IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 235.
#1551 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Did the guy ever finish making the drop target deflectors to stop airballs? I made a set and they work great, game is so much better with no airballs. I was going to make them but he told me to back off because he was going to, so I did. Then radio silence. These would be very easy to mass produces and an asset to ij owners.

DJ... sorry, my initial text wasn't intended to be harsh (as in "back off" as you mentioned), but I noted that my drop target broke after I mounted the small acrylic plate above them and wanted to hold off before putting something out there that indirectly caused other problems. I replaced all 4 drop targets and have been watching for wear, so far with positive results. I agree that this mod is nice to basically 100% eliminate air balls in my case. So, feel free to distribute as you see fit. It's just a piece of plastic with a couple holes and easily produced by anyone with a few minutes.

Not worried about IP theft so to speak, so distribute as you see fit. Might be nice to give me a bit of credit for the very minor idea I had to create this (I have so few great ideas), just as I gave maffewl credit for his original idea for a similar deflector on potc. If you somehow get super rich off this be sure to invite me for some champagne on your new yacht!!

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

DJ... sorry, my initial text wasn't intended to be harsh (as in "back off" as you mentioned), but I noted that my drop target broke after I mounted the small acrylic plate above them and wanted to hold off before putting something out there that indirectly caused other problems. I replaced all 4 drop targets and have been watching for wear, so far with positive results. I agree that this mod is nice to basically 100% eliminate air balls in my case. So, feel free to distribute as you see fit. It's just a piece of plastic with a couple holes and easily produced by anyone with a few minutes.
Not worried about IP theft so to speak, so distribute as you see fit. Might be nice to give me a bit of credit for the very minor idea I had to create this (I have so few great ideas), just as I gave maffewl credit for his original idea for a similar deflector on potc. If you somehow get super rich off this be sure to invite me for some champagne on your new yacht!!

Sorry, you weren't harsh, just typing from my phone so was brief. I didn't feel you were rude at all and it is your idea. Just wondered if you lost interest. I don't have any plans and would have to contact some suppliers. Time isn't a luxury I have so probably won't even happen.

#1553 7 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Modified Game ROM with permanent Frog Mode

What is Frog mod rom?
Been looking for shaker motor for awhile now, anyone? Ideas?
Pinbits out of stock.

#1554 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Time isn't a luxury I have so probably won't even happen.

Sounds like we have similar lives!! Ha. Tell you what... I'll race you to see who can get them drawn up and converted to CAD the quickest for mass production. You give me a two month head start and we'll call it even... GO!

In reality, I would like to see others benefit from this so I may give it one more college try this week before giving up if you're not already working on it. PM me separately if you've already started down that road and i can hold up. My intention is not to delay what might be a useful mod for others, even if only to a few.

Lastly, I've heard others mention that simply changing to newer, stiffer drop targets may be sufficient to eliminate many air balls because the older ones flexed too much due to age (acting as catapults on rebound so to speak). Have no idea if this is true, because I put my deflector back on after replacing my drops. Might play around with that also in all that abundant time I have on my hands.

#1555 7 years ago

I made a nice custom PinCup for Indiana Jones pinball. I painted the base color in a bright yellow enamel paint , then stenciled over the sunburst rays and airbrushed a fade of orange. The center logo is done in white with the running horse logo in black in the center. A small fade of black on the bottom adds just a little more detail to this cool looking PinCup. The theme colors and imagery matches the side artwork on the cabinet nicely. I hope you guys like them. They are available at www.modfatherpinball.com

ij3 (resized).jpgij3 (resized).jpgij (resized).jpgij (resized).jpgij1 (resized).jpgij1 (resized).jpg

#1556 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I made a nice custom PinCup for Indiana Jones pinball. I painted the base color in a bright yellow enamel paint , then stenciled over the sunburst rays and airbrushed a fade of orange.

Can you make one a bit more faded to match my cabinet??

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Sounds like we have similar lives!! Ha. Tell you what... I'll race you to see who can get them drawn up and converted to CAD the quickest for mass production. You give me a two month head start and we'll call it even... GO!
In reality, I would like to see others benefit from this so I may give it one more college try this week before giving up if you're not already working on it. PM me separately if you've already started down that road and i can hold up. My intention is not to delay what might be a useful mod for others, even if only to a few.
Lastly, I've heard others mention that simply changing to newer, stiffer drop targets may be sufficient to eliminate many air balls because the older ones flexed too much due to age (acting as catapults on rebound so to speak). Have no idea if this is true, because I put my deflector back on after replacing my drops. Might play around with that also in all that abundant time I have on my hands.

