IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 235.
#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sure absolutely that is an option but that wasn't exactly what was asked. If you're going to go through all that trouble though, you might as well just do it right. I just don't do body work to a sticker vs the base wood of the cabinet. If you want to do a quickie job then yea, you can paint the decals black. Obviously if you have some significant defects in the cabinet, it's going to take some additional effort.

This is why I would value a pin with radcals lower than one without. Radcals can easily cover up shoddy/ half assed restoration work.

#10302 1 year ago

Does anyone know the fellow that makes the mode hole brackets? I need a couple of sets

#10303 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

This is why I would value a pin with radcals lower than one without. Radcals can easily cover up shoddy/ half assed restoration work.

Agree, and it’s pretty easy to see signs of poor work if Radcals aren’t installed properly. Where they meet at the front corners should be flush, but often isn’t. The holes cut for start button, etc. should be smooth and uniform, and bolts shouldn’t be so tight it crushes the Radcal or creates divots. I have installed decals and Radcals, and while I do like the glossy look and durability of Radcals, there is no substitute for correctly installed decals on a restored cabinet, imho. But I do have Radcals on my TOTAN, Fish Tales and CV. They look great, although I should have painted the cab or sanded it fully on my FT. You can see the original art through the Radcal, if you look closely. Live and learn! But I agree, cabinets should be stripped, sanded, and any dings or dents filled. Decals and even Radcals will show a poorly prepped cab.

#10304 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone know the fellow that makes the mode hole brackets? I need a couple of sets

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

Note he's running about 4ish month behind on work.

#10305 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Thank you, but no, I mean the 2 part bracket…

I need 2 sets of these
85D8B852-88DA-47A8-88F7-F50AF77E6BA1 (resized).jpeg85D8B852-88DA-47A8-88F7-F50AF77E6BA1 (resized).jpeg

#10306 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thank you, but no, I mean the 2 part bracket…
I need 2 sets of these
[quoted image]

I don't believe anyone is offering the Antidote for sale right now. The creator made the designs public IIRC.

#10307 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looking at purchasing the radcals from mirco, any issues with these?

I just purchased from him and installed last month. I’m happy with the results- way better than the original faded, beat up decals. Super easy to do. Used a flush cut router bit for a dremel that made cutting the holes a snap:

Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz

B73F7D08-CFC8-4C50-B665-BB92A79C82DA (resized).jpegB73F7D08-CFC8-4C50-B665-BB92A79C82DA (resized).jpegEAF03C51-C1B5-465B-A430-C8721116CEC9 (resized).jpegEAF03C51-C1B5-465B-A430-C8721116CEC9 (resized).jpeg
#10308 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

I just purchased from him and installed last month. I’m happy with the results- way better than the original faded, beat up decals. Super easy to do. Used a flush cut router bit for a dremel that made cutting the holes a snap:
Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sweet bud and looks just like my nice job

#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thank you for the link

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

That looks so nice. Did you do any prep work before applying? I think some suggested sanding down the old decals and painting the cabinet black to prevent any bleed through.

#10311 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Looks sweet bud and looks just like my nice job

Thanks man

Quoted from SiN13:

That looks so nice. Did you do any prep work before applying? I think some suggested sanding down the old decals and painting the cabinet black to prevent any bleed through.

Yeah that’s exactly what I did after reading that on here too. This was my first time using them and installation was super simple.

3A2C1DE9-DB83-4BBE-B5F9-277DF3B97CBD (resized).jpeg3A2C1DE9-DB83-4BBE-B5F9-277DF3B97CBD (resized).jpeg

#10312 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there still a new mod shot bracket which helps with kick outs?

This kit is awesome. Locks the ball in the Mode Start hole 100%

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1279-2steps-shop/04212-williams-indiana-jones-1993-saucer-lock-em-kit

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Thanks man

Yeah that’s exactly what I did after reading that on here too. This was my first time using them and installation was super simple.
[quoted image]

That's a lot of work but the payoff looks great. Mine is so faded, maybe some day but not a project I can take on right now. Thanks for sharing.

#10314 1 year ago

Anyone selling an IJ manual? PM me please

#10315 1 year ago

Trying to rejoin club. Owned this title 3 times back when they were 5k all day long... Never expected this. Prices are just too high. Patiently waiting for a motivated seller

#10316 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Trying to rejoin club. Ownd this tile 3 times back when they were 5k all day long... Never expected this. Prices are just too high. Patiently waiting for a motivated seller

It's crazy how much this game jumped in price. My first Indy was $4800 with the full brass treatment. That same game these days would be at least 10k more.

