IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 234.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

If someone can make a precut panel, I'd be interested in buying.

I saw one in the marketplace. At $185 though, I think I'll take mine apart and get out the Demel.

#9002 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I saw one in the marketplace. At $185 though, I think I'll take mine apart and get out the Demel.

It's worth pointing out that this board for sale (the same one offered by Revolutionary Pinball) is very...generic...when it comes to the cutouts. They are simply creating rectangles for the stones and grail, and a circle cut for the ark. Doing the cuts this way is fine, but will create light bleed around the object, making a very obvious rectangle or semicircle when illuminated.

I think the best way to approach this is to cut your board in line with the contours of the actual jackpot item (as per @ricochet's provided stencil pattern), so that the object itself is the only thing you see when it lights up. It's why so many of us choose to go the Dremel route - but to each their own. Some people prefer the convenience of the pre-cut board to the accuracy and customizability of doing it yourself.

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

But I do remember a drawing of the complete panel. Really have to dig to find it....

Its in the manual with no dimensions.

Someone should post it with measurements on it.

#9004 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It should be fairly straightforward to trace whatever you want off the plastic via some parchment paper.

Then just dremel it out. Or drill and coping saw.

Oddly it is very forgiving and any mistakes wont be seen or even noticed.

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It should be fairly straightforward to trace whatever you want off the plastic via some parchment paper.
Then just dremel it out. Or drill and coping saw.
Oddly it is very forgiving and any mistakes wont be seen or even noticed.

That's exactly what I did today. Made a stencil from some wax paper my wife had in the kitchen and used a dremel. Took a couple hours but looks perfect.

20210907_195947 (resized).jpg20210907_195947 (resized).jpg
#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

That's exactly what I did today. Made a stencil from some wax paper my wife had in the kitchen and used a dremel. Took a couple hours but looks perfect.
[quoted image]

"It's bad enough that your pinball machines have overtaken the dining room, and now you used up all of my wax paper!"

#9007 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

[quoted image]

It is THE easiest and most economical way to go… if you can use a pencil and a Dremel tool… there is nothing to it.

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

[quoted image]

Well done !

#9009 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It is THE easiest and most economical way to go… if you can use a pencil and a Dremel tool… there is nothing to it.

As it turns out, I want to do a little bit more, hence my question... I could build one from scratch though, taking measurements (will probably end up doing that)

I'll figure it out, no worries

Regards

#9010 2 years ago

What dremel bit did you use? Router?

#9011 2 years ago

You can use a Dremel with a 650 1/8-inch straight router bit and 565 multipurpose cutting guide attachment.

… or equivalent

I would also use a set of various small files to finish the job nicely… hand routing can sometimes make wiggly edges… although it really won’t matter all that much.

#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol, ok! good to know, thanks!

I was planning on doing the same thing you want to do, I even bought the plane models, motors, airbrush etc.... Good luck if you can match the work of KornFreak28, he has become an expert at it, not to mention installing the motors, getting new figures and now the new motor controller. In my opinion, something like this should left to the professionals.

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I was planning on doing the same thing you want to do, I even bought the plane models, motors, airbrush etc.... Good luck if you can match the work of KornFreak28, he has become an expert at it, not to mention installing the motors, getting new figures and now the new motor controller. In my opinion, something like this should left to the professionals.

So humbled by this. We will get to you. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Anybody can make planes to their liking. Just a matter of taste.

#9014 2 years ago

No doubt! I am not trying to match what he does. Just building, painting the planes and adding leds as the originals would be enough for me.

#9015 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So humbled by this. We will get to you. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Anybody can make planes to their liking. Just a matter of taste.

On a sidenote, where can I find the page to buy your planes ? I'd like to assess whether this is an option for me

Cheers

#9016 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

On a sidenote, where can I find the page to buy your planes ? I'd like to assess whether this is an option for me
Cheers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service

Note that what is offered now is different from what KF initially offered 3 years ago but definitely check out the gallery pics

#9017 2 years ago

Does anyone have an original Bi-plane they would sell to me after they upgraded to Kornfreaks exceptional replacements?

My Bi-plane has been shot down too many times, and Im going to send it to KF for repairs.

In the mean time, I thought that maybe someone would like to sell me theirs if they dont want it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-indiana-jones-bi-plane-1#post-6486304

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service
Note that what is offered now is different from what KF initially offered 3 years ago but definitely check out the gallery pics

Thanks brother!

