AFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpeg
873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210925_160223 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211004_161733 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2A5367DD-87E5-40DC-806B-80B6D0F46FA8 (resized).jpeg
9E1EAE18-DEFB-48DB-A0D9-2F1E3C6AFA13 (resized).jpeg
E9B182E5-8B18-4989-8C4D-C86C7332D8D3 (resized).jpeg

There are 9123 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 183.
#151 7 years ago

I just recently took my IJ apart and put new decals on this week. I put everything back together this weekend and everything works except the POA. It only turns to the left at boot and in test. I'm guessing the POA opto board? It worked great before I started the restore. Thoughts?

#152 7 years ago

Or your flipper boards

#153 7 years ago

Maybe try swapping the left and right flipper button opto boards and see if the problem reverses. If so you need to clean or repair one of the optos.

#155 7 years ago

Ok in the Club! Need side art like everyone else. $500 is as good as it gets ?

#156 7 years ago

It seems so, plus postage.

#157 7 years ago

Wondering what Indy owners' views are on buying parts for the future? Specifically I am thinking ones that aren't easily replicated (maybe?) like the POA motor (I've had one fail over the last 10 years) or the idol motor. Things like the ramps and the planes I think at least you can usually patch up, but if those motors go the game is stuffed. I'm thinking like 10 years ahead, when who knows what will be available. Not that keen to shell out $150 for a motor I might not need for a long time though, if ever. I also don't like the idea of hoarding parts for the sake of it, and potentially denying those who may need the part now. But equally I don't want my machine to be unplayable in 10-20 years time because I can't find a key part.

#158 7 years ago

That's part of becoming an antique

3 weeks later
1 week later
#160 7 years ago

I have joined the club!! I'm really excited.

I am fortunate to be able to.buy another pin from Al Warner. His games are immaculate and I have his GnR, which may never leave. In this instance, Al included new cabinet art, Mike Chrstnutt brass side rails, NOS translite, etc etc. It even has a prototype light board to light the paths of adventure on the BG.

Anybody know the best deal for brass lock down bar, apron, and coin door? I want this thing to look like the Arc of Covenant!

#161 7 years ago

I can finally state that I am "in the club" as well. It is a great place to be.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Anybody know the best deal for brass lock down bar, apron, and coin door? I want this thing to look like the Arc of Covenant!

I had mine done by Mike Chestnut.

1 month later
#163 7 years ago

Finally joined this club!
Picked up a fellow pinsiders game yesterday so I'll borrow his pics for now until I get the game torn down for a full shop and all brasswork replated

Cabinet is 10/10 perfect and playfield is pretty close

image-531.jpg
image-285.jpg
image-94.jpg
image-858.jpg
image-904.jpg
image-650.jpg
image-880.jpg

#164 7 years ago

I've had my IJ since 2002 and have never seen the Frog video. I haven't ever completed the Mine Cart mode. Is there and end, or do you just run out of time?

I haven't ever gotten the medallion in the bar game, but I have gotten the extra ball many times.

Getting all 12 modes isn't too hard, but I have never gotten the 1 Billion points before.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I've had my IJ since 2002 and have never seen the Frog video. I haven't ever completed the Mine Cart mode. Is there and end, or do you just run out of time?
I haven't ever gotten the medallion in the bar game, but I have gotten the extra ball many times.
Getting all 12 modes isn't too hard, but I have never gotten the 1 Billion points before.

Wow, I thought I was the only one who couldn't beat that cart mode! Any help here from the experts?

Also, what is everyone's strategy on this game? There are so many different ways to go...would be curious as to what folks' favorite ways to play are...

#166 7 years ago

I've never beaten the cart mode either. Ed

#167 7 years ago

C'mon guys, give that brain some exercise! I beat the cart mode in back-to-back games last night. I also have the chalice game set to hard but almost never miss it (which is too bad, love losing). When I first got the game I thought mine cart was impossible, then I just got better at it. I'm still probably only about 25% on it. For Frog mode, a quick online search says, "you need to start the game with both flipper buttons pressed, and then follow the mine cart mode to crash through the fourth barrier on the right side that shows up." Never done it myself, must try it.

If you want a real challenge, see if you can collect all the prizes from the quick multiball. I've only done it once. It does carry over throughout the game, but that's a lot of captive ball shots.

