IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 234.
#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I purchased the darker mahagony ones and used a 100% clear silicone to attach them rather than tape..
Easy peasy.
[quoted image]

Looks great bud

#9402 2 years ago

Ok all, I’m a little frustrated. I had two problems with my indy. One was that it kept blowing fuses on the fliptronics board. I swapped that out and haven’t had a problem yet.

The other is much harder. The poa moves perfectly when in test mode. But in game it moves very slowly and maybe stutters slightly. I did a lot of homework and the consensus was definitely on the poa opto board. I replaced it with brand new and no luck! Exactly the same symptoms. I’m in desperate need of ideas. Someone mentioned the flipper opto boards and I’ll try that tomorrow (I cleaned the optos and that didn’t help). Anybody feeling brilliant?

#9403 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Ok all, I’m a little frustrated. I had two problems with my indy. One was that it kept blowing fuses on the fliptronics board. I swapped that out and haven’t had a problem yet.
The other is much harder. The poa moves perfectly when in test mode. But in game it moves very slowly and maybe stutters slightly. I did a lot of homework and the consensus was definitely on the poa opto board. I replaced it with brand new and no luck! Exactly the same symptoms. I’m in desperate need of ideas. Someone mentioned the flipper opto boards and I’ll try that tomorrow (I cleaned the optos and that didn’t help). Anybody feeling brilliant?

Test mode uses the diag switches to instruct the POA left/right movement, whereas in game mode this is done by the flipper buttons - so I'd think you're on the right path. Swapping out the flipper opto boards (or using normal leaf switches or jumpering the header pins at the fliptronics board) would be a way of verifying if the flipper boards are causing the issue.

I'd certainly try this before looking elsewhere - keep us informed as to how you get on

#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Test mode uses the diag switches to instruct the POA left/right movement, whereas in game mode this is done by the flipper buttons - so I'd think you're on the right path. Swapping out the flipper opto boards (or using normal leaf switches or jumpering the header pins at the fliptronics board) would be a way of verifying if the flipper boards are causing the issue.
I'd certainly try this before looking elsewhere - keep us informed as to how you get on

Honestly, I think sometimes everyone over thinks things and I don't mean it as an insult.

Quoted from paynemic:

Sounds all to familiar....
At the end of the poa closest to player is the hinge that holds the poa on a angle.
This catch can bind up over time the more the poa has gone back and forth.
Make sure there is an air gap and use a little lube on that end to loosen it up. There is a set screw that can get loose and the poa slides downhill a little.
Take a look there.

#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Honestly, I think sometimes everyone over thinks things and I don't mean it as an insult.

Sounds all to familiar....
At the end of the poa closest to player is the hinge that holds the poa on a angle.
This catch can bind up over time the more the poa has gone back and forth.
Make sure there is an air gap and use a little lube on that end to loosen it up. There is a set screw that can get loose and the poa slides downhill a little.
Take a look there.

Yet that doesn't explain why it works perfectly in test mode, or am I missing something?

#9406 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yet that doesn't explain why it works perfectly in test mode, or am I missing something?

Replace the motor and gearbox.

#9407 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll check it all. Fortunately I have a working Indy to test parts. Any thoughts on why the flippers would work fine if the flipper optos are the problem for the poa?

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Replace the motor and gearbox.

That again makes me wonder why it works in test mode?

I was also getting the classic reset problem (I ordered a kahr board for it). Does a flaky 5v mess with the optos?

#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ll check it all. Fortunately I have a working Indy to test parts. Any thoughts on why the flippers would work fine if the flipper optos are the problem for the poa?

That again makes me wonder why it works in test mode?
I was also getting the classic reset problem (I ordered a kahr board for it). Does a flaky 5v mess with the optos?

Repair the driver board to fix bad voltages, its a better way to go.

You can send it to Chris Hibler for bulletproofing. Send the CPU board while you are at it.

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

The opto boards use 12V power however the Fliptronics board does use the 5V power, but as to whether this is contributing to your issue I'm not sure. The Kahr board removes the MPU board from the 5V power rail, so this doesn't directly address the 5V power to the Fliptronics board although there now maybe enough power as the MPU draw has been removed.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

And the winner is….

Flipper opto boards! Thanks for your help. Of course it was the easiest and last thing it tried because I’m dumb. But at least it’s working!!

Thanks again to all that helped.

#9411 2 years ago

Didn’t want to jinx it but I got in the club as of 3 hrs ago

Wow time flys when you play this game

10D7C581-813C-4303-AD75-4ED53AA9A329 (resized).jpeg10D7C581-813C-4303-AD75-4ED53AA9A329 (resized).jpeg
#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

And the winner is….
Flipper opto boards! Thanks for your help. Of course it was the easiest and last thing it tried because I’m dumb. But at least it’s working!!
Thanks again to all that helped.

Good job! ... as to why your flippers work yet the POA stutters is still a bit of mystery to me, but glad to hear you got it working.

#9413 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Good job! ... as to why your flippers work yet the POA stutters is still a bit of mystery to me, but glad to hear you got it working.

Agreed. Confusing. Still not 100% sure about whether the board was bad or the plastic part that blocks the opto was not fully clearing out. I’m waiting until my flipper board and new fliptronics boards show up before I change anything else.

#9414 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Didn’t want to jinx it but I got in the club as of 3 hrs ago
Wow time flys when you play this game [quoted image]

Welcome too the club love the game one of the best out there enjoy

#9415 2 years ago

Don't know if too many here have forked out on the Art of Pinball stuff. I told myself for ages I wouldn't ever worry about it at what it all costs. But I got sucked in by a LSOG email newsletter a few weeks ago. I must have been in a spendthrift mood or something so I ended up ordering the whole set . Received it this week and today I had so time so I thought I'd install, plus good way to sort out adjusting my POA alignment while I was at it. Everything seeming good till I discovered the right wall's pre-drilled holes definitely weren't well fully aligned. With a bit of fiddling I managed to get it on though. I was hoping there would be no issue on the left side I was starting to get a bit annoyed. Sure enough the left was a bit worse and wasn't complying at all. My frustration unfortunately peaked, guess I hadn't eaten much today. End result left side now worse for wear. I seriously hope the rest of the kit doesn't have these sorts of hand made errors for this absurd cost.
IMG_4656 (resized).jpgIMG_4656 (resized).jpgIMG_4657 (resized).jpgIMG_4657 (resized).jpg

#9416 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Welcome too the club love the game one of the best out there enjoy

Thank you
Total grail pin for me new or old doesnt matter stoked to have it

#9417 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Don't know if too many here have forked out on the Art of Pinball stuff. I told myself for ages I wouldn't ever worry about it at what it all costs. But I got sucked in by a LSOG email newsletter a few weeks ago. I must have been in a spendthrift mood or something so I ended up ordering the whole set . Received it this week and today I had so time so I thought I'd install, plus good way to sort out adjusting my POA alignment while I was at it. Everything seeming good till I discovered the right wall's pre-drilled holes definitely weren't well fully aligned. With a bit of fiddling I managed to get it on though. I was hoping there would be no issue on the left side I was starting to get a bit annoyed. Sure enough the left was a bit worse and wasn't complying at all. My frustration unfortunately peaked, guess I hadn't eaten much today. End result left side now worse for wear. I seriously hope the rest of the kit doesn't have these sorts of hand made errors for this absurd cost.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Lior. Super nice guy. I’m sure he will help

#9418 2 years ago

So in follow up to my drama, I put in the Kahr anti reset board thinking it would at least band-aid my last problem, resets. Unfortunately, I got a reset on the very first game. Took like 30 seconds to reboot too. I’ll be working on the next steps…

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So in follow up to my drama, I put in the Kahr anti reset board thinking it would at least band-aid my last problem, resets. Unfortunately, I got a reset on the very first game. Took like 30 seconds to reboot too. I’ll be working on the next steps…

Using a DMM, what are your voltages on TP1, 2 & 3?

