IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 234.
#2101 6 years ago

It's absolutely confusing, but it's correct, all of them and lots of other Pins have these guides, too.
More wicked is the fact that the small metal flags of the guides squeeze into the playfield.
I often use small washer between playfield and guides to protect the surface.

#2102 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

It's absolutely confusing, but it's correct, all of them and lots of other Pins have these guides, too.
More wicked is the fact that the small metal flags of the guides squeeze into the playfield.
I often use small washer between playfield and guides to protect the surface.

Wow! So for sure, the smaller guides just sit there with nothing holding it or securing it? I just don't see the purpose, but oh well. I would've been nice to secure them with a nut. I guess the 2 self tapping screws on that guide will have to do. I'll PM you soon about those restoration pics. Thanks man!

#2103 6 years ago

When I first saw these small guide lane I thougt the screw was broken.
I talked to some other Indy Players and they confirm that these parts are original.

Be fast, I'm on vacation next week.

#2104 6 years ago

I made a rookie mistake and installed the pop bumper screws before the ball guides which must be pounded in, preferably on a solid workbench. Sooooo, The pop bumper screws are sticking out. Would it be OK to pound the ball guides in with the playfield sitting on the rotisserie? Will that hurt anything? I know I got limited options

#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I made a rookie mistake and installed the pop bumper screws before the ball guides which must be pounded in, preferably on a solid workbench. Sooooo, The pop bumper screws are sticking out. Would it be OK to pound the ball guides in with the playfield sitting on the rotisserie? Will that hurt anything? I know I got limited options

I think you should be ok, as long as you using something to support the impact from the underside, so the impact can be absorbed locally and not shake the whole playfield if that makes sense.

#2106 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I think you should be ok, as long as you using something to support the impact from the underside, so the impact can be absorbed locally and not shake the whole playfield if that makes sense.

Thanks! Yes that makes perfect sense. I installed 2 ball guides last night. Used a rubber mallet to tap them in. It went pretty well. Last 2 should be done tonight. Thanks!

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You don’t have to pound in pop bumper screws at all! Just use a nut on the underside of the playfield and tighten it from below to slowly draw the screw in perfectly flush. You’ll never have to hammer them if you use this way. Much easier, and much less stressful.

Marc

#2108 6 years ago

Just letting you all know that lior is making a super cool mod for the left ramp. I believe he is going to have a pre-order soon. I think this ramp mod is very cool indeed. It fits that area of the game very well

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

#2109 6 years ago

Finally got my IJ back together. ColorDMD is on the way.

8089CCA6-0D19-4823-9513-B598C757E83E (resized).jpeg8089CCA6-0D19-4823-9513-B598C757E83E (resized).jpeg

#2110 6 years ago

Hello all! Sorry if wrong place, but looking for answer.
Anybody experience a problem with the idol where ,before release from idol, there is a low bass buzz and door lock does not go down? Idol spins a few times and door/gate does not go down. Mostly happens after about 10 games, but not consistent. Tests all pass, optos clean. Thanks

#2111 6 years ago

Check OPTO-Electronic, both flipper OPTO-Electronics and 10 OPTO-Board, often 12 Volt connector is faulty.

#2112 6 years ago

Thanks. I will give them a look.

#2113 6 years ago

This is my first time doing a full restoration. Yesterday I installed the back panel and found out securing the playfield to the rotisserie is a bit more complicated now in this corner specifically. The clamps I'm using are too big and don't fit that area anymore. I'm a little hesitant to use C-clamps because I feel they might be a bit too rough on the playfield? I really would like to keep the back panel installed (rather than installing it later) because it will be much more difficult to install it once more stuff is added to the playfield. I had to remove the playfield from the rotisserie to install the back panel since the perforated angle that holds the playfield gets in the way below. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks!

Playfield assembly is coming along nicely btw

IMG_2194 (resized).JPGIMG_2194 (resized).JPG

IMG_2190 (resized).JPGIMG_2190 (resized).JPG

#2114 6 years ago

Dead foam added to the mode start hole ball guide

Should I add more?

IMG_2209 (resized).JPGIMG_2209 (resized).JPG

IMG_2210 (resized).JPGIMG_2210 (resized).JPG

#2115 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Should I add more?

Wait, there is a metal deflector that goes in front of the ball guide. Shouldn’t you add the foam to that? I can’t see how the ball would ever hit foam in your current spot...

#2116 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Should I add more?

Wait, there is a metal deflector that goes in front of the ball guide. Shouldn’t you add the foam to that? I can’t see how the ball would ever hit foam in your current spot...

