20240309_142957 (resized).jpg
20240309_143029 (resized).jpg
20240309_143041 (resized).jpg
20240309_143117 (resized).jpg
20240309_143149 (resized).jpg
20240309_143204 (resized).jpg
20240309_143242 (resized).jpg
20240309_143236 (resized).jpg

There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 231.
#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh man! This is good news! Thank you very much! Yes can you post a pic of yours? Thanks!!!!

Putting a fender washer at that spot is probably a good idea anyway to protect the plastic from pinball strikes.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from deanearp:

Putting a fender washer at that spot is probably a good idea anyway to protect the plastic from pinball strikes.

Excellent point. Will do. Thanks!

#1103 7 years ago

Sometimes the ramps themselves need some very minor tweaking (bending) to get them just right. The degree of playfield slant can affect it also.

#1104 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do any of you have the ball spilling off to the side on the left ramp instead of just dropping down the inlane? It happens to me 1 out of every 10 times but it does happen. Especially if the ball is traveling super fast down the ramp. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I had this happen about 10% of the time and no amount of adjusting the wireform position or the nut tightness would fix it.

I added a tiny clear silicone ring to the end and it acts as a brake. I had to cut the ring to get it on and it stays just fine. 100% success, no more outlane jumps. I put one on the other side too since I liked the way it stopped the balls and made the inlane ball speed very consistent.

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I had this happen about 10% of the time and no amount of adjusting the wireform position or the nut tightness would fix it.
I added a tiny clear silicone ring to the end and it acts as a brake. I had to cut the ring to get it on and it stays just fine. 100% success, no more outlane jumps. I put one on the other side too since I liked the way it stopped the balls and made the inlane ball speed very consistent.

Ok you mean you added the ring to the nut? Or to the ramp? If so, exactly where did you place the ring? Can you please post a pic? What kind size of silicone ring did you use? Thanks so much!!

#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Ok you mean you added the ring to the nut? Or to the ramp? If so, exactly where did you place the ring? Can you please post a pic? What kind size of silicone ring did you use? Thanks so much!!

Can't post pictures won't be at my machine for a few days. The rubber gets added to the ramp itself at the very end of it, like a train bumper at the end of the tracks. The balls slide down the ramp then bump into it which kills all their speed and spin. Then they just drop down gently into your inlane. I used the smallest rubber rings I could find, 7/16 or 3/8 diameter will work, just snip them in one spot so they can slide over the wire form.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Can't post pictures won't be at my machine for a few days. The rubber gets added to the ramp itself at the very end of it, like a train bumper at the end of the tracks. The balls slide down the ramp then bump into it which kills all their speed and spin. Then they just drop down gently into your inlane. I used the smallest rubber rings I could find, 7/16 or 3/8 diameter will work, just snip them in one spot so they can slide over the wire form.

How did you manage to put it on the ramp? Did you glue it? Thanks!!

#1108 7 years ago

Nevermind my prev question. So you just just the ring and it stays on huh? I shall try that!

#1109 7 years ago

Is this where you put it?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1110 7 years ago

Yes! And actually now that I think about it you don't need to cut the rubbers... I did that cause I tried to put them somewhere else first. Just stick em on the 'fork prongs' at the end of the ramp and you'll never have balls jump the lane again.

Also they just need to slip on a bit, you don't need to push them far up the prong.

And looks like there's a little damage on the wood where the balls drop. This is normal, have it on mine too, but with this fix the balls will fall much more gently and reduce further damage over time.

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yes! And actually now that I think about it you don't need to cut the rubbers... I did that cause I tried to put them somewhere else first. Just stick em on the 'fork prongs' at the end of the ramp and you'll never have balls jump the lane again.
Also they just need to slip on a bit, you don't need to push them far up the prong.
And looks like there's a little damage on the wood where the balls drop. This is coming, have it mine too, but with this fix the balls will fall much more gently and reduce further damage over time.

You're a good man! Thanks!!!!

#1112 7 years ago

Hi Everyone. after many years of saving and several months of looking, i finally purchased my first pin ever, beloved Indiana Jones! i have really been working on it the last few weeks and am ready to purchase a color display. My question to yall:
- Color DMD offers an LCD and LED display. I really do not know which one to order. Can anyone give me some insight? Thank you so much!

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hi Everyone. after many years of saving and several months of looking, i finally purchased my first pin ever, beloved Indiana Jones! i have really been working on it the last few weeks and am ready to purchase a color display. My question to yall:
- Color DMD offers an LCD and LED display. I really do not know which one to order. Can anyone give me some insight? Thank you so much!

