AFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpeg
873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210925_160223 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211004_161733 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2A5367DD-87E5-40DC-806B-80B6D0F46FA8 (resized).jpeg
9E1EAE18-DEFB-48DB-A0D9-2F1E3C6AFA13 (resized).jpeg
E9B182E5-8B18-4989-8C4D-C86C7332D8D3 (resized).jpeg

There are 9123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 183.
#51 7 years ago

I'll check mine tomorrow. On another note, I recently purchased mine with the tip of a fellow Pinsider and I want to post my experience but I need to finish my restore before presenting it. One thing i'm having trouble is finding a set of new gold legs. Do any fellow Indy owners here know where I can procure a set?

Thanks

#52 7 years ago

I was gonna say pinball life for the gold legs but it seems they do not carry the gold legs any longer. Wow. I guess Im gonna need to have my originals sent off to chesnut.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I was gonna say pinball life for the gold legs but it seems they do not carry the gold legs any longer. Wow. I guess Im gonna need to have my originals sent off to chesnut.

I'd be interested in doing the same. I think he keeps completed sets on hand and just swaps them with you for a quick turnaround. Anyone know his price for a set?

#54 7 years ago

Ok. I'll jump on board! Any excuse to show off the beauty that I rescued from a dark basement where it sat since the original owner purchased it new in '93. It's the nicest original, unrestored, unmodded, unmolested IJ that I've ever seen!
Sick, right?
frontview.JPGbackview.JPGpf.JPG

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Ok. I'll jump on board! Any excuse to show off the beauty that I rescued from a dark basement where it sat since the original owner purchased it new in '93. It's the nicest original, unrestored, unmodded, unmolested IJ that I've ever seen!
Sick, right?

frontview.JPG 207 KB

backview.JPG 166 KB

pf.JPG 757 KB

Now that's perdy. Nothing like all original HUO...

#56 7 years ago

Incidentally ... how high do your flippers extend? Curious how an HUO one is set.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Incidentally ... how high do your flippers extend? Curious how an HUO one is set.

I will get you a pic posted soon!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Spectacular!

Mine isn't nearly as nice, but it DOES have a spot of honor in the basement, since it leads off the row with its best side, and is generally the first thing people see when they come downstairs. (The other side is slightly faded...but to be honest, nobody notices).

Pete

2013-02-09 13.14.33.jpg
#59 7 years ago

How many of you also own the Stern Indy?

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not me, I played one on location and got bored of it leaving two free games and a ball on it. Gave them to a friend to play out. Tried playing it again with a friend (different machine) and he was "Like when do I get to play?". Not for me.

#61 7 years ago

FYI: Here is an earlier thread on the same subject:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-owners-thread

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I own and enjoy the Stern Indy. It was my first pin and it won't ever be leaving.

My hope is that one day someone updates the code - the theme is way too cool to be wasted on such a shallow ruleset.

2 weeks later
#63 7 years ago

Anyone know where I can find these apron cards?

image.jpg
#64 7 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

image.jpg 543 KB

I'll scan mine if you'd like...

#65 7 years ago

Happy to have just joined the club a week ago. Today i put new Idol target decals on, 2 apron stickers and PDI glass is coming this week. Loving this game. So many shots, so well integrated. Also looking for the gold legs...who's got them?

Cabinet is faded.....but i cant imagine the challenge of that task...should i really care?

#66 7 years ago

I will be a member as of tomorrow!!! Get ready for the MODS !!!

#67 7 years ago

I am a member, but alas Indy is sick

#68 7 years ago

A member here!

It has an original unfaded cabinet. It's also an early production run (has the display panel cutout for the lamps, has the lost plastic, has a white 'super jackpot' insert, rope bridge lighting, ..)

#69 7 years ago

Love my IJ. On the flipper alignment question, I assume it's designed that way but not sure how. The flipper range is determined by the mechanical parts underneath. It may have something todo with the angle of the in lanes being steeper by a degree or two which would cause the end point of the upward flipper travel to be lower.

Two solutions. Realign flippers to angle slightly higher at rest or file down the plunger to allow for more travel. Not sure how that might affect flipper performance

#70 7 years ago

Still working on it--- but so far so good!!
IMG_5815.JPGIMG_5814.JPGIMG_5816.JPGIMG_5810.JPG

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Still working on it--- but so far so good!!

IMG_5810.JPG 276 KB

IMG_5816.JPG 295 KB

IMG_5814.JPG 224 KB

IMG_5815.JPG 230 KB

Not sure of all that you did, but that path of adventure sure looks great.

