IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 235.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the kicker assembly that ejects the ball from Mode?
Mine seems a bit worn, and not exactly kicking it out well, so I figure I'll just put a brand new part in if I can find it.
Thanks

Try a coil sleeve first. And i have a brand new manual if interested.
Added over 7 years ago: Manual Sold.

Added over 7 years ago: Manual Sold.

#1952 6 years ago

Take a look in the manual where all assemblies are shown in detail.

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Try a coil sleeve first. And i have a brand new manual if interested.

How much for the manual?

#1954 6 years ago

Found the parts in the manual, but can't find them online. Marcos is out of stock on everything needed.

Basically the issue is that the eject always shoots the ball out so that it hits the top of the left slingshot, where I know it's supposed to go to the left flipper. So not sure what needs adjusting here.

#1955 6 years ago

What is the trick to get the ball over the top left switch on the mini playfield? I have never been able to get it over there from the ramp. Because of that I now have a credit dot and the message "Check Switch 65, Mini Top Left". The main playfield and glass are level, all the tests of the mini playfield are okay, the top left switch works but the ball just never falls there. Whether the angle of the mini-playfield is in the middle, to the far left or far right before the ball falls, it always falls on the right.

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

What is the trick to get the ball over the top left switch on the mini playfield? I have never been able to get it over there from the ramp. Because of that I now have a credit dot and the message "Check Switch 65, Mini Top Left". The main playfield and glass are level, all the tests of the mini playfield are okay, the top left switch works but the ball just never falls there. Whether the angle of the mini-playfield is in the middle, to the far left or far right before the ball falls, it always falls on the right.

Try bending the metal tabs that direct the ball on to the mini pf.

You can also try changing the level of it by adjusting the small screw at the top of the assembly. Instructions on how to remove the mini pf are in the manual. Pretty simple to do, even for a noob like me.

My mini pf is still not perfectly level. I actually get it to fall down the side I want, then quickly shift side side to settle the ball down, and then it rolls all the way down uninterrupted.

#1957 6 years ago

Hoping someone can help

Had the machine running great and turn it on this evening and got these error msg's

Gnd short row 1 stuck closed
Check switch 34 gun trigger
Gnd short row 1 wht-brn r1
Gnd short row 4 wht- Ylw r4
Gnd short row 5 wht-grn r5

Any ideas as to what the hell is going on all of a sudden?

#1958 6 years ago

Hey guys looking to buy a shaker motor for my Indy. If anyone has one they don't want/use. I'd be happy to buy it off you.

#1959 6 years ago

When aligning the flippers, do you guys use the toothpick holes, or line up to the lane guide?

It seems ever games is different, as well as factoring in personal taste.

Wondering how you all set yours? Right now I have the bat (with rubber off) resting on a toothpick.

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When aligning the flippers, do you guys use the toothpick holes, or line up to the lane guide?
It seems ever games is different, as well as factoring in personal taste.
Wondering how you all set yours? Right now I have the bat (with rubber off) resting on a toothpick.

I line mine up with the lane guide,no ball hop that way.

#1961 6 years ago

Gold idol and black nickel gun installed now,just need to add the brass trim.

IMG_3026 (resized).JPGIMG_3026 (resized).JPG

IMG_3028 (resized).JPGIMG_3028 (resized).JPG

IMG_3027 (resized).JPGIMG_3027 (resized).JPG

#1962 6 years ago

Quick question. I lost my coin door key. I was planning on buying a keyless lock. Indy's lock size is a 7/8 if I'm not mistaken?

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Gold idol and black nickel gun installed now,just need to add the brass trim.

Very nice!

What did you do to the drop target bank? Are those some kind of lighted / glow drop targets?

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Very nice!
What did you do to the drop target bank? Are those some kind of lighted / glow drop targets?

Hey Mike,
Drop targets are clear transparent with the idol image etched in.
Lit up from below with a led strip.
Same for the single drop target.
Looks really good lit up

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Hey Mike,
Drop targets are clear transparent with the idol image etched in.
Lit up from below with a led strip.
Same for the single drop target.
Looks really good lit up

they lok nice where did you get them?

#1966 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

they lok nice where did you get them?

Indypinhead on here makes them,excellent product

1 week later
#1967 6 years ago

So I just cleaned the whole top of the PF on my IJ, installed new plastics and Cliffys but after putting everything back together I am left with the below in the picture...?I cannot see where these should... I wonder if I did mix parts with some other games but it would be strange...
WP_20170721_19_35_15_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20170721_19_35_15_Pro (resized).jpg

Also, does someone has a picture on the underside of the PF where the right ramp plane light connectors is attached? I cannot find the other end of the connector to connect it to strangely?

