IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 235.
#8851 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Bro is that a full size sarcophagus next to your Indy? Feeling like Disneyland in there and shit! Nice one!

Yeah, I built a little area around the machine and got a little carried away...

IMG_4361 (resized).jpgIMG_4361 (resized).jpg
#8852 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Introducing: Super Monkey Ball Dr. Jones Edition
https://gifyu.com/image/y1he
Still gotta put the Lior path on, been lazy.
And I've gone through most of the crappier toys and addons as well. They all seemed promising at the time but after a while you're like "this is janky..."
I love my monkeys though
They are more than just things to look at, they constantly swing in front of the lights on the path and it makes getting a clean run through there much trickier. Especially when the lights are moving!

Haha this is awesome.

#8853 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

That is absolutely SUPERB. Gosh, I wish I had the space and the skills for this. You can tell this pinball will never leave your collection

#8854 2 years ago

Looking for a replacement WPC widebody cabinet manufacturer in Europe (similar to VirtuaPin), do you know of any ?

Cheers

#8855 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Looking for a replacement WPC widebody cabinet manufacturer in Europe (similar to VirtuaPin), do you know of any ?
Cheers

https://avo-pinball.de/bally-williams-wpc-kabinett-unterteil-widebody-ohne-backbox-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-50017

#8858 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

Gorgeous! That's stone veneer right, you didn't lay real stones right? Right???

You're hired for Pinterior Decorator!

#8859 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

That is absolutely SUPERB. Gosh, I wish I had the space and the skills for this. You can tell this pinball will never leave your collection
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d0c1a49c85a25fc968d8a4f7fc7e4b7208269162-1629212096-1800"};
//]]>

No it can’t now lol

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Gorgeous! That's stone veneer right, you didn't lay real stones right? Right???
You're hired for Pinterior Decorator!

I was going to put real stone, but it would have been about 3k and I thought that was a little excessive for what I was trying to achieve. That is actually PANELING. I found it at a paneling store it cost me about 250.00 in materials and I installed it myself.

#8861 2 years ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Hi guys. After mentioning some time ago my POA setting problems, I wanted to give a little feedback.
I changed on your advice all the parts relating to the POA (motor, opto board, motor driver board) . I also checked all the wiring below, put in order so that nothing comes to interfere with the inclination of the POA. I raised the front support of the POA as mentioned by other members.
I immediately noticed that the new motor was more powerful than the old one, but that doesn't really change the maximum tilt of the POA, which is stopped by the optical detection. At this point, I had no noticeable improvement in game, always one side where the ball rolled without falling, the other side it fell into the pit. I was a little pissed off and finally found what is wrong with my IJ. The ball was still picking up too much speed at the start, and after the first curve fell into the pit. So I tightened the two metal parts of the bridge, so that the ball is much slower when it hits the POA. And eventually it can roll on both sides without falling!
The adjustment is minimal, but makes all the difference.
I stole a photo in the thread (sorry for that) just to show you which parts I’m talking about.
Thank you all for your help on this ![quoted image]

Yep, tiny adjustments there until you get the results you want.

#8862 2 years ago

This is a MUST see if you have not yet seen it..

#8863 2 years ago

#8864 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

The issue with such a huge cave is that you need a lot of people to fill it and get is a bit cosy. When you just get 2 or 3 fiends over all are lost in the scenery. But super cave. I had seen that video before. More like a very nice arcade.

#8865 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The issue with such a huge cave is that you need a lot of people to fill it and get is a bit cosy.

But do you really? Oh man, I could be in there by myself and have a ball. The reality is tho, I’d quit my day job and charge money to have underground debauchery every night

#8866 2 years ago

Anyone ever figure out where this apron came from? Would really like to add something like this..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8867 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Anyone ever figure out where this apron came from? Would really like to add something like this..
[quoted image]

It was posted in a forum, in france, many years ago. Most likely a small run made by a pinballer there.

We need to come up with something and get these made? Anybody with connections to have these fabricated?

#8868 2 years ago

Well, my poa bridge driver board went Kaput.

It looks like it has seen better days. It has been repaired before by a blind operator or while taking a ride on a rollercoaster?

Anyway, capacitor C3 leaked all over the board and some components. Cleaned with alcohol.

Is it worth repairing it or should I just get a new board? I get the feeling it might be repairable but maybe it is time for a new board?

#8869 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It was posted in a forum, in france, many years ago. Most likely a small run made by a pinballer there.
We need to come up with something and get these made? Anybody with connections to have these fabricated?

Let me see what I can do... I have access to a metal fabricator.

#8870 2 years ago

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Let me see what I can do... I have access to a metal fabricator.

You could also try Chris at pinballplating as he does custom work as well (best to contact him via email) - here's his thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating

Chris Royalty
http://www.pinballplating.com
[email protected]

#8871 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

[quoted image]

There is an Italian guy who is manufacturing some very very nice metal aprons, here's mine for Indy, but he also has quite a few other models (TZ, Creature, etc). They are illuminated from below

His name is Alessandro Cacciola, I contacted him through Facebook

He's also building custom siderails and hinges, and he can do different material (chrome plating, powdered)
received_219409279622215 (resized).jpegreceived_219409279622215 (resized).jpeg

#8872 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

There is an Italian guy who is manufacturing some very very nice metal aprons, here's mine for Indy, but he also has quite a few other models (TZ, Creature, etc). They are illuminated from below
He's also building custom siderails and hinges, and he can do different material (chrome plating, powdered)
[quoted image]

I WANT THIS!

#8873 2 years ago

Im in too... How much was it if you don't mind me asking.

#8874 2 years ago

Well, my poa bridge driver board went Kaput.
It looks like it has seen better days. It has been repaired before by a blind operator or while taking a ride on a rollercoaster?
Anyway, capacitor C3 leaked all over the board and some components. Cleaned with alcohol.
Is it worth repairing it or should I just get a new board? I get the feeling it might be repairable but maybe it is time for a new board?

I would get a new one Homepin makes them 65.00

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/electronics/electrical/bridge-driver-replacement-board-for-williams-indiana-jones-a-15946/

#8875 2 years ago
How much was it if you dont mind me asking.

#8876 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

[quoted image]

I like it, it looks cool however, I would be concerned that is the apron might bend after continuously pulling it up, it has too many cutouts and Indiana Jones horseback riding is held to the apron by two tiny pieces of metal by the horse hoofs... maybe I am over thinking it, but I would probably skip the lights and the cutouts for just laser embossing and maybe have that painted instead?

It is beautiful no doubt, but I am worried about the longevity of it.
I sent this person a message on FB but there are SEVERAL people with the same name in Italy. I chose the one with pinball machines on his photos, lol, so I might have gotten the right one.

will see what he says, maybe he has different options/designs.

#8877 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Im in too... How much was it if you don't mind me asking.

120 euros plus shipping

It's a very solid piece of metal, relatively thick, I would not be concerned too much about longevity

I like it, it looks cool however, I would be concerned that is the apron might bend after continuously pulling it up, it has too many cutouts and Indiana Jones horseback riding is held to the apron by two tiny pieces of metal by the horse hoofs... maybe I am over thinking it, but I would probably skip the lights and the cutouts for just laser embossing and maybe have that painted instead?
It is beautiful no doubt, but I am worried about the longevity of it.
I sent this person a message on FB but there are SEVERAL people with the same name in Italy. I chose the one with pinball machines on his photos, lol, so I might have gotten the right one.
will see what he says, maybe he has different options/designs.

Here's the profile info :
https://www.facebook.com/alessandro.cacciola.7

Regards

#8878 2 years ago

i'm the italian guy you're speaking about...
...the metal piece has the same thickness of the original one, and it should't be a problem, because the ball never touch the apron in the weak points you said.
anyway, the real problem is shipping in the usa from italy, because i sold some of my apron there and shipping of a single apron was 60 euro or more...
...not really cheap!