I haven't even begin to start. Go for it. It's not a priority for me. If I'm bored in a month or two maybe. I bought new custom lit targets that are stiffer. Didn't help

#1558 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Got it it's in the handle itself. Thanks
I realized that the entire column of success might be out so starting to think it's not a gun issue. Apparently might be CPU related but still researching/investigating. I changed LEDs with the game on/coin door open and it likely caused a short somewhere. Doh. Once it's back up I'll take pics ad it looks sick.

i made the rookie mistake of changing some lights with power on which resulted in an entire column out. ended up that i blew the U20 chip on the CPU and had to have it replaced. just a thought...

#1559 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

i made the rookie mistake of changing some lights with power on which resulted in an entire column out. ended up that i blew the U20 chip on the CPU and had to have it replaced. just a thought...

So that sounds just like my issue. Entire column is out and happened BC I changed LEDs with power on although coin door was open.

How do you replace it and where did you buy replacement?

Also did your game give you any error besides a switch didn't work? I never received a ground short message.

#1560 7 years ago

shouldn't a fuse go first to protect the chip?

#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

shouldn't a fuse go first to protect the chip?

I thought a fuse too but I'm being told it's not fuse related.....

Can someone confirm if u20 chip is socketed or not bc I'm hoping it's socketed otherwise replacing is so annoying. I'm not home until Monday.

#1562 7 years ago

Frog mode is only available in the mines, if you do the right steps of movements - it's an easter egg and hidden for years.
I've patched the L7-Game ROM so the Frog is dancing every time, even if you fail in the mines - very funny.

If someone is interested in the file I can send it by e-mail.
You just have to burn the file in your ROM.
The file is recalculated with the correct checksum and will detect ROM Errors as usual.
It includes patch against LED ghosting and wrong wording "Rescue the ARC" is also corrected to "Rescue the ARK".

Send your e-mail address to [email protected]

DSCN4777 (resized).JPGDSCN4777 (resized).JPG
DSCN4778 (resized).JPGDSCN4778 (resized).JPG

#1563 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Got it it's in the handle itself. Thanks
I realized that the entire column of success might be out so starting to think it's not a gun issue. Apparently might be CPU related but still researching/investigating. I changed LEDs with the game on/coin door open and it likely caused a short somewhere. Doh. Once it's back up I'll take pics ad it looks sick.

Is it in the same row as the switch at the bottom right of the mini playfield? Then maybe that one has a short as it gets frequently hit by the ball.

#1564 7 years ago
Quoted from cybermarco:

Is it in the same row as the switch at the bottom right of the mini playfield? Then maybe that one has a short as it gets frequently hit by the ball.

It's the entire column 3. That includes the left eject if that's the switch you're taking about. I believe it's the u20 chip being fried based on some others with the same issue. Was going to send the board out for fixing.

#1565 7 years ago

Column 3 ok, then you are probably right.

My solution isn't it. Different column/row.

#1566 7 years ago

Question on what everyone is doing for flipper alignment. Currently the flippers on my IJ are roughly pointed at the alignment holes on the playfield. However if you hold a straightedge to the inlane guide the flippers are not parallel (see photos.)

Ignore the holes and align to be parallel with the inlane guide or keep as is?

IMG_0005 (resized).JPGIMG_0005 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

#1567 7 years ago

I'd say flipper alignment is a point of preference. If you like how it's shooting and the game feels like it's the right level of difficulty for you than it's good. A steeper flipper angle will make it harder to cradle shots and make the game feel more difficult.

Mine are set a bit higher, I put toothpicks in the holes and lined things up that way.

Oh and I like those green rubbers on there. I was just thinking the other day of changing from red to green to match the jungle plastics.

#1568 7 years ago

parallel with inlane returns.

#1569 7 years ago

Toothpicks in the holes including flipper rubbers.

Gustavo

#1570 7 years ago

Joined the club today

20170422_130426 (resized).jpg20170422_130426 (resized).jpg

20170422_130433 (resized).jpg20170422_130433 (resized).jpg

#1571 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

parallel with inlane returns.