#72 7 years ago

In regards to flipper assemblies and the way the affect the flipper travel (your flippers not raising high enough): If you go to Pinball Life, take a look at all the different styles of flipper linkages that were available from the beginning of the 90's all the way up to Pin2000. I was told by a source I respect, that some operators/owners would replace flippers from WPC and WPC95 games with Pin2000 flipper linkages, and there were certain differences with the Pin2000 flipper linkages that would result in shorter flipper travel distances when Pin2000 flipper linkages were used in games that weren't designed for them.

If you call or e-mail Terry at Pinball Life, I'm sure he could spill the beans on this, but you may want to ensure the correct style linkages are installed. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=244

#73 7 years ago

Anyone have photos / instructions fro how to install the Indiana Jones Lost Plastic Lamp Kit into the game? All I have at this point are photos that show how to drill the backboard but not how to actually install it. thanks

#74 7 years ago

I finally fixed the mode hole problem. Seems like it would only stay in there about 1 in 4 or 5 times when I would hit it with the right flipper. I tried Velcro with no success. What I did use was a small strip of VHB tape. The side the ball hits stops being sticky and the tape absorbs he hit really well. It's popped out probably ounce in the last 50 hits.

#75 7 years ago

The mode hole is what it is. The shot must be finessed. Left shot backhand is my preference. I don't think it's meant to "stick" every time.

Pdi glass added. Wow.

Bought a $5 Indiana jones whip on amazon. It adorns the machine. Yes, I'm crazy (wife is giving me the stink eye)

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

The mode hole is what it is. The shot must be finessed. Left shot backhand is my preference. I don't think it's meant to "stick" every time.
Pdi glass added. Wow.
Bought a $5 Indiana jones whip on amazon. It adorns the machine. Yes, I'm crazy (wife is giving me the stink eye)

I dunno hitting that shot with no bounce out feels pretty darn good!!
I'm putting a sheet of PDI on today.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Anybody get the Frog Bonus?
» YouTube video

Heard about it, but this is the first time I've seen the vid. Very cool!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Question for other IJ owners ... the only thing I find a bit frustration with IJ is the very short stroke on the flippers. It really feels like the flippers are restricted so much during play ... like it would be a much faster (and more enjoyable) pin if the flippers were just snappier and extended further up. It would be easier to cradle a ball and the overall control of the ball would seem so much better. Anyone mod their IJ for better flipper power and stroke?

So as it turns out I made a rookie mistake. All my IJ needed was a flipper rebuild. The bushings & linkage had some serious wear. So much so that the flippers would droop after being hit. I had purchased this "restored" about a year ago and would have thought the previous owner would have done this. Lesson learned. That aside, my IJ (now with completely rebuilt flippers) plays like a whole new game. So much more fun.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

So as it turns out I made a rookie mistake. All my IJ needed was a flipper rebuild. The bushings & linkage had some serious wear. So much so that the flippers would droop after being hit. I had purchased this "restored" about a year ago and would have thought the previous owner would have done this. Lesson learned. That aside, my IJ (now with completely rebuilt flippers) plays like a whole new game. So much more fun.

Sighhhh, I am not a professional restorer. But even if I buy a game that has had "rebuilt flippers" I always always always spend the $50 and 45 min of work rebuilding the flipper as soon as the game hits the lineup. I never take anyone's word on that one. Nothing like fresh snappy flippers.

#80 7 years ago

Does the right flipper on IJ only supposed to have one opto on the board. Mine does and the left side has two. Normal ? image-500.jpgimage.jpg

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

image.jpg 543 KB

Still no response from the apron cards (scanning won't work) Can someone help! I can't believe I can't find them...

#82 7 years ago

Working on my plane upgrade image-46.jpgimage.jpgimage-334.jpg

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Sighhhh, I am not a professional restorer. But even if I buy a game that has had "rebuilt flippers" I always always always spend the $50 and 45 min of work rebuilding the flipper as soon as the game hits the lineup. I never take anyone's word on that one. Nothing like fresh snappy flippers.

I'm making it a standard ritual to rebuild the flippers. Not necessarily buying all new parts. But they will get a thorough assessment, cleaning, amd alignment. A snappy, well-aligned set of flippers can mean a huge difference in gameplay. My IJ is now a whole new game. Love it.

1 week later
#84 7 years ago

New member as of this weekend! Never had much time on this table at release. I'm still learning the intricacies of the layout, but so far I love it! The first time my wife got Well of Souls she thought she broke the machine.

image.jpgimage-985.jpg

#85 7 years ago

Well of Souls is such a fantastic mode.

1 week later
#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Does the right flipper on IJ only supposed to have one opto on the board. Mine does and the left side has two. Normal ?

Not Normal, but not a problem either. The Optos on the board are designed to run two flippers (one for each opto). Your machine probably had the one go out at some point so they moved the other one. Works fine with games with only one flipper on that side.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Well of Souls is such a fantastic mode.