#168 7 years ago

During mine cart mode, you can ALWAYS go to the right the first 4 times, and the first 3 times of each wave after that. That way you only have to pay attention to the final few gates of each section. Makes it MUCH easier. (expert opinion )

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

C'mon guys, give that brain some exercise! I beat the cart mode in back-to-back games last night.

So what's the end of challenge video and audio?

You should make a video and post it. I'm thinking it's impossible........like the bar mode.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

So what's the end of challenge video and audio?
You should make a video and post it. I'm thinking it's impossible........like the bar mode.

You wouldn't really want a spoiler, would you? Although if you've had it for 12 years...
Maybe in a couple weeks, no access right now. Could do the bar mode as well, although really that one's not that hard. Seems like you just hope the guys don't keep popping up on opposite ends of the bar.

#171 7 years ago

Bar mode became amazingly easier for me once I realized you could hold the button to move back and forth fast instead of mashing it like crazy.

#172 7 years ago

Those video modes are going to be easier once a color DMD becomes available. It is much easier to spot detail when the colors differ.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Bar mode became amazingly easier for me once I realized you could hold the button to move back and forth fast instead of mashing it like crazy.

+1

I've done bar mode a bunch of times,

Yet to complete mine cart lol,

But I've only had the pin 6 days so I can be given a little slack

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

C'mon guys, give that brain some exercise! I beat the cart mode in back-to-back games last night. I also have the chalice game set to hard but almost never miss it (which is too bad, love losing). When I first got the game I thought mine cart was impossible, then I just got better at it. I'm still probably only about 25% on it. For Frog mode, a quick online search says, "you need to start the game with both flipper buttons pressed, and then follow the mine cart mode to crash through the fourth barrier on the right side that shows up." Never done it myself, must try it.
If you want a real challenge, see if you can collect all the prizes from the quick multiball. I've only done it once. It does carry over throughout the game, but that's a lot of captive ball shots.

I think I was able to finish the captive ball mode - the last prize being the Fish of Tayles...

#175 7 years ago

OK, I've finally been able to get the medallion. I must say the reward part of the video, is pretty unimpressive.

Now, I've got to get that darn mine cart reward.

#176 7 years ago

Cool on the medallion. I get that every once in a while. Have never been able to get the mine cart though.

On the plus side, I think these are some of the best vid modes in pinball. Way better than STTNG where I could beat the simulation every single time.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Cool on the medallion. I get that every once in a while. Have never been able to get the mine cart though.

Since learning about holding the flipper down, to move quicker across the bar, I get it more often.

Finishing the mine cart, and Frog Mode, still elude me.

#178 7 years ago

Add me to the group.

IJ is a totally awesome machine. I've been playing the heck out of mine since buying it 2 months ago.

It's a keeper.

#179 7 years ago

Let's talk about drop targets, specifically the 3-drop targets, that sit in front of the Idol Lock hole.

Mine usually drop very slowly, especially the one one the right. Sometimes, they slide down slowly, and have to be hit twice. I removed and totally disassembled the assembly, and cleaned everything with degreaser.

After reassembly, they are not much better. I even changed out the spring on the one that was the worst.

Here's a shot of the assembly bracket, and you can see where the targets have been sliding down the bracket.

Is this normal?

droptarget_plate.jpg

#180 7 years ago

Putting a new stop bar on it might help.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Putting a new stop bar on it might help.

Do your normally drop pretty quickly?

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Mine drop quickly. It sounds like you have something wrong with yours.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Yes.

#184 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the Pinbits LED board on their machine?

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=598&zenid=628b23e0cdf4289b4ac959c080ffe8fd

If so, could you please offer your opinion as well as post a couple pics?

I'm thinking about installing this on my IJ and just wondered if it is worth the cost.

#185 7 years ago

My drops did the same thing when I first brought IJ home, except my far left one was the slowest. There were multiple micro adjustments I made to eliminate the drag. There is a very narrow window of open space where they can drop freely, so for me, it was just trial and error. The most frustrating part for me was getting them to work perfectly while the playfield was up, but back to dragging while lowered. It's not hard, just tedious. Good luck!

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Has anyone installed the Pinbits LED board on their machine?
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=598&zenid=628b23e0cdf4289b4ac959c080ffe8fd
If so, could you please offer your opinion as well as post a couple pics?
I'm thinking about installing this on my IJ and just wondered if it is worth the cost.