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. Wasn't a major change; still feels to be shooting well.

#1572 7 years ago

For those of you who have restored IJ, I have a couple of questions. I'm currently restoring mine and I need to know if the ball trough housing needs to be clear coated. I sanded it clean, and looks perfect, but I assume that removes the zinc coating or what ever coating or protection it has from the factory. Should I spray some clear coat on it to prevent corrosion?

Also, 2 of the many coil brackets have this thick film on them. The films were in bad shape so I removed them. But now I wonder if they need to be replaced with new? Can't find them anywhere. The manual has a part number for them. Are they some sort of insulation or protection? What would happen if I left the bracket without it?

Thanks!

IMG_0243 (resized).PNGIMG_0243 (resized).PNG

#1573 7 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Nice! You can try a led strip under the ruin, that area is a bit dark.
I also consider to add 2 spotlights, please share pictures after installation.

got the double spotlight installed. comparing before and after pictures

20170423_200735 (resized).jpg20170423_200735 (resized).jpg

20170414_223848 (resized).jpg20170414_223848 (resized).jpg

#1574 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

got the double spotlight installed. comparing before and after pictures

Beautiful! Now maybe a touch more light on the ramps and POA?

#1575 7 years ago

I wonder about different coin doors and thought squared frames are correct.
Here I see more pins with circular shape frames.
Are both versions original?

#1576 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Joined the club today

You have three great pins there...

#1577 7 years ago

anyone know where to buy that sticker that is horizontal and goes on the coin door? It's looks like indy on the horse with the background of the side art?

#1578 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone know where to buy that sticker that is horizontal and goes on the coin door? It's looks like indy on the horse with the background of the side art?

i believe it is here.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/IJ_Page.html
scroll down a little bit and one says custom indiana jones coin door decal for $12.99. i had been considering this as well then kinda forgot about it. If you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think, since they dont really have a picture of any potential decals

#1579 7 years ago

thanks will ask them what it looks like. I think it might look like that sticker on the door next to it. Not sure I want that one..

#1580 7 years ago

Anyone looking for an awesome example of this game to play in the wild should check out "The Break" in West Ashley, SC. Whoever put this game on route has to be borderline crazy. The game is in amazing shape. Full playfield protector. Plastics are great. Everything shines. Only few issues are 2 spots on the backglass, 1 corner very slightly peeling, and the temple shaking when you shoot the ball. Not a huge fan of the cool white LEDs but still an awesome game. It definitely came out of someone's private collection it still has the free play cards in it and has a beautiful set of white rubbers on it plus superbands on the flippers. And priced at a steal of $0.50/game

#1581 6 years ago

I can confirm the sticker being sold there is the one with text (see the picture next to it - it's on that custom coin door). FYI

#1582 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm the sticker being sold there is the one with text (see the picture next to it - it's on that custom coin door). FYI

ok thanx. i agree with you, i do not want that one. i was hoping to find something similar to this sticker on the coin door....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1583 6 years ago

would someone do me a favor and take a pic of your powerboard (specifically plugs J133, J134 - that section)?

EDIT - seems like you can plug those however you want based on others....no need to post.

#1584 6 years ago

Haven't been in here in a while. Finally took some pics to share of my cab and custom hardware job. Went in my own direction on this colour wise, just like BSD. Can't believe that I forgot to do a pingulp!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!An-v_bkyKrvlhjwVYJ8zr14R7now

I also recently added a pinsound with a killer custom sound library (well worth it

IJ_20170429_01 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_01 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_02 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_02 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_03 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_03 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_05 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_05 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_06 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_06 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_07 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_07 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_08 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_08 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_09 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_09 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_010 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_010 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_011 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_011 (resized).jpg

IJ_20170429_012 (resized).jpgIJ_20170429_012 (resized).jpg

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Haven't been in here in a while. Finally took some pics to share of my cab and custom hardware job. Went in my own direction on this colour wise, just like BSD. Can't believe that I forgot to do a pingulp!
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An-v_bkyKrvlhjwVYJ8zr14R7now
I also recently added a pinsound with a killer custom sound library (well worth it

Love it! I had all 4 of those pins in a row at my house at one time too.

#1586 6 years ago

Guinnesstime
Sweet! You have had quite the collection.

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Guinnesstime
Sweet! You have had quite the collection.

