IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 234.
#9501 2 years ago

wrong_way_go_back.jpgwrong_way_go_back.jpg

Quoted from BentleyBear:

My machine keeps factory resetting every time i turn it on

Quoted from BentleyBear:

TZ boots up as it should. IJ factory resets every time.

I think you want to use the term "factory settings restored". If you use the word "reset" you will instantly get sent down the standard WPC reset road.

I am sure there are plenty of other people reading that can point you down the correct diagnostic path for this problem.

#9502 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

[quoted image]

I think you want to use the term "factory settings restored". If you use the word "reset" you will instantly get sent down the standard WPC reset road.
I am sure there are plenty of other people reading that can point you down the correct diagnostic path for this problem.

I was thinking the same thing.

Factory settings restored on boot up? Not resets during game play.

#9503 2 years ago

hi guys,
certainly a newbie question but...how do you do to replace the "Jackpot" lightbulb (which is dead on my game).
do we absolutely need to remove the ramp to access it??

#9504 2 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

hi guys,
certainly a newbie question but...how do you do to replace the "Jackpot" lightbulb (which is dead on my game).
do we absolutely need to remove the ramp to access it??

Ramps and wireforms are super easy to remove on IJ. put an LED there if you havent already.

Clean under the ramp thoroughly and wax while you have it off.

#9505 2 years ago

Drop targets on my Indy....
It's already the second i broke. There is some "better quality targets" ? If i print in some 3D material can make it stronger?
Drop targets are cheap, but is always annoying to go under the playfield and replace them

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

(Not my photo )

#9506 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

Drop targets on my Indy....
It's already the second i broke. There is some "better quality targets" ? If i print in some 3D material can make it stronger?
Drop targets are cheap, but is always annoying to go under the playfield and replace them
[quoted image]
(Not my photo )

These are extremely durable and are described as "Indestructible". They are on the spooky games and are the ones I have on Rick and Morty. The targets take a huge beating and seem to hold up very well. Only problem is they are only available in frosted. Perhaps you can light them up from underneath the PF to add a new visual element to the targets.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71

#9507 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

These are extremely durable and are described as "Indestructible". They are on the spooky games and are the ones I have on Rick and Morty. The targets take a huge beating and seem to hold up very well. Only problem is they are only available in frosted. Perhaps you can light them up from underneath the PF to add a new visual element to the targets.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71

The frosted ones are really nice!

You can backlight them etc.

Im thinking of doing that on my upcoming IJ resto.

#9508 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The frosted ones are really nice!
You can backlight them etc.
Im thinking of doing that on my upcoming IJ resto.

I did, looks so much better than black. Brings some light to the area too.
Indypinhead sells them.

#9509 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

thank y
ou, i will give it a try. In case there is some in Europe to avoid VAT extra cost tell me, if not i will buy from USA the next week.

#9510 2 years ago

Working on restoring IJPA.

Flipper alignment and shooting ramps.
Left ramp is very smooth
Right ramp is not as smooth, pic bottom flipper alignment & ramp

Any thoughts to improve right ramp?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9511 2 years ago

Not sure what exact problem you are encountering ... anyhow, shooting right ramp is way more difficult than shooting left ramps for every Indy, I believe ... The right ramp shot should be spot on to make it to the top op the playfield. This shot is also much more rewarding than the left ramp shot i.e. for shooting jackpots. So maybe your game already plays as designed?

#9512 2 years ago

I agree with that. Right ramp is tough and makes the game challenging. Also makes many missions hard to complete.
However your left flipper seems slightly low in my opinion.

#9513 2 years ago

Just out playing my Indy and the right ramp is always a challenge….. frustrating at times for sure…..

#9514 2 years ago

Mines easy to hit.

When it's not lit.

#9515 2 years ago

However your left flipper seems slightly low in my opinion.

Lower left flipper trying to make right ramp shot more repeatable.

Wonder dialing that shot in is combination of flipper adjustment and ramp adjust.

I can make the right ramp, it’s just not repeatable alternating ramps.

#9516 2 years ago

Anyone have an extra speaker grill or ideally a set? New or in good used condition? Or a link to somewhere selling them. My google skills are coming up short.

