20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 232.
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

looks like out of stock but if someone else spots it in stock elsewhere please let us know. thanks

Yea would like one of them also

#8452 2 years ago

Hello IJ owners. Just bought a PinSound board for my IJ. Went out to PinSound and wanted to down load Endprodukt zip file, but can't seem to find it. How do I get this sound file?

Oops, need to login first to PinSound.

#8453 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yea would like one of them also

Hey Will, looks like Marco Specialties has them.

#8454 2 years ago

Does anyone have plans to make replicas of a Williams cabinet?

I have access to a a really good cabinet maker with a CNC machine and would like to make replicas, and by this I mean and exact replica of a Williams cabinet.

Please if you could steer me in the right direction as I can see this forum has had very talented people showcasing their restorations, I thought it would be worthwhile to ask.

Once I get the plans, I would like to share this with the person who would be making these - I am contemplating making 3 or 4 at the same time, once I have an estimated cost and that is doable/cost effective.

If there are no plans available then the only option would be to make a copy by taking measurements of everything, which should not be difficult but it could add inaccuracies, specially for the pivot-slide mechanism of the playfield

Thanks in advance.

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Does anyone have plans to make replicas of a Williams cabinet?
I have access to a a really good cabinet maker with a CNC machine and would like to make replicas, and by this I mean and exact replica of a Williams cabinet.
Please if you could steer me in the right direction as I can see this forum has had very talented people showcasing their restorations, I thought it would be worthwhile to ask.
Once I get the plans, I would like to share this with the person who would be making these - I am contemplating making 3 or 4 at the same time, once I have an estimated cost and that is doable/cost effective.
If there are no plans available then the only option would be to make a copy by taking measurements of everything, which should not be difficult but it could add inaccuracies, specially for the pivot-slide mechanism of the playfield
Thanks in advance.

There are several sources around the internet. Depending upon what you want to do... Widebody vs. Standard... When I restored my machine I took some measurements.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RLICVda2LpasJScRCjdIRqrqWC1z8ybZ/view?usp=sharing

#8456 2 years ago

I am starting my IJPA restore and my POA playfield has some minor planking and was wondering if anyone sells a remake of this playfield for purchase ?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

#8457 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There are several sources around the internet. Depending upon what you want to do... Widebody vs. Standard... When I restored my machine I took some measurements.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RLICVda2LpasJScRCjdIRqrqWC1z8ybZ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you this is really helpful. There are some parts that confuse me a bit but I think I understand most of it.
How did you measure the locations for the pivot/slide bracket for the PF?

#8458 2 years ago

Thank you this is really helpful. There are some parts that confuse me a bit but I think I understand most of it.

Those numbers I didn’t record

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Those numbers I didn’t record

hehe, it happens.

I am wondering if these should be installed before or after the cab is assembled...

#8460 2 years ago

hehe, it happens.
I am wondering if these should be installed before or after the cab is assembled...

From what I understand, most cabinet makers do not drill them. It is usually something that is done as a second operation prior to populating the cabinet. Simply because there are some variations in slide and pivot assemblies.

#8461 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

From what I understand, most cabinet makers do not drill them. It is usually something that is done as a second operation prior to populating the cabinet. Simply because there are some variations in slide and pivot assemblies.

mmmh, do you know how are these installed? I presume they use a jig of some sort to ensure they are parallel to both sides?

#8462 2 years ago

mmmh, do you know how are these installed? I presume they use a jig of some sort to ensure they are parallel to both sides?

If you are doing it in mass production... a jig would be useful. You'd have to find a method for transposing the location of the cabinet from to the new cabinet. I'm certain there are many different methods to accomplish it, I've just never needed to.

#8463 2 years ago

Use a long drywall square to measure the old cabinet hole locations.

Measure from the front, not the back.

Use forstner bits to drill holes.

Outside first and then the inside when the tip of the bit appears.

Use a drill guide to drill straight holes.

#8464 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Use a long drywall square to measure the old cabinet hole locations.
Measure from the front, not the back.
Use forstner bits to drill holes.
Outside first and then the inside when the tip of the bit appears.
Use a drill guide to drill straight holes.

I have a drywall square and I thought about it, It is probably the best approach.

Why not measuring from the back?

#8465 2 years ago

Recieved my new improved deflector today.Works perfect.Locks the ball in every time and no more SDTM.Best mod ever
Thanks Jim for bringing an IJ owner some peace

#8466 2 years ago

I have a drywall square and I thought about it, It is probably the best approach.
Why not measuring from the back?

The playfield hangers attach to the lockdown bar receiver in the front.

measuring from the front eliminates problems from repro playfield, replacement lockdown receiver and replacement cabinet variations.

Check the repro playfield to see if its the same as the original.

Its best to have the distance from the front 1/16" too short than long.

I always try to be as accurate as possible, just in case.

Dont be long. You wont be able to hook down the playfield once the front hangers are screwed to the apron.

Too short and the playfield simply rides up the cabinet hanger slightly and fits fine.

But again try to be as accurate as possible.

I mark my drywall square with a pencil to get it just right.

Hep always goes a little bit short (1/8') and a little bit low (1/8") for insurance...

I find that a little liberal. Its more like 1/16" short and low, seems perfect.

You can hammer bend the front hangers, or elongate the mounting holes the front hangers to fit in the slots if you have trouble.

Mantis hangers ROCK!

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Recieved my new improved deflector today.Works perfect.Locks the ball in every time and no more SDTM.Best mod ever

Thanks… next week the Antidote floodgates will open again and order fulfillment will resume !!!

#8468 2 years ago

Does anybody know if there are remakes of the PF lamp board, particularly the big one in the centre? I know Marco Specialties has the the small lamp boards (3 lamps) wondering if there is anybody remaking these?
The lamp board part number is #A-16716-2

Thank you

#8469 2 years ago

Does anybody know if there are remakes of the PF lamp board, particularly the big one in the centre? I know Marco Specialties has the the small lamp boards (3 lamps) wondering if there is anybody remaking these?
Thank you

I've not seen anyone remake these and doing a search of all major pinball suppliers around the world (using https://www.pinballsearch.com) doesn't reveal any

#8470 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've not seen anyone remake these and doing a search of all major pinball suppliers around the world (using https://www.pinballsearch.com) doesn't reveal any

There is a WPC scratch build group on FB. I am sure someone has a source for this.
If all else fails, I can create a remake.

#8471 2 years ago

Davi Were you the one that made the wood speaker panels with cutouts for the extra light board? Any plans on doing them again?

#8472 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Davi Were you the one that made the wood speaker panels with cutouts for the extra light board? Any plans on doing them again?

Yes - however packaging/shipping is a deal killer, so no plan for another batch.

#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

There is a WPC scratch build group on FB. I am sure someone has a source for this.
If all else fails, I can create a remake.

Do you have a link for this group? Or the exact name? I can't find it.

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know, sorry.

#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I cannot find the group but I think that Pinsider WallyBgood posted a link to it in Building TAF from scratch group. He is also a member of that group so you might ask him via PM for the link.

#8476 2 years ago

Thank you

I will be doing a run of lamp boards and wire harness' for ij this year.

#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

How sweet is this keep up the great work for all the IJ out there

#8478 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

looking forward to this, if you have a list please add my name to it. I have already contacted you by email a couple of days ago.
thanks!

#8479 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

What changed from the original?

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

What changed from the original?

I was experiencing a lot of SDTM with the old one and that's gone now with the new deflector.

#8481 2 years ago

Yup I’m aware, what was changed on the Antidote? Is there a before & after pic?

#8482 2 years ago

Just got done today installing a IJ back box Jackpot Lighting kit. Was a bit of work to modify the new wood board and height of where the new light board so that I could reinstall my Color DMD. It turned out great!

20210711_151308 (resized).jpg20210711_151308 (resized).jpg20210711_160544 (resized).jpg20210711_160544 (resized).jpg20210712_091657 (resized).jpg20210712_091657 (resized).jpg20210712_152638 (resized).jpg20210712_152638 (resized).jpg20210712_170204 (resized).jpg20210712_170204 (resized).jpg
#8483 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yup I’m aware, what was changed on the Antidote? Is there a before & after pic?

A small amount of the right side guide was cut back to compensate for ejects that favor the right side. This minimizes the ricochet (heheh) off of the right side which would in turn cause another bounce off of the left wall… and send the ball more towards the center.

Photo courtesy of BentleyBear

0DECF063-53B7-4559-A632-AB14ECA3944B (resized).jpeg0DECF063-53B7-4559-A632-AB14ECA3944B (resized).jpeg
#8484 2 years ago

Ah I see. Thanks!

#8485 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

A small amount of the right side guide was cut back to compensate for ejects that favor the right side. This minimizes the ricochet (heheh) off of the right side which would in turn cause another bounce off of the left wall… and send the ball more towards the center.
Photo courtesy of BentleyBear
[quoted image]

Well done on the refinement!

What the measurement of the bottom of the right side guide now?

IJ Antidote (resized).jpgIJ Antidote (resized).jpg
#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Well done on the refinement!
What the measurement of the bottom of the right side guide now?
[quoted image]

9mm

#8487 2 years ago

Has anyone tried these decals:

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/indiana-jones-cabinet-decals.html

I like the idea of having close to original as possible, with that said, Radcals sounds like a good idea, maybe more practical, but has anyone tried those too? I am looking for a honest review of both rather than a biased answer based on what you have....

#8488 2 years ago

Has anyone tried these decals:
I like the idea of having close to original as possible, with that said, Radcals sounds like a good idea, maybe more practical, but has anyone tried those too? I am looking for a honest review of both rather than a biased answer based on what you have....

Go check out HEP thread… he’s done both decal and Radcal. There are also several threads on both methods floating around here. You’ll probably always get some sort of bias because you are dealing with individuals doing individual restorations to their particular tastes.

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Just got done today installing a IJ back box Jackpot Lighting kit. Was a bit of work to modify the new wood board and height of where the new light board so that I could reinstall my Color DMD. It turned out great!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi bud what is the light in between the two right side small lights ,should there be a light there ?

#8490 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Go check out HEP thread… he’s done both decal and Radcal. There are also several threads on both methods floating around here. You’ll probably always get some sort of bias because you are dealing with individuals doing individual restorations to their particular tastes.

Thank you, I am not sure wha you meant with HEP thread... what is that...

#8491 2 years ago

Thank you, I am not sure wha you meant with HEP thread... what is that...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/193#post-6386272

#8492 2 years ago

Hi bud what is the light in between the two right side small lights ,should there be a light there ?

That is a reflection of a pop bumper lamp since the playfield was pulled out when I took the picture and the angle I took the picture at (blow up the picture and you can see the pop bumper). It's not really there.

#8493 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Has anyone tried these decals:

The red is VERY RED there is no gloss layer leaving the decals Matt and the black has ink lines in places.

CFFDF4B0-E2A3-4B94-A96F-6F50D5532FB3 (resized).jpegCFFDF4B0-E2A3-4B94-A96F-6F50D5532FB3 (resized).jpegF161225F-7D55-46F0-B809-29CFD0D2701D (resized).jpegF161225F-7D55-46F0-B809-29CFD0D2701D (resized).jpegBBD94C52-B703-4EF4-962D-15D3D6010472 (resized).jpegBBD94C52-B703-4EF4-962D-15D3D6010472 (resized).jpegA4073635-4A80-4909-875C-BBC081FC4C16 (resized).jpegA4073635-4A80-4909-875C-BBC081FC4C16 (resized).jpeg779DFEBA-E788-4CF9-9EE1-C33C84DEE7B9 (resized).jpeg779DFEBA-E788-4CF9-9EE1-C33C84DEE7B9 (resized).jpeg
#8494 2 years ago

Having some problems with the miniplayfield after installing it back on the playfield.Any tips on what i need to check ?

#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Having some problems with the miniplayfield after installing it back on the playfield.Any tips on what i need to check ?

Is the path as far forward as it can go? Can't tell without a closer look but maybe the path is catching the metal rails in the corner there.

Have you tried while playing yet? Behaves the same way? I have had problems where the path tests flawlessly but stutters in-game and it's always been related to the flipper button opto getting dirty. Don't think that would be your problem though since it looks like you're pushing the coin door buttons.

#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

- Make certain the set screw is tight
- Make certain the opto interrupter is centered in within the optics
- Clean the optics

#8497 2 years ago

Ricochet is right - I see the display showing intermittent optics. Make sure it’s clean and/or replace them

See this thread, seems to be the same issue you have

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-problem-1

#8498 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

That is a reflection of a pop bumper lamp since the playfield was pulled out when I took the picture and the angle I took the picture at (blow up the picture and you can see the pop bumper). It's not really there.

Ok I thought it was something ,looks great bud nice job ,does the lights goes on when u get a jackpot one at a time or all 3

#8499 2 years ago

Ok I thought it was something ,looks great bud nice job ,does the lights goes on when u get a jackpot one at a time or all 3

The backbox jackpot lights correspond EXACTLY to their counterparts in the center playfield. They illuminate as you collect the individual jackpots during gameplay, they flash to show what you're collecting next during jackpot mode, and they also factor into the attract mode light show.

#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

The red is VERY RED there is no gloss layer leaving the decals Matt and the black has ink lines in places. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks for these,
are you happy with them?
when you say ink lines on the black, I presume this is a defect? are these very noticeable?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.95
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.00
25,000 (Firm)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
14,000 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/170?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.