#1968 6 years ago

Take a look at the small Ramp on the right of the back panel. Left of it there's a plate very similar to yours.

DSCN4489 (resized).JPGDSCN4489 (resized).JPG

#1969 6 years ago

that must be it, thanks a lot!

#1970 6 years ago

I was in the middle of a game when all three speakers started emitting a loud buzzing sound. I could still faintly hear the game call outs in the background; however, the buzzing was drowning them out. No testing errors were reported and the buzzing continues when a game is not in play and during testing mode. If the power is on, the buzz is present. Any suggestions?

#1971 6 years ago

just made this topper/mod for this machine. for more info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-torch-toppermod

ij pinside photos (resized).jpgij pinside photos (resized).jpg

#1972 6 years ago

That's really cool - great idea.

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Very nice!

I make/sell the lit drop targets

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I make/sell the lit drop targets

And there awesome!

#1975 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And there awesome!

Thank you !!!

#1976 6 years ago

Just got my playfield back from HSA! The clear coat looks absolutely perfect! Awesome job by Brian!

IMG_1749 (resized).JPGIMG_1749 (resized).JPG

#1977 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just got my playfield back from HSA! The clear coat looks absolutely perfect! Awesome job by Brian!

That does look nice. Were any paint touchups required also? or only clear coat? I need to disassemble mine and get it cleared, but I think I need a few touchups, but mostly just around the keylines of some of the inserts. Per Vid's guide, I'm assuming all the inserts would need to be checked and glued, etc, though I don't think any are coming up.

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

That does look nice. Were any paint touchups required also? or only clear coat? I need to disassemble mine and get it cleared, but I think I need a few touchups, but mostly just around the keylines of some of the inserts. Per Vid's guide, I'm assuming all the inserts would need to be checked and glued, etc, though I don't think any are coming up.

Yes, the clear coat is just perfect. Not sure if he did any paint touchups yet but if he did, they are very hard to notice

IMG_1758 (resized).JPGIMG_1758 (resized).JPG

#1979 6 years ago

I think the wood grain is sprayed on...there's probably more painted there than you think. He did my Jacks Open, and the wood grain was painted so well I didn't even realize it was fake. Really nice work! If you have a before picture you'd be able to tell.

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the wood grain is sprayed on...there's probably more painted there than you think. He did my Jacks Open, and the wood grain was painted so well I didn't even realize it was fake. Really nice work! If you have a before picture you'd be able to tell.

Pic before it shipped to HSA

IMG_1760 (resized).PNGIMG_1760 (resized).PNG

#1981 6 years ago

Personally, I think the wood structure is a bit to much. But for the rest a real nice playfield

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The cc is nice, but I'm not a fan of the faked wood grain, I noticed it right away.

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

The cc is nice, but I'm not a fan of the faked wood grain, I noticed it right away.

None of the wood grain will be seen when installed in a game, but it looks nice!
I really like the way the shooter lane repairs were addressed, really well done.

#1984 6 years ago

That restored playfield wouldn't look like new without doing something to refresh the original wood areas.

#1985 6 years ago

I don't mind it at all actually. Honestly, it Looks a lot nicer in person. It's all getting covered anyway. Brian did a fantastic job on the inserts as well. The playfield had several ghosting inserts. Brian worked his magic on them and they turned out quite nicely. I'll post some close ups soon

#1986 6 years ago

For those of you that have a clear coated IJ playfield...What (brad point) drill bit sizes are the most commonly used to drill out the clear? I need to drill out each hole to begin my assembly. Most of them are pretty tiny. Took a trip to Lowe's and Home Depot but the only Brad point drill bits they had were way too big for this project. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

For those of you that have a clear coated IJ playfield...What (brad point) drill bit sizes are the most commonly used to drill out the clear? I need to drill out each hole to begin my assembly. Most of them are pretty tiny. Took a trip to Lowe's and Home Depot but the only Brad point drill bits they had were way too big for this project. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are special bits that I bought from Ron Kruzman - very fine diamond headed sanding-type drill bits that relieve the clear without chipping or doing damage. I would contact him and he'll sell you a set (I think it was only $10 or $15) and give you priceless advice to boot. kruzman is his Pinside handle, I think.

Quoted from tonycip:

I can tell you that my Jacks Open looks amazing reassembled, and NOBODY notices that the wood grain is fake. Once you have all of the plastics and everything on, hardly any of it is exposed enough to the player to look fake.