Thanks! Right back at ya.

#1588 6 years ago

Hi guys,

I just upgrade the latest software version L7, I had L4 and the machine was working without any issue. As soon I replace the the mini playfield develop some strange issue, in test mode it goes to the right perfect but to the left it goes slow, i don't know if this is normal.

If i change the rom to L4 the mini play field works fine in both directions

Any ideas?

Gustavo

#1589 6 years ago

Swab the left flipper opto with a Q-tip. Fixed the same problem on my machine but with the right flipper. Apparently the opto can send a strong enough signal to maintain holding the flipper but intermittent enough that the POA stutters.

If that doesn't fix it than I'm not sure, seems odd the rom would be broken in this specific way but you never know.

#1590 6 years ago

Still can't believe that I was able to join the club today. Completely restored IJ. Doug Huse cabinet, CC playfield, Mike Chestnut brass everywhere. You name it and this has it. Tried to pry it from the guy's hands months ago. Didn't want to sell. Then I got the call Wed night. Picked it up today.

IMG_1082 (resized).JPGIMG_1082 (resized).JPG
IMG_1084 (resized).JPGIMG_1084 (resized).JPG
IMG_1083 (resized).JPGIMG_1083 (resized).JPG

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Still can't believe that I was able to join the club today. Completely restored IJ. Doug Huse cabinet, CC playfield, Mike Chestnut brass everywhere. You name it and this has it. Tried to pry it from the guy's hands months ago. Didn't want to sell. Then I got the call Wed night. Picked it up today.

Congratulations!!
Thats a beauty for sure.
Not even going to ask price....

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Congratulations!!
Thats a beauty for sure.
Not even going to ask price....

I'd trade it for a Magic Girl haha! Thanks. It's pretty special.

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'd trade it for a Magic Girl haha! Thanks. It's pretty special.

Get the Pinsound card for it. Trust me on this (from a guy who considers IJ his grail!). Congrats on the pickup.

#1594 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Get the Pinsound card for it. Trust me on this (from a guy who considers IJ his grail!). Congrats on the pickup.

It's def my grail now too. Tell me more about this pincard kind sir...

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I notice your game has the color DMD and the Tilt topper and they both work at the same time. Any idea how they are wired? I only ask because I haven't figured out a way to wire both the DMD and Tilt topper on my game without blowing fuses.

QSS

#1596 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I notice your game has the color DMD and the Tilt topper and they both work at the same time. Any idea how they are wired? I only ask because I haven't figured out a way to wire both the DMD and Tilt topper on my game without blowing fuses.
QSS

Do you have a separate power supply? Not sure if that matters but this one does. Not sure what is wired to it. I'll ask the previous owner. He might know. If not, I also know his Tech.

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

I run a separate power supply inside my IJ for its ColorDMD and PinSound board. Seems to pretty much be a requirement on this game when running multiple extras like Colordmd or tilt topper. Mine just ran for 2 days straight nonstop during show hours at pinfest without a single issue so the separate power supply really seems to make a difference.

#1598 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I run a separate power supply inside my IJ for its ColorDMD and PinSound board. Seems to pretty much be a requirement on this game when running multiple extras like Colordmd or tilt topper. Mine just ran for 2 days straight nonstop during show hours at pinfest without a single issue so the separate power supply really seems to make a difference.

I'm running mine off the same power supply, but I don't have the topper.

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's def my grail now too. Tell me more about this pincard kind sir...

There's a whole thread about Pinsound that I started 2 years back. I have my game wired for stereo and I'm using the reorchestrations that Endprodukt created. There are a ton more callouts and you can customize which ones to use and which ones not. It's fun to hear Indy curse when you lose your ball. And the actual John Williams score in stereo is ridiculous to hear with that game; you'll never be able to play one with the MIDI sounds again.

Order the sound board and PM me with any questions or if you need details.

#1600 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a whole thread about Pinsound that I started 2 years back. I have my game wired for stereo and I'm using the reorchestrations that Endprodukt created. There are a ton more callouts and you can customize which ones to use and which ones not. It's fun to hear Indy curse when you lose your ball. And the actual John Williams score in stereo is ridiculous to hear with that game; you'll never be able to play one with the MIDI sounds again.
Order the sound board and PM me with any questions or if you need details.

Okay, sounds good. Thank you very much!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/32?hl=haggy38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.