#8879 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

...the metal piece has the same thickness of the original one, and it should't be a problem, because the ball never touch the apron in the weak points you said.
anyway, the real problem is shipping in the usa from italy, because i sold some of my apron there and shipping of a single apron was 60 euro or more...
...not really cheap!

Did you try ShipNex ? That's a freight forwarder, and I got a 60% discount over Fedex price (even though it was actually FedEx who picked it up) when shipping 60lbs from US to France (30kg) (cost me 230 dollars). It's probably worth only if you pack multiple units together though, maybe one of the american pinsider would be willing to do a group buy to save on shipment cost.

#8880 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Freakin awesome. It should have 30 more pins installed but otherwise perfect

#8881 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

B97743B8-446E-4B6F-A2B1-22E4747E5AB2.gifB97743B8-446E-4B6F-A2B1-22E4747E5AB2.gif
#8882 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Did you try ShipNex ? That's a freight forwarder, and I got a 60% discount over Fedex price (even though it was actually FedEx who picked it up) when shipping 60lbs from US to France (30kg) (cost me 230 dollars). It's probably worth only if you pack multiple units together though, maybe one of the american pinsider would be willing to do a group buy to save on shipment cost.

Or get Cointaker to do a bulk deal with him. They sell the TBL lighted Aprons here in the US through Dutch Pinball in Europe. Either way we’re talking Indy here, I think a couple people would pay shipping premium. Does that Apron light up?

D51CFD33-FE3A-43A6-BAF1-751A1B30419F.jpegD51CFD33-FE3A-43A6-BAF1-751A1B30419F.jpeg
#8883 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Or get Cointaker to do a bulk deal with him. They sell the TBL lighted Aprons here in the US through Dutch Pinball in Europe. Either way we’re talking Indy here, I think a couple people would pay shipping premium. Does that Apron light up?
[quoted image]

if i well remember, cointaker published on fb one of the 2 pinballs i did, the "lupin" one. that means they still know who i am...

#8884 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

...not really cheap!

I'm a bit confused on what I see on your IJ apron. are there cutouts? if so, how does it light ? wouldn't you see the
the PF underneath the apron? any other pics from the side or different angle?
I'd be interested in buying one even with the freight cost.
thanks
m

#8885 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

I'm a bit confused on what I see on your IJ apron. are there cutouts? if so, how does it light ? wouldn't you see the
the PF underneath the apron? any other pics from the side or different angle?
I'd be interested in buying one even with the freight cost.
thanks
m

it's laser cut and powder coated metal, under it i put a translucent plastic sheet with colours, the illumination has to be put directly on the playfield

#8886 2 years ago

Officially joined the club yesterday, finished setting up the machine around midnight. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on PinSound and Color DMD. I've done some searching on this forum, and don't have a definitive answer: do I need to plan on a auxiliary P/S for those mods? The game has been converted to LED, so I am sure the power draw has dropped some, but don't know if it adds up to enough margin. I'm probably going to buy the LED OCD boards as well. Some of the inserts and flashers are just too bright. Test mode definitely shows flickering.

I'm happy to take advice, even if it is just in the form of a keyword that I need to search for.

BTW, I laugh every time I hear, "You cheat, Dr. Jones!"

20210823_213259 (resized).jpg20210823_213259 (resized).jpg
#8887 2 years ago

On Data East’s you need the power booster, there’s not one available I’m aware of for Williams. With that said, I have both ColorDMD & Pinsounds and it runs fine but sound does clip at high volumes

#8888 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Officially joined the club yesterday, finished setting up the machine around midnight. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on PinSound and Color DMD. I've done some searching on this forum, and don't have a definitive answer: do I need to plan on a auxiliary P/S for those mods? The game has been converted to LED, so I am sure the power draw has dropped some, but don't know if it adds up to enough margin. I'm probably going to buy the LED OCD boards as well. Some of the inserts and flashers are just too bright. Test mode definitely shows flickering.
I'm happy to take advice, even if it is just in the form of a keyword that I need to search for.
BTW, I laugh every time I hear, "You cheat, Dr. Jones!"
[quoted image]

No extra Power supply needed.
I also like the shaker that’s part of the Pinsound package. Also be sure and upgrade all the speakers and get their stereo speaker harness.

