IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 235.
#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm thrilled that it is outperforming for you. I mean ... never would I claim it to be a 100% effective, it just has to be worth the $$
Yes... I am in the middle of ... oh crap! ... I need to get my rear in gear and get these cranked out. Just dealing with 15 at a time ... packing, labeling etc... is a chore.
... and there are other things in the works

I want it. Whatever it is. Put me on the list. Take all my money.

#8252 2 years ago

FYI ... Lao's Antidote is in full production and shipping... so I am continuing to reach out to each of those whom have asked to be put on the list.

If I don't hear from you within 48 hours I need to bump you to the bottom of the list. Demand is high... and so to be fair to those who are ready, I need to keep moving along.

I'm also going to stop posting this kind of status in this thread... I've already slathered it up over the year with Antidote baloney. Once I get through this list, the product will be offered through the PinUps biz.

If you want to keep track of where you are in the process...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11nD2RZnNf3VHWYTyTVtXyvln9uA4hbOW5QK7jVhbGS8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for everything!!

#8253 2 years ago

Awesome! Are you able to bundle with the narrow escape mod too?

#8254 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Awesome! Are you able to bundle with the narrow escape mod too?

No , I gave that to Cliffy... I get that question frequently. I probably should have held on to it... but I didn't quite have the setup to make them easily when I started this whole venture.

#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

FYI ... Lao's Antidote is in full production and shipping... so I am continuing to reach out to each of those whom have asked to be put on the list.
If I don't hear from you within 48 hours I need to bump you to the bottom of the list. Demand is high... and so to be fair to those who are ready, I need to keep moving along.
I'm also going to stop posting this kind of status in this thread... I've already slathered it up over the year with Antidote baloney. Once I get through this list, the product will be offered through the PinUps biz.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11nD2RZnNf3VHWYTyTVtXyvln9uA4hbOW5QK7jVhbGS8/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks for everything!!

May I be a late addition to the list? Thanks

#8256 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

May I be a late addition to the list? Thanks

No problem

#8257 2 years ago

Well, after 6 months, finally finished my playfield swap on Indy. Previous owner had cabinet restored, so now it's 100% restored. A few minor things to do, but I can finally play it again. Thanks to a lot of help from Ricochet and mbelofsky and PinballT

IMG_3424 (resized).jpegIMG_3424 (resized).jpegIMG_3425 (resized).jpegIMG_3425 (resized).jpeg
#8258 2 years ago

Damn that back glass tho

#8259 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn that back glass tho

CPR ?

I can't tell.

#8260 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Damn that back glass tho

Beautiful game, but I don't know if this is a positive or negative comment...

...perhaps because I haven't been able to decide if I like it or not. It's nice, yes...but I'm not sure I'm ready to sub it in for the traditional look. I've been going back and forth on this for over a year. I'm sure I'll decide to get it as soon as it's out of stock.

#8261 2 years ago

It’s a compliment. Looks great, I bought one but haven’t installed it. Waiting for a full restore rainy day

#8262 2 years ago

Looks amazing!!! I have a cpr on mine as well they look killer! I the game is off waaay better than the translite

#8263 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

CPR ?
I can't tell.

The back glass is the mirrored CPR. The new playfield is Mirco.

#8264 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, after 6 months, finally finished my playfield swap on Indy. Previous owner had cabinet restored, so now it's 100% restored. A few minor things to do, but I can finally play it again. Thanks to a lot of help from Ricochet and mbelofsky and PinballT
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow - simply stunning!!! Well done!

#8265 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Thanks for everything!!

If anyone is sitting on the fence as to whether to purchase Ricochet Lao's Antidote (aka replacement start mode deflector), let me simply state this is a game changer. My IJ had been previously modded with the foam & dead rubber technique which worked well but you could still get occasional rejects from shots (mostly from the right flipper), but in replacing it for the Antidote the change was immediately evident! I've had 3 games on it since the upgrade and got to eternal life twice ... prior to this I think I've got to eternal life 3 times in the 5 years I've owned the game. It's an absolute winner!!

Thanks Ricochet

#8266 2 years ago

I can. It wait to get mine!!! Best mods are ones that aid gameplay and this is the single most important mod for an Indy IMO to improve playability

#8267 2 years ago

Out of the club , great game but its on its way to new owner in California

20210613_155323 (resized).jpg20210613_155323 (resized).jpg20210613_155331 (resized).jpg20210613_155331 (resized).jpg
#8268 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If anyone is sitting on the fence as to whether to purchase Ricochet Lao's Antidote (aka replacement start mode deflector), let me simply state this is a game changer. My IJ had been previously modded with the foam & dead rubber technique which worked well but you could still get occasional rejects from shots (mostly from the right flipper), but in replacing it for the Antidote the change was immediately evident! I've had 3 games on it since the upgrade and got to eternal life twice ... prior to this I think I've got to eternal life 3 times in the 5 years I've owned the game. It's an absolute winner!!
Thanks Ricochet

Just installed mine tonight. Love it!

#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

If I don't hear from you within 48 hours I need to bump you to the bottom of the list.

Oh god, I’m going to have to make sure I log in daily!

#8270 2 years ago

SDTM EXCLUSIVE: Elite Indiana Jones Pinball Topper 24K GOLD!

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

$2199 for a topper... This hobby is crazy now.
Looking for special extra deluxe LE premium executive real gold leg sets for $15,999.

#8272 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

$2199 for a topper... This hobby is crazy now.
Looking for special extra deluxe LE premium executive real gold leg sets for $15,999.

Time to throw away all my games and just put toppers on a shelf....

#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I like how it's Metal - But the design's not quite there though (for me) in terms of authenticity...ask me how I know
I like my Ark more life size - see below! But it doesn't smoke.

IMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpg
#8274 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Did you say fog machine?

#8275 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I like how it's Metal - But the design's not quite there though (for me) in terms of authenticity...ask me how I know

Looks great!

#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Very nice...did u make that yourself? If so well done

#8278 2 years ago

Ordered mine, got the delux, I think it’s great!

#8279 2 years ago

I have a reimport from China IJ that sat 10 years with a partially disassembled playfield. I now have it back together and working. I'm not sure how much tilt the POA should allow. Currently I can completely roll down the right side but only one switch on the left before going into the hole. I can collect the extra ball and the bottom left switch. I have never collected the 2 middle left switches. Should I be able to completely roll down the left side?

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Very nice...did u make that yourself? If so well done

I did indeed, thank you.
Development thread and latest updates (plus future plans) are here if you’re interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-topper-1

#8281 2 years ago

OTR - It sounds like your POA field is not aligned properly. When perfect, you can roll it down the left or right hand side. On mine, there's a bit of timing involved to get it to go to the left or right. It's a matter of trial and error on getting the set screw in the right spot, where the amount of tilt on the left equals the amount of tilt on the right. Also need to verify that the tabs for the optos have not been bent.

#8282 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I have a reimport from China IJ that sat 10 years with a partially disassembled playfield. I now have it back together and working. I'm not sure how much tilt the POA should allow. Currently I can completely roll down the right side but only one switch on the left before going into the hole. I can collect the extra ball and the bottom left switch. I have never collected the 2 middle left switches. Should I be able to completely roll down the left side?

Yes you should be able to roll down both sides of the POA - setting it up just right can be quite hard on some machines (mine included). Also make sure you main PF is level side-to-side.

#8283 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes you should be able to roll down both sides of the POA - setting it up just right can be quite hard on some machines (mine included). Also make sure you main PF is level side-to-side.

One option I’ve recommended to some folks… in order to get a little more fidelity with adjustment is to “oblong” the holes on the pivot brackets of the POA. This can to be helpful to get the left to right clearances proper. Sometimes (actually quite often) it’s too close to the right ramp. It takes VERY LITTLE side to side adjustment to get it right.

#8284 2 years ago

I installed the Antidote and it's working great but about 1 out of 4 times the ball is kicked from the mode saucer it goes SDTM. Wondering what the best/easiest way to adjust it would be. Bending the kicker arm to one side?

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

I installed the Antidote and it's working great but about 1 out of 4 times the ball is kicked from the mode saucer it goes SDTM. Wondering what the best/easiest way to adjust it would be. Bending the kicker arm to one side?

I’ve had another with this issue. Let me look at my machine … to see what can be done easily :.. unfortunately this never happens with me. I wish that it had so that I would have a good procedure for this. My kicker just happens to be aligned correctly.

#8286 2 years ago

I have no play in my kicker arm…

Here is how it sits …

1EB97409-D5E7-4789-8C17-C10D4C185C68 (resized).jpeg1EB97409-D5E7-4789-8C17-C10D4C185C68 (resized).jpegCC4CABBA-2531-466D-A308-6D7A6362B28E (resized).jpegCC4CABBA-2531-466D-A308-6D7A6362B28E (resized).jpeg
#8287 2 years ago

I would not bend it if you don't have to.. loosen the wood screws under the playfield that hold the pivot bracket, and turn it slightly counter clockwise. There may be enough play in holes to get the adjustment you need.

You can also loosen the screws on the saucer plastic and give it a twist.

#8288 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

You want to adjust the kicker from the underside of the playfield by loosening the screws and pivoting that kicker arm slightly, probably only a millimeter of adjustment is enough.

#8289 2 years ago

It's hitting the left side of the Antidote when it kicks out which is making it unpredictable. Sometimes it will hit the left flipper, sometimes the right, or SDTM. I'll have more time to mess with it tomorrow and should be able to figure it out.

#8290 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

It's hitting the left side of the Antidote when it kicks out which is making it unpredictable. Sometimes it will hit the left flipper, sometimes the right, or SDTM. I'll have more time to mess with it tomorrow and should be able to figure it out.

I think turning the pivot bracket will do the trick. Please keep me in the loop. I want to make sure there is a proper answer for this behavior for those who may run into it.

Thanks
Jim

#8291 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

After trying to pivot the kickout mech and it doesnt give the perfect result. Or its not enough action:

Bend the tang that comes out of the slot slightly until you get the perfect kickout.

Don't twist the hook part of it. That doesn't work. (Although you would think that it would).

Bend it from verticle (tip it?) left or right, a little at a time, keeping it straight with the slot.

Right sends the ball left, left sends the ball right. It basically hits the ball off center. Like kicking a football.

Its a matter of where the kicker hits the ball.

A little is a lot etc.

No tools are actually needed.

You will find that you can get the ball to go wherever you want.

Bend it too much and it will snag in the slot, this is easily fixed though if it happens, just bend it back.

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Nice!
While it’s impossible to guarantee 100% stick rate ... it has to feel like an improvement and worth your $$

Please add me to the list

#8293 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Please add me to the list

Done

#8294 2 years ago

I spent another hour on it tonight. No matter how much I adjust the kicker and coil bracket, or bend the end of the kicker, it still kicks out into the antidote's right side, then bounces across and hits the left side and often goes SDTM. I don't see a way to make it kick out without hitting it. I tried bending the end of the kicker arm to both sides and it doesn't make a difference.

#8296 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

I spent another hour on it tonight, no matter how much I adjust the kicker and coil bracket, or bend the end of the kicker, it still kicks out into the antidote's right side, then bounces across and hits the left side and often goes SDTM. I don't see a way to make it kick out without hitting it. I tried bending the end of the kicker arm to both sides and it doesn't make a difference.

I’ll refund you and give you shipping to send it back to me. I would like to see it.

#8297 2 years ago

Antidote customers... if you have a SDTM behavior that cannot be corrected with adjustment of your kicker... please let me know, don't live with it. I don't expect you to have to bend the living sh!t out of your kicker arm to get it to work.

Thanks
Jim

#8298 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

I spent another hour on it tonight. No matter how much I adjust the kicker and coil bracket, or bend the end of the kicker, it still kicks out into the antidote's right side, then bounces across and hits the left side and often goes SDTM. I don't see a way to make it kick out without hitting it. I tried bending the end of the kicker arm to both sides and it doesn't make a difference.

Does it do this with the original parts re-installed?

Can ypu post a vid of this behavior?

Most i think are not doing this.

It's an interesting problem.

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Antidote customers... if you have a SDTM behavior that cannot be corrected with adjustment of your kicker... please let me know, don't live with it. I don't expect you to have to bend the living sh!t out of your kicker arm to get it to work.
Thanks
Jim

I’ve always had to bend the kicker arm anytime I mess with the assembly. It’s not a bug deal. Mine works perfect dropping it center left flipper.

#8300 2 years ago

Majority don't have this issue... It may be related to a specific bend out of tolerance... I want to rule that out. Understanding that this is a common "adjustment" that people make to this assembly, I need to make certain the Antidote doesn't amplify the issue... so I can sleep at night ... and people are satisfied with their experience

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/166?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.