IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125929 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_130054 (resized).jpg
There are 11,708 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 235.
#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What are the items you need to look out for on this particular machine when making a purchase beyond normal pinball inspections?
I am going to pick up one of these on Sunday if there is nothing majorly wrong with it. From what I can see in photos the playfield looks good, minor wear in the shooter lane, no credit dot, not a reimport, and only light fading on the cabinet. Just trying to find out if there are any unobtanium highly breakable parts or spots that have major wear I should be on the lookout for. Thanks and will post pictures assuming she makes it home!

If you buy it, there are two essential mods that are absolute game changers for IJ. 1). Korn’s plane mods 2). The antidote Both are well documented here.

#9052 2 years ago

Always and forever.
But the ticker has changed from CCIV to LCID... and I'm green again!

Glad to hear that. Did you keep dumping it little by little or bought more?

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Glad to hear that. Did you keep dumping it little by little or bought more?

I liquidated about a third of my position a couple months ago. Selling off chunks every time the stock rises $2.39 starting at $26.35 now.

Quoted from Johncare07:

If you buy it, there are two essential mods that are absolute game changers for IJ. 1). Korn’s plane mods 2). The antidote Both are well documented here.

The example I'm picking up comes with the plane mod with spinning propeller, Ark mod, color dmd, side blades, LEDs, and cliffys... I will have to look into the antidote.

#9054 2 years ago

Is this Indiana Jones 69, Search for the Underworld Secret Stock Picks Adventure

#9055 2 years ago

I finished installing my Jackpot Board and learned that the openings in the speaker board do not need to be the exact shapes. This makes the project much easier.

IJ Jackpot Board Install01 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install01 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install02 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install02 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install05 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install05 (resized).jpgIJ Jackpot Board Install08 (resized).JPGIJ Jackpot Board Install08 (resized).JPG
#9056 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

he openings in the speaker board do not need to be the exact shapes

The proto's and sample games just have a round cutout and a #44 bulb behind it.
Nothing fancy.

#9057 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The proto's and sample games just have a round cutout and a #44 bulb behind it.
Nothing fancy.

so can this be easily achieved with a forstner drill bit? I might try it, otherwise, seems like a hassle.

#9058 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

so can this be easily achieved with a forstner drill bit? I might try it, otherwise, seems like a hassle.

No... Use a Dremel with a router bit.

#9059 2 years ago

Need some help! I am getting two balls launched at a time into the shooter lane from time to time. Also the game seems to end while a ball is still in play. Is this an issue with opto board in the ball trough or something else. Can't seem to resolve the problem. Thanks

#9060 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Need some help! I am getting two balls launched at a time into the shooter lane from time to time. Also the game seems to end while a ball is still in play. Is this an issue with opto board in the ball trough or something else. Can't seem to resolve the problem. Thanks

I’d get new trough opto boards unless you’re handy to replace the optos. Fairly common issue. Divots in ball trough can contribute too. So check those.

#9061 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Same happened to me, new opto boards will fix the problem.

#9062 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

A mis-adjusted or bad shooter lane switch can sometimes cause this also.

#9063 2 years ago

Officially in the club!

20210926_195529 (resized).jpg20210926_195529 (resized).jpg
#9064 2 years ago

Officially in the club![quoted image]

Congrats! CCIV!!!!!

#9066 2 years ago

The game is great, my only complain is that the MB can be easily abused to accumulate points by just focusing on the MB rather than the modes, I can see why this game would not be a good candidate for tournament due to this, other than that I love the code considering the age of the game.

#9067 2 years ago

Officially in the club![quoted image]

Nice looking game!

#9068 2 years ago

The game is great, my only complain is that the MB can be easily abused to accumulate points by just focusing on the MB rather than the modes, I can see why this game would not be a good candidate for tournament due to this, other than that I love the code considering the age of the game.

I've seen IJ used in tournament finals where going modes (to score quickly) was the better strategy over trying to survive long enough to get MB - it really depends how brutal the IJ is set up (outlanes fully open, no rubbers on the outlane or narrow escape, no ball save, no extra balls, etc), so it's a risk/reward as you have less ball control going the drop targets

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've seen IJ used in tournament finals where going modes (to score quickly) was the better strategy over trying to survive long enough to get MB - it really depends how brutal the IJ is set up (outlanes fully open, no rubbers on the outlane or narrow escape, no ball save, no extra balls, etc), so it's a risk/reward as you have less ball control going the drop targets

Good point.
Yeah it could be very vicious it set up like that.

#9070 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced these on IJ?
Marcos seem to have both the full assy or just the gate, but I am skeptical and I think the gate alone might be challenging to replace, meaning I will need a new wire form and all the other pins that actuate the gate to fully rebuild it.

The question being, anybody with first hand experience? The gates both right and left are rusting in my game and would like to replace it them. I am ordering a few items from Marco so I figured this is a good opportunity to do these too.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17797-1

C49DDE6A-4F0F-4026-A12E-03A991866229 (resized).jpegC49DDE6A-4F0F-4026-A12E-03A991866229 (resized).jpeg
#9071 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced these on IJ?
Marcos seem to have both the full assy or just the gate, but I am skeptical and I think the gate alone might be challenging to replace, meaning I will need a new wire form and all the other pins that actuate the gate to fully rebuild it.
The question being, anybody with first hand experience? The gates both right and left are rusting in my game and would like to replace it them. I am ordering a few items from Marco so I figured this is a good opportunity to do these too.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17797-1[quoted image]

It just surface rust that went below the oxide finish.

Its easily sanded off then polished with fine Emory cloth.

Then cleaned with lacquer thinner and then brushed with black gun bluing. Might take a couple coats.
Heating with a hair dryer or heat gun increases the effectiveness of the compound.

I usually boil the part in water (get it to 200 degrees), dry it off with compressed air and dip it into the solution. But brushing the solution on at room temperature works well also.

When dry, coat with carnauba wax or gun oil and it will last for another 30 years.

They look better than new.

Cold bluing liquid is available at walmart and online.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BIRCHWOOD-CASEY-PERMA-BLUE-LIQUID-GUN-BLUE-3-OZ/17163515

#9072 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I hope those who are using Lao's Antidote feel it has upped the excitement of the game.
I am always around and always available for support or questions.

I would love to get one of the Lao's Antidote Deflectors with the SDTM fix. Please add me to your list for this great mod.

I've had my Indy for 25 years and mode start rejects are the only things that detract from this fine game. So if there is a long wait for Lao's Antidote then I will be glad to wait for it whenever its available. Just let me know when and how to pay.

#9073 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It just surface rust that went below the oxide finish.
Its easily sanded off then polished with fine Emory cloth.
Then cleaned with lacquer thinner and then brushed with black gun bluing. Might take a couple coats.
Heating with a hair dryer or heat gun increases the effectiveness of the compound.
I usually boil the part in water (get it to 200 degrees), dry it off with compressed air and dip it into the solution. But brushing the solution on at room temperature works well also.
When dry, coat with carnauba wax or gun oil and it will last for another 30 years.
They look better than new.
Cold bluing liquid is available at walmart and online.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/BIRCHWOOD-CASEY-PERMA-BLUE-LIQUID-GUN-BLUE-3-OZ/17163515

Ok I can try this, have lots of bluing left from my IPSC days a story for another day.

I thought at first the finish flaked off and it was past saving…

Wondering how hard is to disassemble this? i am afraid the wire forms might be staked to stay in place and I personally do not like to Fudge around with a part unless I can bring it back to factory spec or better.

#9075 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I would love to get one of the Lao's Antidote Deflectors with the SDTM fix. Please add me to your list for this great mod.
I've had my Indy for 25 years and mode start rejects are the only things that detract from this fine game. So if there is a long wait for Lao's Antidote then I will be glad to wait for it whenever its available. Just let me know when and how to pay.