Color DMD LCD

#1114 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion. The LCD gives you more options but the LED is brighter and a little cheaper. I think both look great but with the animated graphics on IJ the LCD will probably look a little cooler.

#1115 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion. The LCD gives you more options but the LED is brighter and a little cheaper. I think both look great but with the animated graphics on IJ the LCD will probably look a little cooler.

great thank you. options are always fun.

#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

And looks like there's a little damage on the wood where the balls drop. This is normal, have it on mine too, but with this fix the balls will fall much more gently and reduce further damage over time.

Just wanted to let you know that your solution worked like a CHARM! No more balls spilling to the side anymore! Thanks buddy!

#1117 7 years ago

Quick update on my various issues. Problem solved. Somehow I fried the bridge driver board and I just replaced it a she's back in business! I replaced the flipper opto interrupter plastic piece and cleaned the optos on the fliptronics board and that seems to have done the trick!
I can finally enjoy my Indy with a working POA and full-strength flippers.

Thanks to everyone for their help

#1118 7 years ago

Just discovered recently on my game that the point of reference for making the mode start shot is to flip the right flipper when the ball is at Indy's bullwhip. The bullwhip pictured on the playfield at the left flipper sends it up the right habitrail. They appear to be properly aligned so this is likely well-known by everyone else.

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Just discovered recently on my game that the point of reference for making the mode start shot is to flip the right flipper when the ball is at Indy's bullwhip. The bullwhip pictured on the playfield at the left flipper sends it up the right habitrail. They appear to be properly aligned so this is likely well-known by everyone else.

I like to backhand that shot from the left flipper. Goes in softer.

#1120 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I am curious what flipper coils most people are using in their machines? I know the manual says to go with the weak ones FL-11753, but is the FL-11630 (red) a better choice given the steep ramps?
Also, i'm starting to experience some issues with my right flipper. During some games, I feel as if the power is a bit reduced. Also, the flipper will stick in the up position for a sec before going back down sometimes. On my demo man, I replaced the flipper opto interrupter plastic piece and it solved the issue...but I wasn't experiencing the reduced flipper strength on my demo man. Could it be the EOS? The EOS looks fine, but I know people who have had similar issues and though they thought it was the coil it ended up being the EOS (loose wire, disconnected wire, etc..)
Thanks!

I'm using FL-11629s for both flippers which is what my manual says to use (and is the same as the pdf manual that i downloaded from IPD). At 6.5-7 degree incline I have no trouble making any of the ramp shots or the captive ball shot (as long as I get the angle right, of course). I do sometimes get airballs off the drop targets but they are greatly reduced after angling them slightly more forward.

Your comment is the 3rd or 4th time I've read on these forums that the manual says to use FL-11753 coils and I was wondering what page you are reading with that info? Either I'm missing it or perhaps it was an amendment or printed in a later version?

#1121 7 years ago

I have an original manual @ July 1993 (16-50017-101).

Page 2-16
Item 12 FL-11629 Flipper Coil (Blue)

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I like to backhand that shot from the left flipper. Goes in softer.

Do you do early back hand or late back hand?

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you do early back hand or late back hand?

very early....sometimes I hit the bottom of the left slingshot by accident.

#1124 7 years ago

hi folks, i'm cleaning my indy up . everything is fine except the bumper lightning ? no way to get these work. in fact, all the upper part has no light. any advice ? thanks !

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

hi folks, i'm cleaning my indy up . everything is fine except the bumper lightning ? no way to get these work. in fact, all the upper part has no light. any advice ? thanks !

Sounds like a GI fuse. You need check the GI fuses for continuity with a MM. Many times they look fine visually and will still be blown. You can check them quickly while still in the machine but I've had cases where they showed continuity after blowing while installed, rare but possible. I think removing them rattles the broken filament a bit.

What were you doing prior to the GI circuit blowing? A blown fuse is usually caused by a short. Make sure all the GI socket tabs are in the right place, nothing touching that shouldn't.

#1126 7 years ago

thanks for yout answer. the lights never workend since i've the pinball. checked the fuses, all are ok . the insert lights are working, only bumbers, the lights under the red parts at the top of the playfield. down the playfield, everything is fine.

#1127 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

Blown fuse

#1128 7 years ago

I want to remove the mini playfield to clean and wax back there. Can anyone please tell me how to remove it? Do I have to undo this C-clip? Thanks!

#1129 7 years ago

checked them again : all are fine

tried to switch j121 and j120 : same result : no lithning in the upper part of the playfield.

#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I want to remove the mini playfield to clean and wax back there. Can anyone please tell me how to remove it? Do I have to undo this C-clip? Thanks!

here is all you need : http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/ij2/shop/IJRestore.doc

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

checked them again : all are fine
tried to switch j121 and j120 : same result : no lithning in the upper part of the playfield.