#9517 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have an extra speaker grill or ideally a set? New or in good used condition? Or a link to somewhere selling them. My google skills are coming up short.

When I restored my Indy about a year ago my speaker grills were in need of a refresh. I searched everywhere and found nothing. I work in the autobody industry so I decided to strip and restencil mine and they turned out great. Ever since have contemplated offering this service for Indy owners. Any feedback would be great.
2E89E756-F037-4E24-B31E-E64BDA33C30C (resized).jpeg2E89E756-F037-4E24-B31E-E64BDA33C30C (resized).jpeg

#9518 2 years ago

HeavyMetalPoet We can't read all of your post - as you've deleted the ">" from at the end of "blockquote" (which encapsulates the post you're replying to)

#9519 2 years ago

Oh yeah I definitely want to read what you’re saying!

#9520 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

HeavyMetalPoet We can't read all of your post - as you've deleted the ">" from at the end of "blockquote" (which encapsulates the post you're replying to)

Thanks for that! Was wondering what happened there?

#9521 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

When I restored my Indy about a year ago my speaker grills were in need of a refresh. I searched everywhere and found nothing. I work in the autobody industry so I decided to strip and restencil mine and they turned out great. Ever since have contemplated offering this service for Indy owners. Any feedback would be great.
[quoted image]

Uhhh yeah, those look amazing. How much would you charge? I need it done

#9522 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That looks great.

#9523 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I will order a set. Let me know what you need. PM me

Or just offer the stencils on sticky mylar etc.

Ether way Im in.

There are a lot of other stencils you could offer if you want to make them.

I just usually make my own, but it would be a HUGE time saver if I could just buy them.

#9524 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Just for clarification. This would require you sending me your speaker grills. I would strip them of any old paint or powder coat and restencil and refinish them with automotive grade base and clear coat.

#9525 2 years ago

Just for clarification. This would require you sending me your speaker grills. I would strip them of any old paint or powder coat and restencil and refinish them with automotive grade base and clear coat.

Perfect.

#9526 2 years ago

Wow very cool if you do this - mine are is pretty good shape but the expense of shipping them over and back, with the risk of damage or lost probably rules me out. Still, it'd be great for all the locals.

#9527 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow very cool if you do this - mine are is pretty good shape but the expense of shipping them over and back, with the risk of damage or lost probably rules me out. Still, it'd be great for all the locals.

If I could find new raw speaker grills that would be a better option for everyone probably. If someone knows if and where you can get them?

#9528 2 years ago

I will need enough interest to make it worthwhile. So I will keep people who are interested on a list. So paynemic and pinballinreno you are on the list. Haven’t decided on price just yet.

#9529 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

One alternative. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/indiana-jones/products/indiana-jones-custom-speaker-grills
Wally

#9530 2 years ago

Wow, didnt know he made these!

Now we have a price point that includes the metal screens.

#9531 2 years ago

That’s an alternative indeed, but as far as I can judge on pictures, I find HeavyMetalPoet’s replica much more true to the original… Whether it is the color or the pattern of the grid.

#9532 2 years ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

That’s an alternative indeed, but as far as I can judge on pictures, I find HeavyMetalPoet’s replica much more true to the original… Whether it is the color or the pattern of the grid.

Yes can't say I'm a fan of that mesh pattern as it distracts from the artwork but maybe it's just not possible to source the original metal grill

#9533 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes can't say I'm a fan of that mesh pattern as it distracts from the artwork but maybe it's just not possible to source the original metal grill

Its possible that Modfathers mesh pattern might let more sound through?

#9534 2 years ago

Wow! I did not know anyone even offered new stenciled screens. I my opinion I honestly do not like the pattern of those screens. That’s just me. With that being said I would be nowhere in the ballpark of that price range. The cost of the paint would be more than his screens alone. But like I said I would use automotive grade base/clear.

#9535 2 years ago

Wow! I did not know anyone even offered new stenciled screens. I my opinion I honestly do not like the pattern of those screens. That’s just me. With that being said I would be nowhere in the ballpark of that price range. The cost of the paint would be more than his screens alone. But like I said I would use automotive grade base/clear.