#2117 6 years ago

Don't do that - look at my solution - it work's.
Just use the same metal part from the ohter hole, cut it aprox. 3-5 mm and bend it a little bit down.
Catching 8 of 10 balls with this assembly.

DSCN4692 (resized).JPGDSCN4692 (resized).JPG

DSCN4647 (resized).JPGDSCN4647 (resized).JPG

#2118 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Remove the deflector...

#2119 6 years ago

And make sure to protect the switch under the POA to prevent short circuits in the switch matrix.

DSCN4445 (resized).JPGDSCN4445 (resized).JPG

#2120 6 years ago

Nice ideas but it has been my understanding all along that the only 100% solution to this problem is to remove the deflector and add foam. I sure hope boob can comment on this (for the 100th time)

#2121 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And make sure to protect the switch under the POA to prevent short circuits in the switch matrix.

I like your protector for the switch! You should sell some. What material did you use?

#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I got the deflector polished but I think I'm going with the foam solution this this time

#2123 6 years ago

Material is 2 mm spring steel.

DSCN4393 (resized).JPGDSCN4393 (resized).JPG

DSCN4394 (resized).JPGDSCN4394 (resized).JPG

DSCN4395 (resized).JPGDSCN4395 (resized).JPG

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Please someone, 3d print this part.
Great idea Averell

#2125 6 years ago

The switch protector is great. But the deflector needs to be taken out. I'd add more along the left side...I think I put it out until about an inch from the front, but I need to check my machine to see.

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The switch protector is great. But the deflector needs to be taken out. I'd add more along the left side...I think I put it out until about an inch from the front, but I need to check my machine to see.

Its pinball, game supposed to be hard.
Leave deflector in, add small piece of dead foam to it. Or leave it factory. Game at 6 1/2 deg youll make that shot plenty of times.

#2127 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks! Please do

#2128 6 years ago

This again with the mode start discussion?! Remove plate, put some foam where the plate was, put your game back together and play the damn thing. One micrometer more/less of foam isn't going to break the mode start.

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its pinball, game supposed to be hard.
Leave deflector in, add small piece of dead foam to it. Or leave it factory. Game at 6 1/2 deg youll make that shot plenty of times.

Again...this is a design flaw that Mark Ritchie has acknowledged. Has nothing to do with making the game easier. And my game is pitched over 7 degrees to make it really fast. Why should I suffer and hate the game because of a design flaw? Fix the thing, pitch it the way you want, and enjoy.

If you had a scoop eject that shot the ball STDM, would you just leave it?

#2130 6 years ago

My foam goes along the left side to the front lip of the hole btw.

#2131 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My foam goes along the left side to the front lip of the hole btw.

Thanks!

#2132 6 years ago

REMOVE THE DEFLECTOR!!!! END Discussion. Not this all over again.

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

i cant take my mini pf out right now but if someone can send me the size of this thing i will be happy to make one in 3d and to give it for free

#2134 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i cant take my mini pf out right now but if someone can send me the size of this thing i will be happy to make one in 3d and to give it for free

Lior to the rescue! I'll buy one if you make them

#2135 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Lior to the rescue! I'll buy one if you make them

no need to buy. i will make them for free. only if its ok to Averell i can also make them for him and he can sell them. this is not my idea and not my item so i don't want to make or sell something who's not mine...

BTW if anyone wants any rescue with parts he cant find or wants to make. i'm offer my service for free! i have laser cutter and 3d printers and some skills... i'm not going to take 5 cents for that. also because its license and also because its not my idea. but im not going to make something someone else selling or making. i just want to make this hobby more nice and more fun

#2136 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

no need to buy. i will make them for free. only if its ok to averell i can also make them for him and he can sell them. this is not my idea and not my item so i don't want to make or sell something who's not mine...
BTW if anyone wants any rescue with parts he cant find or wants to make. i'm offer my service for free! i have laser cutter and 3d printers and some skills... i'm not going to take 5 cents for that. also because its license and also because its not my idea. but im not going to make something someone else selling or making. i just want to make this hobby more nice and more fun

Class act

#2137 6 years ago

Dear all,

please feel free to make this little protector to make Indy much more playable - and I don't want to have anything.
This is just a hobby and we all want to have fun and a great time, so go on.
But I'm glad to be asked for - thank you guys.

#2138 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Dear all,
please feel free to make this little protector to make Indy much more playable - and I don't want to have anything.
This is just a hobby and we all want to have fun and a great time, so go on.
But I'm glad to be asked for - thank you guys.