Ditto. I'll buy one too

#9076 2 years ago

Ok I can try this, have lots of bluing left from my IPSC days a story for another day.
I thought at first the finish flaked off and it was past saving…
Wondering how hard is to disassemble this? i am afraid the wire forms might be staked to stay in place and I personally do not like to Fudge around with a part unless I can bring it back to factory spec or better.

I just cut the flattened end off the retaining/hinge wire then bend a new one and flatten the end in my vice when done.

Marco has all the wire sizes in stock. Get and assortment and a couple of the larger size as well for ball guides.

Its fast and easy.

#9077 2 years ago

I'm down to 12 airball mod stoppers. Details in the marketplace. A must for this game.

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm down to 12 airball mod stoppers. Details in the marketplace. A must for this game.

I bought two sets of these a few years ago now and it completely changed my game. I am still on the first set also.
Honestly i wonder how people do not have an airball protector in their game

#9079 2 years ago

Hi all- took me 3 months but finally installed lao anecdote - actually not bad - great instructions BUT how do I know when the POA is on right (the Allen wrench screw thing in right place so POA is right amount forward vs backward)? Should it have a little give back girth or left right? Seems like it’s close to hitting mode hole and trying to make sure it is in perfect spot. Thank you!

#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Hi all- took me 3 months but finally installed lao anecdote - actually not bad - great instructions BUT how do I know when the POA is on right (the Allen wrench screw thing in right place so POA is right amount forward vs backward)? Should it have a little give back girth or left right? Seems like it’s close to hitting mode hole and trying to make sure it is in perfect spot. Thank you!

levelled with the platform in front of it, where the ball exits the poa. do not use the bridge to gauge the levelness of it, the bridge is slanted.

#9081 2 years ago

Thanks PF. That helped. I didn’t have the two screw bracket as tight as should have been. Also what was driving me crazy was I potently have an extra bracket on the medial side of POA which I never realized (none of other machines I see online have this). It makes it tight but workable for the clearance to the mod hole. Thought I was going crazy. Thanks again

#9082 2 years ago

New pinball pimp insert cards from the pinside store. Cool upgrade.

20211002_134717 (resized).jpg20211002_134717 (resized).jpg
#9083 2 years ago

Finishing up my radcals tonight! First time doing them but it’s been pretty easy so far

BBF8A2D9-C9EA-441C-9AD6-E06583BEA285 (resized).jpegBBF8A2D9-C9EA-441C-9AD6-E06583BEA285 (resized).jpeg
#9084 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Finishing up my radcals tonight! First time doing them but it’s been pretty easy so far
[quoted image]

Did you have to remove the playfield or put it on it's side? I'd love some details when you are done.

#9085 2 years ago

Did you have to remove the playfield or put it on it's side? I'd love some details when you are done.

I dropped it down on my Milwaukee light and made sure nothing was able to be damaged on the backboard. I had to remove the speaker but you need to either remove the playfield, suspend it or drop it off the rails so you can remove the bolts. Here is a pic. It was a little tipsy so I have that rod ensure it stays up. I’ve sanded the sides and jiggled it a ton. That rod is keeping it safe

9E1EAE18-DEFB-48DB-A0D9-2F1E3C6AFA13 (resized).jpeg9E1EAE18-DEFB-48DB-A0D9-2F1E3C6AFA13 (resized).jpegE9B182E5-8B18-4989-8C4D-C86C7332D8D3 (resized).jpegE9B182E5-8B18-4989-8C4D-C86C7332D8D3 (resized).jpeg
#9086 2 years ago

Happy81724... are you painting over the original cab & head decals, before installation of RadCals?

#9087 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Happy81724... are you painting over the original cab & head decals, before installation of RadCals?

No, just the edges if the rad cal isn’t quite flush. My buddy has done quite a few pins and basically all you have to do is make the cabinet flat so fill/sand any spots that are not but they can go right over existing art if it’s all smooth

2A5367DD-87E5-40DC-806B-80B6D0F46FA8 (resized).jpeg2A5367DD-87E5-40DC-806B-80B6D0F46FA8 (resized).jpeg
#9088 2 years ago

What a great game. 13 modes!Finally made the 1 billion shot yesterday. First time ever.

#9089 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, just the edges if the rad cal isn’t quite flush. My buddy has done quite a few pins and basically all you have to do is make the cabinet flat so fill/sand any spots that are not but they can go right over existing art if it’s all smooth

I've done many RadCals. I wouldn't recommend going over existing side art w/o painting it a solid color. RadCals are somewhat transparent, so you'll be able to see the existing artwork under your new RadCals. There is a thread here on Pinside, actually discussing this done with an IJ RadCals. Once you stick them on, your screwed.

That thread is on RadCals, I don't think it's here in the IJ thread. You should read / see it.

Kerry

#9090 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I've done many RadCals. I wouldn't recommend going over existing side art w/o painting it a solid color. RadCals are somewhat transparent, so you'll be able to see the existing artwork under your new RadCals. There is a thread here on Pinside, actually discussing this done with an IJ RadCals. Once you stick them on, your screwed.
That thread is on RadCals, I don't think it's here in the IJ thread. You should read / see it.
Kerry

Ok, the head is done but not the body. The front I did actually paint. The head looks great even though i didn’t paint that. I don’t see anything but I can paint the body today before putting them on

Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:What a great game. 13 modes!Finally made the 1 billion shot yesterday. First time ever.

After a couple years having the game, just got the 1 billion for the first time just a few days back. It is my favorite pin and that's sitting next to POTC, TOTAN and The Hobbit...Love them all but IJ just edges them out.

#9092 2 years ago

Ha! Congrats. It’s very elusive. I’ve only ever got it once as well, I thought I missed the final switch be for the second to last ball drained and I looked up 1 Billion Red Banner! So cool. I almost got there last week. Had 2 balls trapped and all I needed was the left ramp. Way too easy and I bricked and right out the left outlane! Agony of defeat! This will be the last pin standing when it comes time to sell everything else

#9093 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I dropped it down on my Milwaukee light and made sure nothing was able to be damaged on the backboard. I had to remove the speaker but you need to either remove the playfield, suspend it or drop it off the rails so you can remove the bolts. Here is a pic. It was a little tipsy so I have that rod ensure it stays up. I’ve sanded the sides and jiggled it a ton. That rod is keeping it safe
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure I understand what's that red thing beneath the playfield?

Regards

#9094 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm not sure I understand what's that red thing beneath the playfield?
Regards

It’s a Milwaukee light which is a nice flat box so I could drop the playfield off the rail bolts to take them off. It’s sitting upright on it. Otherwise you have take the playfield completely out or people suspend it from chains

#9095 2 years ago

Hi!

For who miss it, here my thread about Disneyland Indiana Jones making!

Its happening here on pinside

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-goes-to-custom-disneyland-special-facsimile-edition-

IMG_20210925_160223 (resized).jpgIMG_20210925_160223 (resized).jpg

Huge consecration for me with the highlight of kaneda from kanedas pinball podcast on his last podcast! Many Many thanks to him.

Very proud that my work was relesead onto this show into the pinball World !

You Can Listen here started at 25min30

https://m.soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-618-cgc-grabs-2-of-pinballs-most-wanted

IMG_20211004_161733 (resized).jpgIMG_20211004_161733 (resized).jpg

#9096 2 years ago

Rad cals are done! Not horrible to put on

873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpeg873063E5-AE10-4ACD-BE2B-27C3705178DC (resized).jpegAFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpegAFBF4CD6-B7CB-49C4-AA61-CFBC5CC58BA5 (resized).jpeg
#9097 2 years ago

Looks nice. So you put the on without removing the backbox hinges?

#9098 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Looks nice. So you put the on without removing the backbox hinges?

No, I removed them

#9099 2 years ago

Ok cool. Would there be any benefit on getting a new cab to put these on vs using the original?

#9100 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ok cool. Would there be any benefit on getting a new cab to put these on vs using the original?

New cab is a lot of work.

Refreshing an old cab is much easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

There are 11,708 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/182 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.