WPC Power Board - Voltage Test Points (resized).jpgWPC Power Board - Voltage Test Points (resized).jpg
#9420 2 years ago

I’ve never owned this game
I have played it in arcades a couple times,seeing how I’m of vintage age
I’ve seen them at buddies houses
Never owned one

This actually is a very very good game when dialed in

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ve never owned this game
I have played it in arcades a couple times,seeing how I’m of vintage age
I’ve seen them at buddies houses
Never owned one
This actually is a very very good game when dialed in

Yes I have owned two IJ and will never sell this one ever again ,I restored both and too get it back again she's a keeper great playing ,flow ,artwork,sounds and much more very deep game also

#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

I’ll test that tomorrow. Thanks!

#9423 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

[quoted image]

Tp1: 13.47
TP2: 4.96
Tp3: 11.92

#9424 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Tp1: 13.47
TP2: 4.96
Tp3: 11.92

TP2 is the 5v regulated - typically you'd see this slightly above 5v at TP2. Poor connections from the power board to the MPU board can contribute to voltage drops and you'll get resets if the 5v rail on the MPU board drops below 4.85v. So based on your reading I'm not surprised that you've experienced resets.

Can you measure the voltage at TP8?
Then power off and reseat J101 on the power board, after powering back on take another set of readings on TP2, TP3 and TP8

#9425 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Contact Lior. Super nice guy. I’m sure he will help

Thanks he ended writing a bit of offhand PM to me overnight which I was a bit taken a back by, having a bit of dig about my original post. I don't know how he expects pinsiders paying big money on his resin molded artworks not to share issues here. Same goes for any other mod in pinball and most other categories.

I shared this pic with him that demonstrates the issue at hand. It's like the final product shrunk down slightly given there's a gap when both pieces are separately screwed back on to the POA. Ironically from the front it side it's kind of disguised when you look it, so I may evaluate leaving it given it's a whole exercise for me to ship it back to LSOG etc from here. I've put a piece of 3M double sided tape (with only the one side attached) on it and will see how it looks when I've done the rest of the kit, which I probably won't get on to now for a few more days.
IMG_4659 (resized).jpgIMG_4659 (resized).jpg

#9426 2 years ago

Thanks he ended writing a bit of an irritated PM to me overnight which I was a bit taken a back by. I don't know how he expects pinsiders paying big money on his resin molded artworks not to share issues here. Same goes for any other mod in pinball and most other categories.
I shared this pic with him that demonstrates the issue at hand. It's like the final product shrunk down slightly given there's a gap when both pieces are separately screwed back on to the POA. Ironically from the front it side it's kind of disguised when you look it, so I may evaluate leaving it given it's a whole exercise for me to ship it back to LSOG etc from here. I've put a piece of 3M double sided tape (with only the one side attached) on it and will see how it looks when I've done the rest of the kit, which I probably won't get on to now for a few more days.
[quoted image]

That’s disappointing. For what you pay, I would think he would just send you a whole new one. Maybe at least some touch up paint and you could fill the gap with something? Just brainstorming.

#9427 2 years ago

Is the guy really asking you to ship back after that pic?

Pinball businesses have gone mad.

There are decent people out there though and that keeps me hopeful, but that is pathetic. Like what's he going to do with the piece of $5 plastic? melt it and put it back in the next (hopefully correct one)?

Someone lives on their reputation for quality they die by it too.

#9428 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s disappointing. For what you pay, I would think he would just send you a whole new one. Maybe at least some touch up paint and you could fill the gap with something? Just brainstorming.

i offer him free replacement without asking the old one back! or any charge! we stand behind our products!
thats what we do with all of our products!

i also offer him full refund for the all set without asking to send it back!

Quoted from punkin:

NO!

all of our products have warranty. also if something broke after time we always sending replacement for free without asking the old one back and you can ask all of our customers.

i have sent pm to this guy when i saw his post to offer him refund or new one for free. he decide to give you wrong info and thats up to him.

so before you give wrong info to people or writing bad feedback first try to reach us and you will never be disappointed! We stand behind our products!

it's a whole exercise for me to ship it back to LSOG etc from here.

WE NEVER ask to ship item back! you can ask all of our customers and i never ask you to ship it back, check your messages. we offer you a replacement in 24 hours!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9429 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinball businesses have gone mad.
There are decent people out there though and that keeps me hopeful, but that is pathetic. Like what's he going to do with the piece of $5 plastic? melt it and put it back in the next (hopefully correct one)?
Someone lives on their reputation for quality they die by it too.

He now claims he never asked for it to be shipped back but it that's what I'd certainly interpret if someone said contact the retailer for a replacement or refund. I mean what are they going to something sight unseen, especially given I had to use third party shipping(due to no shipping here by LSOG at the moment) so it's hard to match up the purchase details.

Quoted from liorillusion:

i offer him free replacement without asking the old one back! or any charge! we stand behind our products!
thats what we do with all of our products!
i also offer him full refund for the all set without asking to send it back!

NO!
all of our products have warranty. also if something broke after time we always sending replacement for free without asking the old one back and you can ask all of our customers.
i have sent pm to this guy when i saw his post to offer him refund or new one for free. he decide to give you wrong info and thats up to him.
so before you give wrong info to people or writing bad feedback first try to reach us and you will never be disappointed! We stand behind our products!

WE NEVER ask to ship item back! you can ask all of our customers and i never ask you to ship it back, check your messages. we offer you a replacement in 24 hours!
[quoted image]

Lior after the PM you just sent me, I'm pretty taken aback that manufacturer would have a back and forth with an end customer this way. Now your saying some of it here. I posted what happened to the product and what I interpreted your PM to say .ie. how would I expect LSOG to just send a replacement without getting back the damaged item first that's commonsense.

I've told you my thoughts in a PM, I'll leave it at that.

#9430 2 years ago

Seems like you jumped the gun here a bit. Give them time to make it right and don't assume anything, it'll save everyone some drama. Give the seller a chance to make you whole.

#9431 2 years ago

Hello everyone! I jumped the gun (pun intended) on buying one of these complete gun assemblies for my IJ just before formally deciding to have Robert Stone powdercoat my original. I still have this one brand new replacement if anyone is interested to get one with a discount, send me a PM

https://www.pinballlife.com/indiana-jonesdirty-harry-gun-handle-assembly.html

66656081977__D99A1070-A81F-4938-864A-CC0728362058 (resized).jpg66656081977__D99A1070-A81F-4938-864A-CC0728362058 (resized).jpg
#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Seems like you jumped the gun here a bit. Give them time to make it right and don't assume anything, it'll save everyone some drama. Give the seller a chance to make you whole.

Sound right to me. Regardless of the tone of the original pm, it looks like everything will be worked out.

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Regardless his PM's to me crossed a line that I wouldn't expect most businesses to do in speaking to their customers. He knows my thoughts now with it all.

#9434 2 years ago

Ok I understand your frustration with the product but a little patience and you would have the same result without the public shaming. Sounds like you will be receiving a new part to replace the faulty one. Try drilling out the hole next time instead of forcing it, looks like they're made from resin so should drill easy enough.

#9435 2 years ago

Regardless his PM's to me crossed a line that I wouldn't expect most businesses to do in speaking to their customers. He knows my thoughts now with it all.

I think where you went wrong here is posting problems with the product before actually trying to get the problem resolved with the particular business or retailer. I am speaking first hand with my experiences with The Art of Pinball. Lior is a great guy and has great products. Do mistakes happen from time to time with any business? Yes! But my experience in how you handle yourself in the beginning really sets the tone.

#9436 2 years ago

Thanks he ended writing a bit of offhand PM to me overnight which I was a bit taken a back by, having a bit of dig about my original post. I don't know how he expects pinsiders paying big money on his resin molded artworks not to share issues here. Same goes for any other mod in pinball and most other categories.
[quoted image]

The guy is a total drama queen.....yes he makes creative stuff, but when u have issues, and u post to a public forum he gets all bent out of shape...I've just stopped buying anything from the guy as its over priced anyways

#9437 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Ok I understand your frustration with the product but a little patience and you would have the same result without the public shaming. Sounds like you will be receiving a new part to replace the faulty one. Try drilling out the hole next time instead of forcing it, looks like they're made from resin so should drill easy enough.

Ahh yeah probably easier said than done at the cost of the product. I don't know any other enthusiast forum where people would express such views. You should see the posts on avsforum as an example. Why should I have to modify a product of this calibre to start with?