I don't have that lighting kit but for the money, maybe check out some of the 12volt LED strips on Ebay. I bought one to use on another game. It was $9.99, and free shipping. Just search for LED RGB 30cm. Note, it needs 12 volts, which can be found on the power driver board and the coin door interface board.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

My drops did the same thing when I first brought IJ home, except my far left one was the slowest. There were multiple micro adjustments I made to eliminate the drag. There is a very narrow window of open space where they can drop freely, so for me, it was just trial and error. The most frustrating part for me was getting them to work perfectly while the playfield was up, but back to dragging while lowered. It's not hard, just tedious. Good luck!

What did you do? About the only thing I can think of is add another washer between the drop targets and the bracket.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I don't have that lighting kit but for the money, maybe check out some of the 12volt LED strips on Ebay. I bought one to use on another game. It was $9.99, and free shipping. Just search for LED RGB 30cm. Note, it needs 12 volts, which can be found on the power driver board and the coin door interface board.

I've installed the 12 volt LED strips in a few of my machines.

I'm just wondering about the pinbits LED board. I'm guessing this mounts behind the back board. The website also states that you have to put a slot in the back board wood. I'm guessing the pinbits LED board shines thru the missing plastic back panel.

#189 7 years ago

The Lost Plastic light board from Pinbits: I was kind of under the impression that this lit the whole lost plastic up, but it’s really just a narrow slot which helps light up the rope bridge and the sun’s rays which continue from this on the lost plastic (one guy has made a Perspex back panel apparently, which would be brilliant backlit, and there are also ones with decals available from pinballcentre.eu but the decal on them is slightly different due to licensing issues and they are expensive). Still, what it does, it does well. And it belongs in the game, being part A-16930 in the manual and included in the prototype games. I bought the board from pinbits – their enhanced LED version. It’s bright, but not distractingly so. The painful part of the installation is cutting a slot in the back of the back panel, which I did (being light on for proper tools) by cutting a series of holes with a spade bit and sanding the whole thing down. Pinbits provided a template for this. It’s important to do this well as a badly cut slot will show up given that it’s filled with light. Then you just screw it in and solder the wires to a GI lamp.
In summary, if you've spent the money on the Lost Plastic, you need to bring out the best of it with this mod - but it only lights a part of it so a LED strip at the back might be a good idea as well.

The jackpot lights from Pinbits are also a good idea to get.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

What did you do? About the only thing I can think of is add another washer between the drop targets and the bracket.

I honestly don't remember anything specific. Do the drops work well when removed from the playfield, or are they sticking on the mechanism itself? Mine worked fine uninstalled, but were dragging against the playfield opening. The whole assembly had to be shifted forward about 1/32". Try to isolate where the pressure is coming from causing the rub against the plate.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

I honestly don't remember anything specific. Do the drops work well when removed from the playfield, or are they sticking on the mechanism itself? Mine worked fine uninstalled, but were dragging against the playfield opening. The whole assembly had to be shifted forward about 1/32". Try to isolate where the pressure is coming from causing the rub against the plate.

Mine are sticking on the bracket, not the playfield.

They do work somewhat better, but not like you would expect a typical drop target to fall.

#192 7 years ago

Back to playing........

I finally got the Frog Mode today. Now I have to complete the Mine Cart mode and get The Fish of Tales.

#193 7 years ago

May try and rejoin the Club Looking for one in MD/PA/VA

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

May try and rejoin the Club Looking for one in MD/PA/VA

Gave you the itch did I Mike? lol

#195 7 years ago

yep.....Ill find one

#196 7 years ago

Anyone considered repainting their Idol Ruins plastic? To me it's missing something.

Take a look at this thread, where a BSD owner custom painted some plastics on his BSD.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-custom-painted-bsd-graveyard-castle/page/2#post-1840421

before.jpg after.jpg
#197 7 years ago

Anyone selling Bi-Plane Mod? May pick up an IJ in the next few weeks.

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone selling Bi-Plane Mod? May pick up an IJ in the next few weeks.

Check out this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-biplane-propeller-mod-low-budget

#199 7 years ago

great info. thanks!

#200 7 years ago

Hey guys,

Where can I get a set of cabinet decals now days? They seem pretty hard to come by... Especially down under

Cheers

There are 9123 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 183.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside