IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 234.
#9851 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I played a few games on it, sounds nice. The volumes are better, more consistent. If I have ONE minor complaint (maybe it is personal preference), the ball lock sounds are a bit underwhelming. It almost sounds as if it goes quiet immediately on the ball lock, a bit too quiet. To me that is a big moment when you lock a ball, and I'm used to being overwhelmed (or regular whelmed) by that action.

The reason it may seem like this is because it's an entirely aftermarket sound. So it may seem a bit out of place but when this happens you'll notice that none of the theme music is too loud. I'll take a look at it again and bump it up if it's not up to par. FYI.. I used audacity to modify the sound and just so you know the sound loudness was calibrated via the wave it created. It wasn't via my personal thought on it. I simply raised and lowered all notifications peak to a max sound level. The truth is the original machine actually didn't have this sound byte at all when it locked. It was just a visual notification on the DMD screen so getting this audio queue is definitely a treat, which is why I left it in.

#9852 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

The reason it may seem like this is because it's an entirely aftermarket sound. So it may seem a bit out of place but when this happens you'll notice that none of the theme music is too loud. I'll take a look at it again and bump it up if it's not up to par. FYI.. I used audacity to modify the sound and just so you know the sound loudness was calibrated via the wave it created. It wasn't via my personal thought on it. I simply raised and lowered all notifications peak to a max sound level. The truth is the original machine actually didn't have this sound byte at all when it locked. It was just a visual notification on the DMD screen so getting this audio queue is definitely a treat, which is why I left it in.

It's great, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying it, and yes it would be great if you bumped that track up on your next release. I don't know how to use this particular software (clearly by my previous questions) I'm just here for the pinball and a great soundtrack.

#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I played a few games on it, sounds nice. The volumes are better, more consistent. If I have ONE minor complaint (maybe it is personal preference), the ball lock sounds are a bit underwhelming. It almost sounds as if it goes quiet immediately on the ball lock, a bit too quiet. To me that is a big moment when you lock a ball, and I'm used to being overwhelmed (or regular whelmed) by that action.

What do you mean by goes quiet?

#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Awesome!
Not sure what a bend sheet is but you have my attention!
I would be willing to explore the possibility of making other IJ parts as well, like ball guides, ramps or else.

The bend sheet is a technical drawing that shows the bend lines and possibly the radiuses and bend angles.

Generally one makes a tech sheet the all of the views and dimensions if its done professionally.

If there are bends, one makes a bend sheet to list the bend locations and the angles.

These days I make a 3d model to verify the dimensions and fit.

I generate tech drawings after the fact.

#9855 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The bend sheet is a technical drawing that shows the bend lines and possibly the radiuses and bend angles.
Generally one makes a tech sheet the all of the views and dimensions if its done professionally.
If there are bends, one makes a bend sheet to list the bend locations and the angles.
These days I make a 3d model to verify the dimensions and fit.
I generate tech drawings after the fact.

Very cool!!

#9856 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What do you mean by goes quiet?

He changed the volume settings on each sound fx, theme, soundtrack and when I lock a ball while using this remix, the music goes down very low and there is not much sound for the first 2 or 3 seconds. I guess it's not something noticeable until the volume on the music is down. On many of the other mixes when you lock a ball it feels louder and more dynamic from a sound perspective. I think that is what happened...Jedi would know better though I assume.

#9857 1 year ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

The poa on ij that I just bought seems to have an issue tilting left correctly. It struggles and moves slowly, but tilts to the right very quickly. Does this indicate a faulty motor? It does it in test mode also. Is there something I could do to "loosen" up the motor to make it run smooth? The motor actually looks pretty new. So I'm hoping I won't need to purchase a new one.[quoted image]

I had this issue and after cleaning the poa optos and adjustusting and testing all seemed good. was still an intermittent issue during play. a friend recommended swapping the flipper boards. All is working agan.