Good luck finding your Indy. I'm still trying to find my motivated CV seller.

#10317 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Trying to rejoin club. Owned this title 3 times back when they were 5k all day long... Never expected this. Prices are just too high. Patiently waiting for a motivated seller

I bought my first IJ back in 2004 for $1400 from an operator. Traded it off along with a T2 for a Monster Bash which was selling at that time for $4500. I had less than $2500 in both machines and thought good trade. Didn't want to trade the IJ off, but thought I'll find another one someday as they were selling at around 2k to $2500 at that time.
Moving head through the years IJ prices were really getting up there, so about 3 years ago pulled the trigger again and bought an IJ for $7800 from a Pinsider. A real nice collector's machine. That same machine would now sell for around 14k. Crazy prices, glad I bought when I did.
Good luck on your hunt as they are not cheap any longer.

#10318 1 year ago

I also bought my IJ about 4-5 years ago for 7.3K. Was super worried at the time that I was overpaying. Now all I can think about is how it is never leaving.

#10319 1 year ago

I overpaid for my IJ back in 2001, buying it for $2300 off of ebay. I was sent a different machine than was in the listing pics, and at the time I felt like I got scammed. There was no Pinside, no local market that I was aware of, and I had no idea about newsgroups like rec.games.pinball. It was the only way I knew how to get my hands on this bucket list pinball machine - shipped from the docks in New Jersey up to Western Canada. Despite a few broken plastics, a lot of built-up grime, and some oddly spray-painted wireforms, the pin was actually in pretty great shape. Not even the dreaded cabinet fade!

Who's laughing now, ebay seller barrywnj?

#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz

This little tool is a game changer for those who try to hand cut the holes with a razor knife. You did a great job and painting the cab first eliminates any potential for the old art to bleed through.

Kerry

#10321 1 year ago

My first IJ was 2500 back in 2001. Sold it a year or 2 later for 3600. My next one was 6900 in 2019 I about had a meltdown at that price lol now it’s looks like a fantastic investment!

#10322 1 year ago

Does anyone know what 01-11669 "brkt switch deflect" might be? It is part of the metal bridge assembly.

Screenshot_364.pngScreenshot_364.png

#10323 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

This little tool is a game changer for those who try to hand cut the holes with a razor knife. You did a great job and painting the cab first eliminates any potential for the old art to bleed through.
Kerry

Absolutely. Thanks again for all of your help with it.

#10324 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Does anyone know what 01-11669 "brkt switch deflect" might be? It is part of the metal bridge assembly.
[quoted image]

I believe I do. It's a small bracket that protects the switch terminals. I'll try and get a photo of it Monday for you.

#10325 1 year ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I believe I do. It's a small bracket that protects the switch terminals. I'll try and get a photo of it Monday for you.

Awesome, thank you!

#10326 1 year ago

IJ stainless outer orbit ball guide for sale, price $36. This is the big one that's about 60" long. PM for details.

Screenshot_365.pngScreenshot_365.png

#10327 1 year ago

Has anyone got a spare bracket that this Lite Jackpot plastic mounts to? Perhaps someone who restored an Indy or two and has extra parts? Please PM me if you do! Thanks.

6FEFD71B-0275-4453-ACBC-5FE0449D98BC (resized).jpeg6FEFD71B-0275-4453-ACBC-5FE0449D98BC (resized).jpeg

#10328 1 year ago

Congrats Ke Huy Quan aka Shorty for winning the academy! Who knew you’d beat Harrison Ford at getting one first.

92DEA271-9E36-4C3F-AD68-2AC38332F0AB (resized).jpeg92DEA271-9E36-4C3F-AD68-2AC38332F0AB (resized).jpeg
#10329 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I overpaid for my IJ back in 2001, buying it for $2300 off of ebay. I was sent a different machine than was in the listing pics, and at the time I felt like I got scammed. There was no Pinside, no local market that I was aware of, and I had no idea about newsgroups like rec.games.pinball. It was the only way I knew how to get my hands on this bucket list pinball machine - shipped from the docks in New Jersey up to Western Canada. Despite a few broken plastics, a lot of built-up grime, and some oddly spray-painted wireforms, the pin was actually in pretty great shape. Not even the dreaded cabinet fade!
Who's laughing now, ebay seller barrywnj?

I bought my NIB Family Guy NIB from barrywnj and I still have the game to this day. I know barry used to get allot of flack about the games he sold back in the day but you gotta admit,if you bought a game from him you probably paid near top dollar for his games but based on my experience, the NIB FG I bought was top notch and there was no issues with the game when it arrived at my home in Alberta,Canada from New Jersey, USA.

QSS

#10330 1 year ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I bought my NIB Family Guy NIB from barrywnj and I still have the game to this day. I know barry used to get allot of flack about the games he sold back in the day but you gotta admit,if you bought a game from him you probably paid near top dollar for his games but based on my experience, the NIB FG I bought was top notch and there was no issues with the game when it arrived at my home in Alberta,Canada from New Jersey, USA.
QSS

Same here got my NIB FG in 2007 and still own it best game ever always fun too play

#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Congrats Ke Huy Quan aka Shorty for winning the academy! Who knew you’d beat Harrison Ford at getting one first.
[quoted image]

Shorty!

#10332 1 year ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

Congratulations on your Barrywnj purchase, but he did a lot of people wrong.

Years ago my brother bought IJ from Barrywnj thru eBay I believe. When he got the pin, I swear this was the first time I saw my brother get teary eyed over the f****** he received from ole Barry.

The cabinet was in terrible shape and half the pin wasn't working. He put bubble gum stickers (that didn't even belong on the pin or fitted the theme) to the targets. The game wouldn't power up and smelled like cigarette smoke and the idol target was broke as well. The game was also an import.

It was my brother's first purchase as a pin and he didn't know better back in the day. Ole Barry only put (1) picture on eBay and it was so dark it looked like someone was using a flashlight in a dark room in order to take ONE picture of the pin. Again, my brother was a newbie (as I) in the hobby, but he couldn't sell it fast enough to get rid of the lemon.

#10333 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Years ago my brother bought IJ from Barrywnj thru eBay I believe. When he got the pin, I swear this was the first time I saw my brother get teary eyed over the f****** he received from ole Barry.
The cabinet was in terrible shape and half the pin wasn't working. He put bubble gum stickers (that didn't even belong on the pin or fitted the theme) to the targets. The game wouldn't power up and smelled like cigarette smoke and the idol target was broke as well. The game was also an import.
It was my brother's first purchase as a pin and he didn't know better back in the day. Ole Barry only put (1) picture on eBay and it was so dark it looked like someone was using a flashlight in a dark room in order to take ONE picture of the pin. Again, my brother was a newbie (as I) in the hobby, but he couldn't sell it fast enough to get rid of the lemon.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet, then. He was probably flipping a lot of imports, and it was total luck of the draw whether you recieved a gem or a lemon.

As I mentioned, the IJ I recieved was not the one in the listing pics, and after hounding Barry and threatening to go through buyer protection, he eventually sent me replacement plastics, posts, and a manual to cover the missing and broken parts. He couldn't replace the badly rusted speaker grille (probably from languishing in a shipping container), but I was able to restore it to the point you'd never be able to tell it apart from the other.

#10334 1 year ago

Hi All,

It's been a while since i have been on pinside but I have a lot of PM's requesting my airball mod. FYI, I'm going to be making 20 sets that should be ready in two weeks or less. Watch for my ad.

#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Whatever happened to Barry? Is he still around?

#10336 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Yeah, I know allot of deals weren't good with Barry. I guess I got lucky on the NIB Family Guy I bought from him. I wonder how could a NIB purchase go south, right? I may say that but I had a NIB Mustang Premium purchase go south on me a couple of years ago so I know so shit happens. This is pinball....... nothing is a sure thing and I was fortunate with my FG purchase.

QSS

#10337 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Whatever happened to Barry? Is he still around?

Yeah, this whole thing prompted me to look him back up on ebay.
He's still around, still selling, but not so much pinball it seems. Knickknacks and tchotchkes, it looked like. I didn't dig too deep.

#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi All,
It's been a while since i have been on pinside but I have a lot of PM's requesting my airball mod. FYI, I'm going to be making 20 sets that should be ready in two weeks or less. Watch for my ad.

Awesome! I am joining the club soon and would love a set of your airball protectors! I’ll keep an eye on your ad, but if you start a list, please add me! Thanks!

#10339 1 year ago

Hey all, having multiple issues with my IJ

Created another post in tech, didn’t want to just repeat here so cross posting, hope that’s ok. Any Tips would be muuuuch appreciated. Thanks!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wms-indiana-jones-multiple-issues#post-7466012

#10340 1 year ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Hi All,

I'd be down for these as well, I've been looking for a solution for airballs. I even think at some point I came across yours and tried designing my own, got as far as 3D printing out some prototypes but then never bothered to send them off to sendcutsend.

#10341 1 year ago

Please put me on that list also if one develops as I am going to restore one here in the next few weeks for a customer.

#10342 1 year ago

Add me to the list for the airball mod if you start making them.
Thanks.

#10343 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

No progress - so end of March is the new date.

Screen printed airball protectors are back in stock as of today. I will follow up PM requests.

IJ_airball (resized).jpgIJ_airball (resized).jpg
#10344 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

so he's caught up some, usually 6 months.

#10345 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Screen printed airball protectors are back in stock as of today. I will follow up PM requests.[quoted image]

Are these on the market or somewhere else?

#10346 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Are these on the market or somewhere else?

Please send a PM.

#10347 1 year ago

TLDR; Is there a way to safely remove the speaker grills from the speaker panel without damaging them?

Long story here, I've been sitting on a jackpot light mod for like 15 years and I want to get this dang thing installed. I decided I didn't want to mess with doing the cut outs on the original wood panel so I ordered a CNC'd reproduction with the jackpots cut out, first one came came snapped in half but eventually got a second one that was in good shape. Initially tried to transfer all the components over to the new wood, carefully pried the art panel off, got to the speaker grills and wasn't sure how to remove them without damaging them, they appear to be tacked in with some tiny finishing nails.

I stopped in my tracks there, assembled the original speaker panel back together and decided I'll just order all the parts and build a new panel from scratch. Got a color dmd, it's great. Got a reproduction art panel, disappointed in the quality so I'll most likely use the original after polishing out some scratches. Got reproduction speaker grills, twice got poorly painted grills, and I knew going into this but they don't use the original speaker grill pattern so I don't really care for the look of them.

So now I'm back to do I attempt to pry off the original speaker grills, or do I attempt to cut out the jackpots on the original wood panel? I'm also of the mindset that maybe the jackpot lights aren't worth the hassle. I've already talked myself out off installing the lighting board for the lost plastic. I could use some advice here.

#10348 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

TLDR; Is there a way to safely remove the speaker grills from the speaker panel without damaging them?
Long story here, I've been sitting on a jackpot light mod for like 15 years and I want to get this dang thing installed. I decided I didn't want to mess with doing the cut outs on the original wood panel so I ordered a CNC'd reproduction with the jackpots cut out, first one came came snapped in half but eventually got a second one that was in good shape. Initially tried to transfer all the components over to the new wood, carefully pried the art panel off, got to the speaker grills and wasn't sure how to remove them without damaging them, they appear to be tacked in with some tiny finishing nails.
I stopped in my tracks there, assembled the original speaker panel back together and decided I'll just order all the parts and build a new panel from scratch. Got a color dmd, it's great. Got a reproduction art panel, disappointed in the quality so I'll most likely use the original after polishing out some scratches. Got reproduction speaker grills, twice got poorly painted grills, and I knew going into this but they don't use the original speaker grill pattern so I don't really care for the look of them.
So now I'm back to do I attempt to pry off the original speaker grills, or do I attempt to cut out the jackpots on the original wood panel? I'm also of the mindset that maybe the jackpot lights aren't worth the hassle. I've already talked myself out off installing the lighting board for the lost plastic. I could use some advice here.

Does no one make good reproduction speaker panels?

Modfathers metal is wrong iirc

#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does no one make good reproduction speaker panels?
Modfathers metal is wrong iirc

I haven’t found good repros. I took a chance on modfather ones and i really didn’t like the metal.

I wonder if someone clever could just make a stencil to repaint the originals? I’m not crafty enough to to create the stencil, but I could buy one…

#10350 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I haven’t found good repros. I took a chance on modfather ones and i really didn’t like the metal.
I wonder if someone clever could just make a stencil to repaint the originals? I’m not crafty enough to to create the stencil, but I could buy one…

I have an image of the stencil, I considered making the vector paths from it in Photoshop and have my wife cut it out on the Cricut. I'd still have to source the right grill material with the correct hole pattern at the right size, and then go through the process of color matching to the original. At that point I was like I'll just throw money at the issue but the options I've come across aren't as good as I would like. So now I'm back to can I remove the originals and transfer them to a new panel without mangling them. Maybe if I have more free time in the future I'll work on making my own reproduction grills.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 1,419.00
$ 12.95
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.