IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 234.
#7801 3 years ago

You’ll be back. (BTW, I question that shipping angle/method. Generally I try and do PF level. One good dip and a lot of things can fall down into the head. Hopefully the balls are out)

#7802 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You’ll be back. (BTW, I question that shipping angle/method. Generally I try and do PF level. One good dip and a lot of things can fall down into the head. Hopefully the balls are out)

Once a game leaves my front door, I have absolutely no inclination to tell people how to do things. It's their problem then.

#7803 3 years ago

Most of the games that get shipped around Australia or brought in from overseas are shipped on the end - there's no issues doing it. Also this is how NIB games are shipped, so the machines are designed to handle it.

#7804 3 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

Was the use of the SS (<---not Scared Stiff) screws intentional? It seems like such a little thing Williams would have added but it fits the theme. I can't recall seeing screws like this on other games. I'm assuming it's just a coincidence.
[quoted image]

I thought the same thing! Easter egg or coincidence?

#7805 3 years ago

It’s the mark of the manufacturer, Southern Screw, also known as Southern Fastening Systems. You’ll find them on other games of that time.

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Most of the games that get shipped around Australia or brought in from overseas are shipped on the end - there's no issues doing it. Also this is how NIB games are shipped, so the machines are designed to handle it.

I had a game with several items dumped at that angle. New games are different as there’s nothing stored anywhere in side. If you pickup a game and are confident nothing is inside the cab and everything is tight, go for it. But most machines I’ve run across are used to store parts/etc.

#7807 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

It’s the mark of the manufacturer, Southern Screw, also known as Southern Fastening Systems. You’ll find them on other games of that time.

Interesting. I never really paid attention to them until the other day.

#7808 3 years ago

Hey IJPA owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

IJPA_1_RCP (resized).jpgIJPA_1_RCP (resized).jpg

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For IJPA, they feature the famous golden Fertility Idol from Indy's initial quest in Raiders of the Lost Ark!

IJPA_2_RCP (resized).jpgIJPA_2_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04820-3d-coin-reject-buttons-indiana-jones-pinball-adventure). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover. I've seen a few pics of some IJPA games with a different type of button, so compare to my pictures to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:Hey IJPA owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's one for you:
There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent red which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For IJPA, they feature the famous golden Fertility Idol from Indy's initial quest in Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Do you have a pic of them lit up?

#7810 3 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

Do you have a pic of them lit up?

The second pic there was them lit up. For comparison, here's another shot that will help, showing them off and on, plus with one of the old buttons still installed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

They're not transparent, but rather translucent, with a beautiful red glow.

#7811 3 years ago

thanks. cool item!

#7812 3 years ago

Having an issue that I've ignored since I got this Indy
The connector for the extra ball button has been disconnected which goes to J6 ... when connected the fuse will blow on the main board.
The start button is working as it should , extra ball buy in doesn't. Both buttons the lights in the buttons are not lighting

16129744144927695096686093412036 (resized).jpg16129744144927695096686093412036 (resized).jpg16129744436897658492741554679053 (resized).jpg16129744436897658492741554679053 (resized).jpg
#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The connector for the extra ball button has been disconnected which goes to J6 ... when connected the fuse will blow on the main board.
The start button is working as it should , extra ball buy in doesn't. Both buttons the lights in the buttons are not lighting
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whats going on with that diode on the switch?

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Whats going on with that diode on the switch?

Unknown ?

#7815 3 years ago

Anybody have a second to get a couple of pics of how this should be wired ?