1 week later
#9858 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I just tried updating my Pinsound with @jedi_gill's mix but I get an error about no WAV files... I have an original Pinsound 1 board- does anyone know if those boards can't handle OGG files?

#9859 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

He changed the volume settings on each sound fx, theme, soundtrack and when I lock a ball while using this remix, the music goes down very low and there is not much sound for the first 2 or 3 seconds. I guess it's not something noticeable until the volume on the music is down. On many of the other mixes when you lock a ball it feels louder and more dynamic from a sound perspective. I think that is what happened...Jedi would know better though I assume.

So I looked into this issue and here lies the problem. The IJ machine was never meant to play 2 sound files at the same time for this locked ball action. It plays the regular sound in the original machine and a locked ball sound clip. This package actually is a dynamic one where it switches around a few ball lock sounds and even properly announces multiball on the 3rd lock. When I first downloaded the Endproduct version, the most obvious thing that was broken was that the music and ball locked went off at the same time, making it seem like it was broken. This glitch is actually what motivated me to try to fix this problem in the first place. I then also noticed the other sounds where either too high in points or too low and it just wasn't standard across the board.

I have now normalized all music sounds to a certain decible and all callouts are a bit louder, again at a certain decible range. I managed to finally find a fix for this lock ball and music playing at the same time but tricking the machine into playing both sound still but the callout I added empty space in the beginning of the sound, so that way the music can play without being overshadowed and once the music is about to end it says "Ball locked" or "multiball" unfortunately the machine wasn't built to handle this and what it does is lower the music volume a bit in the beginning to make room for the empty sound and then correctly plays both files one after another.

I'll try to play with it, to see if I can raise the volume when it's quiet and then when it normalizes to go back to normal but I can't promise to see if it's even possible. It may default to a low volume setting and I can't raise it no matter what I select. This may be just a limitation of the software/hardware. The reason other packages make this sound louder is because they don't have a ball locked sound, and only one sound file plays. Please keep that in mind. I think what I created is a good compromise.

#9860 1 year ago

BTW I've messaged the mods at PINsound to approve my updated file which, the change only reduces the long files to shorter ones to assist with people not being able to unpack the files.

As a solution, please just download to the root of C: and then unzip there; It should work fine and go in the folders and shorten the long folders or files if you wish without changing the numbers. As mentioned I did this for you, but just waiting for Pinsound mods to approve it. I wish they would just grant me rights as the owner to approve my own files.

#9861 1 year ago

You know instead of waiting for Pinsound to update my uploaded file. I'm simply going to share it on my personal Dropbox here. Feel free to click the link below to get it. Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sngvyyivjaoaod0/Jedi_Re_Remaster%20of%20Endproduk.zip?dl=0

#9862 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

You know instead of waiting for Pinsound to update my uploaded file. I'm simply going to share it on my personal Dropbox here. Feel free to click the link below to get it. Enjoy.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sgva12m9iokw9j/Jedi_Re_Remaster%20of%20Endproduk.7z?dl=0

Are you able to look at the aggressiveness of the shaker? In some cases on the Endproduct version it shake so hard that my playfield is jumping. I had to turn off the shaker completely as it would destroy the machine. It is already set to low power but that doesn't help. I have read on this thread that others have the same issue so I don't know if it something that could be turned down in the pinsound file or not.

#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Are you able to look at the aggressiveness of the shaker? In some cases on the Endproduct version it shake so hard that my playfield is jumping. I had to turn off the shaker completely as it would destroy the machine. It is already set to low power but that doesn't help. I have read on this thread that others have the same issue so I don't know if it something that could be turned down in the pinsound file or not.

You can adjust the shakers in the pinsound studio or remove them.

If they are all removed you can use the embedded ones on the ROM.

#9864 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

So I looked into this issue and here lies the problem. The IJ machine was never meant to play 2 sound files at the same time for this locked ball action. It plays the regular sound in the original machine and a locked ball sound clip. This package actually is a dynamic one where it switches around a few ball lock sounds and even properly announces multiball on the 3rd lock. When I first downloaded the Endproduct version, the most obvious thing that was broken was that the music and ball locked went off at the same time, making it seem like it was broken. This glitch is actually what motivated me to try to fix this problem in the first place. I then also noticed the other sounds where either too high in points or too low and it just wasn't standard across the board.
I have now normalized all music sounds to a certain decible and all callouts are a bit louder, again at a certain decible range. I managed to finally find a fix for this lock ball and music playing at the same time but tricking the machine into playing both sound still but the callout I added empty space in the beginning of the sound, so that way the music can play without being overshadowed and once the music is about to end it says "Ball locked" or "multiball" unfortunately the machine wasn't built to handle this and what it does is lower the music volume a bit in the beginning to make room for the empty sound and then correctly plays both files one after another.
I'll try to play with it, to see if I can raise the volume when it's quiet and then when it normalizes to go back to normal but I can't promise to see if it's even possible. It may default to a low volume setting and I can't raise it no matter what I select. This may be just a limitation of the software/hardware. The reason other packages make this sound louder is because they don't have a ball locked sound, and only one sound file plays. Please keep that in mind. I think what I created is a good compromise.

Thanks for your time and effort on this! I'm sure many are appreciative of the work. I tried it again and it was a little better but yes, there is still a drop in sound for the first 1-2 full seconds. So far this is the only complaint I've had with the remix, and based on your description it sounds like I just need to get used to it. I'm sure I will over time.

Just a note to those trying to install it, I had a problem with the 7z file, the pinsound board didn't recognize the file so I extracted it then re-zipped it as a .zip. I also ensured there were no extra subfolders as a result. Then it worked just fine.

#9865 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks for your time and effort on this! I'm sure many are appreciative of the work. I tried it again and it was a little better but yes, there is still a drop in sound for the first 1-2 full seconds. So far this is the only complaint I've had with the remix, and based on your description it sounds like I just need to get used to it. I'm sure I will over time.
Just a note to those trying to install it, I had a problem with the 7z file, the pinsound board didn't recognize the file so I extracted it then re-zipped it as a .zip. I also ensured there were no extra subfolders as a result. Then it worked just fine.

My apologies, you are correct I used 7zip instead of a regular zip. I have updated the shared file and changed it to a regular .zip to avoid any confusion. Here it is again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sngvyyivjaoaod0/Jedi_Re_Remaster%20of%20Endproduk.zip?dl=0

#9866 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

My apologies, you are correct I used 7zip instead of a regular zip. I have updated the shared file and changed it to a regular .zip to avoid any confusion. Here it is again.

Hey just a little more debugging if you don't mind. The music on the Three Challenges is so soft I can barely hear it. I imagine that was not intentional.

On the ball lock...would you consider not lowering the music on just that one event? I feel it really needs to be loud and stay loud the instant that ball locks.

I really like the other little features you have done.

#9867 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey just a little more debugging if you don't mind. The music on the Three Challenges is so soft I can barely hear it. I imagine that was not intentional.
On the ball lock...would you consider not lowering the music on just that one event? I feel it really needs to be loud and stay loud the instant that ball locks.
I really like the other little features you have done.

Thanks!

#9868 1 year ago

Question, with the head being 100% occupied by the WPC system, where are you guys installing the Pinsound board? In the cabinet?

#9869 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Question, with the head being 100% occupied by the WPC system, where are you guys installing the Pinsound board? In the cabinet?

The pinsound board replaces the WPC sound board so it just fits in the same spot.

#9870 1 year ago
Quoted from PBFan:

The pinsound board replaces the WPC sound board so it just fits in the same spot.

ah! that makes sense, I thought it was needed in conjunction with the old one. Thanks

#9871 1 year ago

Set a new personal high score tonight. What a great game this is. I'm thankful to have it in my collection!

I made a video last night about rubber selection and powder coating. If you've thought of doing either, it might be worth watching.

20220827_000856.jpg20220827_000856.jpg
#9872 1 year ago

I'm getting "factory settings restored" every time i power on the machine.
Measuring 2.5 v on pin 28 at U8 when the game is off.
Does that mean that D2 is failing ?

16617059840328251978855744046828 (resized).jpg16617059840328251978855744046828 (resized).jpg16617060192172326172108533332906 (resized).jpg16617060192172326172108533332906 (resized).jpg
#9873 1 year ago

Anyone ?

#9874 1 year ago

Might be a long shot, but check the batteries. If they get corroded or lose power, the factory settings will show up on the screen.

#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I'm getting "factory settings restored" every time i power on the machine.
Measuring 2.5 v on pin 28 at U8 when the game is off.
Does that mean that D2 is failing ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

CR2032 batteries (which it seems is on your battery board) only deliver 3V.
The diode adds a voltage drop around 0,5V.
So assuming there's a single CR2032 battery (not easy to see in the picture) 2.5V is within expected range - but if it is enough to keep the RAM alive is another question.

#9876 1 year ago

hi all, just joined the club recently.

all seems to be working, but the diverter doesn't return to its original position (which I think should happen after Path of Adventure closes?). I'm not sure what the logic here is, the solenoid test snaps the diverter shut no problem, but the Solenoid hold test seems to just kind of click when the diverter is open (to allow Path of Adventure).

I can easily slide the diverter back with my finger - but not sure where else to look or start after reading through the manual and searching through.

#9877 1 year ago
Quoted from jstevenson:

hi all, just joined the club recently.
all seems to be working, but the diverter doesn't return to its original position (which I think should happen after Path of Adventure closes?). I'm not sure what the logic here is, the solenoid test snaps the diverter shut no problem, but the Solenoid hold test seems to just kind of click when the diverter is open (to allow Path of Adventure).
I can easily slide the diverter back with my finger - but not sure where else to look or start after reading through the manual and searching through.

Its rubbing or the rope bridge channel part of the ramp, has drooped a bit or is loose.

Tighten the screws possibly.

You can bend the rope bridge a bit to get the diverter super loose.
Its kinda weak, so any rubbing at all causes it to fail.

#9878 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its rubbing or the rope bridge channel has drooped a bit or is loose.

thanks. Looking at the Rope Bridge assembly, it's very tight - but the metal beginning is under the plastic from the ramp? Is that correct, or should it be lined up? Would that upward pressure from the assembly on the plastic be causing it?

Otherwise would the solution be to loosen the plastic on top of the diverter assembly in hopes that it isn't rubbing? Looking closer there does appear to be some scratching on the top of the plastic above the diverter shaft.

thanks in advance and for the quick reply

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from jstevenson:

thanks. Looking at the Rope Bridge assembly, it's very tight - but the metal beginning is under the plastic from the ramp? Is that correct, or should it be lined up? Would that upward pressure from the assembly on the plastic be causing it?
Otherwise would the solution be to loosen the plastic on top of the diverter assembly in hopes that it isn't rubbing? Looking closer there does appear to be some scratching on the top of the plastic above the diverter shaft.
thanks in advance and for the quick reply

It cant rub at all.

Make any adjustments necessary to free it up.

#9880 1 year ago

My fellow Pinsiders, please take time to check all the aux driver boards on
your Williams/Bally WPC system games. The Marcon filter radial capacitors
are at the end of life.
IMG_0001[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0001[1] (resized).JPG
This is the mini playfield Bridge driver board.
A-15946 although the board looked good,
the damage was hidden under the capacitor.

#9881 1 year ago

I sure want back in the club. I have a star wars LE I would love to work a trade with if anyone has an interest please pm. Thanks

#9882 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

My fellow Pinsiders, please take time to check all the aux driver boards on
your Williams/Bally WPC system games. The Marcon filter radial capacitors
are at the end of life.
[quoted image]
This is the mini playfield Bridge driver board.
A-15946 although the board looked good,
the damage was hidden under the capacitor.

