IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 234.
#9101 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ok cool. Would there be any benefit on getting a new cab to put these on vs using the original?

You just have to make the old cab smooth before applying. I filled any indents and sanded

#9102 2 years ago

Playing a few games against my daughter. She went upstairs to get part of her brother's old costume. This is my favorite part of pinball.

20211010_164812 (resized).jpg20211010_164812 (resized).jpg
#9103 2 years ago

Hi all I am restoring a IJ ,it's been apart for a while now and I can't seem too remember how the wires and plugs go at the transformer ,does anyone have any pics of that too help me .

Thanks

#9104 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Hi all I am restoring a IJ ,it's been apart for a while now and I can't seem too remember how the wires and plugs go at the transformer ,does anyone have any pics of that too help me .
Thanks

Hi Will, send me a pic of what you need to see, the general area and I will send you one tomorrow.

#9105 2 years ago

I really need an antidote in my IJ, the game is a bit frustrating sometimes when I get 8 rejects in a row to then drain...

Anybody with a spare antidote that would like to pass along?

#9106 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hi Will, send me a pic of what you need to see, the general area and I will send you one tomorrow.

Ok will do ,it's beside the transformer thanks bud

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#9107 2 years ago

I really need an antidote in my IJ, the game is a bit frustrating sometimes when I get 8 rejects in a row to then drain...

Sorry my man … my “fun life” is wrecked at the moment… My real work pulls me away every few months … ton of crap goin on. I need to get some more units out!

#9108 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Sorry my man … my “fun life” is wrecked at the moment… My real work pulls me away every few months … ton of crap goin on. I need to get some more units out!

I know you had mentioned it to me, I hope things settle down for you soon! Hope all is well.

#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yes we all hope everything turns out good for u and hope all is well ,keep us all updated lots of people needs more of your great work .

#9110 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Didn’t you consign some other part with Cliffy? Maybe you should team up? This product is a hit and should be patented

#9111 2 years ago

Williampinball
This is what I got there. In your game looks like somebody extended one of the harnesses?
Anyway, see if these pics help you and let me know.

1D67ED18-4CCA-40FF-A0ED-0F6384155239 (resized).jpeg1D67ED18-4CCA-40FF-A0ED-0F6384155239 (resized).jpeg9DF36503-6A3B-4D09-8F6F-18B8BAB0BF35 (resized).jpeg9DF36503-6A3B-4D09-8F6F-18B8BAB0BF35 (resized).jpegD64CF73C-0A1D-4B8F-8B06-8523F823CF6A (resized).jpegD64CF73C-0A1D-4B8F-8B06-8523F823CF6A (resized).jpeg
#9112 2 years ago

I bought the scoop drop kit from Caucasian2Step and it works pretty well. I can still get a reject on a perfect shot but the vast majority of time it works great. I just have a lot of saucer kick out to left sling to right outlane occurrences that I’m not sure how to solve.

#9113 2 years ago

In your game looks like somebody extended one of the harnesses?

That harness is a bypass between transformer and secondary harness (to the backbox). The output of this harness goes to the interlock switches.

#9114 2 years ago

Williampinball
This is what I got there. In your game looks like somebody extended one of the harnesses?
Anyway, see if these pics help you and let me know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks bud this does help as Davi said its a bypass that goes too the interlock switches here's my just seing if it's right ,I think it is thanks guys

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#9115 2 years ago

Cliffy has a new offset deflector…

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

#9116 2 years ago

meh... I refuse!
how much longer do you think you will need before you start making more Antidotes? I refuse to try anything else.

#9117 2 years ago

meh... I refuse!
how much longer do you think you will need before you start making more Antidotes? I refuse to try anything else.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bd162969d11f2b3fbac5a545626999506af97c73-1634645785-1800"};
//]]>

Appreciate it… and I’m certain Cliffy’s deflector is a good choice.

I’ll see if I can crank out a batch in the next week.

#9118 2 years ago

I have one. Like everything he makes, it is high quality. I was still getting a lot of rejects though until I replaced his bumper with a piece of foam. I'm probably around 80% success now.

#9119 2 years ago

Time to open up the inlanes! Great game but a long player.

Any idea what is causing the localized verticle black lines in the playfield?

20211020_201548 (resized).jpg20211020_201548 (resized).jpg
20211018_194742 (resized).jpg20211018_194742 (resized).jpg

#9120 2 years ago

The lines are planking. It's not uncommon for a playfield decades old.

#9121 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Time to open up the inlanes! Great game but a long player.
Any idea what is causing the localized verticle black lines in the playfield?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yep, definitely planking.

Time to do a playfield swap while they are available.

Its just not worth restoration when you can get a new playfield.

#9122 2 years ago

that planking is very minimal, you can certainly airbrush the yellow if it is just the yellow and then clear.
If you are doing a PF swap I will take that old PF,

#9123 2 years ago

that planking is very minimal, you can certainly airbrush the yellow if it is just the yellow and then clear.
If you are doing a PF swap I will take that old PF,

Same here

1 week later
#9124 2 years ago

I'm down to three airball mods left and might not make again. Was a two year gap since last time I made.

