IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 234.
#9701 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

I just worked on new decals for my IJ
I had bad surprises under the apparent decals that were on the pinball when I got it. The old and probably original one were still there. It took me a while to get them off. I tried to do a neat job.
I found some nice decals in France for a reasonable price. I chose the mat finish as I don’t remember original decals being shiny. They look good but a question comes to my mind. They don’t have a same texture as the originals. The rendering is very smooth and does not have the
same grain. Have you noticed this too? Do you know where to find decals that would be more similar to the Williams originals of the time?
Anyway, here are some pictures of the result. (With some steps of the work.)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Screen printed decals have that wonderful texture.

Digital prints are lesser quality but look good nonetheless.

#9702 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Screen printed decals have that wonderful texture.
Digital prints are lesser quality but look good nonetheless.

Does anyone still make screen printed cabinet decals for IJ?

#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Does anyone still make screen printed cabinet decals for IJ?

PPS has 4 of the 5 pieces you will need, and they are screen printed.

I dont think any one is selling any of the screen printed ones right now, at least legally.

These guys might be good:

https://pinballdecalseu.com/shop/indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/

I would get a lot of reviews before committing to anything though.

#9704 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

PPS has 4 of the 5 pieces you will need, and they are screen printed.
I dont think any one is selling any of the screen printed ones right now, at least legally.
These guys might be good:
https://pinballdecalseu.com/shop/indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-pinball-cabinet-decals-set/
I would get a lot of reviews before committing to anything though.

Thank you for the tip. Has anyone tried some decals from this company? Not that I’ll do mine again soon but I’d like to do it for some other pinballs and that’d be frustrating to spend time doing it and regret some original decals even slightly damaged that were on the pinball before.

#9705 1 year ago

Is the "Super Ball" button supposed to be illuminated when active? The button works, but unlike the start button, is not lit. I can't find a reference in the manual. I've tried the lamp and flasher tests. Thought I'd ask before taking it apart.

#9706 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Is the "Super Ball" button supposed to be illuminated when active? The button works, but unlike the start button, is not lit. I can't find a reference in the manual. I've tried the lamp and flasher tests. Thought I'd ask before taking it apart.

Super ball is tied to the same lighting as the fighter plane's flashers...

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Super ball is tied to the same lighting as the fighter plane's flashers...

Thanks. I saw something that gave me that impression the first time i looked. The plane LED's are working. Is there a changeable bulb in the Super Ball button? The start button is all I can find referenced, and it appears to be non-servicable as only the assembly is listed, with the bulb section being blank.

#9708 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. I saw something that gave me that impression the first time i looked. The plane LED's are working. Is there a changeable bulb in the Super Ball button? The start button is all I can find referenced, and it appears to be non-servicable as only the assembly is listed, with the bulb section being blank.

The start and super ball switches are the same design. You can take the back switch (white bit) off to replace the bulb - some you need to twist first in order to remove it. They can be super hard to pull apart. If you google it you'll find lots of threads on the subject

20-9663-11 Start button
20-9663-12 Super ball

#9709 1 year ago

Just recently helped a friend pick up a William's IJ for a great price, but it needs alot of help. I took these pictures of the idol gate during disassembly. Give the prevous owner creativity making it out of steel! This is just one of many interesting repairs they did to this machine.

20220421_182452 (resized).jpg20220421_182452 (resized).jpg20220421_182454 (resized).jpg20220421_182454 (resized).jpg
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Just recently helped a friend pick up a William's IJ for a great price, but it needs alot of help. I took these pictures of the idol gate during disassembly. Give the prevous owner creativity making it out of steel! This is just one of many interesting repairs they did to this machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep that idol lock was un-obtainium for many years until recently. Good to see they were able fashion something to keep the machine working and hopefully easy to replace now with the proper part

#9711 1 year ago

Anyone needs a set of side blades?

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand new and in good shape. $95 OBO shipped in the 48 US states.”
2022-05-09
Reading, PA
95 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 187 times

#9712 1 year ago

Hello, when the ball pass on the left lane guide it jumps a little bit since the metal next to the pinball bat is very used with the time.
I want to replace the lane guides but i don't find in Europe any in metal as the original ones,
there is a plastic version? it is better?

Anyone can give me a link to buy it in Europe, or in the worst of the cases from USA, ( but from USA i will pay extra vat.)
Thanks

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#9713 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello, when the ball pass on the left lane guide it jumps a little bit since the metal next to the pinball bat is very used with the time.
I want to replace the lane guides but i don't find in Europe any in metal as the original ones,
there is a plastic version? it is better?
Anyone can give me a link to buy it in Europe, or in the worst of the cases from USA, but i will pay extra vat.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Cliffy may have them but check the part number:

http://passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

#9714 1 year ago

I forgot I had this... it's a pretty cool flyer.

IMG_1164 (resized).jpegIMG_1164 (resized).jpeg

Too bad that putting it in a frame hides the 3d pop out effect.

#9715 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]

Yes they are the best too have

#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]

Or you could try these other versions that don't have the pop up:

https://nypinball.com/flyers/indiana-jones-4/

https://nypinball.com/flyers/indiana-jones-5/

#9717 1 year ago

Those are nice... but pop up is best

#9718 1 year ago

Does anyone have a pic of when you open up the PF under the PF where the pivots are there is a metal on the back of the PF hanging down on both sides I just don't know how they go back on if I have them right or not thanks for any help

#9719 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone have a pic of when you open up the PF under the PF where the pivots are there is a metal on the back of the PF hanging down on both sides I just don't know how they go back on if I have them right or not thanks for any help

Maybe this post/picture can help : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/31#post-3715815
If you look through the topic image gallery you can usually find what you are looking for.

#9720 1 year ago

My Playfield is apart to prep for RadCals so I have the following pictures

IJ Cabinet01 (resized).JPGIJ Cabinet01 (resized).JPGIJ Cabinet02 (resized).JPGIJ Cabinet02 (resized).JPG
#9721 1 year ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

My Playfield is apart to prep for RadCals so I have the following pictures[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Maybe this post/picture can help : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/31#post-3715815
If you look through the topic image gallery you can usually find what you are looking for.

Thanks all I found the pics ,I did it right thanks again guys

#9722 1 year ago

I just put back together my IJ and it was working before but now when u load all 3 balls in too the Idol and ready too come out for some reason just the one comes out and that's it until the game can't find the balls then the other two balls will and I tryed in test for the Idol and it goes though test and says it's fine anyone would know what's too look for or check .

Thanks all

#9723 1 year ago

I just put back together my IJ and it was working before but now when u load all 3 balls in too the Idol and ready too come out for some reason just the one comes out and that's it until the game can't find the balls then the other two balls will and I tryed in test for the Idol and it goes though test and says it's fine anyone would know what's too look for or check .
Thanks all

Go into switch test mode and verify the switch matrix image on the DMD shows all 6 balls are in the trough, then kick one out at a time and check the DMD image to verify the game is recognising the correct number of balls in the trough. I suspect 1 or 2 of the trough LEDs aren't working (possibly for the 4th & 5th ball)

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Go into switch test mode and verify the switch matrix image on the DMD shows all 6 balls are in the trough, then kick one out at a time and check the DMD image to verify the game is recognising the correct number of balls in the trough. I suspect 1 or 2 of the trough LEDs aren't working (possibly for the 4th & 5th ball)

I just checked and all 6 balls in the though are working just find so its the Idol (head) where the 3 balls gets loaded and ready too come out only one comes out until the game can't find them then they will ,and the Idol checks out also it says it's fine everything is working there also any ideas too check from here

#9725 1 year ago

I just checked and all 6 balls in the though are working just find so its the Idol (head) where the 3 balls gets loaded and ready too come out only one comes out until the game can't find them then they will ,and the Idol checks out also it says it's fine everything is working there also any ideas too check from here

Just to clarify, the game doesn't keeps a specific count of the balls in the idol but rather uses logic to determine it - for example when the game sees the ball-in-play going into the idol, there a 3 possibilities
1. If not Lock 3 and there are 4+ balls in the trough, then trigger a ball to be kicked into the shooter lane from the trough
2. If not Lock 3 and there are only 3 balls in the trough (ie the idol has 3 balls - occurs in multi-player games), then trigger a ball to be released from the idol
3. If Lock 3 (ie MB is about to start), the game will look at how many balls are in the trough, therefore it knows how many balls are in the idol. Hence it'll release the number of balls it's determined are in the idol, and will add extra balls from the trough if there were less than 3 balls in the idol.

So my suggestion would be to fully load the idol and go into switch test mode, and post a pic of the switch matrix shown on the DMD

#9726 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just to clarify, the game doesn't keeps a specific count of the balls in the idol but rather uses logic to determine it - for example when the game sees the ball-in-play going into the idol, there a 3 possibilities
1. If not Lock 3 and there are 4+ balls in the trough, then trigger a ball to be kicked into the shooter lane from the trough
2. If not Lock 3 and there are only 3 balls in the trough (ie the idol has 3 balls - occurs in multi-player games), then trigger a ball to be released from the idol
3. If Lock 3 (ie MB is about to start), the game will look at how many balls are in the trough, therefore it knows how many balls are in the idol. Hence it'll release the number of balls it's determined are in the idol, and will add extra balls from the trough if there were less than 3 balls in the idol.
So my suggestion would be to fully load the idol and go into switch test mode, and post a pic of the switch matrix shown on the DMD