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello everyone! I jumped the gun (pun intended) on buying one of these complete gun assemblies for my IJ just before formally deciding to have Robert Stone powdercoat my original. I still have this one brand new replacement if anyone is interested to get one with a discount, send me a PM
https://www.pinballlife.com/indiana-jonesdirty-harry-gun-handle-assembly.html[quoted image]

This is now sold, thank you for all the interest!

#9439 2 years ago

Ahh yeah probably easier said than done at the cost of the product. I don't know any other enthusiast forum where people would express such views. You should see the posts on avsforum as an example. Why should I have to modify a product of this calibre to start with?

Your pinball machine is almost 30 years past introduction date... Sometimes things move around. It's par for the course.

#9440 2 years ago

Why were you so quick to post the problem before contacting lior or little shop of games.For the drama and attition of course.
He has always made any problem right and he is just a artist makeing mods.He probaly take it offensively when someone attacks him without a chance to make it right befor the attack.

#9441 2 years ago

My machine keeps factory resetting every time i turn it on
I took out the battery and checked it with a multimeter and it measures just over 3v.
Anything else i need to look at ?

16451237177452076222951610568508 (resized).jpg16451237177452076222951610568508 (resized).jpg
#9442 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I took out the battery and checked it with a multimeter and it measures just over 3v.
[quoted image]

you 5v circuit will most likely be the issue.
Refer to the manual and check the correct Test Point (TP) and report the voltage you are getting. You might need a new regulator, bridge, caps, etc.

#9443 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

[quoted image]

Rocket wpc89 solves all reset issues and fixes the clock finally:

https://www.pinsound.org/rocket-cpu-wpc/

Its a very good price right now.

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Rocket wpc89 solves all reset issues and fixes the clock finally:
https://www.pinsound.org/rocket-cpu-wpc/
Its a very good price right now.

What clock is this in Indy?

#9445 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

[quoted image]

The battery is only used to hold the settings and high score information in RAM while the game is power off, and is not related to game resets.

WPC resets are covered in detail at https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

However as a starting point if you have a DMM check the voltages at TP1, 2 & 3 on your Power Driver board (as per below)

WPC Power Board - Voltage Test Points (resized).jpgWPC Power Board - Voltage Test Points (resized).jpg
#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

He's referring to the clock crystal/circuit on the CPU board

#9447 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

He's referring to the clock crystal/circuit on the CPU board

Just making sure it wasn’t the TZ clock

#9448 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Why were you so quick to post the problem before contacting lior or little shop of games.For the drama and attition of course.
He has always made any problem right and he is just a artist makeing mods.He probaly take it offensively when someone attacks him without a chance to make it right befor the attack.

This is the nature of enthusiast forums. You tell me where this doesn't commonly happen, especially when the product is of this kind of value. I shared legit manufacturing defect with a product...I only shared that I was less than impressed with the manufacturers feedback after it occurred via PM. No drama needed, but it was drama I got in response.
The matter is now closed for better or for worse.

#9449 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:This is the nature of enthusiast forums. You tell me where this doesn't commonly happen, especially when the product is of this kind of value. I shared legit manufacturing defect with a product...I only shared that I was less than impressed with the manufacturers feedback after it occurred via PM. No drama needed, but it was drama I got in response.
The matter is now closed for better or for worse.

I understand at least mate. There's some retailers in here who have a loyal (read rabid) following, and preach the immaculate service that people like Dan form Pinwoofer actually provide.

Some of them are the worst people i've ever dealt with (never dealt with lior, so not aimed at him) but the consensus is always it's your fault here.

#9450 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Williams clock/crystal circuit is well know for not even being close to keeping the correct time and date.

The time/date displays are off by hours and even days after a very short time of a couple weeks.

It always cracked me up when I would get a midnight madness mode out of nowhere in the morning or afternoon.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just making sure it wasn’t the TZ clock

TZ uses the real time clock on the CPU board to set the time if its enabled in the service menu.

Since the CPU time is always off, the TZ playfield clock is always off too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Wanted
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/189?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.