IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 235.
#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah I had a death in the family ... threw me off kilter for a bit.
I’m truly sorry for the delay. I’m expecting some material this week. I’ve a few in the wild and I’m having some consistency issues. I don’t want to let this go until I can be certain it is perfect. My take on it is that I want everyone to be a wowed by it ... I don’t want any questions of it’s efficacy.
Thanks again for the patience.

No problem, sorry for your loss.

Looking forward to the mod!

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No problem, sorry for your loss.
Looking forward to the mod!

Thank you ... things are on the move again. Not to mention I’ve to stop using the USPS ... it’s killing my turn around times.

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Thank you ... things are on the move again. Not to mention I’ve to stop using the USPS ... it’s killing my turn around times.

Yeah USPS has been a joke.

Mailed an item that was going about 60 miles from my house and USPS handled Via Galveston, TX. Beyond ridiculous.

#7704 3 years ago

I got my Indy from Papa about a month ago and have been reading this entire thread from start to finish (on page 89 of 155).

Thinking about doing the pinsound sound upgrade and apparently the best sound file package for indy isn't available anymore?

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I got my Indy from Papa about a month ago and have been reading this entire thread from start to finish (on page 89 of 155).
Thinking about doing the pinsound sound upgrade and apparently the best sound file package for indy isn't available anymore?

Looks like reorchastrated by endprodukt is still available on the website. I think that’s the good one.

#7706 3 years ago

Hey everyone, anyone have a fix for the left ramp where the ball comes speeding down the ramp and pops into the outlane for an instant drain? Looks like there’s a gap at the end of the ramp and I just had 4 balls drain in one game because of this... looks like Cliffy doesn’t have anything for this specific issue. Gets even worse when you combo both ramps and ball gets a ton of momentum.

Game is at 6.5 pitch and is perfectly level left to right. Her are some pics of my current ramp/left outlane. Maybe there’s something missing in my Indy?

2A0DED15-1FB9-4EDA-AAB6-AE86A1DAF95E (resized).jpeg2A0DED15-1FB9-4EDA-AAB6-AE86A1DAF95E (resized).jpeg4720C62B-64FF-4832-8E72-FD1B8EA6035B (resized).jpeg4720C62B-64FF-4832-8E72-FD1B8EA6035B (resized).jpegE4F2718B-4CF3-4338-B1E4-05B70E515C2B (resized).jpegE4F2718B-4CF3-4338-B1E4-05B70E515C2B (resized).jpeg
#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Looks like reorchastrated by endprodukt is still available on the website. I think that’s the good one.

Is there a more recent file that fixes the huge imbalance in sound levels? Some of the voice callouts are very loud, other sound fx are nearly inaudible.

#7708 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Hey everyone, anyone have a fix for the left ramp where the ball comes speeding down the ramp and pops into the outlane for an instant drain? Looks like there’s a gap at the end of the ramp and I just had 4 balls drain in one game because of this... looks like Cliffy doesn’t have anything for this specific issue. Gets even worse when you combo both ramps and ball gets a ton of momentum.
Game is at 6.5 pitch and is perfectly level left to right. Her are some pics of my current ramp/left outlane. Maybe there’s something missing in my Indy? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the ball bouncing over the wire guide b/n the return and outlanes? You could try gently lifting the wire guide

The other thing to try to moving the wireform, loosen the slingshot nut that holds it in position and move the wireform slightly left towards the outlane - this will change the position where the ball drops and the angle it needs to bounce over the wire guide. Sometime a ball will also spin up out of the return lane and into the outlane, moving the wireform can help this issue as well.

If they don't work, take a slo-mo video of it happening - this will give you (and us) a better understanding of what is happening

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Is there a more recent file that fixes the huge imbalance in sound levels? Some of the voice callouts are very loud, other sound fx are nearly inaudible.

Take a look at the files in Pinsound studio and adjust, if its just a few.

Use audacity to solve normalization problems.

I usually have to look at every single file and set them to -3db initially. Then final tweaks over a couple days.

It takes a couple hours but is worth it

#7710 3 years ago

Is there a adjustment for ball trough eject strength? I’d like to turn mine down if possible as I get the occasional high power eject that won’t stay in the lane.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is there a adjustment for ball trough eject strength? I’d like to turn mine down if possible as I get the occasional high power eject that won’t stay in the lane.

No coil adjustments on IJ. Check that you have the correct coil.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Game is at 6.5 pitch and is perfectly level left to right. Her are some pics of my current ramp/left outlane. Maybe there’s something missing in my Indy? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue. The wire guide on playfield between lanes is only held in place by a capped nail from underneath. Push back up and secure.

#7713 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the ball bouncing over the wire guide b/n the return and outlanes? You could try gently lifting the wire guide
The other thing to try to moving the wireform, loosen the slingshot nut that holds it in position and move the wireform slightly left towards the outlane - this will change the position where the ball drops and the angle it needs to bounce over the wire guide. Sometime a ball will also spin up out of the return lane and into the outlane, moving the wireform can help this issue as well.
If they don't work, take a slo-mo video of it happening - this will give you (and us) a better understanding of what is happening

Thanks, I'll check the small wire guide between the lanes to see if I can get that adjusted up first. Then I'll try to adjust the metal ramp.

#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

I had this issue. The wire guide on playfield between lanes is only held in place by a capped nail from underneath. Push back up and secure.

Quoted from Trogdor:

Great, I'll take a look at this tonight when I get home. Sounds like a relatively easy fix!

#7715 3 years ago

Happy to be back in the club. Just traded my Elvira premium for a nice example. It came with pinsound and new speakers and WOW does it sound great. Traded my last one a couple years ago and have regretted it ever since.

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve had this exact problem for the 6 weeks I’ve had my IJ. Usually happens on a clean ramp shot that moves quickly down the ramp and ejects fast it usually bounces off the sling rubber and over or off the wire between the in and out lanes then off the sling rubber and over. Only thing I’ve found to help was to slightly bend the ramp down by the loop on the sling so the ball ejects closer to the playfield. Haven’t had a bounce out in over a week now.

#7717 3 years ago

That’s over my expertise on pinsound knowledge, but I agree there are some sound level imbalances.

#7718 3 years ago

I'm surprised to hear this is an issue. Everybody only gushes over that Indy pinsound package. I've been wanting to get one...and would hate to have to fix files. (And I do this all time for my own custom Simpsons Pinsound Package)

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I'm surprised to hear this is an issue. Everybody only gushes over that Indy pinsound package. I've been wanting to get one...and would hate to have to fix files. (And I do this all time for my own custom Simpsons Pinsound Package)

It’s really great and worth it. Some volume imbalance is not even remotely a dealbreaker.

#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That's interesting - I checked out my machines which vary (not all machines were for Australia when manufactured) however I'm wondering whether it was to do with the machine configuration as the same game was produced with different coin doors and default languages (the WPC89 CPU board used 0 ohm resistors/jumpers on W11-W18 to set the language) - hence needing different hardware BOMs when being manufactured and they used the model number to signify this??
With the WPC-S and WPC-95 boards the default language setting were change to DIP switches, but even then they needed to be set in a particular way. Also they still had all their coin door variants

My Indy is apparently a reiimport from Germany.. (German is the default after reset) can I set English as the default with the dip switches?

#7721 3 years ago

My Indy is apparently a reiimport from Germany.. (German is the default after reset) can I set English as the default with the dip switches?

Yes - based off the IJ manual the WPC89 CPU board by this time had DIP switches (earlier version of the board had 0 ohm jumpers). Either way you can set it "America"
WPC Country DIP Setting (resized).JPGWPC Country DIP Setting (resized).JPG

Pinwiki shows the 2 board versions https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Country_DIP_Switch_.28or_jumper.29_Settings

#7722 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The Endprodukt mix is the one that most people prefer. He did a great job with much of it. After living with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that I really mostly prefer it for the musical soundtrack elements, explosions, gunfire and very few of the re-mixed and almost none of the new call-outs. By re-mixed I mean the stock call-outs that could easily be isolated from the film's audio and provide a higher fidelity of audio. There are a large majority of additional/new call-outs that just don't fit well and a few re-mixed that are not clean enough IMHO. I've spent a great deal of time pulling out call-outs from that mix and have it trimmed down to pretty much the stock call-outs (kept the remixes that were good)... there are a few extra call-outs that I think do fit well...and I've had to fix levels here and there. Its an awesome body of work but it's not perfect and depending upon your personal taste may need to be tweaked. Its all personal preference... PinSound is the vehicle... but the content is purely subjective. PinSound also gives you an option for adding a very customize-able shaker. Personally I don't prefer the built in shaker profile for Indy I think its too active and I am toning it down a bit on my mix... but that's just me, most shaker enthusiasts love it.

Regardless of what you have to tweak for personal preferences and/or fidelity... PinSound is a great upgrade for this machine. especially if you love the game and intend on keeping it for a considerable amount of time.

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

The Endprodukt mix is the one that most people prefer. He did a great job with much of it. After living with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that I really mostly prefer it for the musical soundtrack elements, explosions, gunfire and very few of the re-mixed and almost none of the new call-outs. By re-mixed I mean the stock call-outs that could easily be isolated from the film's audio and provide a higher fidelity of audio. There are a large majority of additional/new call-outs that just don't fit well and a few re-mixed that are not clean enough IMHO. I've spent a great deal of time pulling out call-outs from that mix and have it trimmed down to pretty much the stock call-outs (kept the remixes that were good)... there are a few extra call-outs that I think do fit well...and I've had to fix levels here and there. Its an awesome body of work but it's not perfect and depending upon your personal taste may need to be tweaked. Its all personal preference... PinSound is the vehicle... but the content is purely subjective. PinSound also gives you an option for adding a very customize-able shaker. Personally I don't prefer the built in shaker profile for Indy I think its too active and I am toning it down a bit on my mix... but that's just me, most shaker enthusiasts love it.
Regardless of what you have to tweak for personal preferences and/or fidelity... PinSound is a great upgrade for this machine. especially if you love the game and intend on keeping it for a considerable amount of time.

Have you uploaded your current mix to the community?

I would like to use it.

#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Have you uploaded your current mix to the community?
I would like to use it.

Not yet I will at some point. Still tweaking the shaker

#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Looking forward to it....I've had the same observations u describe above

#7726 3 years ago

I am in the same boat as Ricochet with the sound mix. They are all well done...but a few of the non-original movie callouts I would personally want to take out. I honestly switch between all 4 of the remixes on the community currently, but my favorite one is "Indiana_Jones_MusicCalloutsHD" which is essentially the John Williams OST music with some additional call-outs. My second favorite is the Endprodukt remastered mix.

I had to adjust a few of the settings on each mix...increased the overall volume a click for the music, made a few sound FX's a bit louder since they were too soft for my liking. Not too bad though, these were personal choices that's all.

The shaker settings though...that is the only negative for me. Since editing the shaker effects for 1 particular action is not possible, I am living with the over intensity (and my shaker is set on LOW) on the Right ramp shot and on the pop bumpers...even on low I feel my deck is going to launch into space during those two sequences, so I am excited for Ricochet's custom mix personally.

#7727 3 years ago

I have now read this entire topic. For new joiners here is a quick summary.

I got an IJPA
Mode saucer, mode saucer? MODE SAUCER!!
Mod? Mod. Mod? Mod. Mod? MOD!!
FOAM!!!
Airballs!
TEAM FADE
Help? POA diode. Help? POA diode. help!! Tried x, tried y, tried Z HELP! POA diode. Update it was the POA diode
Gold, gold GOLD!!! GOLD!!!!!!
LCD or LED... pin sound!

#7728 3 years ago

I got an IJPA
FOAM!!!
Airballs!
Help? POA diode. Help? POA diode. help!! Tried x, tried y, tried Z HELP! POA diode. Update it was the POA diode
LCD or LED... pin sound!

Yup, that summary checks out. Stick around long enough, and watch history repeat itself!

#7729 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I am in the same boat as ricochet with the sound mix. They are all well done...but a few of the non-original movie callouts I would personally want to take out. I honestly switch between all 4 of the remixes on the community currently, but my favorite one is "Indiana_Jones_MusicCalloutsHD" which is essentially the John Williams OST music with some additional call-outs. My second favorite is the Endprodukt remastered mix.
I had to adjust a few of the settings on each mix...increased the overall volume a click for the music, made a few sound FX's a bit louder since they were too soft for my liking. Not too bad though, these were personal choices that's all.
The shaker settings though...that is the only negative for me. Since editing the shaker effects for 1 particular action is not possible, I am living with the over intensity (and my shaker is set on LOW) on the Right ramp shot and on the pop bumpers...even on low I feel my deck is going to launch into space during those two sequences, so I am excited for Ricochet's custom mix personally.

I’m not sure if where I installed it makes a difference, but my pinsound shaker comes on with fairly low intensity, so the shaker mix by endprodukt doesn’t bother me, I actually don’t mind it on the pops. Do most of them shake like crazy?

#7730 3 years ago

I got an IJPA
FOAM!!!
Airballs!
LCD or LED... pin sound!

I laughed out loud, this is great! Now that you have read and seen the full cycle, what team are you on for each topic? You need to tell us so we can all judge you for your choices Oh and welcome to the club, I'm LCD display, Pinsound, LED bulbs and foamless...and I am guilty of the POA diode issue on multiple occasions. Nice to meet you and enjoy the magnificence of this great machine.

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’m not sure if where I installed it makes a difference, but my pinsound shaker comes on with fairly low intensity, so the shaker mix by endprodukt doesn’t bother me, I actually don’t mind it on the pops. Do most of them shake like crazy?

My shaker is in the spot directly left of the speaker sub, behind the plank that the ISO sits on. I don't want to speak for Ricochet but I believe his is placed in a different spot. He will have to confirm that though.

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

My shaker is in the spot directly left of the speaker sub, behind the plank that the ISO sits on. I don't want to speak for Ricochet but I believe his is placed in a different spot. He will have to confirm that though.

Same. I wonder why mine is weak? Based off all the complaints I’ve read about it being too strong I guess I’m lucky.

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I laughed out loud, this is great! Now that you have read and seen the full cycle, what team are you on for each topic? You need to tell us so we can all judge you for your choices Oh and welcome to the club, I'm LCD display, Pinsound, LED bulbs and foamless...and I am guilty of the POA diode issue on multiple occasions. Nice to meet you and enjoy the magnificence of this great machine.

Where I stand on the important issues

1) Just put in the colorDMD LCD literally 3 minutes ago
2) Team Fade
3) Full led, no garish colors, soft warm white
4) Mode Saucer - Stock bracket, stock position. 90% stick rate
5) Ordered Davi's airball protectors
6) Stripped/Jammed POA set screw, can't get top left switch
7) Stock sound, going with pinovators bill validator headphone jack (don't want diners disturbed by pin speakers)
8) No playfield mods that don't have a direct impact on gameplay
9) 6.5 degrees
10) Soft blue led in the three hand of fate inserts so I'm not blinded by their omnipotent illumination.

I know that this bullet list is highly controversial and that some pinsiders will find my stance difficult to reconcile with their own tightly held belief system.

But let this post serve as a call to unity among IJPA owners, modder or non modder, incandescent or led, even the heretic back stop removing mode hole foamers. Let us gather hands in unison and bow to the one true deity Bally/Williams and from this day forth I declare the month of August to be sacrosanct. For it was August (in the year of 1993) that the one true deity deigned us worthy.

During the scared month whilst the true believers forsake the pagan SAM and SPIKE. So too shall they shun SPIKE II. Yeah, verily, during this month shall even your false idol GnR's be unplugged from the wall lest they be powered on and accidentally permitted a brief display of attract mode.

So it is written, so shall it be.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

love to try this also have the end produkt version but did the shaker effect myself. Just a quick and dirty job. So wondering what you made of this.

#7735 3 years ago

Just picked up an indy and going through the resto process. I tried all available pinsound mixes and all sound really off level wise..not just adjustments with pinsound studio. Having same issue with Tz.

Will be tuning it asap when machine is back together.

Working on custom cab decal, translite and speaker changes as well.

Great to back in the club after 6 years.

#7736 3 years ago

So it is written, so shall it be.

Well this was fantastic.
Also, heretic mode hole foamers unite!

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

Well this was fantastic.
Also, heretic mode hole foamers unite!

I am but a messenger showing the path.

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Oh, man! We are mortal enemies!

I'm LED display, Anti-Pinsound, incandescent bulbs, and foam-solves-all-my-other-problems!

#7739 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I'm LED display, Anti-Pinsound, incandescent bulbs, and foam-solves-all-my-other-problems!

#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Hahahahaha....son of a....

image-asset (resized).jpegimage-asset (resized).jpeg
#7741 3 years ago

I’ve never been able to get foam to work, anyone ever give the little round stick on felt pads a try?

#7742 3 years ago

Here's my Indy Topper that I'm working on. More of a homage to all Indy films. Not quite finished yet -awaiting a light for front flood behind rock to indy's right to shine upwards to the idol.
I was going to hook up red LED's to work off a flasher for inside the cave - but not sure if I want to keep
the skeleton there or not. It was a bitch making clothes for it lol
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've also got the two different fixes you've seen that i've done on mine.

Two things.
1. A little foam at the top. This slows the ball so the return isn't as fast.
2. A couple of small rubber post stops on the ends of the wireguide. This acts like a rubber ramp stops on stern plastic ramps. The ball if travelling too fast will hit them and slow down. As a secondary effect is makes the gap smaller.

Makes repeated ramp shots really fast.

AC76F126-9CAC-4068-ACB4-C4182D889870 (resized).jpegAC76F126-9CAC-4068-ACB4-C4182D889870 (resized).jpeg47C49239-5B5C-4564-8508-D285BFF96C0C (resized).jpeg47C49239-5B5C-4564-8508-D285BFF96C0C (resized).jpeg

#7744 3 years ago

Quoted from orlandu81:Hahahahaha....son of a....
[quoted image]

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I've also got the two different fixes you've seen that i've done on mine.
Two things.
1. A little foam at the top. This slows the ball so the return isn't as fast.
2. A couple of small rubber post stops on the ends of the wireguide. This acts like a rubber ramp stops on stern plastic ramps. The ball if travelling too fast will hit them and slow down. As a secondary effect is makes the gap smaller.
Makes repeated ramp shots really fast.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Clever. I have a similar problem on my Taxi and think #2 will help.

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So still no updates on the mode hole mod?

I was just coming into this forum to ask the same question. I wasn't sure if it was shipped or not or maybe I had missed it. Thanks for the update, Ricochet!

#7747 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I was just coming into this forum to ask the same question. I wasn't sure if it was shipped or not or maybe I had missed it. Thanks for the update, Ricochet!

I’m starting to feel like the hole in this club ... especially if this thing doesn’t ship soon!

You all are awesome. Thanks

#7748 3 years ago
FC179E0E-FDBD-4F20-A58E-12DBAF914A09.gifFC179E0E-FDBD-4F20-A58E-12DBAF914A09.gif
#7749 3 years ago

Nothing good about bitching at a pinhead who is trying to produce a product that will improve your game.

What is even worse is posting a god damn cat meme to illustrate your god damn impatience. Yes, you think it's cute........it is not!!!

QSS

#7750 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Nothing good about bitching at a pinhead who is trying to produce a product that will improve your game.
What is even worse is posting a god damn cat meme to illustrate your god damn impatience.
QSS

I like cats...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 11,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/155?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.