20170728_150349 (resized).jpg20170728_150349 (resized).jpg

#1988 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There are special bits that I bought from Ron Kruzman - very fine diamond headed sanding-type drill bits that relieve the clear without chipping or doing damage. I would contact him and he'll sell you a set (I think it was only $10 or $15) and give you priceless advice to boot. kruzman is his Pinside handle, I think.

I can tell you that my Jacks Open looks amazing reassembled, and NOBODY notices that the wood grain is fake. Once you have all of the plastics and everything on, hardly any of it is exposed enough to the player to look fake.

Thanks for the tip!

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

bit (resized).jpgbit (resized).jpg

I have been using this for years. It cuts the clear in a downward pressure,This alleviates any pulling or tearing,

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I have been using this for years. It cuts the clear in a downward pressure,This alleviates any pulling or tearing,

Looks like a neat tool. I assume there are several sizes for each different hole just like the drill bits? What's the name of this tool? Thanks!

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks like a neat tool. I assume there are several sizes for each different hole just like the drill bits? What's the name of this tool? Thanks!

It is a countersink bit. You only need one size.

#1992 6 years ago

Doesn't that remove too much of the diameter vs. not enough depth? You don't really want the hole to be visible when you put the wireform, etc. in.

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Doesn't that remove too much of the diameter vs. not enough depth? You don't really want the hole to be visible when you put the wireform, etc. in.

I use it to cut through the clear only. I use it on all screw-holes in the play field. If I need to drill a hole I will use a conventional bit second.

#1994 6 years ago

For instance:IMG_4368 (resized).JPGIMG_4368 (resized).JPGIMG_4369 (resized).JPGIMG_4369 (resized).JPGIMG_4370 (resized).JPGIMG_4370 (resized).JPGIMG_4371 (resized).JPGIMG_4371 (resized).JPG

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I use it to cut through the clear only. I use it on all screw-holes in the play field. If I need to drill a hole I will use a conventional bit second.

Great info Skypilot! I'm getting really scared now. This is my first clear coated playfield and I really really don't want to screw it up. I just noticed the pop bumper holes have a lot of clear around them. Not sure if the tool you suggest or a brad drill bit should be used. Others suggest a dremmel stone....so confused

IMG_1763 (resized).PNGIMG_1763 (resized).PNG

#1996 6 years ago

By the way, here is HSA's link to the before and after pics

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa072417indyjonespair.html#grid

#1997 6 years ago

I was under the impression that I only needed to drill out the clear inside the hole only? Not remove clear on the top of the hole like Skypilot did on that hole

#1998 6 years ago

I use that countersink on my pop bumper holes also.

All of my restorations have significant clear on them. I send out my Play-fields, including new ones for additional clearing. If you try to run screws on some of these without pre-drilling,you risk getting lift and separation in the form of a cloudy circle around the protruded area.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I was under the impression that I only needed to drill out the clear inside the hole only? Not remove clear on the top of the hole like Skypilot did on that hole

Ron Kruzman recommends removing the clear all around screws and posts with small diamond dremel bits (that he sells for this purpose) or a very sharp countersink, or brand new american made brad tipped bits.
Then apply thin CA glue (with a fine syringe) to the exposed areas to firm up the wood and glue down any clearcoat edges.

This technique will avoid ghosting or cracking of the clear when screws and posts are tightened up.
Clearcoat can be rock hard in a lot of cases and not bend or flex when screws and posts are applied.
If the clear wont flex it will crack a little where pressure was applied.

It doesnt always happen but its worth mentioning.

Newly coated playfields have a little give to the clearcoat, ghosting is minimized.
5 year old coated playfields can be rock hard, ghosting can happen.

Ron admits he is a little Anal about this but he maybe right when it comes to one of a kind playfields and expensive restorations.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ron Kruzman recommends removing the clear all around screws and posts with small diamond dremel bits (that he sells for this purpose) or a very sharp countersink, or brand new american made brad tipped bits.
Then apply thin CA glue (with a fine syringe) to the exposed areas to firm up the wood and glue down any clearcoat edges.
This technique will avoid ghosting or cracking of the clear when screws and posts are tightened up.
Clearcoat can be rock hard in a lot of cases and not bend or flex when screws and posts are applied.
If the clear wont flex it will crack a little where pressure was applied.
It doesnt always happen but its worth mentioning.
Newly coated playfields have a little give to the clearcoat, ghosting is minimized.
5 year old coated playfields can be rock hard, ghosting can happen.
Ron admits he is a little Anal about this but he maybe right when it comes to one of a kind playfields and expensive restorations.

Thanks for the tip! I'm buying Ron's kit today. I'm also buying his glue kit. Is the glue supposed to be injected between the wood and the clear or anywhere the clear is exposed after drilling?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/40?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.