#1 issue of this game. That said, all capacitors on a 30 year old are at the end of life on most Williams, but this one, on this board fails often.
IF you smell fish inside your game, you know a cap went down, lol

#9883 1 year ago

Can someone share a picture or scan of the lost plastic light template. I bought a light board but it had no instructions or template with it.

Any help would be great

#9884 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

Can someone share a picture or scan of the lost plastic light template. I bought a light board but it had no instructions or template with it.
Any help would be great

I think there is a link to one somewhere in this thread.

#9885 1 year ago

I searched but didn't seem to come up with one.
Found the pinbits link but they are shut down.

I'll search again

#9886 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

I searched but didn't seem to come up with one.
Found the pinbits link but they are shut down.
I'll search again

Ricochet might have the template.

I dont think I have it any more.

#9889 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the help all.

#9890 1 year ago

Having a frustrating time dialing in the right ramp diverter to the Path of Adventure. The manual does not specify a return spring but I believe this sort of diverter always has one between the stop and the coil on the plunger shaft.

What spring should be on here?

The symptom is that the hold doesn’t hold — it diverts fine to the POA, then flops back with each vibration. If I add a stronger spring, it doesn’t have enough power to overcome and divert.

6C889044-816F-4CF2-B1FC-5053B9B333B1 (resized).png6C889044-816F-4CF2-B1FC-5053B9B333B1 (resized).png8C8D8F63-AF46-4AE4-AF9D-56A8FD95F995 (resized).png8C8D8F63-AF46-4AE4-AF9D-56A8FD95F995 (resized).png
#9891 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

10-389

#9892 1 year ago

Having a frustrating time dialing in the right ramp diverter to the Path of Adventure. The manual does not specify a return spring but I believe this sort of diverter always has one between the stop and the coil on the plunger shaft.
The symptom is that the hold doesn’t hold — it diverts fine to the POA, then flops back with each vibration. If I add a stronger spring, it doesn’t have enough power to overcome and divert.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The spring comes on the plunger as an assembly, but as noted above, you can get it seperately.

Funhouse uses the same or similar part on the ramp diverter.

#9893 1 year ago

Thanks! I think I’m assembling it wrong too, the plunger seems to have to travel too far to and through the coil…

#9894 1 year ago

Ah the 10-389 is the connector/joint spring.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-389

I’m looking for the return spring that goes on the shaft to return the diverter to it’s resting position.

Anyone have a picture of their diverter handy?

#9895 1 year ago

In other words, after activating, what resets the diverter to its resting state? Gravity doesn’t do it…. In a flipper or any other mech, a spring does.

#9896 1 year ago

In other words, after activating, what resets the diverter to its resting state? Gravity doesn’t do it…. In a flipper or any other mech, a spring does.

Hey DT
I had this same question when looking for IJ parts. The spring that goes over the plunger is not listed in the manual or parts list. I have measured this spring in two different IJ and it has 10 turns of 0.022 inch dia wire. That is really close to my 10-128 springs. So I would go with 10-128.
Wally

#9897 1 year ago

Not shown in the manual is a regular conical flipper coil return spring and an e-clip

The spring rests on the coil bracket on the larger side of the spring and the e-clip of the smaller side of the spring (IJ resto photo compliments of @navystan) :
diverter with spring (resized).jpegdiverter with spring (resized).jpeg

You can use a regular 10-135 utility spring (might have to tweak the end to make it stay under the e-clip), or a 10-128 (thanks Wally!) or, 2 of the modern conical flipper return springs (the new ones are much lighter tension then the old ones so use 2)

#9898 1 year ago

Anyone have a picture of their diverter handy

Here are a couple of file photos.

Diverter01 (resized).jpgDiverter01 (resized).jpgDiverter02 (resized).pngDiverter02 (resized).png
#9899 1 year ago

I have it listed as
10-128 Spring

#9900 1 year ago

Looking for NOS light jackpot speaker panel kit if anyone has a NOS or used one pm me thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 85.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/198?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.