IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 234.
#9551 2 years ago

If a common problem, I don't feel so bad...

#9552 2 years ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

I can't see an apparent reason for the ball getting hung up. Right at the bumper. ???? I appreciate all the help!
[quoted image]

This is common because a slow ball can come to rest where the yellow arrow is pointing. The ball doesn't have enough momentum to push down the skirt of the pop bumper (on it's right) and due to the curvature of the rubber around the post that point is marginally lower (compared to where the blue arrow is pointing) so gravity has caused it to sit in this little spot. By bumping/nudging the game, the ball will bounce out and roll down the face of the rubber and then out from the left orbit down to the flipper.

A couple of options:
1. adjust the lower pop bumper switch to be more sensitive, such that the ball coming to rest on the edge of the skirt triggers the bumper forcing the ball out
2. put an adhesive rubber dot on the PF in that corner to stop the ball coming to rest there
3. marginally change the left-to-right level on the back feet so that there is a slight slope towards the left
4. live with it (as I do) and nudge the ball out if it ever gets hung there

IJ lower bumper (resized).jpgIJ lower bumper (resized).jpg
#9553 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This is common because a slow ball can come to rest where the yellow arrow is pointing. The ball doesn't have enough momentum to push down the skirt of the pop bumper (on it's right) and due to the curvature of the rubber around the post that point is marginally lower (compared to where the blue arrow is pointing) so gravity has caused it to sit in this little spot. By bumping/nudging the game, the ball will bounce out and roll down the face of the rubber and then out from the left orbit down to the flipper.
A couple of options:
1. adjust the lower pop bumper switch to be more sensitive, such that the ball coming to rest on the edge of the skirt triggers the bumper forcing the ball out
2. put an adhesive rubber dot on the PF in that corner to stop the ball coming to rest there
3. marginally change the left-to-right level on the back feet so that there is a slight slope towards the left
4. live with it (as I do) and nudge the ball out if it ever gets hung there
[quoted image]

Some great suggestions. Thanks! I'm afraid to adjust the left to right, as that seems to screw up the path of adventure action for me, but will look at the others. Worst case scenario, just plan for a nudge when needed.

#9554 2 years ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

I can't see an apparent reason for the ball getting hung up. Right at the bumper. ???? I appreciate all the help!

I've previously commented on this problem but in my case I had to remove the mylar in the area. I first removed area 1 and put the game back together. The ball then stuck in area 2 so I removed it and put the game back together. It would still sometimes get stuck so I removed area 3 and the problem is fixed. Save time and remove all 3 areas of mylar at the same time.

Remove Mylar02 (resized).jpgRemove Mylar02 (resized).jpg
#9555 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I've previously commented on this problem but in my case I had to remove the mylar in the area. I first removed area 1 and put the game back together. The ball then stuck in area 2 so I removed it and put the game back together. It would still sometimes get stuck so I removed area 3 and the problem is fixed. Save time and remove all 3 areas of mylar at the same time.[quoted image]

What pitch did you have on PLayfield?

#9556 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I've previously commented on this problem but in my case I had to remove the mylar in the area. I first removed area 1 and put the game back together. The ball then stuck in area 2 so I removed it and put the game back together. It would still sometimes get stuck so I removed area 3 and the problem is fixed. Save time and remove all 3 areas of mylar at the same time.[quoted image]

I made 1 big mylar for all the areas listed, so far its working really good.

#9557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

That's a great idea

#9558 2 years ago

Thanks for the pic and suggestions, Folks!

#9559 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What pitch did you have on PLayfield?

I never measured the pitch but the rear legs were high.

1 week later
#9560 2 years ago

Hello, i think i have a problem with my indy. Since some days ago i feel the pinball bats end the ball stronger than normal, at the beginning i tought it was my impression, but more and more i have the sensation they send the ball very very strong. It already broke two drop targets, and sometimes the ball fly like hell!
I didn't changed the coils, it's the same. There is something i can do to make them less stronger?
What can make that to happen?
Thanks

#9561 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello, i think i have a problem with my indy. Since some days ago i feel the pinball bats end the ball stronger than normal, at the beginning i tought it was my impression, but more and more i have the sensation they send the ball very very strong. It already broke two drop targets, and sometimes the ball fly like hell!
I didn't changed the coils, it's the same. There is something i can do to make them less stronger?
What can make that to happen?
Thanks

Check the coils are the correct ones and use a DMM to verify the resistance of your coils match the specs

#9562 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Check the coils are the correct ones and use a DMM to verify the resistance of your coils match the specs

I will check the coils and resistance to see if they are the same as origin. But the thing is, I didn't change them, it happened from one day to another without no reason

#9563 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

I will check the coils and resistance to see if they are the same as origin. But the thing is, I didn't change them, it happened from one day to another without no reason

Also what voltage do you have at the coils?

#9564 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Since the power is unregulated, when the wall power changes, the coil power changes.

#9565 2 years ago

Since the power is unregulated, when the wall power changes, the coil power changes.

i found a error report about the Flipper Opto Assy A-17316, can it be that that doesn't control the strenght of the coil? already ordered a new kit of coils and also this opto card.
I will share with you if this will solve the problem ( am still a bit noob in flipper repair )

#9566 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

i found a error report about the Flipper Opto Assy A-17316, can it be that that doesn't control the strenght of the coil? already ordered a new kit of coils and also this opto card.
I will share with you if this will solve the problem ( am still a bit noob in flipper repair )

What's the error report?

Typically it's better to work out where the issue is, before buying parts. Coils either work or don't work. As pinballinreno mentioned external power will influence how the machine runs but without using a DMM to verify the machines power and components it is really guess work. That said I have read posts by people saying that cleaning and/or replacing flipper optos have fixed their flipper issues (although I've not heard of where the flipper has too much power) - so definitely let us know how you get on.

#9567 2 years ago

Anyone in need of a right ramp? I have one that is in really great condition

#9568 2 years ago

Getting back into the antidote business!

To everyone who has been waiting patiently, thank you!!!

I’m almost done with this batch, (I need to mount the pivot plates) …. If you’ve contacted me… I will contact you in turn.

So while we are here I want to make a few points regarding this product.

1. It isn’t perfect … I will never guarantee you will hit all your mode shots. It’s simply not possible with this design… this is a passive kinetic energy dampening device…it’s not a magnet or a trap

2. It has no adjustments… If you feel like it isn’t working for you … and you want to mess with it … bend it whatever… do it at your own peril. I won’t recommend any adjustments. It cannot be adjusted so that when the ball is ejected it lands on a specific spot... generally it lands on the left sling... if you get some outlane ejects or STDM here and there... I can't fix that. Ejected balls with or without the antidote are never perfectly consistent anyway.

3. Please don’t come at me with percentages of completed shots comparing it to other hacks or solutions… I can’t use the data and won’t be making any changes as a result of it.

4. The only objective that I had going into this was an improvement on the mode shot. I wanted a hard (no padding) drop in solution. It’s final design was determined with many many many iterations of various approaches. It wasn’t designed with super cosmic pinball science … it was 100% empirical.

5. Everyone’s machine is different. Flipper strength, flipper rubber, eject lever, mode hole wear… playfield pitch. If you don’t think any of these factors make a difference… please think again.

... oh and there are other solutions and hacks out there... I don't compete with them... if you already have an existing solution and you think this may be a better solution... I have no data to say that mine is better or worse than any other solution. Everyone claims they have "the solution", it doesn't keep me up at night

That said…

The VAST majority of customers love the product and feel like it is a major improvement to the game. It does change the mode shot feel, it’s tighter and doesn’t “thunk” … it kind of jingles

So if I didn’t scare you off and you are still interested … they are being made again

Thanks for all the continued support and enthusiasm!
Jim

9B25B565-9657-40E0-8FAB-5B9BAA03415B (resized).jpeg9B25B565-9657-40E0-8FAB-5B9BAA03415B (resized).jpeg

#9569 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m almost done with this batch …. If you’ve contacted me… I will contact you in turn.
1. It isn’t perfect … I will never guarantee you will hit all your mode shots. It’s simply not possible wiring this design… this is a passive kinetic energy dampening device…it’s not a magnet or a trap
2. It has no adjustments… If you feel like it isn’t working for you … and you want to mess with it … bend it whatever… do it at your own peril. I won’t recommend any adjustments.
3. Please don’t come at me with percentages of completed shots comparing it to other hacks or solutions… I can’t use the data and won’t be making any changes as a result of it.
4. The only objective that I had going into this was an improvement on the mode shot. I wanted a hard (no padding) drop in solution. It’s design was arrived at with many many many iterations. It wasn’t designed with super cosmic pinball science … it was 100% empirical.
5. Everyone’s machine is different. Flipper strength, flipper rubber, mode hole wear… playfield pitch. If you don’t think any of these factors make a difference… please think again.
That said…
The VAST majority of customers love the product and feel like it is a major improvement to the game.
So if I didn’t scare you off and you are still interested … they are being made again
Jim
[quoted image]

Looks great but....
What is it?!

#9570 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Looks great but....
What is it?!

It replaces the factory mode hole deflector plate to improve the mode hole shot success.

#9571 2 years ago

Can you post a picture of it installed on PF

#9572 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Can you post a picture of it installed on PF

They are all over this thread… but since this thread is gigantic …
2184FC6B-96C8-4DD3-8A62-9E2B883D98CF (resized).jpeg2184FC6B-96C8-4DD3-8A62-9E2B883D98CF (resized).jpeg

CF4F4430-064E-4921-B4CA-81CBA1258A10 (resized).jpegCF4F4430-064E-4921-B4CA-81CBA1258A10 (resized).jpeg
#9573 2 years ago

Ok put me on the list I will take one

#9575 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It replaces the factory mode hole deflector plate to improve the mode hole shot success.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! then maybe am interested!

#9576 2 years ago

Just picked up our second IJPA which will be getting a full restoration. Who makes the best cabinet decals?

#9577 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m almost done with this batch, (I need to mount the pivot plates) …. If you’ve contacted me… I will contact you in turn.
1. It isn’t perfect … I will never guarantee you will hit all your mode shots. It’s simply not possible with this design… this is a passive kinetic energy dampening device…it’s not a magnet or a trap
2. It has no adjustments… If you feel like it isn’t working for you … and you want to mess with it … bend it whatever… do it at your own peril. I won’t recommend any adjustments. It cannot be adjusted so that when the ball is ejected it lands on a specific spot... generally it lands on the left sling... if you get some outlane ejects or STDM here and there... I can't fix that. Ejected balls with or without the antidote are never perfectly consistent anyway.
4. The only objective that I had going into this was an improvement on the mode shot. I wanted a hard (no padding) drop in solution. It’s design was arrived at with many many many iterations. It wasn’t designed with super cosmic pinball science … it was 100% empirical.
5. Everyone’s machine is different. Flipper strength, flipper rubber, eject lever, mode hole wear… playfield pitch. If you don’t think any of these factors make a difference… please think again.
... oh and there are other solutions out there... I don't compete with them... if you have one and you think this may be a better solution... I have no data to say that mine is better or worse than any other solution. Everyone claims they have "the solution", it doesn't keep me up at night
That said…
The VAST majority of customers love the product and feel like it is a major improvement to the game. It does change the mode shot feel, it’s tighter and doesn’t “thunk” … it kind of jingles
Jim
[quoted image]

Put me down for one!

#9578 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Put me down for one!

I want 3 of them.
Put me on a List if possible.
Best regards from germany

#9579 2 years ago

Put me in the list please

#9580 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey All,
I shared my Jackpot mod a while back (now closed that batch, but if interested drop me a message and I'll add you to a possible wait list), and some of the feedback made me want to try out a more colourful version that matches the playfield and the stock sign but still has the medallion. here's what I came up with - interested to know what people that aren't into the 'ruins look' feel about this design. Cheers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh well I bought my too soon, I like the colorful more

#9581 2 years ago

put me on the list for two mode hole deflector plates please.

#9582 2 years ago

Anyone with reservations about this Ricochet innovation, order it immediately.

Its the real deal and is a solid fix to a problem that has plagued us for 20 years.

Buy with confidence. I put it in my game and it works as advertised. Really a literal game changer.

This is NOT another crap mod that does nothing, Its high quality and built to last 1000's of plays or more.

I just love it.

#9583 2 years ago

Please put me on the list for the mode hole fix

#9584 2 years ago

Anyone with reservations about this Ricochet innovation, order it immediately.
Its the real deal and is a solid fix to a problem that has plagued us for 20 years.
Buy with confidence. I put it in my game and it works as advertised. Really a literal game changer.
This is NOT another crap mod that does nothing, Its high quality and built to last 1000's of plays or more.
I just love it.

Agreed, this should have been mod of the year, an absolute must! If anyone has reservations regarding installation, it is not difficult. Also, there is plenty of support right here within this thread

#9585 2 years ago

Getting a lot of questions about pricing … they are $55 shipped continental US $65 international. For international I will combine shipping for up to 3. Sorry I had to raise prices a bit … everything has gone up!!!

I will begin shipping next week some time…I’ve got quite a list and will be ordering more raw material after this batch is out.

#9586 2 years ago

Can I get one if it’s available. Thanks

#9587 2 years ago

Please put me on the list thanks

#9588 2 years ago

Hey I have a problem with my idol. It seems to over-rotate. Not by much - I’d guess 2 or 3% rep 360 degrees. It is a pretty big deal for game play, since the idol is never in the spot that it is supposed to be in… balls get hung up, don’t release and etc.

I have replaced the motor and bearing assembly, but I am still having the same issue. Any ideas?

#9589 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Hey I have a problem with my idol. It seems to over-rotate. Not by much - I’d guess 2 or 3% rep 360 degrees. It is a pretty big deal for game play, since the idol is never in the spot that it is supposed to be in… balls get hung up, don’t release and etc.
I have replaced the motor and bearing assembly, but I am still having the same issue. Any ideas?

I think you have an opto issue. Check this link to help troubleshoot:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-idol-troubleshooting-guide#post-5623060

If you took your Optos off then make sure you put them back in the right place. The guide mentioned above will show you the correct positions.

Good luck.

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I think you have an opto issue. Check this link to help troubleshoot:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-idol-troubleshooting-guide#post-5623060
If you took your Optos off then make sure you put them back in the right place. The guide mentioned above will show you the correct positions.
Good luck.

Thanks, I have checked the optos, but it is worth double checking. It almost seems like a braking issue. Like the idol brakes a fraction of a second too late. Ther error is additive too... so after after 20 spins the idol could be 30 degress off... after 40 spins it might be a 65 degress and then, and so on.

#9591 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Thanks, I have checked the optos, but it is worth double checking. It almost seems like a braking issue. Like the idol brakes a fraction of a second too late. Ther error is additive too... so after after 20 spins the idol could be 30 degress off... after 40 spins it might be a 65 degress and then, and so on.

If I remember correctly that is similar to what my game was doing along with intermittent issues of not working correctly. I took everything apart, cleaned it and reheated/soldered all the opto’s. Fixed everything for me. I think it was a cold solder joint. Sometimes in test I was getting an opto error and sometimes not. That was about 3 years ago and it has worked 100% ever since.

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

If I remember correctly that is similar to what my game was doing along with intermittent issues of not working correctly. I took everything apart, cleaned it and reheated/soldered all the opto’s. Fixed everything for me. I think it was a cold solder joint. Sometimes in test I was getting an opto error and sometimes not. That was about 3 years ago and it has worked 100% ever since.

ahhhh.... interesting. Could be.... thank you!

#9593 2 years ago

I would like to be added to the list please.

#9594 2 years ago

I have a new n the box playfield protector for IJPA
Can deliver to Pinfest Allentown

#9595 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I have a new n the box playfield protector for IJPA $100
Can deliver to Pinfest Allentown

Also have used plastic ramp $30

#9596 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Let us know what you find. The fact that the idol gets further out of alignment after each spin is weird, given that the opto interrupt plate is locked onto the shaft with a set screw - just make sure that the set screw isn't loose and that there is no plate movement on the shaft

#9597 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Let us know what you find. The fact that the idol gets further out of alignment after each spin is weird, given that the opto interrupt plate is locked onto the shaft with a set screw - just make sure that the set screw isn't loose and that there is no plate movement on the shaft

Positive it is not the set screw. I thought it was the gear box. It was shedding oil so I knew there was an issue with the grease. I replaced the motor and gear box and I am still having the same issue.

#9598 2 years ago

Can someone point me in the direction of the small metal piece that was made to protect the diode on the bottom of the POA that gets smashed all the time from the mode hole shot.
I have always just taped a piece of plastic over the mode hole, but that is not really working for me anymore.

#9599 2 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Can someone point me in the direction of the small metal piece that was made to protect the diode on the bottom of the POA that gets smashed all the time from the mode hole shot.
I have always just taped a piece of plastic over the mode hole, but that is not really working for me anymore.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

#9600 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Positive it is not the set screw. I thought it was the gear box. It was shedding oil so I knew there was an issue with the grease. I replaced the motor and gear box and I am still having the same issue.

Are you sure your optos 91, 92 and 93 are installed correctly on the assembly? If they are not in the right order then it will totally confuse the MPU and resulting position. Did you remove them at some point? The guide previously mentioned will show the correct location for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
$ 12.95
$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 11,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/192?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.