IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 235.
#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Test it in test mode and see if it works. Report back

Thank you for response. The diverter hold and power solenoids are #33 and 34. To be honest i have been confused by the solenoid test. When i run the solenoid test, i run a repeat and run mode. I never hear any of the solenoids buzzing or doing anything but it does cycle through all of them without stopping. Not sure if i am supposed to watch the coils when i run test to look for something...

A few days ago, i tried to thoroughly check and clean each connection associated with those two solenoids, both around the coil and their connectors in the backbox. Since then the gate has worked much better but it will still close prematurely every few games. It is strange, when it does close prematurely, it does so a little at a time over a few seconds. I guess overall it does not affect the game too much, but still bugs me. Probably best to pay some money and have someone look at it for me.

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Are you restoring yours?

On the table as we speak.

IJ 2015 380 (resized).jpgIJ 2015 380 (resized).jpg

IJ 2015 381 (resized).jpgIJ 2015 381 (resized).jpg

#1153 7 years ago

Wow, that's a clean coil bracket!!!

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Looks NICE!!!!! Can you share more pics? Thanks!!!

#1155 7 years ago

Do you ever work????

#1156 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks NICE!!!!! Can you share more pics? Thanks!!!

IMG_2381 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPG

IMG_2384 (resized).JPGIMG_2384 (resized).JPG

IMG_2383 (resized).JPGIMG_2383 (resized).JPG

IMG_2385 (resized).JPGIMG_2385 (resized).JPG

IMG_2386 (resized).JPGIMG_2386 (resized).JPG

IMG_2387 (resized).JPGIMG_2387 (resized).JPG

IMG_2388 (resized).JPGIMG_2388 (resized).JPG

IMG_2389 (resized).JPGIMG_2389 (resized).JPG

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Thank you for response. The diverter hold and power solenoids are #33 and 34. To be honest i have been confused by the solenoid test. When i run the solenoid test, i run a repeat and run mode. I never hear any of the solenoids buzzing or doing anything but it does cycle through all of them without stopping. Not sure if i am supposed to watch the coils when i run test to look for something...
A few days ago, i tried to thoroughly check and clean each connection associated with those two solenoids, both around the coil and their connectors in the backbox. Since then the gate has worked much better but it will still close prematurely every few games. It is strange, when it does close prematurely, it does so a little at a time over a few seconds. I guess overall it does not affect the game too much, but still bugs me. Probably best to pay some money and have someone look at it for me.

You need to close the interlock switch on the coin door in order to activate the solenoids. You can push it in (close it) with your fingers while you run the tests. Put it in repeat on the solenoid you want to test. Report back

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Every other Tuesday.

Man! That looks amazing!!! Congrats!!! Brass or Gold plate?

#1160 7 years ago

Brass on the conventional parts and s sent everything else out to Chris Royalty for chrome. Nickel plating on the mechs

#1161 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Brass on the conventional parts and s sent everything else out to Chris Royalty for chrome. Nickel plating on the mechs

Congrats! Looks really nice! Is this a customer's pin or yours?

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You need to close the interlock switch on the coin door in order to activate the solenoids. You can push it in (close it) with your fingers while you run the tests. Put it in repeat on the solenoid you want to test. Report back

well dont i feel a little silly. So, nothing seems to happen when i repeat the diverter hold, solenoid #34. Diverter power #33 seems to work fine. does that mean that i need to consider that the coil is bad? according to the manual #33 and #34 are coil #FL-11753-1, does that mean that both the diverter power and hold run off the same coil?

#1164 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

well dont i feel a little silly. So, nothing seems to happen when i repeat the diverter hold, solenoid #34. Diverter power #33 seems to work fine. does that mean that i need to consider that the coil is bad? according to the manual #33 and #34 are coil #FL-11753-1, does that mean that both the diverter power and hold run off the same coil?

Let me check mine.....

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Is this what you have on the screen? If so, the diverter should move when you close the interlock switch on the coin door.

IMG_6043 (resized).JPGIMG_6043 (resized).JPG

#1166 7 years ago

Diverter hold should not move. That is the coil holding the diverter closed. If that is what you have then your coil is good.

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Diverter hold should not move. That is the coil holding the diverter closed. Is that is what you have then your coil is good.

yes that is what i have on the screen. with #33 diverter power set to repeat, the gate will open and close. with #34 diverter hold set on repeat, nothing happens, the gate just stays closed. is that what it is supposed to do during that test?

#1168 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

yes that is what i have on the screen. with #33 diverter power set to repeat, the gate will open and close. with #34 diverter hold set on repeat, nothing happens, the gate just stays closed. is that what it is supposed to do during that test?

Yes your tests are good.

So what is your issue again?

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes your tests are good.
So what is your issue again?

well, the gate will occassionally close prematurely, sometimes when path of adventure is lit and sometimes during one of the two challenges that open the gate. it is strange, it will not close quickly but slowly over a few seconds and a little at a time. it seems to happen at random times though i feel like it happens when the game is working on something else at same time (like multiball or dogfight, etc). It did get better after i thoroughly cleaned the connections and optos associted with the gate and flippers. oh well, i imagine i have done what i can and will get someone to look at it eventually. Thank you again for all the help in ruling alot of things out.

