20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 232.
#8151 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I love the clank sound and then the THUNK !
Its awesome.
After you put the glass on it quiets down and you cant really hear the clanks as much.
But the THUNK is very satisfying.

So is it the Clankadote or the Thunkadote?

#8152 2 years ago

So I sold my Indy largely because we had a really nice example on location locally and I needed the money, but the game got pulled off of location and man do I miss playing this game. It was a blast to cut my teeth on and I got a pretty tasty deal when I joined the club, and while I don't regret having more money in the bank, I do miss it.

Just visiting this thread makes me get all achey!

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

So I sold my Indy largely because we had a really nice example on location locally and I needed the money, but the game got pulled off of location and man do I miss playing this game. It was a blast to cut my teeth on and I got a pretty tasty deal when I joined the club, and while I don't regret having more money in the bank, I do miss it.
Just visiting this thread makes me get all achey!

You'll be back

#8154 2 years ago

Yeah I’m in several threads. It seems like 90s pins thread are happier times. Current threads of new pins with bad playfields not even a year old is just complete sadness. This is one of the greatest pins ever made. And the facts it’s lasted almost 30 years with the original parts & playfields says everything. I come back here to find a much happier experience. Probably why my IJ is located in my living room

#8155 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I’m in several threads. It seems like 90s pins thread are happier times. Current threads of new pins with bad playfields not even a year old is just complete sadness. This is one of the greatest pins ever made. And the facts it’s lasted almost 30 years with the original parts & playfields says everything. I come back here to find a much happier experience. Probably why my IJ is located in my living room

This hobby is so saturated right now... demand is super high. People are throwing big cash around like it’s pocket change. It’s probably the only hobby where people buy stuff sight unseen. As long as this continues ... manufacturers are only so motivated to change their behavior. We are due for a correction, I hope it happens.

I’m sticking with the old crap ... because it’s still fun. I’m pretty much priced out of the hobby at this point anyway... so I’m gonna stick with making mods and improvements.

Keepin it fun is what it’s all about ... and Indy has gobs of fun !!!!

#8156 2 years ago

I just received my Antidote and while I'm still waiting for a package from Cliff before I'm going to install it, I'm impressed by the design and the manufacturing quality. Thumbs up!

#8157 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This hobby is so saturated right now... demand is super high. People are throwing big cash around like it’s pocket change. It’s probably the only hobby where people buy stuff sight unseen. As long as this continues ... manufacturers are only so motivated to change their behavior. We are due for a correction, I hope it happens.
I’m sticking with the old crap ... because it’s still fun. I’m pretty much priced out of the hobby at this point anyway... so I’m gonna stick with making mods and improvements.
Keepin it fun is what it’s all about ... and Indy has gobs of fun !!!!

Yes Indy is one of all time best games out there keep the fun going

#8158 2 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of there power box just inside of the coin door on the right ,I think my is not the right one for there .

Thanks

#8159 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone have a pic of there power box just inside of the coin door on the right ,I think my is not the right one for there .
Thanks

Some pics here ...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YqD2j2eZacimqy3g9

#8160 2 years ago

And here.

20210530_203243 (resized).jpg20210530_203243 (resized).jpg
#8161 2 years ago

Looking for game specific IJ parts, ball guides, habitrails, etc. Paying cash or trading brand new williams drivers, mpus, fliptronics, or DMD boards.

#8163 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

And here.[quoted image]

Thanks bud some are not the same where your from

Thanks again for the help

#8164 2 years ago

Here is the original status. I bit dirty

Screenshot_20210530-213018_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210530-213018_Gallery (resized).jpg
#8165 2 years ago

Thanks bud that's really helps

Here are the finished pics ...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PKPTgfgCzVQE7CAc8

#8166 2 years ago

Hello everybody! I’m looking for an original Williams coin box for my Indy. I realize I have gathered all of the original paperwork and extra plastics so I wanted to complete it with the coin box. Thanks!

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello everybody! I’m looking for an original Williams coin box for my Indy. I realize I have gathered all of the original paperwork and extra plastics so I wanted to complete it with the coin box. Thanks!

Were the original coin boxes metal or plastic ? I just bought a replacement from pinballlife... not sure how faithful it is to the original box.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Were the original coin boxes metal or plastic ? I just bought a replacement from pinballlife... not sure how faithful it is to the original box.

Ha, I have no clue. It's your fault I'm even looking...I was perusing your restoration photos and saw all the paperwork neatly in the baggies with the cardboard standee and stuff (which I have), and it made me think what else am I missing and the coin box came to mind.

#8169 2 years ago

Thanks again bud ,you really have done a very great job on your Indy for sure

#8170 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ha, I have no clue. It's your fault I'm even looking...I was perusing your restoration photos and saw all the paperwork neatly in the baggies with the cardboard standee and stuff (which I have), and it made me think what else am I missing and the coin box came to mind.

Yes any box will do I got my from pinball life also

#8171 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ha! That extra stuff was the very first stuff I acquired... before I even got into the resto. I wasn’t too hung up on an original coin box because I figured a new one was better than nothing or some mangy original. But if I had a nice original I would have kept it.

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Ha! That extra stuff was the very first stuff I acquired... before I even got into the resto. I wasn’t too hung up on an original coin box because I figured a new one was better than nothing or some mangy original. But if I had a nice original I would have kept it.

Yeah I saw the tray...but shouldn't there be a top piece too?

#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Yeah I saw the tray...but shouldn't there be a top piece too?

Yup the lid is also available

https://www.pinballlife.com/cash-box-cover.html

#8174 2 years ago

Depending upon what you are comparing, the power box itself and mounting is the same for all IJ's regardless of whether it was for the domestic or international market. Though there are 3 potential differences in the setup - the fuse (110V uses an 8A and 200-240V uses a 5A), the service port (most exported machine didn't have it wired in and just had the filler plug in the hole) and the 9pin connector (has different jumper connections in the connector depending upon the country's input voltage).

#8175 2 years ago

Another patient checking in. My IJ has taken the antidote and it is cured!!!! Almost 30 years of start mode frustration and the fix has finally arrived. 100% stick rate, puts a smile on my face every time. Pin-Ups should win mod of the year with this, it's not even a debate. Ricochet, the IJ community thanks you!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8176 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Another patient checking in. My IJ has taken the antidote and it is cured!!!! Almost 30 years of start mode frustration and the fix has finally arrived. 100% stick rate, puts a smile on my face every time. This should be mod of the year, it's not even a debate. Ricochet, the IJ community thanks you!!

@Ricochet, the true antidote, curing pinball one game at a time.

Actually Making Pinball great again.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Machines-Great-Again-T-Shirt/dp/B082YRLYH8

#8177 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I'm PRETTY sure my coin box is original. Mostly sure. Mine was 99% original parts when I acquired it.

It's standard plastic, metal lid. Looks a lot like @ricochet's, but dingier. Banged up. Only two coin slots.

20210530_185714.jpg20210530_185714.jpg
#8178 2 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I'm PRETTY sure my coin box is original. Mostly sure. Mine was 99% original parts when I acquired it.
It's standard plastic, metal lid. Looks a lot like Ricochet's, but dingier. Banged up. Only two coin slots.[quoted image]

That does indeed look like a coin controls coin box.

For an original coin controls door.

I have a couple of the original doors.

I didn't realize how rare coin controls doors have become.

All of the recent restorations have Suzo/Happ doors.

Happ still has parts to rebuild the coin controls doors.

#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Depending upon what you are comparing, the power box itself and mounting is the same for all IJ's regardless of whether it was for the domestic or international market. Though there are 3 potential differences in the setup - the fuse (110V uses an 8A and 200-240V uses a 5A), the service port (most exported machine didn't have it wired in and just had the filler plug in the hole) and the 9pin connector (has different jumper connections in the connector depending upon the country's input voltage).

Yes your so right bud thanks so much

#8180 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I will begin shipping Lao's Antidote this week... I will reach out to each of you in turn on my list.
Thank you!

Where do we purchase these?

#8181 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Where do we purchase these?

I’m keeping a list ... building them in batches and contacting folks when they are ready to ship.

#8182 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m keeping a list ... building them in batches and contacting folks when they are ready to ship.

I would love one. Pleas put me on the list. Thank you.

#8183 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

First chunk of Antidotes have been shipped.
I will update my spreadsheet as I get through the inventory. This makes it easy for all of us as it allows folks to see where they are in real time.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11nD2RZnNf3VHWYTyTVtXyvln9uA4hbOW5QK7jVhbGS8/edit?usp=sharing
I hope to get some more feedback from this first set of customers. I would like to know that you think of the performance, packaging and documentation.
I will be out of commission for a week... then back on processing orders. I anticipate larger chunks of orders to be fulfilled going forward. Demand is pretty high and the first few out of the process were a bit clunky to get from raw material to out the door. I’ve made some changes to help me streamline the build and shipping.
Thanks for all the support !

I installed it today, had a quick test game of 15 shots from the right flipper, 2 from the left flipper . . . . . . 100% success!
Fantastic work, mod of the century! Thank you, thank you , thank you

#8184 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Looking forward to getting one of these! My game is partially disassembled now. Parts are out for powdercoating. Have a big batch of new stuff to put in and make it nice.

#8185 2 years ago

Installed Lao's Antidote yesterday and as confirmed by prior posts, it is a must for the mode hole. This is a game changer, so don't hesitate to get this fix on your IJ...

#8186 2 years ago

My mode shot works 90% of the time or more and I am looking forward to the antidote. Glad to hear that people are having so much success with the antidote.

#8187 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Add me to the list please!

#8188 2 years ago

Congrats Ricochet on a fantastic product. As you know, I've done well with using the foam-lined mode hole fix. But this sounds to be so well designed and fabricated I might just have to get in on one. You know...to keep as a spare.

Thanks for making a great game even better...it's people like you that make this hobby a joy to be a part of.

#8189 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Congrats Ricochet on a fantastic product. As you know, I've done well with using the foam-lined mode hole fix. But this sounds to be so well designed and fabricated I might just have to get in on one. You know...to keep as a spare.
Thanks for making a great game even better...it's people like you that make this hobby a joy to be a part of.

Foam doesn’t provide that lovely sound and feel, must scrap that foam and take the antidote!

#8190 2 years ago

Next fix......Any remedies for preventing the ball from going SDTM from mode scoop once a mode begins?

#8191 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Next fix......Any remedies for preventing the ball from going SDTM from mode scoop once a mode begins?

Haven’t had this issue since antidote installed.

#8192 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Plus its a 12 min install and no modifications at all.

Its a genius solution.

#8193 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Have you tried adjusting the scoop kickout? Mine has a small amount of variation but it either lands on the left sling or flipper

#8194 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried adjusting the scoop kickout? Mine has a small amount of variation but it either lands on the left sling or flipper

Thanks, yes I’m starting to try adjustments with that. I’ll find the right set up. The ball currently lands anywhere between the end of left flipper to the end of right flipper

#8195 2 years ago

Plus its a 12 min install and no modifications at all.
Its a genius solution.

My only worry is getting that POA dialed in right when you put it back in. It was a bitch the last time I did it.

Put me on the list, Ricochet!

#8196 2 years ago

Yeah it’s the

Quoted from tilt-master:

Thanks, yes I’m starting to try adjustments with that. I’ll find the right set up. The ball currently lands anywhere between the end of left flipper to the end of right flipper

Yeah tweak the eject arm. I did it until the ball 100% lands center left flipper

#8197 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The ball currently lands anywhere between the end of left flipper to the end of right flipper

LOL - yep not a lot of fun when that's where the ball ends up going

#8198 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah it’s the

Yeah tweak the eject arm. I did it until the ball 100% lands center left flipper

Yep, bending the eject arm is incredibly effective.

#8199 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My only worry is getting that POA dialed in right when you put it back in.

It shouldnt be a huge problem.

Remove the single nut to remove the wireform.

Rrmove the plastic under the wireform by removing its 2 nuts.

Remove the single screw for the ball channel, lift the front of it to the left without removing it to access the funnel screw and POA front foot screws.

Remove the funnel piece.

Remove the POA 2 screws for the front foot and release the motor set screw.

Lift it off an stuff a balled up towel under it and go to work.

Since you don't really have to remove anything crucial it should go together exactly as it was.

You dont even have to unplug the connector if you don't want to.

Literally a 10 min job if youve done it before for cleaning.

#8200 2 years ago

It shouldnt be a huge problem.
Remove the single nut to remove the wireform.
Rrmove the plastic under the wireform by removing its 2 nuts.
Remove the single screw for the ball channel, lift the front of it to the left without removing it to access the funnel screw and POA front foot screws.
Remove the funnel piece.
Remove the POA 2 screws for the front foot and release the motor set screw.
Lift it off an stuff a balled up towel under it and go to work.
Since you don't really have to remove anything crucial it should go together exactly as it was.
You dont even have to unplug the connector if you don't want to.
Literally a 10 min job if youve done it before for cleaning.

Thanks so much for all that. I've removed the POA playfield before, but the big concern for me is getting it tweaked just right so you can get the ball to drop into either side when the lock releases. You need to have that just right or it doesn't work properly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/164?hl=plovis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.