1 week later
#9125 2 years ago

Is it just me or is there anyone else hoping to find an antidote in their Christmas stocking?
Ricochet

No pressure though

#9126 2 years ago

Is it just me or is anyone else hoping to find an antidote in their Christmas stocking?
Ricochet?

It's not just you. I just hope I'm on the list whenever he gets around to making another batch.

#9127 2 years ago

not to put pressure but maybe he does not have enough demand to justify the push?
Maybe if we put a list of interested people ourselves and prepay he might be able to simplify the process?
This is just a thought, not trying to push for anything, just trying to help... Just mentioning because I did make preorders for other hobbies and collecting funds and confirming orders up is the toughest part, of course this is different and requires labour etc... anyway, long winded explanation here.

If there is anything we can do to simplify it for Ricochet, we might be able to help?

#9128 2 years ago

I just brought the Lost Plastic and the Lost Plastic LED board to install on my new IJ. My IJ don't have the cutout in the backboard so I need to cut the hole myself. The problem is is didn't get any template from the supplier where to cut the hole in the backboard. Is there any who can help with some measurements where the hole should be cut and how big it should be?

#9129 2 years ago

It’s not that complicated … my situation at my work is pretty miserable. I literally need a day. It’s coming.

I do very much appreciate the offer to help out!!!

#9130 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

I just brought the Lost Plastic and the Lost Plastic LED board to install on my new IJ. My IJ don't have the cutout in the backboard so I need to cut the hole myself. The problem is is didn't get any template from the supplier where to cut the hole in the backboard. Is there any who can help with some measurements where the hole should be cut and how big it should be?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/180#post-6482955

Just as an FYI, I found the post using the thread search looking for "template"

#9131 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It’s not that complicated … my situation at my work is pretty miserable. I literally need a day. It’s coming.
I do very much appreciate the offer to help out!!!

Sounds like you work for my company

#9132 2 years ago

well, I am contemplating doing something really crazy... without much details in case it does not happen, my question is:

how difficult would it be to acquire all the wiring for an Indiana Jones... let's say I have a friend that has enough parts to build an IJ from scratch except for the wiring... lol

Should my friend just wire the whole thing himself? My friend is shitting his pants just by thinking about it.

In case you missed it, asking for a friend.

#9133 2 years ago

You could do it, if you don't want to play said game for a couple years

#9134 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

You could do it, if you don't want to play said game for a couple years

I am not sure what you meant. That my wiring is gonna suck and it is going to take 2 years to figure out, or that it takes 2 years to wire a game.
lol
I think both might be correct.

Actually my wiring would not suck, because I do not make anything that sucks. lol But I am certainly underestimating how long it takes to wire a game.

Anybody done such thing for a game before?

anybody willing to sell a full harness!!?

#9135 2 years ago

I was thinking about my limited electrical skills and what it would take me to build the harness, maybe check out HEP on youtube, he does a lot of this. I think finding the right colors to match the manual might be the real challenge.

#9136 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

I was thinking about my limited electrical skills and what it would take me to build the harness, maybe check out HEP on youtube, he does a lot of this. I think finding the right colors to match the manual might be the real challenge.

Hep is the man, yes he does some wiring but usually reuses the old harness. I can also make the wire myself, already have a few spools of every color, just need to paint the stripes on it (which I have done once before) and it works great.

I already own an IJ, but I have enough parts to build a second, except the harness... well, I am also missing the subway, a scoop and a few other metal guides, but other than that, I have everything.

Please someone talk me out of this project if these parts are impossible to find or If I am going mad and need to see a psychologist.

#9137 2 years ago

Hep is the man, yes he does some wiring but usually reuses the old harness. I can also make the wire myself, already have a few spools of every color, just need to paint the stripes on it (which I have done once before) and it works great.
I already own an IJ, but I have enough parts to build a second, except the harness... well, I am also missing the subway, a scoop and a few other metal guides, but other than that, I have everything.
Please someone talk me out of this project if these parts are impossible to find or If I am going mad and need to see a psychologist.

There are a few scratch built IJ's out there.

Its not impossible at all, just time consuming.

#9138 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

There are a few scratch built IJ's out there.
Its not impossible at all, just time consuming.

I have built plenty of harnesses. Time consuming but not difficult at all.

Since you always have to remove them all during a restoration, its easy to copy an existing to make a new one.

When you restore your IJ just make up a spare harness for your upcoming scratch build.

People do it all the time. The proper wire is commonly available in most cases.

#9139 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have built plenty of harnesses. Time consuming but not difficult at all.
Since you always have to remove them all during a restoration, its easy to copy an existing to make a new one.
When you restore your IJ just make up a spare harness for your upcoming scratch build.
People do it all the time. The proper wire is commonly available in most cases.

that is a good plan! good to hear is not impossible or difficult. I will go this route.

#9140 2 years ago

that is a good plan! good to hear is not impossible or difficult. I will go this route.

Actually if you're going the route of a full rebuild of the wire harness , I would recommend that you simplify your work for inserts and GI: replace them all with WS281x ledstrip (there are solutions out there). You will save a tremendous amount of time for the wiring (it's just three wires in chain), plus it will give you some nice flexibility (changing colors for the inserts and GI)

For the control part, reach out to whoever is building the 'Total Light' mod for Tron/Metallica etc, as I'm sure his control board can be adjusted for WPC.

You essentially replace a matrix based insert control system by a serial insert control system (same for GI, although this one is less complicated)

Cheers

#9141 2 years ago

well, I am contemplating doing something really crazy... without much details in case it does not happen, my question is:
how difficult would it be to acquire all the wiring for an Indiana Jones... let's say I have a friend that has enough parts to build an IJ from scratch except for the wiring... lol
Should my friend just wire the whole thing himself? My friend is shitting his pants just by thinking about it.
In case you missed it, asking for a friend.

Based on my experience:
You have to source 18 and 22 AWG wires. You have 2 options:
Purchase stranded wires: due to minimum order quantity, it's not so attractive from price point of view.
Purchase standard wires, and apply the stripes by yourself.

Without sample harness I would not start. A dedicated jig/template is required for the job for every harness.

Manufacturing time:
Switch harness: 2 days
Lamp harness: 2 days
Solenoid harness: 2 days

And of course you have to buy a lot of Molex connectors and IDC connectors. On top of that, there are ~30 small harness for assemblies.

#9142 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Based on my experience:
You have to source 18 and 22 AWG wires. You have 2 options:
Purchase stranded wires: due to minimum order quantity, it's not so attractive from price point of view.
Purchase standard wires, and apply the stripes by yourself.
Without sample harness I would not start. A dedicated jig/template is required for the job for every harness.
Manufacturing time:
Switch harness: 2 days
Lamp harness: 2 days
Solenoid harness: 2 days
And of course you have to buy a lot of Molex connectors and IDC connectors. On top of that, there are ~30 small harness for assemblies.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Actually if you're going the route of a full rebuild of the wire harness , I would recommend that you simplify your work for inserts and GI: replace them all with WS281x ledstrip (there are solutions out there). You will save a tremendous amount of time for the wiring (it's just three wires in chain), plus it will give you some nice flexibility (changing colors for the inserts and GI)
For the control part, reach out to whoever is building the 'Total Light' mod for Tron/Metallica etc, as I'm sure his control board can be adjusted for WPC.
You essentially replace a matrix based insert control system by a serial insert control system (same for GI, although this one is less complicated)
Cheers

thank you for these tips. I do have an extensive collection of molex connectors, it might not cover the entirety of the game but I have most. I think I am close.

Davi do you know anybody who is remaking some of the ball guides, under apron guides, and idol exit ramp? I bet there is somebody out there fabricating pinball parts. I would like these to look like factory.

#9143 2 years ago

thank you for these tips. I do have an extensive collection of molex connectors, it might not cover the entirety of the game but I have most. I think I am close.
Davi do you know anybody who is remaking some of the ball guides, under apron guides, and idol exit ramp? I bet there is somebody out there fabricating pinball parts. I would like these to look like factory.

My IJ is getting restored now.
Another guy is scratch building his IJ.
He is copying all my metal parts.
Making them all by hand.
Including the wire ramps.
He will have the specs for all when done.

#9144 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My IJ is getting restored now.
Another guy is scratch building his IJ.
He is copying all my metal parts.
Making them all by hand.
Including the wire ramps.
He will have the specs for all when done.

Perfect. I will reach out to you for more details!
Thanks

#9145 2 years ago

The parts list contains all the required wires (color, length), and also the number of Molex and IDC connectors.
There is a scratch build group in Facebook, and I know IJ builds in progress (I sent wire ramp set for these projects).

#9146 2 years ago

anybody here have any under PF parts/mechs/boards they want to sell?
I'd be interested, please contact me asap.

#9147 2 years ago

Having some illumination issues. The Led lights under the slings and inlanes are not working on both sides of the playfield. Having a hard time tracing the wire back to its origin. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#9148 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Having some illumination issues. The Led lights under the slings and inlanes are not working on both sides of the playfield. Having a hard time tracing the wire back to its origin. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There are two strands of GI on the playfied … upper and lower. You can go into the tests menu to test them.

Run the test for the lower GI … you may have more than just those lamps out on that strand. If that is the case … you can check the connector for that strand as well as the fuse.

Lower GI pair is white-orange/ orange pair from J121 on the power driver. It goes to the lamp north east of the ADV targets behind the entrance to the left orbit. All of the GI for each strand are daisy chained by yellow wires.

#9149 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There are two strands of GI on the playfied … upper and lower. You can go into the tests menu to test them.
Run the test for the lower GI … you may have more than just those lamps out on that strand. If that is the case … you can check the connector for that strand as well as the fuse.
Lower GI pair is white-orange/ orange pair from J121 on the power driver. It goes to the lamp north east of the ADV targets behind the entrance to the left orbit. All of the GI for each strand are daisy chained by yellow wires.

Found the issue!! Thanks!

#9150 2 years ago

Joined the club, is there anyone making new cabinets with artwork? Virtuapin has cabinets but am curious about a turnkey one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
$ 1,419.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/183?hl=plovis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.