#9019 2 years ago

Does anyone have an original Bi-plane they would sell to me after they upgraded to Kornfreaks exceptional replacements?
My Bi-plane has been shot down to many times and Im going to send it to KF for repairs.
In the mean time, I thought that maybe someone would like to sell me theirs if they dont want it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-indiana-jones-bi-plane-1#post-6486304

This IJ topic has 9,018 posts. 547 Pinsiders participating. You have over 500 posts, with tons of info.
This is my original bi-plane, I don't need it anymore. You know what? It's yours, for free.

IJ_biplane (resized).jpgIJ_biplane (resized).jpg
#9020 2 years ago
8C1F5835-BCEE-4F01-861A-5CF43939D1F6.gif8C1F5835-BCEE-4F01-861A-5CF43939D1F6.gif
#9021 2 years ago

My Bi-plane has been shot down to many times and Im going to send it to KF for repairs.

Shoot. Gave mine to a friend whose IJ never had one when I replaced my originals with these. Then decided that I needed to buy from the best. Can't wait for my time to come to get the replacements.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9022 2 years ago

People helping people. It’s beautiful

#9023 2 years ago

Airball mods posted in marketplace. All those that purchased yesterday ship today.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This IJ topic has 9,018 posts. 547 Pinsiders participating. You have over 500 posts, with tons of info.
This is my original bi-plane, I don't need it anymore. You know what? It's yours, for free.[quoted image]

Awww, you are too kind!

That is much better condition than I expected, and FREE? Lol.

Please let me know the shipping cost and Ill paypal you.

Thanks Davi !

#9025 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Shoot. Gave mine to a friend whose IJ never had one when I replaced my originals with these. Then decided that I needed to buy from the best. Can't wait for my time to come to get the replacements.[quoted image]

#9026 2 years ago

this is the best thread on pinside and I have been in a few clubs... lol, this one is active and full of knowledgeable pinball enthusiasts, I was gonna say veterans but we are too young for that. lol

#9027 2 years ago

I'll be donating one functional, and one non-functional Jackpot mod prototype to the Project Pinball auction this year (earlier, non-functional as just something interesting to see at the show, or as a collectible if someone enjoys having a piece of the process).

I've had a ton of demand for the IJ mods since discontinuing them, and this will be the only/last opportunity to get one from me. I intended to donate these last year, but of course the event was cancelled.

More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-

This prototype is unique as the tiki/idol head fire pit didn't make it into the production version.

20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg

#9028 2 years ago

Did you ever run the mini pf rails again?

#9029 2 years ago

Did you ever run the mini pf rails again?

No, they were permanently discontinued. They were very messy to make from home, exceptionally time consuming, and by around then, I was working on Alice Cooper, which was a game I was excited to design for (long wait before it arrived).

Only about 17 out there (1 early gray one that has imperfections, and about 16 gold ones). I also have an unfinished set on hand I'd use if I ever get the game.

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

No, they were permanently discontinued. They were very messy to make from home, exceptionally time consuming, and by around then, I was working on Alice Cooper, which was a game I was excited to design for (long wait before it arrived).
Only about 17 out there (1 early gray one that has imperfections, and about 16 gold ones). I also have an unfinished set on hand I'd use if I ever get the game.

Would you share the ‘how to’ make one?

#9031 2 years ago

Would you share the ‘how to’ make one?

Some of that can be seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

As to not destroy a factory set, I made a silicone mold of the original PoA rails, borrowed from Pinsider "hawkeyexx".

I cast that set with resin and clay sculpted on top of that--carving the resin in some places with a dremel as there was no room for added size in some areas.

Then of course made more molds for the final sculpt.

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Some of that can be seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development
As to not destroy a factory set, I made a silicone mold of the original PoA rails, borrowed from Pinsider "hawkeyexx".
I cast that set with resin and clay sculpted on top of that--carving the resin in some places with a dremel as there was no room for added size in some areas.
Then of course made more molds for the final sculpt.

If I may make a suggestion (and that's just a suggestion, so you're of course free to not follow it ) : would you consider 3D scanning your part (several techniques are available, one being photogrammetry which does not require equipment besides a good camera and a turn table for small parts) ? You could then offer it for sale on Shapeways for example, you would get a cut of the sale, and the end user would need to do the painting. This is what was done for the "Snack Bar mod" for Creature from the Black Lagoon, as the original mod creator did not want to build it anymore, but at the same time there was a significant demand for it so he created a DIY guide.

Could do that for all your mods, that way you at least have a "digital version" of your work

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

If I may make a suggestion (and that's just a suggestion, so you're of course free to not follow it ) : would you consider 3D scanning your part (several techniques are available, one being photogrammetry which does not require equipment besides a good camera and a turn table for small parts) ? You could then offer it for sale on Shapeways for example, you would get a cut of the sale, and the end user would need to do the painting. This is what was done for the "Snack Bar mod" for Creature from the Black Lagoon, as the original mod creator did not want to build it anymore, but at the same time there was a significant demand for it so he created a DIY guide.
Could do that for all your mods, that way you at least have a "digital version" of your work

The only mods that I'm willing to release publicly are available on Thingiverse under Medisinyl: https://www.thingiverse.com/medisinyl/designs

My response and reasoning on this topic can be found in several other threads over the years.

#9034 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The only mods that I'm willing to release publicly are available on Thingiverse under Medisinyl: https://www.thingiverse.com/medisinyl/designs
My response and reasoning on this topic can be found in several other threads over the years.

Thanks for your response. I'm a big proponent of documenting stuff so it's not lost (as was the case with Eli's mod for ex on Tron, or many other mods over the years). That's why I find Swinks (creator of the snackbar mod among others) super interesting. But I can fully appreciate you would have a different opinion on this.

Regards

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks for your response. I'm a big proponent of documenting stuff so it's not lost (as was the case with Eli's mod for ex on Tron, or many other mods over the years). That's why I find Swinks (creator of the snackbar mod among others) super interesting. But I can fully appreciate you would have a different opinion on this.
Regards

I can appreciate Swinks doing that, and I've also given out a handful of DIY projects and write-ups over the years.

I'd mod for free if I could. I'm passionate about it, but rely on the business to succeed to be able to continue (still, the art comes first, and I'm lucky to have a community that often agrees with my vision). It's now well known that my mods will eventually be discontinued and never offered again, despite significant offers after the fact--always amusing to me, and reassuring that my stance is leaving customers with mods they won't lose money on (it would pain me to see someone lose money on something I've sold them). There is a subset of mod buyers that want and appreciate limited mods that become sought after (as a lifelong collector, I understand the importance and excitement of it, and that's worth protecting).

While I can see the value of getting my work into as many games as possible, setting a precedent of giving away/selling mod files or molds that were promised to never be made again would diminish trust in me and the value of everything I've created. If it's expected that the end of a mod's life is to make it freely available, rather than permanently discontinue it, I can't imagine people would be as apt to buy it, or feel as much magic in owning it (this may make more sense to empaths).

While I "lose" money not accepting the crazy offers I receive for discontinued mods, keeping to my word has enhanced the support for each new creation, more than making up for it, without compromising personal values.

The only way a discontinued item would surface would be a one-time offering to a charity auction, or things like these prototype pieces.

The PoA rails were more unfortunate as they weren't meant to be cut so early (I think about 45 were on the list when I discontinued them, and inquiries have been regular since), but I have to stick by my word on those, and even think it's neat to have such a premium mod out there that's rare and sought after (I know many that have them feel the same).

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

On your board, the LED orientation is wrong.
Normally it doesn't matter in case of standard 2 leg LED, however this LED has 4 legs, 2 for anode, 2 for cathode. In this circuit, the track is a short between anode and cathode.

I purchased a Jackpot Board this week from Marco and it appears all 3 LEDs were reworked to the proper orientation. I'm happy because the board works correctly as received.

Rework02 (resized).jpgRework02 (resized).jpg
#9037 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I can appreciate Swinks doing that, and I've also given out a handful of DIY projects and write-ups over the years.
I'd mod for free if I could. I'm passionate about it, but rely on the business to succeed to be able to continue (still, the art comes first, and I'm lucky to have a community that often agrees with my vision). It's now well known that my mods will eventually be discontinued and never offered again, despite significant offers after the fact--always amusing to me, and reassuring that my stance is leaving customers with mods they won't lose money on (it would pain me to see someone lose money on something I've sold them). There is a subset of mod buyers that want and appreciate limited mods that become sought after (as a lifelong collector, I understand the importance and excitement of it, and that's worth protecting).
While I can see the value of getting my work into as many games as possible, setting a precedent of giving away/selling mod files or molds that were promised to never be made again would diminish trust in me and the value of everything I've created. If it's expected that the end of a mod's life is to make it freely available, rather than permanently discontinue it, I can't imagine people would be as apt to buy it, or feel as much magic in owning it (this may make more sense to empaths).
While I "lose" money not accepting the crazy offers I receive for discontinued mods, keeping to my word has enhanced the support for each new creation, more than making up for it.
The only way a discontinued item would surface would be a one-time offering to a charity auction, or things like these prototype pieces.
The PoA rails were more unfortunate as they weren't meant to be cut so early (I think about 45 were on the list when I discontinued them, and inquiries have been regular since), but I have to stick by my word on those, and even think it's neat to have such a premium mod out there that's rare and sought after (I know many that have them feel the same).