Did you take them all out of the game to to test them with your DMM?

#1133 7 years ago

Can anybody please tell me is the C-clip has to be removed in order to remove the mini PF from the game? Thanks!

#1134 7 years ago

Yes, you need to remove it.

#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Yes, you need to remove it.

Ok so basically I just remove the c clip and the allen screw on the back and slide out correct?

#1136 7 years ago

BTW, I had a good score last night

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you take them all out of the game to to test them with your DMM?

yes took them out and checked with a DMM

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from gismo31:

thanks for yout answer. the lights never workend since i've the pinball. checked the fuses, all are ok . the insert lights are working, only bumbers, the lights under the red parts at the top of the playfield. down the playfield, everything is fine.

Check your schematic to see if the non working lights are on the same GI loop? If so, trace it to the connector in the backbox. Check continuity between the connector pin and each light to determine if there is a wire break somewhere. Also check for burned or loose connections. Do all the above with the game off. If not on the same loop, then maybe they are just burned out?

#1139 7 years ago

I got all of the other issues taken care of and the game played flawlessly over the weekend...but I just noticed a new issue. The center hole behind the 3 drop-target bank (the one that you enter to lock balls) is randomly registering when I'm not hitting it. Earlier today, I started randomly getting credit for things that occur when you hit that switch during different parts of the games: "You cheat Dr. Jones", Dogfight completion, and shoot for the jackpot during multiball.

Everything completely checks out during switch edge test and I tested the individual opto for the center exit switch (#45), and it seems fine. I've never had a switch matrix issue, and though I'm hoping this isn't it I'm afraid it sounds like that. I'm having a bunch of folks over tomorrow night for a tourney (basically in celebration of Indy finally being 100%) and would love to take care of this tomorrow if that's possible and perhaps it's not a complicated fix.

I'm not sure what else I can do to diagnose or how to fix this and would greatly appreciate some help. I will also hit up the tech forums but would certainly appreciate help wherever I can get it.

#1140 7 years ago

Check for cracked solder joints on the three drop bank where the connector goes on.

#1141 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Check for cracked solder joints on the three drop bank where the connector goes on.

Yeah......you've got switch/s firing when they shouldn't. Either they just need an adjustment (check that first) or may need to have the solder re-flowed. Could even be a lose wire.

1 week later
#1142 7 years ago

Does any one of you have one of the following mods installed on their IJ?

Ruin mod?
Idol Mod?
POA Mod?
Fighter plane mod?

I like to do some addition al lighting mods but wondering where to start. Like the Ruin mod, where to plug that into? or the Idol mod? I can make a led light below the idol but where to plug it into to have a great effect? Same for POA, lighting in the red plastic is possibel but where to plug it into so that it will only light when POA is active? Any of you experience with these?

#1143 7 years ago

Hello everyone. I have a technical problem and need some advice. The gate at the top of the right ramp that opens to allow ball to go to Upper Playfield is not working properly. When i light ADVENTURE or do a mode start that is supposed to open the gate (Steal the Stones or 3 Challenges), the gate will open for a few seconds and then will close prematurely. The more games i play, the quicker the gate seems to close prematurely. Has anyone had this problem and have any advice on where to start? Thank you!

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Hello everyone. I have a technical problem and need some advice. The gate at the top of the right ramp that opens to allow ball to go to Upper Playfield is not working properly. When i light ADVENTURE or do a mode start that is supposed to open the gate (Steal the Stones or 3 Challenges), the gate will open for a few seconds and then will close prematurely. The more games i play, the quicker the gate seems to close prematurely. Has anyone had this problem and have any advice on where to start? Thank you!

Test it in test mode and see if it works. Report back

#1145 7 years ago

Hello!

Anybody here know the part number for the coil tubing for the diverter gate coil? It's not listed in the manual. Thanks!

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hello!
Anybody here know the part number for the coil tubing for the diverter gate coil? It's not listed in the manual. Thanks!

The sleeve is 2 1/16

#1147 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The sleeve is 2 1/16

Awesome! Thanks A LOT!!!

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

The sleeve is 2 1/16

Flange or no flange?

Thanks!!!

IMG_6020 (resized).JPGIMG_6020 (resized).JPG

IMG_6019 (resized).JPGIMG_6019 (resized).JPG

#1149 7 years ago

no flange

IMG_2376 (resized).JPGIMG_2376 (resized).JPG

#1150 7 years ago

Thanks! Are you restoring yours?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Unisex
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
25,000 (Firm)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 231.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.