Can you provide the measurements to Lior?

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Should I add more?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again...this is a design flaw that Mark Ritchie has acknowledged. Has nothing to do with making the game easier. And my game is pitched over 7 degrees to make it really fast. Why should I suffer and hate the game because of a design flaw? Fix the thing, pitch it the way you want, and enjoy.
If you had a scoop eject that shot the ball STDM, would you just leave it?

This current mod looks very much like a JJP outhole setup, sans the routed out rear area. It works perfectly.
I would put mylar over the paint in the rear of the hole, maybe 2 layers. Or use a modified steel Cliffy off a hobbit or WOZ for this area for protection.

#2140 6 years ago

Anyone run into an issue where the attract sounds work but attract music doesn't when both are set to on? I get the trumpet type sound every so often with the dcs logo but no theme music periodically. A few days ago it was working. I changed battery with power off but went back into settings and turned on.

Another question, matter of taste I guess but to add blades or not ?

what is the preferred method of back box lighting so you can actually see the lost plastic?

Thanks!

#2141 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Don't put the deflector in. For sure not. I tried everything. No deflector is best.

#2142 6 years ago

Can someone please explain how the speaker panel jackpot lights are supposed to work? Do they just mirror the same lights on the playfield?

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, I made them and they are available to you. NO MORE AIRBALLS. These are laser cut to perfection and predrilled. Simply bolt on and you will NEVER have an air ball again.
$25 shipped for both pieces.
To order send regular paypal payment to [email protected] (underscore between "r" and "b" "mr_b...."). The link underline hides the underscore. Include your address and a reference ij airballs mod.

These work great!

No more air balls, thank you for making!

#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can someone please explain how the speaker panel jackpot lights are supposed to work? Do they just mirror the same lights on the playfield?

Yes, they plug into the duplicate pins on the MPU board. So they operate in unison with the ones on th playfield.

#2145 6 years ago

Lior is now taking pre-orders for the cool ramp mod he just finished! The more pre-orders he gets, the lower the price! If you are interested click on the link below page 4

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

IMG_2242 (resized).PNGIMG_2242 (resized).PNG

IMG_2243 (resized).PNGIMG_2243 (resized).PNG

#2146 6 years ago

What do you guys think of this yellow look for the pop bumpers?

IMG_2251 (resized).JPGIMG_2251 (resized).JPG

IMG_2252 (resized).JPGIMG_2252 (resized).JPG

IMG_2253 (resized).JPGIMG_2253 (resized).JPG

IMG_2254 (resized).JPGIMG_2254 (resized).JPG

#2147 6 years ago

This guy keeps a close eye on the restoration

IMG_2258 (resized).PNGIMG_2258 (resized).PNG

#2148 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you guys think of this yellow look for the pop bumpers?

I like it

#2149 6 years ago

Dear Mr. K. Freak:

Could you post pictures of the drill bits you used to relieve the clear around the playfield holes? Did you get your kit from Ron? He sells a 3-pack that's terrific. Just wondering what method YOU used to take care of the clearcoat. Thanks.

Your Friend,
Boob.

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dear Mr. K. Freak:
Could you post pictures of the drill bits you used to relieve the clear around the playfield holes? Did you get your kit from Ron? He sells a 3-pack that's terrific. Just wondering what method YOU used to take care of the clearcoat. Thanks.
Your Friend,
Boob.

Boob,

Yes, I used a dremmel and glue kit I bought from Ron. I also bought brad drill bits from Lee Valley Tools. The kit is great and makes removing clear fast, easy and stress free. I tried using the brad drill bits to relieve clear around the holes but they are a bit too harsh for my taste. It is almost impossible to judge when you cut the clear and are about to hit bare wood with them. The only time I use the brad drill bits now is to remove clear from inside the hole only.

Ron's dremmel bits are excellent for removing the clear on top of the hole so your screws don't touch clear when you install them and cause any halos. The bits are super easy to work with. Just light pressure on the dremmel (low speed) and let the bit do its job. The kit comes with different sized bits for different applications. Some are great for tiny holes, some are great for bigger holes and some are great for pop bumper nail/screw holes and so on and so forth. My apologies to you Boob. As much as I would love to share pics of the dremmel bits, Ron, very politely, asked me not to post pictures of his kit. I'm sure he has his reasons. I could possibly post pics of a hole drilled out and how to apply the glue to it. If you are on the fence about buying his kit, trust me, it is worth every penny. I'm sure the pros don't need it but for a rookie like myself, it is very very helpful. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.