IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 235.
#8351 2 years ago

Thanks for your help Dan.
Great customer service as always

#8352 2 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Thanks for your help Dan.
Great customer service as always

My pleasure BentleyBear - great talking with you!

https://PinWoofer.com

#8353 2 years ago

Hey all, I have an annoying issue just cropped up with my IJ: ‘sound board interface error’. Seems like a tricky one from what Ive read up on it. I’ve reseated the ribbon cables and thought I’d solved it with a few long games where it didn’t happen, but it’s back! Particularly seems to happen in when I get in the mode start and I press both flippers at the same time. I have pinsound in there, if it’s of any relevance. Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Also I have an STTNG if useful to swap bits over for diagnosis at all. Thanks.

#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey all, I have an annoying issue just cropped up with my IJ: ‘sound board interface error’. Seems like a tricky one from what Ive read up on it. I’ve reseated the ribbon cables and thought I’d solved it with a few long games where it didn’t happen, but it’s back! Particularly seems to happen in when I get in the mode start and I press both flippers at the same time. I have pinsound in there, if it’s of any relevance. Any help or pointers much appreciated.
Also I have an STTNG if useful to swap bits over for diagnosis at all. Thanks.

This appears to be digital error. If it were me, I'd swap the ribbon cables one by one with STTNG (which I think has the same ribbon cables, both being WPC-DCS), power up and see what happens. (As you go along inspect each header for bent pins as well.) If you think you have found the culprit cable keep in in play for as long necessary to convince yourself you've found it. After that, swap it back to verify the problem re-appears. It may take awhile.

I've gone through this more than once and sometimes there is no substitute for a shiny new set of ribbon cables.

There are probably others who can get into a lot more detail / accuracy, or provide a better sequence for debug but I though I'd chime in.

Good luck!

PinWoofer

#8355 2 years ago

Alright, I have an interesting problem and I couldn't find an answer. I have a couple of theories but wanted to throw this out to the IJ experts (although anyone with familiarity with Bally Williams can probably help.

The Idol Gate, the little orange plastic that holds/releases balls from the idol, intermittently DOESN'T activate. You can tell the coil is TRYING (there are vibrations) but it doesn't pull the metal plunger down. This happens periodically and inconsistently. Here's what we've tried:

1) Cleaning/replacing the coil sleeve and stop to make sure there was no binding.
2) Removing the mech from the playfield entirely to test, it still happens in coil test about the same amount of time.

I suspect one of these things:

1) Possible transistor issue, but my experience with failed transistors is an all or nothing thing, not intermittent.
2) Possible rectifier issue, maybe not getting enough voltage or power through? This seems unlikely.
3) Possible other board issue? Where would I even start.
4) Possible COIL issue. would be a strange problem

Ideas?

-Wes

#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

This appears to be digital error. If it were me, I'd swap the ribbon cables one by one with STTNG (which I think has the same ribbon cables, both being WPC-DCS), power up and see what happens. (As you go along inspect each header for bent pins as well.) If you think you have found the culprit cable keep in in play for as long necessary to convince yourself you've found it. After that, swap it back to verify the problem re-appears. It may take awhile.
I've gone through this more than once and sometimes there is no substitute for a shiny new set of ribbon cables.
There are probably others who can get into a lot more detail / accuracy, or provide a better sequence for debug but I though I'd chime in.
Good luck!
PinWoofer

Thanks Man! Probably wouldn't hurt to get a new set of ribbon cables and cut to the chase (I haven't looked at the cost yet though )
Cheers

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Alright, I have an interesting problem and I couldn't find an answer. I have a couple of theories but wanted to throw this out to the IJ experts (although anyone with familiarity with Bally Williams can probably help.
The Idol Gate, the little orange plastic that holds/releases balls from the idol, intermittently DOESN'T activate. You can tell the coil is TRYING (there are vibrations) but it doesn't pull the metal plunger down. This happens periodically and inconsistently. Here's what we've tried:
1) Cleaning/replacing the coil sleeve and stop to make sure there was no binding.
2) Removing the mech from the playfield entirely to test, it still happens in coil test about the same amount of time.
I suspect one of these things:
1) Possible transistor issue, but my experience with failed transistors is an all or nothing thing, not intermittent.
2) Possible rectifier issue, maybe not getting enough voltage or power through? This seems unlikely.
3) Possible other board issue? Where would I even start.
4) Possible COIL issue. would be a strange problem
Ideas?
-Wes

Doubt that it's the rectifier as I would think you'd see the issue on other coils as well, so I'd be suspecting the transistors. What voltage are you getting at the coil and is it intermittent? To double check your coil is fine (which I expect it is) you could measure the resistance - AE-26-1500 should be 13.8 Ohms

#8358 2 years ago

!!! ANTIDOTE Customers !!!

I’ve been on pause this past week. I’ve a few updated Antidote versions out in the wild to address the SDTM behavior.

Preliminary tests are looking good.

If you already have an Antidote where you are experiencing abnormally high SDTM events… please contact me for a replacement as I will send you one when the new version is ready.

Thanks for all the support !

#8359 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve been on pause this past week. I’ve a few updated Antidote versions out in the wild to address the SDTM behavior.
If you already have an Antidote where you are experiencing abnormally high SDTM events… please contact me for a replacement as I will send you one when the new version is ready.

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to get this into my machine.

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Quoted from Johncare07:

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to get this into my machine.

Same Here. Looking forward to getting it installed.

#8361 2 years ago

I am going to be joining the club very soon. I am having an Indy sent to me from US to Canada and I am very excited.

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
I'm located in Europe, happy owner of an Indy which is however in need of a complete playfield and decal restoration.
For the playfield, I essentially have four options:
- Prep the playfield, and apply a full playfield size overlay
- Prep the playfield, and arrange for a full size playfield print (yes I have access to someone who can do it - but it's brand new territory he only printed this particular playfield on overlays)
- Custom restoration by an expert (2y leadtime...)
- Mirco
Mirco option is dismissed by many on various forums because of multiple issues, art and color deviation for ex, but also clearcoat quality (as exhibited recently with the infamous GnR playfield issues). I've seen a Medieval Madness Mirco playfield which color rendition was miles away from an original.
So I'd like to ask those who went the Mirco route: happy with it ? is art repro consistent with original ? Did you add any additionnal clearcoat ? No issue with clearcoat pooling ? Given that they advertise they use the same clearcoat as JJP, this does not really inspire confidence...
Also looking for cabinet decals. There are multiple options from multiple vendors, including from Mirco, the so called Radcals. I would welcome however a pointer to "original decal" seller, hopefully located in Europe. Also, it seems the radcals require less cabinet preparation, at the expense of alignment and the need to cut holes ? Can you elaborate on that ?
Thanks and regards

Whenever I think of getting a new Pf these are the guys that come to mind before anybody else:
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/playfields

They might not have Indy on the site, but just email them. They might have one or make it for you.

I think they make a good quality PF. There are videos of them hammering the PF with sledgehammers and the inserts do not crack, nor the clear cracks...Actually nothing really fails terribly...

I am not associated in any ways with them, but I think they deserve a click or two if you are looking to get a PF.
I am in Canada and did not hear anything good about CPR nor Mirco (especially Mirco) so if I was going to do all the work required to swap a PF, I would get the best quality possible. Or try to at least.

Just a thought.

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Whenever I think of getting a new Pf these are the guys that come to mind before anybody else:
They might not have Indy on the site, but just email them. They might have one or make it for you.
I think they make a good quality PF. There are videos of them hammering the PF with sledgehammers and the inserts do not crack, nor the clear cracks...Actually nothing really fails terribly...
I am not associated in any ways with them, but I think they deserve a click or two if you are looking to get a PF.
I am in Canada and did not hear anything good about CPR nor Mirco (especially Mirco) so if I was going to do all the work required to swap a PF, I would get the best quality possible. Or try to at least.
Just a thought.

CPR Playfields are very high quality. I’ve purchased a PB and FG with no issues. Reclearing and aftermarket playfield is always recommended though.

#8364 2 years ago

Just a thought.

Yes Buthamburg are essentially the best you can get.

I have one and it's far above the quality of all of the others i have used.

#8365 2 years ago

Agreed I used a buthamburg pf on a terminator restore, gorgeous playfield solid clear coat and superb customer service. They are top notch

#8366 2 years ago

Anyone know if the airball protectors are being made by anyone? Thanks

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Anyone know if the airball protectors are being made by anyone? Thanks

Davi and Djshakes have previously made airball protectors for the single drop target and the 3 drop target, however Davi recently posted that he doesn't have any left. The other thing is maybe post a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace, you never know someone maybe holding a spare set.

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Davi and Djshakes have previously made airball protectors for the single drop target and the 3 drop target, however Davi recently posted that he doesn't have any left. The other thing is maybe post a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace, you never know someone maybe holding a spare set.

thanks!!

#8369 2 years ago

I am going to be joining the club very soon. I am having an Indy sent to me from US to Canada and I am very excited.

Welcome too the club

#8370 2 years ago

If your on the fence, the deluxe topper is killer from Elite.

20210629_155834 (resized).jpg20210629_155834 (resized).jpg20210629_181857 (resized).jpg20210629_181857 (resized).jpg20210629_182254 (resized).jpg20210629_182254 (resized).jpg
#8371 2 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of there transformer in IJ the big plug that goes too the power box ,someone cut the wires and join them together so just want too see if it's right or not .

Thanks for the help

#8372 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone have a pic of there transformer in IJ the big plug that goes too the power box ,someone cut the wires and join them together so just want too see if it's right or not .
Thanks for the help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/164#post-6310996

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would buy one if I had the ceiling height. Love it.

#8374 2 years ago

Thanks I know that one ,I think this machine was a 240v and changed over too 120v looking for the plug or wires too do this

#8375 2 years ago

Thanks I know that one ,I think this machine was a 240v and changed over too 120v looking for the plug or wires too do this

If you need to know the exact pin outs … look up in WPC schematic manual.

https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Misc/Williams%20WPC%20Schematic%20manual.pdf

A25DD54F-3E87-4BC0-90AB-34D3AE0994C7 (resized).jpegA25DD54F-3E87-4BC0-90AB-34D3AE0994C7 (resized).jpeg
#8376 2 years ago

wow, this is inspirational... I am going to be tackling a restoration job this winter I think and aspire to get this kind of result, I hope I can get close!!

#8377 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Heads up... I've decided I'm going to be making the Antidote in batches of 50 ... just so I can keep my sanity. I was going to do them all at once ... but I think its better to roll them out in an orderly fashion. First batch is on order.
I'm going to go down my list of interested pinsiders and contact you individually to see if you are still interested. A few have been kind enough to let me know that they no longer need or are interested in the product. If you do know you are no longer interested please let me know... it would be helpful. Also when I reach out... If I don't hear back from you within a couple of days I may need move your name to the next batch.
Rest assured I will continue to make them as long as there is demand... either way you won't be missing out on it if you want one.
Thanks for the interest!
Jim

I will be getting my Indy in about 10 days and was wondering if you are still selling these? thanks

#8378 2 years ago

I will be getting my Indy in about 10 days and was wondering if you are still selling these? thanks

Yes sir !

#8380 2 years ago

wonderful, how do I get one?

I’m burning through a backlog… I’ll put you on the list.

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! Have one on order as well! Can’t wait!

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

If you need to know the exact pin outs … look up in WPC schematic manual.
https://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/PDF%20Pinball%20Misc/Williams%20WPC%20Schematic%20manual.pdf[quoted image]

Thanks so much bud

#8383 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m burning through a backlog… I’ll put you on the list.

Hi bud could u also put me on the list if u can ,thanks

#8384 2 years ago

Hi bud could u also put me on the list if u can ,thanks

Oh no problem… I’ll be busy making these for a while.

#8385 2 years ago

Is anyone still making CNC cut speaker panels with the 3 cutouts in them for the light board? Or were those a one time thing? I'm hesitant to try and cut them out of my original panel.

#8386 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Is anyone still making CNC cut speaker panels with the 3 cutouts in them for the light board? Or were those a one time thing? I'm hesitant to try and cut them out of my original panel.

Check the market. Somebody sells these with the lights commonly

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

If you're feeling ambitious ... use a drill and a set of files... here is a template:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zuiFtOoG6lT2ezOpjWg1migzGicxaQQh/view?usp=sharing

Its actually not that big of a deal, its MDF so it is very easily hand "machined"

#8388 2 years ago

Just a thought.

Thanks, I did contact them. Unfortunately they are not allowed to produce for Indy, so I'm stuck here...

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:Thanks, I did contact them. Unfortunately they are not allowed to produce for Indy, so I'm stuck here...

Oh no. That is too bad. So CPR and Mirco then?

#8390 2 years ago

Oh no. That is too bad. So CPR and Mirco then?

Mirco is the only option for new IJ playfield.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Mirco is the only option for new IJ playfield.

Rmmmh, wonder if these have the same issues GNR has?

#8392 2 years ago

I haven't had major issues with my other mirco repro's. I will grabbing an ij at some point.

#8393 2 years ago

Yes. My Mirco IJ playfield had very bad pooling and paint flaking off. I had to touch it up and reclear with Spraymax 2K. Never buying a Mirco with their current clear coat, it's much too soft and malleable.

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Oh no problem… I’ll be busy making these for a while.

Np at all bud thanks keep up the great work

#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Yes. My Mirco IJ playfield had very bad pooling and paint flaking off. I had to touch it up and reclear with Spraymax 2K. Never buying a Mirco with their current clear coat, it's much too soft and malleable.

Damn. Maybe I’ll be sending mine to HEP to reclear when I get around to installing. That and get rid of the blood thirsty Willie

#8396 2 years ago

Kruzman has done several Mirco IJ playfields. Having one I can tell you they’re fantastic as he corrects the issues.

I have my Kruzman IJ set for sale if anyone is looking.

#8397 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn. Maybe I’ll be sending mine to HEP to reclear when I get around to installing. That and get rid of the blood thirsty Willie

If you've had yours for a while, the extra time to cure might've helped it ... but that's not going to fix Willie. I now want to see a pic of Willie in present form

#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I now want to see a pic of Willie in present form

E1E2E133-3FBA-4DE8-AD7C-AC0B0C959280 (resized).pngE1E2E133-3FBA-4DE8-AD7C-AC0B0C959280 (resized).png
#8400 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

If you're feeling ambitious ... use a drill and a set of files... here is a template:

What scale is the template? Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
14,000 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/168?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.