IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 234.
#10251 1 year ago

Found it - Adjustment A.1 #33.

#10252 1 year ago

5-Ribbon set from marco for Indiana Jones
RC1382 $ 44.99

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

The first time I heard fish of tales I was like, wtf lol
Have you guys ever held both flippers then hit start. Go to mine cart, and crash through the 4th right closed gate? It is so awesome!!!

Rad! Just did it.

#10254 1 year ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Found it - Adjustment A.1 #33.

Thank you

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

A lot of these widebody games were crammed full of features. So many features that there's an 8-Driver Auxiliary board that implements an additional 8x controlled solenoid (or flasher) drives on top of the available 28x that are standard (16x inductive diode protected, 4x resistive not diode protected and 8x general purpose selectively diode protected). This 8-Driver board can also implement another whole column of switches (actually 2 whole columns but only one was actually used). However, it doesn't implement more lamp columns.
There are techniques that the game designers (implementation engineers actually) can do to get some extra switches or lamps without the 8-Driver board. If there is a fliptronic board and not all 4 flippers are being used, those unused flipper drive transistors and playfield/cabinet opto switches can be re-purposed for other things. The drive transistors can drive additional solenoids and the opto switches can be used for other playfield purposes. You will find that this is true for this game (the E-N-T drop targets are re-purposed flipper switches and the POA diverter/post are re-purposed flipper solenoids).
The one thing that is NOT easy to do is get more available lamps. Not easy but not impossible.
One trick Williams did was to use the GI circuits. The GI circuits have limited software control. They can be dimmed but are dimmed as a group. In WPC-89, there are five strings that can be individually controlled. These are BRN/WHT-BRN, ORG/WHT-ORG, YEL/WHT-YEL, GRN/WHT-GRN and VIO/WHT-VIO. The VIO/WHT-VIO (hereafter known as VIO) is also dedicated to the cabinet (coin door). You will see that this string originates at J119. The coin door is ALWAYS the VIO string.
If you take a closer look at your playfield wiring, you will see the answer to your question.
[quoted image]
It is GI being used as software controlled lighting (as a group). The game is out of software controlled lamps in the lamp matrix. The VIO string is being used as a feature. The side-effect is that when the feature is OFF (i.e. you are playing one of the modes) then the coin door lamps are OFF. I assume Williams did this because the "LITES HAND OF FATE" is usually on and only off when playing a mode. It was probably hoped that the player would not notice the coin door lamps going out because they would be too busy playing the game.
For those interested:

The Terminator 2 "CPU" in the center of that playfield is also GI under mode control.
The Twilight Zone "clock" in the translight is also GI under mode control.

Wow, very informative. Thank you for taking the time.

#10256 1 year ago

Yeah, I bookmarked that post! excellent info

Quoted from SFBP36:

Wow, very informative. Thank you for taking the time.

#10257 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

5-Ribbon set from marco for Indiana Jones
RC1382 $ 44.99

Thanx !

#10258 1 year ago

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me.
I purchased tilt topper, a while back. Can someone tell me which voltage or voltages it take. It would be installed in a Williams, and I believe has a power tap with it.

Thanks

#10259 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me.
I purchased tilt topper, a while back. Can someone tell me which voltage or voltages it take. It would be installed in a Williams, and I believe has a power tap with it.
Thanks

Try hitting up Habeboo for info.

There is also a thread here that might have some more information on the installation.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-pinball-topper-by-tilttopper

Would love to see it in action once you have it installed.

#10260 1 year ago

Thanks for help

#10261 1 year ago

Been a while since Ive posted on thread so not sure what has changed in a few years....If anyone can post a reply that would be great. Looking at an indy with rough faded cab. Is anyone make new cabs with art applied? Is POA motor and opto board still avail? Is there still a new mod shot bracket which helps with kick outs? Thx in advance

#10262 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Been a while since Ive posted on thread so not sure what has changed in a few years....If anyone can post a reply that would be great. Looking at an indy with rough faded cab. Is anyone make new cabs with art applied? Is POA motor and opto board still avail? Is there still a new mod shot bracket which helps with kick outs? Thx in advance

I did a re-decal on my IJ a couple of years ago. It was a project. I got my decals from ministry I believe? I’ve heard radcals are way easier to install. I might have a poa board and motor? The boards are for sale still, the motor check at Marco. As far as the trough or kick outs I’ve never had issues.

#10263 1 year ago

I did a re-decal on my IJ a couple of years ago. It was a project. I got my decals from ministry I believe? I’ve heard radcals are way easier to install. I might have a poa board and motor? The boards are for sale still the motor check at Marco. As far as the trough or kick outs I’ve never had issues.

Yes Marco has the motor and most everything that's where I got my motor

#10264 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is there still a new mod shot bracket which helps with kick outs? Thx in advance

Cliffy at passion for pinball has a few solutions you may be interested in

#10265 1 year ago

I will be joining this club soon, I’m looking for parts, so any help will be most appreciated. This machine is in parts and missing some things…. Some things I will have to make I’m sure

Rear bridge ramp
Left ball ramp
Left ball catch that the upper playfield feeds to that connects to the wire form
The main metal ramp
The entire subway
Idol Rotor Lock motor unit part A-16228 (I have the motor, just not the mech
Ball plate assembly A-16224
Path of adventure bracket and optos #01-11176 (I have the motor)
Metal ramp after the idol lock
Ball gate assembly at the right inlane

And pretty much every rollover switch with bracket in the whole game

Thank you for reading this garbage post

Yeah, I know it’s a lot

#10266 1 year ago

Would the PinSound board and PinSound shaker work with EndProdukt's sound track with a WMS IJ? There are the files for EndProdukt's soundtrack version available at the PS community, but does it have the shaker codes also (which I guess are needed for the PinSound shaker to work)?

Thanks for any info!

#10267 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Would the PinSound board and PinSound shaker work with EndProdukt's sound track with a WMS IJ? There are the files for EndProdukt's soundtrack version available at the PS community, but does it have the shaker codes also (which I guess are needed for the PinSound shaker to work)?
Thanks for any info!

The shaker code is separate by game and loaded into the smaller shaker controller board (you choose the game at checkout). I have the shaker on my LOTR and it functions the same regardless of the sound track I choose as far as I can tell. I have the board and shaker for my IJ but haven't gotten far enough along to install it yet.

#10268 1 year ago

Yes I have Pinsound and shaker with that code. Lots of shaking.

#10269 1 year ago

Jarbyjibbo and beltking Thank you very much for the info!

#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I had some interest re possible Cliffy (and possibly Mantis also) protection for the hole around and behind the bank of idols drops, but was having difficulty in pinpointing the exact part #s for this at their respective sites. It seemed like they were geared to selling fuller *sets* of parts, most of which looked unnecessary or irrelevant for my case.

#10271 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

FYI, I talked with Cliff on Monday and he let me know he is a bit backed up right now, still processing orders from October, so it may be a bit of a wait if you go directly through him.

#10272 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

If everything goes well, the new airball protector batch will be ready in February.
This version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/118#post-5621982

Hey Davi any update on when these might become available? Thanks again for making these, much appreciated.

#10273 1 year ago

Question about the left-side ball gate (the one next to the "I" at the top). I did a recent full playfield teardown and rebuild, and post rebuild the gate is not "springy" when struck with the ball post launch.

I seem to recall (and youtube play videos seem to verify) that after launching, the ball hits this gate and bounces back, giving a random chance of hitting any of the top lanes. On mine, it almost always hits the gate and then goes into the "I" (occasionally getting enough bounce to get to the "N").

The gate mechanism seems to be working correctly (and importantly, it correctly opens when required in both play and in the single switch test for that gate).

I can't seem to see how it's misconfigured, so I thought I'd ask if there's something obvious I'm missing, or if I've misremembered how responsive the gate is to the pinball post-launch.

#10274 1 year ago
Quoted from darkpawns:

Question about the left-side ball gate (the one next to the "I" at the top). I did a recent full playfield teardown and rebuild, and post rebuild the gate is not "springy" when struck with the ball post launch.
I seem to recall (and youtube play videos seem to verify) that after launching, the ball hits this gate and bounces back, giving a random chance of hitting any of the top lanes. On mine, it almost always hits the gate and then goes into the "I" (occasionally getting enough bounce to get to the "N").
The gate mechanism seems to be working correctly (and importantly, it correctly opens when required in both play and in the single switch test for that gate).
I can't seem to see how it's misconfigured, so I thought I'd ask if there's something obvious I'm missing, or if I've misremembered how responsive the gate is to the pinball post-launch.

Post a pic of how your’s is sitting so that we can compare - might be able to spot something wrong for you

#10275 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Post a pic of how your’s is sitting so that we can compare - might be able to spot something wrong for you

Went to get a quick video and was reminded of an important lesson - what you think is happening is not necessarily happening! It looks like the actual issue is that the ball doesn't hit the gate at all, but the metal barrier just south of it.

I've rechecked the level of the playfield (looks good), so at a loss as to what could be causing the ball to lose its arc as it makes its way up to this area. I removed any interference from the right gate as a potential cause. Curious to hear others' thoughts.

IJPA_upper_left_issue (resized).pngIJPA_upper_left_issue (resized).png
#10276 1 year ago

That's odd its seems too me that the ball doesn't have the push too get too that area at all just maybe it's the coil that shoots the ball not sure

#10277 1 year ago

Looking at purchasing the radcals from mirco, any issues with these?

#10278 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Looking at purchasing the radcals from mirco, any issues with these?

Just installed mine on tz and wh2o and they were great to work with (ok a more talented person than I did most of the work), but it’s very forgiving and the result is great. Hoping to do my ij next. Took about two hours. Note that you do not need to remove the side rails…

3242B1A7-8268-417C-8DC9-6379830D48C6 (resized).jpeg3242B1A7-8268-417C-8DC9-6379830D48C6 (resized).jpeg535C6388-4E77-4782-B42C-42768172DB90 (resized).jpeg535C6388-4E77-4782-B42C-42768172DB90 (resized).jpegB182757A-6FA2-408A-87A4-A78A6E2605E9 (resized).jpegB182757A-6FA2-408A-87A4-A78A6E2605E9 (resized).jpeg

#10279 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Just installed mine on tz and wh2o and they were great to work with (ok a more talented person than I did most of the work), but it’s very forgiving and the result is great. Hoping to do my ij next. Took about two hours. Note that you do not need to remove the side rails…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Thank you

Are all radcals of this nature made from the same manufacturer? I’m curious of the quality of the print as well

#10280 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Nice! Thank you
Are all radcals of this nature made from the same manufacturer? I’m curious of the quality of the print as well

Yes Mirco makes them.

#10281 1 year ago

Do these apply on top of the existing art then? Probably the worst cosmetic issue on my table is the cabinet art, overall slightly faded, but way worse on one side of the back box. I've avoided addressing it cause it seems like a nightmare to deal with, and being up against other machines I don't notice it that often. It would be nice to address at some point.

#10282 1 year ago

I’m trying to decide between the regular radcals for wh20 or the mirrors. Kind of like mirrors. Have regular in Indy bc they don’t make mirrors. Thoughts?

B44EDD3C-630D-40B8-BE16-10AA55493847 (resized).pngB44EDD3C-630D-40B8-BE16-10AA55493847 (resized).png
#10283 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Do these apply on top of the existing art then? Probably the worst cosmetic issue on my table is the cabinet art, overall slightly faded, but way worse on one side of the back box. I've avoided addressing it cause it seems like a nightmare to deal with, and being up against other machines I don't notice it that often. It would be nice to address at some point.

Sure does. I also avoided… I had them lying around for about two years and then in one week, had them both done in 2 sessions. You do have to drill for all the bolts and flippers buttons, with the start and extra ball buttons having to precise and centered as those aren’t covered and by the flippers buttons and/or bolts.

Quoted from beltking:

I’m trying to decide between the regular radcals for wh20 or the mirrors. Kind of like mirrors. Have regular in Indy bc they don’t make mirrors. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

When I got mine two years back I didn’t notice the mirrored option, may not have been available yet or maybe I just missed them. But yea I noticed they’re not available for IJ. I am eyeing the ones for CV though…

A4CD953F-CB59-477A-99D1-327D5D0A7BEF (resized).jpegA4CD953F-CB59-477A-99D1-327D5D0A7BEF (resized).jpegAC0CEFCA-4962-453C-9869-04C60F50F19A (resized).jpegAC0CEFCA-4962-453C-9869-04C60F50F19A (resized).jpegD7A25B08-980C-40C2-BD13-4752191B6F26 (resized).jpegD7A25B08-980C-40C2-BD13-4752191B6F26 (resized).jpeg
#10284 1 year ago

I think I bought my IJ cabinet decals from Bay Area Amusements or Planetary Pinball several years ago. I had never installed them, but they got wet/damaged in storage. I’d like to replace them with the best available product. Are there any licensed cabinet decals available now or something equivalent to original? Thanks for any input!

#10285 1 year ago
Quoted from cburnett11:

I think I bought my IJ cabinet decals from Bay Area Amusements or Planetary Pinball several years ago. I had never installed them, but they got wet/damaged in storage. I’d like to replace them with the best available product. Are there any licensed cabinet decals available now or something equivalent to original? Thanks for any input!

Mirco does for sure… I don’t know how good they are but they’re licensed.
https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/indiana-jones-decals

#10286 1 year ago

Mirco rad cals. Imo must sand wood down and do a black sraypaint in wood before applying. People have had issues with seeing old behind the new.

4C9B94FF-8EC8-4818-9939-AB869D1D3F72 (resized).jpeg4C9B94FF-8EC8-4818-9939-AB869D1D3F72 (resized).jpeg9138B626-A90B-461D-8F30-301D41DA0D44 (resized).jpeg9138B626-A90B-461D-8F30-301D41DA0D44 (resized).jpegDFA00D35-9B76-48FC-A1A0-95E1D566FE84 (resized).jpegDFA00D35-9B76-48FC-A1A0-95E1D566FE84 (resized).jpeg
#10287 1 year ago

anyone looking for a heafty discount on a mirco glitter playfield package, pm me. Dont have time to restore IJ like I thought I would

#10288 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Mirco rad cals. Imo must sand wood down and do a black sraypaint in wood before applying. People have had issues with seeing old behind the new.

This 100%, don't go new over old on IJ. There are photos out there of why.

#10289 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Hey Davi any update on when these might become available? Thanks again for making these, much appreciated.

No progress - so end of March is the new date.

#10290 1 year ago
Quoted from darkpawns:

Went to get a quick video and was reminded of an important lesson - what you think is happening is not necessarily happening! It looks like the actual issue is that the ball doesn't hit the gate at all, but the metal barrier just south of it.
I've rechecked the level of the playfield (looks good), so at a loss as to what could be causing the ball to lose its arc as it makes its way up to this area. I removed any interference from the right gate as a potential cause. Curious to hear others' thoughts.[quoted image]

Check that there's no obstruction as the ball exits the shooter lane under the idol plastic - check that the orbit ball guide isn't sitting proud of the shooter lane exit and slowing the ball. If you can't find anything then as Williampinball posted, I'd start looking at the plunger - in particular check the plunger armature, spring and coil sleeve. Given the ball is still making it up to the rollover lanes, it's possible that all the parts will most likely look good so if nothing is obvious I'd drop in a new coil sleeve as a starter.

Let us know how you get on

#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

This 100%, don't go new over old on IJ. There are photos out there of why.

I would think you can do body work over the old decals, then paint black. Sand smooth and apply radcals?

#10292 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Check that there's no obstruction as the ball exits the shooter lane under the idol plastic - check that the orbit ball guide isn't sitting proud of the shooter lane exit and slowing the ball. If you can't find anything then as Williampinball posted, I'd start looking at the plunger - in particular check the plunger armature, spring and coil sleeve. Given the ball is still making it up to the rollover lanes, it's possible that all the parts will most likely look good so if nothing is obvious I'd drop in a new coil sleeve as a starter.
Let us know how you get on

Thank you both! Great tips. It ended up being the coil - measured resistance at about 3 where it should be 4.2. Swapped with the one from the knocker (both AE-23-800) and now there's enough velocity for some bouncy action above the top lanes.

#10293 1 year ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

I would think you can do body work over the old decals, then paint black. Sand smooth and apply radcals?

Sure absolutely that is an option but that wasn't exactly what was asked. If you're going to go through all that trouble though, you might as well just do it right. I just don't do body work to a sticker vs the base wood of the cabinet. If you want to do a quickie job then yea, you can paint the decals black. Obviously if you have some significant defects in the cabinet, it's going to take some additional effort.

#10294 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

anyone looking for a heafty discount on a mirco glitter playfield package, pm me. Dont have time to restore IJ like I thought I would

Pm sent

#10295 1 year ago

can anyone tell me what recommended roms to use for MPU and sound?

#10296 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

can anyone tell me what recommended roms to use for MPU and sound?

L-7 & L-3 I believe
Matt’s basement arcade is where I’ve gotten roms before.

#10297 1 year ago

L-7 & L-3 I believe
Matt’s basement arcade is where I’ve gotten roms before.

thank you, that helps

#10298 1 year ago

I am selling some reproduction IJ aprons at a steep discount due to minor finishing imperfections if anyone is interested:

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I have 3 reproduction aprons/arches for Williams Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure available for sale. They have been test fit on 2 separate IJ machines to validate the fit, an...”
2023-03-06
Sterling, VA
65 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 178 times

#10299 1 year ago

Does anyone have an extra/backup set of red path of adventure plastics they would consider selling? PM me and let me know your price.

Thanks!

#10300 1 year ago

I have a major malfunction after replacing dead battery's on my Indy. It was remote mounted with wooden blocks so no damage. It rebooted into a factory reset and now the center shoot solenoid lock pin won't stop firing like it's looking for a ball. A test shows mini playfield limit switch errors, Idol and drop target sw errors. The game has been playing perfectly and has a new playfield, rottendog and pinsound boards. This makes no sense at all.

update: I removed the battery's and let it do a reset again and it fixed it. So weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/206?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.