#8889 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I also like the shaker that’s part of the Pinsound package. Also be sure and upgrade all the speakers and get their stereo speaker harness.

I added a few mods (propeller, ark) which draw power and I started to get electrical reset mid game. I was advised to buy something that I forgot the right term for (someone here can def help) and it worked brilliantly. Took less than 2min to install and haven’t had a surge/reset since. The website was http://kahr.us/

I have color DMD and pinsound but per above sounds like that’s different power.

#8890 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I added a few mods (propeller, ark) which draw power and I started to get electrical reset mid game. I was advised to buy something that I forgot the right term for (someone here can def help) and it worked brilliantly. Took less than 2min to install and haven’t had a surge/reset since. The website was http://kahr.us/
I have color DMD and pinsound but per above sounds like that’s different power.

No more reset board.

Its a quick and easy way to get the game up and running without actually fixing the problems with the power supply section of the driver board.

As soon as its feasible the board should be sent in and repaired properly, or swapped out and sent in to a qualified repair person.

I like Chris Hibler.

#8891 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Im a huge fan of Pinsound and their shaker setup!

You cant go wrong there.

#8892 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

No more reset board.
Its a quick and easy way to get the game up and running without actually fixing the problems with the power supply section of the driver board.
As soon as its feasible the board should be sent in and repaired properly, or swapped out and sent in to a qualified repair person.
I like Chris Hibler.

What’s generally wrong with the power supply section of the driver board that causes resets?

#8893 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

What’s generally wrong with the power supply section of the driver board that causes resets?

Typically it's poor connections that are the main contributor to resets however https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets details all the various contributors in the power train

#8894 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

it's laser cut and powder coated metal, under it i put a translucent plastic sheet with colours, the illumination has to be put directly on the playfield

...is it plastic in the meantime?
I got a version with, i would descripe it as foil, and it sags a bit.
So do you have an upgrade for it?

#8895 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

...is it plastic in the meantime?
I got a version with, i would descripe it as foil, and it sags a bit.
So do you have an upgrade for it?

curious about this!
Also, another mod. I had mentioned it a few posts ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62016

#8896 2 years ago

Airball protectors are back in stock.
Check your PM. I have few spares.

20210827_161722 (resized).jpg20210827_161722 (resized).jpg20210827_161752 (resized).jpg20210827_161752 (resized).jpg
#8897 2 years ago

I swear Davi and I an not competing or colluding and I am no longer into pinball so I don't check here often. I also just had 25 of my airball mods made. I probably wouldn't have if I knew Davi was. Mine are clear. His look much better than mine. Mine are just clear laser cut plastic. I'll give props when they are due. By the time I receive mine (in production now) his may be sold out. Prices on everything went so mine will be $30 a set shipped.

What are the odds we both made ours at same time? Davi, honestly, I would have waited if I known you made yours. I hope yours sell out.

#8898 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I swear Davi and I an not competing or colluding and I am no longer into pinball so I don't check here often. I also just had 25 of my airball mods made. I probably wouldn't have if I knew Davi was. Mine are clear. His look much better than mine. Mine are just clear laser cut plastic. I'll give props when they are due. By the time I receive mine (in production now) his may be sold out. Prices on everything went so mine will be $30 a set shipped.
What are the odds we both made ours at same time? Davi, honestly, I would have waited if I known you made yours. I hope yours sell out.

No worries.
If someone would not like to change the original plastic, your version is a good choice.

#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, with the way USPS has been going, one would probably have a better chance of getting Davi's from Budapest before yours from San Diego. Even if you live in LA.

I think your post was a class act, btw...

#8900 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, with the way USPS has been going, one would probably have a better chance of getting Davi's from Budapest before yours from San Diego. Even if you live in LA.
I think your post was a class act, btw...

I bought 2 sets each from both parties.

They are both excellent quality and work well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.