Was playing IJ last night during the well of souls round the balls kept getting caught up in the idol. The yellow flap that releases the balls would not let them release from the idol. During a test mode it worked any ideas on the problem ?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Was playing IJ last night during the well of souls round the balls kept getting caught up in the idol. The yellow flap that releases the balls would not let them release from the idol. During a test mode it worked any ideas on the problem ?

I would check the set screw on the idol.
I ran into the same issue and tighening the set screw seemed to fix it.
I would also check/clean the optos.

Steve

#89 7 years ago

Thanks I'll take a look as soon as I can

#90 7 years ago

This was one of the games that got me into pinball big time in the first place. I owned one for about 7 years, and got to the point where I could get to the wizard mode pretty much every time. Looooooove everything about this game. Never hit the billion though. One time, I hit every shot on the playfield, hit the left side of the POA, and ran out of time just as the ball was going to roll over the final switch on the right side of the POA. Talk about heartbreak. In honor of the game, I've got a picture of the playfield on my debit card.

1 week later
#91 7 years ago

One month after a flipper rebuild and I'm still loving my IJ. So glad I didn't sell it. Time to revisit getting some mods. Anyone care to tempt me with some pics/reviews of good quality mods? My only mod I have is the translucent backboard/lost plastic (that I still need to illuminate).

#92 7 years ago

Hey Darras welcome to the club

As for the instruction cards I looked everywhere for the ones pictured and could not find them either.
I would take someone up on the scan offer and have them printed.

Also fellow pinsider posted some cool cards on a different thread I will share them here as I think they are well done.

http://pinballcards.blogspot.com/

1 week later
#93 7 years ago

I'm looking to LED my IJ, but I need some recommendations. I usually color match most of the inserts, but with IJ, so many of the inserts have artwork on them. All the modes, ADVENTURE, and the faces are all hard to tell what color LED to use. Does anyone have suggestions of what they did that looked good?

I'd also be interested in non-color-bombed, good looking GI choices as well.

Thanks for any help!

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm looking to LED my IJ, but I need some recommendations. I usually color match most of the inserts, but with IJ, so many of the inserts have artwork on them. All the modes, ADVENTURE, and the faces are all hard to tell what color LED to use. Does anyone have suggestions of what they did that looked good?
I'd also be interested in non-color-bombed, good looking GI choices as well.
Thanks for any help!

I'm a bit undecided as well with LED use. I will say that I'd like to use color-changing LEDs for the Hand of Fate, Mode and Extra Ball inserts. Hand of fate is kinda blah as is with just a white insert. It needs something flashy.

#95 7 years ago

The cointaker IJ kit is the only one that I haven't liked. They use green for INDY and ADVENTURE and it looks awful.

I used warm white supers for those inserts and the POA GI.

Retro warm white for all main gi.

I used cool white supers for the 3 jackpot inserts to make them pop a bit from the mode inserts.

For the modes I color matched based on the graphics. Everything else is color matched. Ill post a pic tonight or tomorrow.

#96 7 years ago

Best club name ever.

#97 7 years ago

installed Pinbits shaker which is in "test" stage, very easy, and pretty cool. Nice job on their end.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

installed Pinbits shaker which is in "test" stage, very easy, and pretty cool. Nice job on their end.

So many good opportunities to integrate the shaker. I'm curious what modes are integrated ... I would think Dogfight, Loading the Idle, any gunshot, Monkey Brains (belches), Mine Cart (lane changes) ... awe heck the possibilities are endless.

3 weeks later
#99 7 years ago

I bought mine in April of 2013. I have enjoyed it since 1993 when it was first on location at the Silverball Arcade in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Great to look at, great to play, great to have. I love it.

2 weeks later
#100 7 years ago

Hi All,

i recently joined the IJ club as well. So far the machine has been great. I bought a machine that had definitely been on route and well loved. The person I bought it from though did a full shop job on the playfield (not restore), tore it down top to bottom and the game plays like it was new. It also had new decals installed (I was forunate to get a set from BAA when they pop up on occassion). A couple of questions to the group. I want to start doing easy modding and improving some of the visuals. Thoughts on the following:

- Some of my inserts have wear at the edges. Is there anything I can do without tearing down the entire playfield and clearing. I dont have skills or time to do a complete teardown. I see there are decals for the inserts... if I took out the inserts and applied the new decals would that be enough or would I need to clear or mylar ?

- Anyone ever restore the gun handle ? Any cheaper options then replating ?

- The one thing about this game is that the light show doesn't seem all to great. Any must do lighting mods.... I saw some cool idea's above.

- Is it easy to install the Lost Plastic ?

Sorry for all of the questions... I may have to post a few of these in a different forum.

Anyway great machine!

There are 9123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 183.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside