 years ago

My Indy blew up in a strange way last night at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show. Has a rottendog driver board, Pinsound and ColorDMD led. Played fine for 2 days. The women’s tournament wanted to use it and I obliged. They shut it off during someone else’s game and quickly turned it back on. No boot. No 5v. Fuse was checked and was good.

I assume it is the LM1085 regulator which isn’t a big deal or one of the large diodes that replicates the bridge recitifier.

My question is what the heck could have caused this to happen?

I swapped in an original WPC driver board I happen to have on hand and got the game back up and running.

Just looking for thoughts to prevent this from happening in the future.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

My Indy blew up in a strange way last night at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show. Has a rottendog driver board, Pinsound and ColorDMD led. Played fine for 2 days. The women’s tournament wanted to use it and I obliged. They shut it off during someone else’s game and quickly turned it back on. No boot. No 5v. Fuse was checked and was good.
I assume it is the LM1085 regulator which isn’t a big deal or one of the large diodes that replicates the bridge recitifier.
My question is what the heck could have caused this to happen?
I swapped in an original WPC driver board I happen to have on hand and got the game back up and running.
Just looking for thoughts to prevent this from happening in the future.

Power surge + flaky power onsite. Maybe plug into a surge suppressor?

#2193 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Power surge + flaky power onsite. Maybe plug into a surge suppressor?

It was plugged in to an APC AVR voltage regulator.

#2194 2 years ago

Ive seen that this craked area near marion is very common problem on Indiana Jones, any way to fix it? Along the time goes, is going to get worst i guess..

pasted_image (resized).png

#2195 2 years ago

My Indy just won Best of Show at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show.

4E7B7B49-7B07-43B6-9620-6B5B791B966F (resized).jpeg
141B7CAE-9592-4C8F-BF54-808CE4425F22 (resized).jpeg

#2196 2 years ago

681 plays in 4 days. Airball deflector did not survive.

4706A7B0-BEB7-4008-B274-9FD5A9E45CB2 (resized).jpeg

D517CB60-91F8-4741-9B1A-E630E2ABE245 (resized).jpeg

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

My Indy just won Best of Show at the Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show.

Great job on your Indy!

#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Great job on your Indy!

Thanks. Just glad yours wasn’t set up to play!

It kept going credit dot free for 4 days with only 3 hiccups.

1 bad switch on the left ramp.
The right ramp diverter is now loose and not moving correctly
An inrush of current seems to have blown the 5v on a rottendog driver, but luckily I had an original williams spare that kept it going.

skypilot thanks for recording your restoration seminar. I watched the hardtop section and am looking forward to the rest before I tackle my next budget restoration, Fish Tales, for next years show.

#2199 2 years ago

Finished with the "major refresh" restore of my indy. Here are the before pictures:

IMG_0205 (resized).JPG

Indy-06 (resized).jpg

DSC06155 (resized).JPG

IMG_0213 (resized).JPG

#2200 2 years ago

Here are the after pictures. I did a ton of cleaning, refreshing and replacing playfield items that were yellowed or broken, as well as re-building coil assemblies and installed all Comet LEDs

DSC06343 (resized).JPG

DSC06339 (resized).JPG

DSC06346 (resized).JPG

DSC06345 (resized).JPG

DSC06347 (resized).JPG

DSC06348 (resized).JPG

DSC06349 (resized).JPG

DSC06350 (resized).JPG

DSC06351 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
There are 4898 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 98.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside