IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 234.
#7951 2 years ago

This certainly looks to be a game changer. I'd say the mode hole is the only weak part in an incredible game. Looking forward to the antidote!

#7952 2 years ago

When do we get the antidote?

I haven’t been playing mine much lately due to only sticking the shot maybe 3 out of 10 hits. Pisses me off, always when a good game going it mode hole let’s me down!

#7953 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When do we get the antidote?
I haven’t been playing mine much lately due to only sticking the shot maybe 3 out of 10 hits. Pisses me off, always when a good game going it mode hole let’s me down!

I’ve one anomaly that I new I had going into testing. I wanted to determine if it would happen in the wild.

It does...but... it is NOT a deal breaker. This is the design that I am going with. I’ve a small adjustment I want to get tested to see if I can fix that one issue.

They will be available very soon !!!

#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve one anomaly that I new I had going into testing. I wanted to determine if it would happen in the wild.
It does...but... it is NOT a deal breaker. This is the design that I am going with. I’ve a small adjustment I want to get tested to see if I can fix that one issue.

Awesome, great news!

#7955 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Very interested. My IJ just moved out to the garage to undergo some work. I will be shopping it out, doing radcals, getting metal powdercoated, etc. I would love to add the mode hole fix too.

#7956 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:When do we get the antidote?

I've ,also, not been playing mine much because of that mode hole irritation and I have at least one bulb burnt out in my path
of adventure that I am waiting to replace when the mode hole "fix" is available. hope it's coming soon!
I'll gladly be a beta tester lol

#7957 2 years ago

Ricochet... I'm in for 2 when they're available.

Thanks
Kerry

#7958 2 years ago

New to the club, just purchased an IJ from Pinsider Cheeks. It's been about 16 years ago since I had one. Did a trade back then with my IJ and a T2 for a Monster Bash. Had less-than $2000 in both machines and the value of a MB was about $4500, so at that time it was a good trade for me. IJ at that time was going for about $2500 and always thought I could pick another one up, but waited too long as we all know prices on popular titles such as IJ has increased alot. Anyhow happy to be back and enjoying this title again.

pickure1 (resized).jpgpickure1 (resized).jpg
#7959 2 years ago

Ricochet... Please add me to your list as I would also like one when they're available.

Thanks
Mike

#7960 2 years ago

Damn, I just missed my GC by one million and tilted on two stuck balls trying to get them free. I guess that's pinball.

Ricochet, I believe I'm already on the list for one antidote. If not, could you please put me on it as well?

#7961 2 years ago

@Ricochet, TAKE MY F#CKIN' MONEY NOW ! ! ! !

#7962 2 years ago

Please put me on the list for the mode start fix as well

#7963 2 years ago

Or just take the scoop out and line the back with foam. Mine has worked perfectly for the past 5 years. I'm sure Ricochet will have an awesome replacement, though.

#7964 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ricochet, TAKE MY F#CKIN' MONEY NOW ! ! ! !

You’re funny! I will gladly take your money... real soon!

#7965 2 years ago

Ricochet - I'm in for one too. As a new owner of IJ, this was top of my list to fix, so your timing is perfect!
Thanks for making these.

#7966 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

You’re funny! I will gladly take your money... real soon!

Lol

#7967 2 years ago

Ricochet could you add me to your lovely list too ? I’d be grateful

#7968 2 years ago

So if I was on the first list , do I need to ask again?

#7969 2 years ago

Yeah I think I’m on the list, but reconfirming

#7970 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I think I’m on the list, but reconfirming

Yep

#7971 2 years ago

If there’s a list, I definitely want to be added!

#7972 2 years ago

I turned on my Indy tonight and it said restored factory settings. So I had to go and change my settings the way I had them. Game has played flawlessly up until now. Just wondering what the problem is? Seems I read somewhere about a reset problem?

#7973 2 years ago

Just want to make sure I’m still on the list!

#7974 2 years ago

Heavymetalpoet

Change the batteries. That usually does the trick

Maurizio

#7975 2 years ago

Hey! Hoping someone can help me out. My game started launching new balls randomly. I can’t pinpoint what is triggering it. But I’ll be in the middle of a regular game and all the sudden a new ball will launch. It gets worse with even more balls launching during multi ball. I removed both boards surrounding the through and they look normal. Nothing seems out of place. Anyone have this happen before? Any ideas? Thanks!

#7976 2 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey! Hoping someone can help me out. My game started launching new balls randomly. I can’t pinpoint what is triggering it. But I’ll be in the middle of a regular game and all the sudden a new ball will launch. It gets worse with even more balls launching during multi ball. I removed both boards surrounding the through and they look normal. Nothing seems out of place. Anyone have this happen before? Any ideas? Thanks!

Good chance its the trough boards. Check them in switch test and also you can check the transmitter with your cell phone camera to see if they are lighting up. Bad solder joints can be an issue here as stuff is bouncing around on the playfield, bad solder joints can make connection again and confuse the game.

#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good chance its the trough boards. Check them in switch test and also you can check the transmitter with your cell phone camera to see if they are lighting up. Bad solder joints can be an issue here as stuff is bouncing around on the playfield, bad solder joints can make connection again and confuse the game.

Thanks! So I checked the switch test for the trough board and it says “closed” ....

#7978 2 years ago

Thanks! So I checked the switch test for the trough board and it says “closed” ....

Ok, so there are quite a few in there though. It is good to check them by rolling balls in one by one and checking the switches individually. Also lighting bump your hand around the playfield in switch test mode to see if any trigger that way too.

#7979 2 years ago

Ricochet please put me on the list too! Sounds like a great game fix...

#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or just take the scoop out and line the back with foam. Mine has worked perfectly for the past 5 years. I'm sure Ricochet will have an awesome replacement, though.

Yes that's a great solution!

But the point is, innovation, ingenuity, and hard work are valid things to invest in.

And the concept if just freakin' cool !

I mean, steel inertia trap? Awesome!

There are many applications for this.

Im in !

#7981 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes that's a great solution!
But the point is, innovation, ingenuity, and hard work are valid things to invest in.
And the concept if just freakin' cool !
I mean, steel inertia trap? Awesome!
There are many applications for this.
Im in !

I completely agree. I'm just saying that for me, I've never felt the need to replace the scoop since everything has worked perfectly. Every machine is different, and I'm rooting for Ricochet to put out a kick ass product.

#7982 2 years ago

Yeah I created a hack solution as well, but looking forward to Ricochets regardless as it’s the holy grail

#7983 2 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Heavymetalpoet
Change the batteries. That usually does the trick
Maurizio

Thanks!

#7984 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Ricochet please put me on the list too! Sounds like a great game fix...

I am in for one too pls

#7985 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I am in for one too pls

Ricochet, that fix looks awesome! Please add me to your list for one!

#7986 2 years ago

Ricochet I'm in too. please add me. THANKS!!!!!

#7987 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok, so there are quite a few in there though. It is good to check them by rolling balls in one by one and checking the switches individually. Also lighting bump your hand around the playfield in switch test mode to see if any trigger that way too.

Thanks for your help! Ok so here’s where I am currently. All the trough optos work. I tested them one ball at a time. It launches balls at random. I tried to see if there was any pattern or any switch but can’t seem to figure that out. Also I noticed the GI in the back third of the playfield os flickering . Not sure if that’s related at all? Thanks

#7988 2 years ago

Thanks for your help! Ok so here’s where I am currently. All the trough optos work. I tested them one ball at a time. It launches balls at random. I tried to see if there was any pattern or any switch but can’t seem to figure that out. Also I noticed the GI in the back third of the playfield os flickering . Not sure if that’s related at all? Thanks

Go into switch test mode and shake the machine to see if any switches are being activated - try it with both balls in the trough and all the balls out of the trough. The other thing is to test all the switches one at a time and watch the matrix on the left of the DMD to see if any show multiple switch hits on the matrix.

#7989 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Go into switch test mode and shake the machine to see if any switches are being activated - try it with both balls in the trough and all the balls out of the trough. The other thing is to test all the switches one at a time and watch the matrix on the left of the DMD to see if any show multiple switch hits on the matrix.

Thanks again. After a lot of trial and error I think I figured out the what problem is... In the switch test whenever I hit the left or right flipper in addition the the L/R flipper being activated it also shows "Top Trough" I am guessing that is what's causing the problem? Any ideas how to fix that or what may be causing it? Thanks everyone!

#7990 2 years ago

Thanks again. After a lot of trial and error I think I figured out the what problem is... In the switch test whenever I hit the left or right flipper in addition the the L/R flipper being activated it also shows "Top Trough" I am guessing that is what's causing the problem? Any ideas how to fix that or what may be causing it? Thanks everyone!

Wiring or bad solder joints. If you know how to solder, reflowing may fix it right up b

#7991 2 years ago

I think I solved it. LED 1 on my Trough board does not light up. So I am going to replace it and hope that fixes the issue. Thanks guys!

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.52.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-25 at 4.52.04 PM (resized).png
#7992 2 years ago

I think I solved it. LED 1 on my Trough board does not light up. So I am going to replace it and hope that fixes the issue. Thanks guys!
[quoted image]

But when you tested the trough switches, weren't they all working? Also strange that top trough switch is activated when pressing the flipper buttons as the flipper switches connect to the fliptronics board which is separate to the other switches on the switch matrix. Might need to look at Section 3 of the manual and the schematics ...

#7993 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Seems odd, but we'll see.

#7994 2 years ago

Ricochet Add me to the list too please
Thanks

#7995 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I’m no expert but I will give my uninformed opinion anyway. Your 12v supply to your opto is sagging causing it to act funny. You said you had very pronounced dimming in your GI lights when hitting the flippers?

#7996 2 years ago

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Does anybody know the exact targets/switches/etc that increase the standard bonus? I’m trying to figure out what to concentrate on when I have 8x or Max multipliers. It seems when there is 8x (when Indy cracks the whip) I barely get anything on the 8x which means only certain targets increase the targets. Anybody have an idea? I want to say the Adventure targets increase it, but not really sure

Bonus x is increased by the top lane I-N-D-Y rollovers only as far as I know.

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Nice try Lao Che!!
I have taken the antidote and I’m happy to report that it has cured the disease that is the mode start hole.
Thanks to Ricochet for his countless hours of designing, prototyping, and testing. This is the most complex simple idea ever made for this machine...
This design is pretty incredible, and pure genius. I've only played a few rounds but am shooting with a 90-95%+ stick rate. Had a few hard shots off the right flipper stick easily. Had a "slower" shot kind of get sucked into it and it held in place. The slower shots feel like they are being suctioned in...I like it. The design also allows for a modified eject where the chances of a cheap SDTM drain seem like they have been drastically reduced. Ricochet can field all questions, I'm just a happy tester. It's hard to tell in the pics but the piece of metal that appears to be the deflector is actually not a deflector at all, as it is fluid (can move up and down), to the point where when the ball strikes it, it opens up, and then closes to almost hold the ball in.
This is a winner and should be on every IJ Williams out there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this piece also protect the diode on the bottom of the POA that tends to get crushed often? Thanx!

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Does this piece also protect the diode on the bottom of the POA that tends to get crushed often? Thanx!

It cannot protect that diode. The U shape of the top (much like the plastic) allows the ball to be ejected. For it to protect the diode, it would need to cover that void ... and... the ball wouldn’t eject.

As a side note, it will protect the mode hole plastic ... in fact with this enhancement, the plastic protector for that area isn’t recommended because it adds too much height.

#8000 2 years ago

I’m in for one ricochet thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,500 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/160?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.