#7816 3 years ago

It’s looks correct including the diode (assuming it’s in the right direction, I can’t tell from your pic)

There’s is a ground brick on mine for Grey/Yellow, not sure if it’s required

5F833443-ABDE-4788-BAB6-D8BAAAAD9913 (resized).jpeg5F833443-ABDE-4788-BAB6-D8BAAAAD9913 (resized).jpeg
#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It looks like the eyelet is either secured to the leg bracket or touching it, that is shorting it to ground. It should just be screwed into the cabinet wall as shown in the picture provided by thechakapakuni

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It looks like the eyelet is either secured to the leg bracket

In fact it is attached to the leg bracket, will change it so its like in the picture provided by thechakapakuni
Will let you know the outcome
Thanks to all for the info ... so far

#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

In fact it is attached to the leg bracket, will change it so its like in the picture provided by thechakapakuni
Will let you know the outcome
Thanks to all for the info ... so far

Yeah if it’s touching the leg bracket it’s probably grounding and causing an issue

#7820 3 years ago

Thanks all , switched the resistor off the leg. Fuse not blowing and extra ball buy in button works as should in switch test.
Thank all for the help
Rob

#7821 3 years ago

Will send you the bill, i accept only beer

#7822 3 years ago

Will send you the bill, i accept only beer

Done!

#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thanks all , switched the resistor off the leg. Fuse not blowing and extra ball buy in button works as should in switch test.
Thank all for the help
Rob

Good Job!

I put my diode into the wire harness and covered it with aquarium tubing and a zip tie a-la-HEP, and continued the wire to where it goes, at the lug.

This way I have a wire with a spade connector on the switch itself for a slightly cleaner installation.

#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This way I have a wire with a spade connector on the switch itself for a slightly cleaner installation

Mine is done the same , but looks like factory tubing, when buying the game noticed it was disconnected but thought that someone didnt want the extra ball buy in to be used.
Again thanks to all for the quick fix. Played a game and tried out the buy in... worked like charm but didn't help my score .

#7825 3 years ago

Mode Scoop "Lao's Antidote" Update

I want to give you all an update regarding Lao's Antidote, presently I am in a re-design phase. I've pounded the heck out of so many different options and have yet to find one where I am :

#1 Confident that paying customers will be 100% satisfied
#2 Is practical to make

Rest assured I am working on this thing weekly (every day in my head and on paper). I feel bad for the drag on the schedule but I have to be certain its right. Early designs that were not 100% proven got me and everyone else excited... my mistake for not holding back until I was 100% satisfied.

I already have a few new folks in the hopper for testing and several whom I worked with early on. When the final design is tested by them... and they are satisfied, it will be made available.

I may be shooting for an unrealistic performance goal, but if I don't... it won't be what should be.

Thanks for your understanding
-Jim

P.S. If all goes well, I still plan on selling several of these for just the cost of shipping when testing is completed. I said that months ago... I still plan on doing that... I still have everyone on a list. You will be contacted at that time to see if you are still interested in the early adopter phase.

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I want to give you all an update regarding Lao's Antidote, presently I am currently in a re-design phase. I've pounded the heck out of so many different options and have yet to find one where I am :
#2 Is practical to make
Rest assured I am working on this thing weekly (every day in my head and on paper). I feel bad for the drag on the schedule but I have to be certain its right.
I already have a few folks in the hopper for testing and a few that I worked with early on. When the final design is tested by everyone... and they are satisfied, it will be made available.
I may be shooting for an unrealistic performance goal, but if I don't... it won't be what should be.
-Jim

I love the goal of perfection, but its simply not possible Looking forward to possibly testing the new design !

#7827 3 years ago

sounds good, take your time, all good things take time.

#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

sounds good, take your time, all good things take time.

^^^^^^^ what he said !

#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I want to give you all an update regarding Lao's Antidote, presently I am in a re-design phase. I've pounded the heck out of so many different options and have yet to find one where I am :
#2 Is practical to make
Rest assured I am working on this thing weekly (every day in my head and on paper). I feel bad for the drag on the schedule but I have to be certain its right. Early designs that were not 100% proven got me and everyone else excited... my mistake for not holding back until I was 100% satisfied.
I already have a few new folks in the hopper for testing and several whom I worked with early on. When the final design is tested by them... and they are satisfied, it will be made available.
-Jim
P.S. If all goes well, I still plan on selling several of these for just the cost of shipping when testing is completed. I said that months ago... I still plan on doing that... I still have everyone on a list. You will be contacted at that time to see if you are still interested in the early adopter phase.

Jim, I would be happy with 90-95% success rate. It's about 6x more success compared to actual.
My IJ is switched off due to that for a long time (months).

#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Jim, I would be happy with 90-95% success rate. It's about 6x more success compared to actual.
My IJ is switched off due to that for a long time (months).

That's pretty much the consensus all the way around on this. I am not really looking for perfection but I've a gripe with one specific shot. If I can't hit that shot the first time... its a no-go.

#7831 3 years ago

I picked up an IJ today from a very nice seller. I have been after one for a while and looking forward to getting into it!

#7832 3 years ago

You what’s interesting... I recently shopped out my IJ and put in a full set of cliffys in the process. I put the carbon fiber ring around the mode start hole and now I have about a 90% success rate. Whereas before I was at about 40-50%.

Just thought I’d share with the group. Still on the wait list for Ricochets fix as I’d love to get to 100% success rate.

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You what’s interesting... I recently shopped out my IJ and put in a full set of cliffys in the process. I put the carbon fiber ring around the mode start hole and now I have about a 90% success rate. Whereas before I was at about 40-50%.
Just thought I’d share with the group. Still on the wait list for Ricochets fix as I’d love to get to 100% success rate.

Yup I’ve discovered this ... this is a real issue. When the ball hits the edge of the protector it hops and hits the top plastic and deflector wonky.

The reason my very first Z-flector worked for me and not others was because I have the carbon fiber protector. There is a slo-mo vid of it a mile back in this thread somewhere... the “hop” is clearly visible.

#7834 3 years ago

Thanks for continuing to work on this. Still "in" when you have it completed to your liking!

Quoted from Ricochet:

#2 Is practical to make
-Jim

#7835 3 years ago

It interesting, my carbon cliffy broke to shreds and I removed it and replaced it with a steel one again. I think if I ever get my new PF installed I’m gonna extra thick clear coat the ring below the lip to prevent wear.

#7836 3 years ago

It interesting, my carbon cliffy broke to shreds and I removed it and replaced it with a steel one again. I think if I ever get my new PF installed I’m gonna extra thick clear coat the ring below the lip to prevent wear.

This is interesting to know. I have the old steel Cliffy in there now. It's banged up, but still does the job. I have the carbon version waiting for a future install, but now I'm rethinking if I should bother.

#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

This is interesting to know. I have the old steel Cliffy in there now. It's banged up, but still does the job. I have the carbon version waiting for a future install, but now I'm rethinking if I should bother.

Over 200 plays with the carbon fiber Cliffy on the mode hole and it looks good as new.

#7838 3 years ago

Sharing a way I repaired my ruins where the screw holes had chipped out.

To fix it, I used a piece of painters tape to create a damn. Next I mixed up some epoxy resin. While the epoxy was setting up, I cut up some carbon fabric to sprinkle in the area where the plastic had chipped out. This created more bite for the epoxy.

Then I used a toothpick to drip the epoxy into the chipped out area.

It set up overnight and formed a solid form where the plastic had chipped out. I let it set up for another 24 hours (epoxy resin does not like the cold temps. Bring it inside.).

A little paint later looks good as new. I drilled a hole through the hardened epoxy and it worked perfectly. I’ll take some pics and post.

#7839 3 years ago

Finished my IJ restoration after 2 months.

Happy with the esthetical result.

Replaced met fliptronic board with one from Pinled Germany. Send mine to somebody who tries to repare it.

When powering on the machine my Fuse108 popped and I have only GI in the backbox at the lowest part.

In test mode flipper opto, EOS, drop target bank and bridge popper do not react.

One month ago GI worked 100% in backbox.

Any advice or help to tackle these issues would be appreciated

DSC_3359 (resized).JPGDSC_3359 (resized).JPGDSC_3360 (resized).JPGDSC_3360 (resized).JPG
#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Replaced met fliptronic board with one from Pinled Germany. Send mine to somebody who tries to repare it.
When powering on the machine my Fuse108 popped and I have only GI in the backbox at the lowest part.
In test mode flipper opto, EOS, drop target bank and bridge popper do not react.

There is a pair of wires that connect the upper back-box GI lamps to the power-driver board. The color of the pair is White-Yellow and Yellow. They connect from the back-box to the power driver board either J120 or J121. You should unplug the connector containing that color pair of wires from your power driver board, replace the fuse and power the unit back up without the connector plugged in. This will tell you if you have a short on that pair or in the wiring of that GI chain on your back box lamp board. This should be very easy to isolate if its indeed a problem with the wiring.

If the fuse doesn't blow....

Pull out all the bulbs from your back box that are not lit (as shown in the pic). Use a meter and check the resistance across the White-Yellow and Yellow pair on the connector housing. You should have 0 ohms. If you don't ... something is shorted.

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Yep, start with j120 and j121.

Look for shorted wire, or something not plugged in right.

#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There is a pair of wires that connect the upper back-box GI lamps to the power-driver board. The color of the pair is White-Yellow and Yellow. They connect from the back-box to the power driver board either J120 or J121. You should unplug the connector containing that color pair of wires from your power driver board, replace the fuse and power the unit back up without the connector plugged in. This will tell you if you have a short on that pair or in the wiring of that GI chain on your back box lamp board. This should be very easy to isolate if its indeed a problem with the wiring.
If the fuse doesn't blow....
Pull out all the bulbs from your back box that are not lit (as shown in the pic). Use a meter and check the resistance across the White-Yellow and Yellow pair on the connector housing. You should have 0 ohms. If you don't ... something is shorted.

Will do that tonight.
Could you give me more info how I test this with a DMM? Where do I place black and red lean on during this test?
Thanks.

#7843 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Will do that tonight.
Could you give me more info how I test this with a DMM? Where do I place black and red lean on during this test?
Thanks.

This is a test you want to do with the power off.

You are looking for a short... so black and red orientation is irrelevant.

Your DMM should be set to Ohms. Unplug the connector from the power driver board, put one lead on the Yellow wire terminal and the other on the White-Yellow wire. With the bulbs (that were off on that GI strand, as shown in the picture) removed it should be zero ohms.

Before you do anything take some time to visually examine the connector and wiring of that section of the back box GI. You may be able to see the problem.

#7844 3 years ago

Working 100%
Thanks for the help.

DSC_3364 (resized).JPGDSC_3364 (resized).JPG
#7845 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get the center white bi-plane bent wire mount? My machine had the biplane mounted on a threaded stalk instead of the spring and that keeps breaking because of airballs. So far, everyone that has that items says out of stock.

#7846 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Anyone know where to get the center white bi-plane bent wire mount? My machine had the biplane mounted on a threaded stalk instead of the spring and that keeps breaking because of airballs. So far, everyone that has that items says out of stock.

Not sure what you mean by the spring however Marco has the wire mount https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7128

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure what you mean by the spring however Marco has the wire mount https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7128

Last time I looked it was out of stock! Ordering now Thanks!

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

You need davi’s air all protectors

#7849 3 years ago

I have a lot of airballs on the 3 bank droptarget directly to left outlane.

How can you achieve a good succes ratio on the narrow escape?
Push the cabinet left or right?

What is the best version to play? I now have version L4, I think.

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

I have a lot of airballs on the 3 bank droptarget directly to left outlane.

Davi makes airball protectors for both the 3 drop and single drop targets - send him a PM to see if he has any stock from his last production run

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/157?hl=johncare07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.