Yes that's right so I am taking about when there is 3 balls in the idol and ready for MB it should let the 3 balls from the idol but it's only letting one ball out and after that it keeps opening the door and not turning the head too let more balls comes out but in test it shows the Idol works fine it turns and opens all the way around I just can't find out why it's not doing it in MB when it's time too let out all 3

#9727 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok this is 3 balls in the idol and 3 in the though

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#9728 1 year ago

after that it keeps opening the door and not turning the head too let more balls comes out

Yep this bit wasn't mentioned before, and points the issue as being in a very different direction. I suspect that the switch on the idol's exit ramp might be the issue - if the game didn't see the released locked ball exit the idol then it believes the ball is stuck and hence why it continually opens the gate

#9729 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep this bit wasn't mentioned before, and points the issue as being in a very different direction. I suspect that the switch on the idol's exit ramp might be the issue - if the game didn't see the released locked ball exit the idol then it believes the ball is stuck and hence why it continually opens the gate

Ok I will check that switch in test and get back too you thanks for helping

#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hi bud you are right on it was the exit switch it was working it just wasn't up high too say the ball went though there thanks again one other thing now before the sound was going off and on and it would sometimes be very loud sometimes and now after fixing the switch the sound is right off any idea too look for

#9731 1 year ago

Update sound is back on and seems too be ok ,now the test button was acting up abit I think I will reset the ribbon cables and check all plugs on the boards thanks bud

#9732 1 year ago

Update sound is back on and seems too be ok ,now the test button was acting up abit I think I will reset the ribbon cables and check all plugs on the boards thanks bud

LOL have you got a gremlin running around in your machine??

Raising the PF and fixing the idol exit ramp switch, shouldn't have affected these other things and the fact that they seem to be intermittent certainly points to a connectivity issue. Anyway if you're still having issues on a particular problem then post it here and we'll see if the rest of us can figure out the problem or help in out to troubleshoot it. Good luck!

Cheers mate

#9733 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Raising the PF and fixing the idol exit ramp switch, shouldn't have affected these other things and the fact that they seem to be intermittent certainly points to a connectivity issue. Anyway if you're still having issues on a particular problem then post it here and we'll see if the rest of us can figure out the problem or help in out to troubleshoot it. Good luck!
Cheers mate

Will do bud and thanks so much for the help u have helped me with so far

Cheers mate

#9734 1 year ago

Just joined the club, and super excited about it! Time to look through the posts and see what people have added to it if anything!

#9735 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Just joined the club, and super excited about it! Time to look through the posts and see what people have added to it if anything!

Welcome too the club bud great game all around

#9736 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Welcome to the club! You have an opportunity to add quite a bit. Enjoy!

#9737 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Cheers mate

Hi bud I reset all ribbon cables but didn't do anything so now the main thing is now its a very odd one I got a new coin door for it when I restored it so now the game is not letting me too put it in the test at all the other 3 buttons works fine for the sound up and down and the credit button but not the text button last night it was working but tonight not at all and if u leave it for a min it will run though everything about the game on the dmd very fast and won't stop until u shut it down ,I have no idea at all lol now I really think there is a gremlin in there lol any ideas at all where too start ,I can't put it in text at this time

#9738 1 year ago

Hi bud I reset all ribbon cables but didn't do anything so now the main thing is now its a very odd one I got a new coin door for it when I restored it so now the game is not letting me too put it in the test at all the other 3 buttons works fine for the sound up and down and the credit button but not the text button last night it was working but tonight not at all and if u leave it for a min it will run though everything about the game on the dmd very fast and won't stop until u shut it down ,I have no idea at all lol now I really think there is a gremlin in there lol any ideas at all where too start ,I can't put it in text at this time

Just to confirm, you are referring to the 4 service buttons on the coin - the far left (Escape), the 2 volume (- & +) and the far right (Enter) buttons; and the issue is with the right Enter button. Have I got that right?

Sounds like the button is intermittent and sometimes the game thinks the switch is being constantly pressed. You need to determine if the issue is on the CPU board, the connectivity (via the Coin Door Interface board) or the switch itself - Pinwiki shows how to troubleshoot the issue https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Direct_Switch_Problems

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just to confirm, you are referring to the 4 service buttons on the coin - the far left (Escape), the 2 volume (- & +) and the far right (Enter) buttons; and the issue is with the right Enter button. Have I got that right?
Sounds like the button is intermittent and sometimes the game thinks the switch is being constantly pressed. You need to determine if the issue is on the CPU board, the connectivity (via the Coin Door Interface board) or the switch itself - Pinwiki shows how to troubleshoot the issue https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Direct_Switch_Problems

Yes that's right the Enter button too get in too test

#9740 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok thanks for that got that fixed it was just a lose wire on the plug at the CPU thanks now lol it got two error one is drop bank and Single DRP ,I thought i fixed them but they are both still on there saying too check ,first too make sure which two are they too make sure I got the right ones too check .

Thanks

#9741 1 year ago

Ok thanks for that got that fixed it was just a lose wire on the plug at the CPU thanks now lol it got two error one is drop bank and Single DRP ,I thought i fixed them but they are both still on there saying too check ,first too make sure which two are they too make sure I got the right ones too check .
Thanks

Glad to hear you sorted the dedicated switch issue.

What are the specific error messages you are now getting? What is DRP??

#9742 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Lol I don't know what they mean but on the DMD it just says drop Bank coil /switch and Single DRP coil/ switch I was hoping u might know what they mean ,I tryied seeing if it was the 3 bank drop or the single drop but they are working fine and the error doesn't go away still

#9743 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hi the enter button is back again lol now I tested it again and it says it's the CPU I think it's a lose pin on the back I will pull it off and find out and let u know when I can in the mean time if u can think of the other two errors if u can .
Take care

#9744 1 year ago

Lol I don't know what they mean but on the DMD it just says drop Bank coil /switch and Single DRP coil/ switch I was hoping u might know what they mean ,I tryied seeing if it was the 3 bank drop or the single drop but they are working fine and the error doesn't go away still

Were these the error messages?

drop target bad (resized).jpgdrop target bad (resized).jpg

You'll get those if you power on the game with the coin door open (if you're running L-5 code or earlier)

#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You'll get those if you power on the game with the coin door open

U6: Version L-6
Checksum: AA06
Date: October 13, 1993

Changes from revision L-5:

Latest sound version is L-3. (U2 checksum: 8F00)

Updated pricing modes to enable $1.00 play.

Fixed a problem in the "complete all modes" that could cause the
mini playfield shots to not be collectable.

The Gun Trigger would not allow buy-in if player tilted on the last
ball. (NOTE: The Gun Trigger does not normally cause buy-in;
it must be set that way by adjustment.)

Drop targets are no longer cycled when the coin door is open. This
prevents them from being marked bad because the interlock switch is
open.

Fixed the third pass of Choose Wisely, which moved very slowly.

#9746 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

U6: Version L-6
Checksum: AA06
Date: October 13, 1993
Changes from revision L-5:
Latest sound version is L-3. (U2 checksum: 8F00)
Updated pricing modes to enable $1.00 play.
Fixed a problem in the "complete all modes" that could cause the
mini playfield shots to not be collectable.
The Gun Trigger would not allow buy-in if player tilted on the last
ball. (NOTE: The Gun Trigger does not normally cause buy-in;
it must be set that way by adjustment.)
Drop targets are no longer cycled when the coin door is open. This
prevents them from being marked bad because the interlock switch is
open.
Fixed the third pass of Choose Wisely, which moved very slowly.

Thanks Victor - great info as always. Turns out I'm on L-5 so familiar with this error, seems I'll need to update my machine

#9747 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Were these the error messages?
[quoted image]
You'll get those if you power on the game with the coin door open (if you're running L-5 code or earlier)

I tryed it with the coin door closed this time and the errors are gone now everything seems too be great now I played 8 games tonight and working great thanks for the help
Take care cheers

#9748 1 year ago

Just joined Today! Pickup scheduled for later in the week when I find a decent sized vehicle ! Picked this IJ up for $6500 together with a theatre of magic for a similar sum. Other than the obvious cabinet fading everything inside is in fantastic condition. This completes my wishlist for 90’s titles. Anything from now on is a bonus but the hunt is finally over.

BB984F49-F8B5-46B3-8125-250B5F09A0B7 (resized).jpegBB984F49-F8B5-46B3-8125-250B5F09A0B7 (resized).jpeg
#9749 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Just joined Today! Pickup scheduled for later in the week when I find a decent sized vehicle ! Picked this IJ up for $6500 together with a theatre of magic for a similar sum. Other than the obvious cabinet fading everything inside is in fantastic condition. This completes my wishlist for 90’s titles. Anything from now on is a bonus but the hunt is finally over.
[quoted image]

Welcome too the club good find she's going too need a full Cab restore lots of fun just did my

#9750 1 year ago

Pretty slick price, despite the cab fade. Welcome to the club!

Now brace yourself for the thousands of dollars of totally worth it mods and upgrades. Lots of quality stuff out there!

**cough** Who put this here?
IJStandupDecals (resized).jpgIJStandupDecals (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/195?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.