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

well, the gate will occassionally close prematurely, sometimes when path of adventure is lit and sometimes during one of the two challenges that open the gate. it is strange, it will not close quickly but slowly over a few seconds and a little at a time. it seems to happen at random times though i feel like it happens when the game is working on something else at same time (like multiball or dogfight, etc). It did get better after i thoroughly cleaned the connections and optos associted with the gate and flippers. oh well, i imagine i have done what i can and will get someone to look at it eventually. Thank you again for all the help in ruling alot of things out.

If your tests are good then I think your problem is the coil spring. It might me worn out and extremely loose. Try replacing it with a new one. Marco Specialties has them. Change both, the coil plunger with the little spring and the coil spring, both pictured. Might be a good idea to completely replace all parts including coil tubing, and coil stop. Clean everything in the process. I'm sure that will take care of your issue. Parts are cheap. No need to hire a tech in my opinion. If you need help replacing all those parts, let me know and I can help you. This is the only way you are going to learn. Good luck!

IMG_6001 (resized).JPGIMG_6001 (resized).JPG

IMG_5863 (resized).JPGIMG_5863 (resized).JPG

IMG_6044 (resized).PNGIMG_6044 (resized).PNG

#1171 7 years ago

Is that gun handle black chrome?

1 week later
#1173 7 years ago

I have owned this game for almost two years and, embarrassingly, have never completed the Eacape in Mine Cart Video Mode. I cannot tell if I am pressing the flipper buttons too soon or too late, but I usually crash after passing about four tunnels. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

#1174 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I have owned this game for almost two years and, embarrassingly, have never completed the Eacape in Mine Cart Video Mode. I cannot tell if I am pressing the flipper buttons too soon or too late, but I usually crash after passing about four tunnels. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks.

Yes. Find out about the dancing frog easter egg and go for that instead. Worth only 20 million, but far more entertaining.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm#I

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Keep the button held down if you want to go right or left.

#1176 7 years ago

Can someone show me how you lit the lost plastic with led strips? Pinbits board is sold out and overpriced. TIA

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Would you mind showing more pics of how your nice pf rotisserie is put together and how it holds your playfield. I'm guessing there are a couple of clamps but I can't see how the rear of the playfield is held in place.

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Keep the button held down if you want to go right or left.

Thank you. This made all the difference.

#1179 7 years ago

Hi All, if anyone struggling with Mode Start hole "holding" the ball when shot, I just posted a cheap low risk fix that I hope continues to work: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potential-easy-repair-for-ij-mode-hole-issue

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Would you mind showing more pics of how your nice pf rotisserie is put together and how it holds your playfield. I'm guessing there are a couple of clamps but I can't see how the rear of the playfield is held in place.

IJ 2015 399 (resized).jpgIJ 2015 399 (resized).jpg

IJ 2015 398 (resized).jpgIJ 2015 398 (resized).jpg

#1181 7 years ago

Hi, I am having an issue where after I lock three balls in Indy, and Start Multiball, only two of the balls exit the idol. Even though I still hear the "elephant trumpet" noise, the third ball does not come out during multiball.

I captured this in a very crappy video:

If anyone has an idea on where/what to troubleshoot, please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

I am having an issue where after I lock three balls

Looks like an opto problem to me. The first and second ball are dropping together. There should be the elephant sound, one ball drops, elephant sound second ball drops, elephant sound third ball drops.

#1183 7 years ago

I had problems with the Idol release which turned out to be the gate; check it works 100% of the time every time. On mine the coil would fire but the gate would stick and not release the ball.

#1184 7 years ago

I had another look at your video and I agree with the ball gate theory. The ball gate should come back up after the first ball is released, that is why you are getting two balls right away. The idol moves to the next ball and the gate releases it. Go to test-solenoid test and scroll through to idol release. Should easily go up and down in repeat.

#1185 7 years ago

I was having the ball gate problem, I would re-align the gate and would it would still get stuck. Took a file and smoothed the edge of the gate plastic that was catching and have never had the problem again.

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I had another look at your video and I agree with the ball gate theory. The ball gate should come back up after the first ball is released, that is why you are getting two balls right away. The idol moves to the next ball and the gate releases it. Go to test-solenoid test and scroll through to idol release. Should easily go up and down in repeat.

Alright - so did some more work this morning - you are spot on with the Gate being the issue. Now, it gets weird.

First, there is not mechanic issue with the gate. I can manually move it up and down, no problem.

During solenoid test in repeat mode, I noticed when the play field was down, the test would fire once, maybe twice, and then the gate would get stuck in the down position. Here is a video of this:

Then, when I lift the play field up to a vertical position, the thing works just fine:

Any ideas? really appreciate the help!!!

#1187 7 years ago

So the weight of gravity holding the gate assembly 'back'/down when the playfield is vertical is releasing it from whatever it is catching on. If it were me I would pull the assembly and have a look at it/test it out of the game. Could just be something as simple as the sleeve is worn and allowing the plunger to achieve such an angle that it locks in place, or as FlippyD says, an edge that needs filing.

#1188 7 years ago

I agree, horizontally there is not as much resistance as there is vertically. Take it apart replace the sleeve if you have one, if not clean the old sleeve by pulling a damp cloth through it and clean the plunger. Check for any obstructions in the travel. The coil sleeve flange should be below the bracket, looks like it may be on the wrong side.

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I agree, horizontally there is not as much resistance as there is vertically. Take it apart replace the sleeve if you have one, if not clean the old sleeve by pulling a damp cloth through it and clean the plunger. Check for any obstructions in the travel. The coil sleeve flange should be below the bracket, looks like it may be on the wrong side.

Hey guys thanks for the great advice. So I took the plunger mechanism off the play field, and just noticed that the metal hole closest to play field and the plunger there seems to stick. I simply used steel wool on the plunger, and the hole, and now it works like a champ.

Thanks!!!

#1190 7 years ago

I'm glad your up and playing.

#1191 7 years ago

Hi guys,

New IJ owner from Bogota Colombia, I rescued this machine in poor storage condition from more than 15 years, decent playfield with some work to do. Incomplete unfortunately missing sound board, DMD and CPU, trying to find them locally.

I got a Bally Judge Dredd recently restored, not as bad as this one but gaining some experience!! This forum helped a lot.

IMG_9027 (resized).JPGIMG_9027 (resized).JPG
IMG_9029 (resized).JPGIMG_9029 (resized).JPG
IMG_9028 (resized).JPGIMG_9028 (resized).JPG
IMG_9030 (resized).JPGIMG_9030 (resized).JPG
IMG_9031 (resized).JPGIMG_9031 (resized).JPG
IMG_9032 (resized).JPGIMG_9032 (resized).JPG
IMG_9033 (resized).JPGIMG_9033 (resized).JPG

#1192 7 years ago

More pics of the restoration, some cleaning and waxing with Novus 1&2 and carnauba. Its really dirty in some places....poor poor machine!!

Gustavo

IMG_9037 (resized).JPGIMG_9037 (resized).JPG
IMG_9043 (resized).JPGIMG_9043 (resized).JPG
IMG_9074 (resized).JPGIMG_9074 (resized).JPG

#1193 7 years ago

Wow that's a lot of dirt, shame about the wear down the bottom as it's probably going to be really satisfying to clean that up!

Took me a good few minutes to work out why your upper playfield looked so empty, despite having played my machine for over an hour earlier on.

#1194 7 years ago

Hi ChriX,

You're right, lots of dust and dirt!! I will strip this as I feel comfortable and start from that, some spare parts all ready ordered.

Gustavo

IMG_9112 (resized).JPGIMG_9112 (resized).JPG

IMG_9129 (resized).JPGIMG_9129 (resized).JPG

IMG_9111 (resized).JPGIMG_9111 (resized).JPG

IMG_9130 (resized).JPGIMG_9130 (resized).JPG

#1195 7 years ago

This is my JD, I really loved this game!! Girlfriend likes it........fortunately

IMG_8768 (resized).JPGIMG_8768 (resized).JPG

IMG_8772 (resized).JPGIMG_8772 (resized).JPG

IMG_8769 (resized).JPGIMG_8769 (resized).JPG

#1196 7 years ago

While you got your IJ torn apart, you should probably swap those lighting flipper bats out unless you want to keep it harder than intended.

Let me know if you get stumped on the sound board as I've got one from my Jones up in the marketplace. Shipping would probably not make it worth it though. Good luck.

#1197 7 years ago

Hello,

Just a quick question: After all the friends are lit at the INDY rollovers and you get the "extra ball lit" prompt at the saucer hole, all your friends are flashing....but if you happen to get the ball up there and keep going at the INDY rollovers, I have noticed that some Friends stay flashing and some just stay lit but not flashing.

Why is this? Again, this is after lighting all 5 friends for an extra ball. Arent all the friends supposed to start all over again? Instead of some flashing and some not flashing but ON?

Hope I didn't confuse you but that Is the best I can explain it. Thanks!

#1198 7 years ago

Joined the club on Wednesday and have been working on Indy since. I am now just waiting on parts to deal with the POA and decals to arrive. Everything else has been cleaned and fixed and I am hoping to have it back together and playing within the week, time permitting.

IMG_1788 (resized).JPGIMG_1788 (resized).JPG

IMG_1559 (resized).JPGIMG_1559 (resized).JPG

IMG_1748 (resized).JPGIMG_1748 (resized).JPG

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Joined the club on Wednesday and have been working on Indy since. I am now just waiting on parts to deal with the POA and decals to arrive. Everything else has been cleaned and fixed and I am hoping to have it back together and playing within the week, time permitting.

You should move the mode start saucer strike plate back now that you have the chance

#1200 7 years ago

Korn. The friends flash until u make them solid by making lit loops. They light via the inlanes. Make all 5 friends solid and build and collect loop jackpot. This is one of the cool alternate goals in the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.