That said $25 for a 6" square of paint is a good price point.

#9536 2 years ago

That said $25 for a 6" square of paint is a good price point.

I would be willing to bet that those screens are not even half the thickness of the original, maybe only a third by the looks of them in the photo. Paint quality who knows. I honestly have no idea! I would like to see a pair. Doesn’t really matter to me. I am about quality over anything else. I would be real skeptical at $ 38.00 a pair.

#9537 2 years ago

I would be willing to bet that those screens are not even half the thickness of the original, maybe only a third by the looks of them in the photo. Paint quality who knows. I honestly have no idea! I would like to see a pair. Doesn’t really matter to me. I am about quality over anything else. I would be real skeptical at $ 38.00 a pair.

I ordered a pair just to see but would still like to have you do a set for me.

#9538 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I ordered a pair just to see but would still like to have you do a set for me.

I was just about to do the same thing!

#9539 2 years ago

I have had my IJ for probably 20 years and have had this problem for quite awhile. Balls coming down through pop bumpers occasionally sit in a wear trough before rolling off and down toward flippers. I have tried to set the front to back as well as side-to-side pitches differently, but can never seem to correct the problem without screwing up the rest of the play. Any others with this problem (I suspect there are). Any suggestions on simple fixes? Thanks!!

#9540 2 years ago

Mine is slow to come down sometimes, but comes. If it didn't i would get in there and stick a couple of bits of mylar there to give it some slope.

#9541 2 years ago

Simple idea. Thanks! At times i have to come close to a tilt to get it to move. Easy to try!

#9542 2 years ago

Curious what pitch everyone is setting there IJPA to?

I have it 6 degrees

#9543 2 years ago

6 also. Just enough to make it up the Jackpot right ramp and just enough to minimize the ball sticking I mentioned in previous post.

#9544 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Curious what pitch everyone is setting there IJPA to?
I have it 6 degrees

#9545 2 years ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

Simple idea. Thanks! At times i have to come close to a tilt to get it to move. Easy to try!

You are welcome. I would think a small round piece or two to raise it up and a larger piece to cover the step. That's what i did at the pops on GnR to stop the ball stick there.

#9546 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are welcome. I would think a small round piece or two to raise it up and a larger piece to cover the step. That's what i did at the pops on GnR to stop the ball stick there.

We need a small wedge sloped plastic piece to go in the left corner of the lower pop bumper.

If you carefully place a ball there it will stay forever.

I got fed up with balls coming to rest on the seam between the 2 big mylars from the pops to the POA.

So, I freeze sprayed them off and made a one piece copy.

Problem solved.

#9547 2 years ago

We need a small wedge sloped plastic piece to go in the left corner of the lower pop bumper.
If you carefully place a ball there it will stay forever.
I got fed up with balls coming to rest on the seam between the 2 big mylars from the pops to the POA.
So, I freeze sprayed them off and made a one piece copy.
Problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#9548 2 years ago

I have had my IJ for probably 20 years and have had this problem for quite awhile. Balls coming down through pop bumpers occasionally sit in a wear trough before rolling off and down toward flippers. I have tried to set the front to back as well as side-to-side pitches differently, but can never seem to correct the problem without screwing up the rest of the play. Any others with this problem (I suspect there are). Any suggestions on simple fixes? Thanks!!

Can you take a pic of where the ball is hung up? Is it the lower left corner of the pop bumper (common issue) or on a mylar seam or is there actually a wear mark/damage on the PF? Depending upon where it is getting hung up and why, will dictate how to address the issue

#9549 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can you take a pic of where the ball is hung up? Is it the lower left corner of the pop bumper (common issue) or on a mylar seam or is there actually a wear mark/damage on the PF? Depending upon where it is getting hung up and why, will dictate how to address the issue

I can't see an apparent reason for the ball getting hung up. Right at the bumper. ???? I appreciate all the help!

20220314_164809 (1) (resized).jpg20220314_164809 (1) (resized).jpg
#9550 2 years ago

I can't see an apparent reason for the ball getting hung up. Right at the bumper. ???? I appreciate all the help!
[quoted image]

Yes my does the same thing in my case it does come down but really slow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 12.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/191 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.