That's a fair position.

Now I do need to find a solution to give a better appearance to these PoA rails

#9038 2 years ago

After what seemed like an eternity in pieces, I finally got my Indy back together. Even with the Cliffy mode hole deflector, I'm still getting some rejects. I searched the thread, there were lots of methods employed about a year ago. A year later, who has a fix that they are still happy with.

Just missing the shooter assembly.

20210916_105256 (resized).jpg20210916_105256 (resized).jpg20210916_173643 (resized).jpg20210916_173643 (resized).jpg20210916_173654 (resized).jpg20210916_173654 (resized).jpg

#9039 2 years ago

Hit up Ricochet and see post #8642 - His Antidote is the answer

#9040 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I purchased a Jackpot Board this week from Marco and it appears all 3 LEDs were reworked to the proper orientation. I'm happy because the board works correctly as received.[quoted image]

that soldering job is cringe.

#9041 2 years ago

that soldering job is cringe.

I think they reworked all the errors with a soldering iron instead of a hot air station.

Quick and dirty and lack of temperature control, but it works...

#9042 2 years ago

Anyone know if J-lo is on this thread? Wonder what her game would sell for.

(From her IG)

9DBA18C1-2F3E-440C-92BE-063A9ACC8EB5 (resized).jpeg9DBA18C1-2F3E-440C-92BE-063A9ACC8EB5 (resized).jpeg
#9043 2 years ago

I bet she’s never played it

#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I bet she’s never played it

I dunno, she's pretty down to earth. I bet she has played it a bit and enjoyed it.

One thing about IJ is that its not filled with highly sexualized images and is family friendly.

Women like that a lot.

Plus its a really fun game.

#9045 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hit up Ricochet and see post #8642 - His Antidote is the answer

Ricochet please check your PM's. I sent one right after this suggestion and never heard back. I'm guessing I just got lost in the shuffle.

#9046 2 years ago

Almost done with putting on my rad cals. I just need the sides of the lower cab. I love the way these look!

8AC1D27A-34AE-407B-AEB8-1E88AA41DD9C (resized).jpeg8AC1D27A-34AE-407B-AEB8-1E88AA41DD9C (resized).jpegB43EDB89-1F98-43C3-ACFA-068D9F866EED (resized).jpegB43EDB89-1F98-43C3-ACFA-068D9F866EED (resized).jpegD31750C1-B8D2-4929-A672-F6F164B6339D (resized).jpegD31750C1-B8D2-4929-A672-F6F164B6339D (resized).jpeg
#9047 2 years ago

What are the items you need to look out for on this particular machine when making a purchase beyond normal pinball inspections?

I am going to pick up one of these on Sunday if there is nothing majorly wrong with it. From what I can see in photos the playfield looks good, minor wear in the shooter lane, no credit dot, not a reimport, and only light fading on the cabinet. Just trying to find out if there are any unobtanium highly breakable parts or spots that have major wear I should be on the lookout for. Thanks and will post pictures assuming she makes it home!

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What are the items you need to look out for on this particular machine when making a purchase beyond normal pinball inspections?
I am going to pick up one of these on Sunday if there is nothing majorly wrong with it. From what I can see in photos the playfield looks good, minor wear in the shooter lane, no credit dot, not a reimport, and only light fading on the cabinet. Just trying to find out if there are any unobtanium highly breakable parts or spots that have major wear I should be on the lookout for. Thanks and will post pictures assuming she makes it home!

CCIV!

#9049 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

the usual William/bally inspection.

#9050 2 years ago

Always and forever.

But the ticker has changed from CCIV to LCID... and I'm green again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 29.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/181?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.