IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 234.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

That’s legit. That’s exactly what it is. If you hit those drops straight on and it goes directly to the left Outlane on a quick timer you get the ball back

Thanks for confirming.

#7502 3 years ago

That’s legit. That’s exactly what it is. If you hit those drops straight on and it goes directly to the left Outlane on a quick timer you get the ball back

You can turn that off in the settings. I have mine off as I like the risk associated with the shot.

#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

You can turn that off in the settings. I have mine off as I like the risk associated with the shot.

No wonder why the ball save is in the code. You have to shoot the drop targets, that's one goal in this pin. If you do it right, the airball is not the right "answer" by the pin. If you miss a ramp shot, followed by a drain, that's you fault. Proper hit of drop target, then instant drain, without any chance to save - it's not your fault.

#7504 3 years ago

Hey Guys - I've been working on a topper some of you may be interested in checking out. I'm really pleased with how it's come out and will be offering a small batch run once finalised the details.
separate thread created here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-topper-1#post-6020037

DSC07015 (resized).JPGDSC07015 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5700 (resized).jpgIMG_5700 (resized).jpg
#7505 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey Guys - I've been working on a topper some of you may be interested in checking out. I'm really pleased with how it's come out and will be offering a small batch run once finalised the details.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

THATS A PROPER TOPPER FOR THIS MACHINE!

#7506 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Well done....be nice if it was lite up and somehow it interacted with the game

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Rm68lEx.gifRm68lEx.gif
#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

- I've been working on a topper some of you may be interested in checking out

Take my money

#7509 3 years ago

I have a an issue with my Indy. My general illumination works but my character, mode inserts and path of adventure lighting does not work. So basically everything in that general circuit. Any ideas? Fuse, chip? Thanks in advance!

#7510 3 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

I have a an issue with my Indy. My general illumination works but my character, mode inserts and path of adventure lighting does not work. So basically everything in that general circuit. Any ideas? Fuse, chip? Thanks in advance!

They're controlled lamps rather than GI however they are all on one big lamp board under the PF, so it could simply be the connector to the lamp. I'd suggest going into lamp test mode and lift the PF (remove the balls first) and see if it's just those lamps on the board or not

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Now that's some serious BLING!!! Well done!

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

They're controlled lamps rather than GI however they are all on one big lamp board under the PF, so it could simply be the connector to the lamp. I'd suggest going into lamp test mode and lift the PF (remove the balls first) and see if it's just those lamps on the board or not

Checked the connectors and unplugged and plugged them back in and they are in the correct orientation. The fact that the Indy lights and the path of adventure lights under the mini playfield don’t illuminate make me wonder if it’s something in the head? Everything that doesn’t work is in the same group of wires.

#7513 3 years ago

Any updates on the mode hole mod?

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

Checked the connectors and unplugged and plugged them back in and they are in the correct orientation. The fact that the Indy lights and the path of adventure lights under the mini playfield don’t illuminate make me wonder if it’s something in the head? Everything that doesn’t work is in the same group of wires.

Highlight on the below matrix each of the lamps that aren't working - this will show whether you have particular rows or columns out

IJ Lamp Matrix (resized).JPGIJ Lamp Matrix (resized).JPG

#7515 3 years ago

Ok.

So I removed J209 from the MPU, the ground shorts do not show.

When the 10 switch opto board (which I reworked and replaced the LM339s with sockets) is installed, power shows on the board, and in test mode, I show three rows with 'ground short'. Row 3 (White/Orange), Row 5 (White/Green), Row 7 (White/Violet).

When J3 is disconnected from the 10 switch opto, switch test shows those rows normal.

I've disconnected the trough opto board, but did not seem to affect the rows out.

Tracing J3-10 (the White/Orange wire, aka row 3), I show that there is no direct short to J3-1 (ground), and I show continuity to non-banded D3 diode and non-banded D12 diode as I would expect.

Because I show the entire row, and three of them, I am beginning to suspect something wrong with the LM339s as there are three. Don't have any good basis for this belief as I am lost here.

I don't show any short to ground or any continuity on U1 (LM339 # 1) from the white/orange wire.

I haven't tried to disconnect pin 5 (E2 Opto 3) from J2 to see if that's the possible short.

Looking for some insight, thanks in advance.

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm working on it again Unfortunately I had to put it down for a couple of months. I've got some parts coming in again next week... When I picked it back up again last week... I did some more testing and found an issue with the lid being slightly too big.... I had a ball stick when it fell through the POA. This cause me to scrap a bunch of parts...

Again sorry for the delay and please excuse me for being paranoid about the final product... I don't want anyone to be disappointed... especially if you are paying for something.
scrap (resized).jpgscrap (resized).jpg

#7517 3 years ago

I have the main Mirco playfield I can sell, I finished restoring my original. It's the glitter version. Has very low plays on it because it was used just for the interim. Has some pooling around the star post holes; I never saw this as a problem but some people do care about it. Maybe someone local? $700.

DSC_3296 (resized).JPGDSC_3296 (resized).JPG
#7518 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

I have the main Mirco playfield I can sell, I finished restoring my original. It's the glitter version. Has very low plays on it because it was used just for the interim. Has some pooling around the star post holes; I never saw this as a problem but some people do care about it. Maybe someone local? $700.[quoted image]

Your game is really coming out nice.

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm working on it again Unfortunately I had to put it down for a couple of months. I've got some parts coming in again next week... When I picked it back up again last week... I did some more testing and found an issue with the lid being slightly too big.... I had a ball stick when it fell through the POA. This cause me to scrap a bunch of parts...
Again sorry for the delay and please excuse me for being paranoid about the final product... I don't want anyone to be disappointed... especially if you are paying for something.
[quoted image]

Thats too bad....theres always a price for perfection On another note the rev 2/3 deflector is performing well.

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Your game is really coming out nice.

The original playfield is all cleared and polished and ready to go. The Spraymax is some awesome stuff.

DSC_3283 (resized).JPGDSC_3283 (resized).JPG
#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats too bad....theres always a price for perfection On another note the rev 2/3 deflector is performing well.

Yeah its a bit of a drag. I was hoping just to start making them... but its ok. I appreciate everyone's patience. We've a saying in R&D... at some point you have to shoot the engineer to get the product from them so you can sell it. Its a good thing I am my own manager here.

Glad your proto is working well!

#7522 3 years ago

The original playfield is all cleared and polished and ready to go. The Spraymax is some awesome stuff.[quoted image]

Im glad you didnt go with the Mirco "Vampire Willie" playfield lol.

#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If you are referring to the problematic bounce outs this hole is plagued with, the ultimate solution is right here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-indiana-jones-bounce-out-fix-for-mode-start-saucer

20201217_171727 (resized).jpg20201217_171727 (resized).jpg20201218_144037 (resized).jpg20201218_144037 (resized).jpg20201218_144044 (resized).jpg20201218_144044 (resized).jpg

#7524 3 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

If you are referring to the problematic bounce outs this hole is plagued with, the ultimate solution is right here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultimate-indiana-jones-bounce-out-fix-for-mode-start-saucer
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I tried that....didnt work well at all + the foam kept needing replacement...the new deflector design is money

#7525 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I tried that....didnt work well at all + the foam kept needing replacement...the new deflector design is money

My solution isn't foam, ITS THE BLUE SQUARE BUMPER. It is used on wire forms as a stopper in multiple games and has high wear resilience.

#7526 3 years ago

Hey Guys! As I'm still a relatively novice IJ owner, I'm still learning the rule set. Any pros out there able to answer the two questions below on gameplay?

1 - Where are all the extra balls hidden? Which ones am I missing?

I have personally only lit the "extra ball" light in the following ways

- Hand of Fate when lite ex ball appears as an option
- 8x bonus is triggered
- Complete Survive the Rope Bridge mode

Shoot again was triggered in the following ways.

- Hidden ball found in Raven's bar
- Extra ball(s) from the POA hole drop

2 - Is there a maximum number of extra balls you can have? I swore the other day I had earned 3 extra balls but I only received 2. I may not have been paying attention though and forgot I lost a ball.

#7527 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey Guys! As I'm still a relatively novice IJ owner, I'm still learning the rule set. Any pros out there able to answer the two questions below on gameplay?
1 - Where are all the extra balls hidden? Which ones am I missing?
I have personally only lit the "extra ball" light in the following ways
- Hand of Fate when lite ex ball appears as an option
- 8x bonus is triggered
- Complete Survive the Rope Bridge mode
Shoot again was triggered in the following ways.
- Hidden ball found in Raven's bar
- Extra ball(s) from the POA hole drop
2 - Is there a maximum number of extra balls you can have? I swore the other day I had earned 3 extra balls but I only received 2. I may not have been paying attention though and forgot I lost a ball.

I think the best source of info on this comes from Adrian's rule guide, which has been the default guide for IJ for as long as I can remember.
Here's the copypasta:

Extra Ball

This game is one of the most liberal when it comes to Extra Balls. Even on 'hard' settings you can fairly easily get 5, and on most games they seem to be unlimited. Also, all lit EB's are remembered between balls.

There are at least five ways of getting an EB from Indiana Jones:

Light the Path of Adventure then shoot the right ramp to play on the raised mini playfield. Steer the ball over the lit rollovers and as soon as the first set have been collected, the second hole will be lit for an EB. This means that it is possible to get an EB from the first pass of PoA, but in practice it is unlikely.
Further EB's are available every time you complete a set of rollovers after collecting The Pit.

Light the four I-N-D-Y rollovers 4 times to increase bonus to 8X and light Extra Ball at the Start Mode saucer. Collect by shooting the saucer.
Light the Hand of Fate from the inlanes. When collected at the Start Mode hole it will sometimes light an EB. Shoot Start Mode again to collect it.
Shoot Start Mode for Survive the Rope Bridge, cross the bridge and Extra Ball will be lit at the Mode saucer. Shoot Start Mode to collect.
Shoot Start Mode to start Raven Bar Video Mode. An Extra Ball is available after about enough bad guys have been blown away. Shoot it to collect.

Note: There are different Operator settings which allow different numbers of available EB's. For example, some settings only allow 1 EB to be collected using the first method above (INDY rollovers) whereas in others this is unlimited.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

My solution isn't foam, ITS THE BLUE SQUARE BUMPER. It is used on wire forms as a stopper in multiple games and has high wear resilience.

Something like this? And drill out a hole in the metal to wedge the nub into.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6823

#7530 3 years ago

More likely this one with the adhesive backing https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=23-6629

#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I know what your talking about....happy it works well for u

#7533 3 years ago

Yes you could do that. But I went with the Titan version because it is extremely sticky, easy install and I had them in stock.

#7534 3 years ago

That would work as well but I had the Titan ones in my stash readily available.

#7536 3 years ago

The original playfield is all cleared and polished and ready to go. The Spraymax is some awesome stuff.[quoted image]

Did somebody fix your original PF and clear coat it?

#7537 3 years ago

Did somebody fix your original PF and clear coat it?

He did it himself because he's a pinball god!

The sample game he started with was a true piece of crap, hole in the cab etc...lol.

Im excited to see this game restored, its well worth it.

#7538 3 years ago

wow that looks nice....did u clear coat yourself?

#7539 3 years ago

I clear coated and touched up myself. The lower area of the playfield had a lot of planking in the yellow bands encircling Indy, so I airbrushed 5 of the 6 bands. The only yellow band I didn't have to touch was the upper right with the 6x insert. There were a few gouges in the playfield, this one next to the Marion insert was hard to touchup because it is two-tone. I had to use a linen tester loupe just to see what I was doing when dotting the two-tone. I liked the glitter on the Mirco so much that I added it to this playfield.
DSC04085 (resized).JPGDSC04085 (resized).JPGDSC_3193 (resized).JPGDSC_3193 (resized).JPG

#7540 3 years ago

I clear coated and touched up myself. The lower area of the playfield had a lot of planking in the yellow bands encircling Indy, so I airbrushed 5 of the 6 bands. The only yellow band I didn't have to touch was the upper right with the 6x insert. There were a few gouges in the playfield, this one next to the Marion insert was hard to touchup because it is two-tone. I had to use a linen tester loupe just to see what I was doing when dotting the two-tone. I liked the glitter on the Mirco so much that I added it to this playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful work!

#7541 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh damn, and you glittered it as well, nice.

Yeah I got a Micro but I’m not swapping out my original anytime soon. It’s good enough and eventually would like to see about cleaning it up like you did.

Great job

#7542 3 years ago

Getting very close to done with this resto. Went with al feature lights incandecent, all GI Comet warm white as well as some green and red 1smd led.
Clear Titan rings, colored posts / flipper rubber.
Now in playtest.

DSC05503 (resized).JPGDSC05503 (resized).JPG

#7543 3 years ago

Hi all,
Looking to pick up IJTPA if anyone is looking to move theirs. Could buy or trade (Beatles, Star Trek, maybe Addams). I have a couple of leads via facebook, but nothing has confirmed just yet. Thanks!

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi all,
Looking to pick up IJTPA if anyone is looking to move theirs. Could buy or trade (Beatles, Star Trek, maybe Addams). I have a couple of leads via facebook, but nothing has confirmed just yet. Thanks!

One for sale in NC for 11K if you really want one

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106472

#7545 3 years ago

I really want one yes. But 11k is just a bit high .

#7546 3 years ago

Screen printed airball protector set is back in stock.

1224904faefaa14e6fdb4c3af3492ecde7cd74df (resized).jpg1224904faefaa14e6fdb4c3af3492ecde7cd74df (resized).jpg
Added over 3 years ago:

Sold out.

#7547 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I really want one yes. But 11k is just a bit high .

Its a nice looking game, but seems a little overpriced to me especially with no color dmd, pin sound or other significant upgrades.

#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Screen printed airball protector set is back in stock.[quoted image][quoted image]

These are a must have in my opinion....very high quality as well

#7549 3 years ago

Been having trouble getting sunk balls kicked up to the idol. The game can cycle through the missing ball sequence (multiple times) and the ball still won't be kicked up. I can hear the popper activate on the sequence, so I assume the ball is just getting hung up down there. I can usually get it to kick up with a little love tap (or 3).

Ya'll think the part is worn, dirty, or is it more likely I have some sort of bogey caught in there?

#7550 3 years ago

Last few steps... Just need painted planes, pinsound, and shaker. Any suggestions where I could get a shaker for Indy?

99517 (resized).jpeg99517 (resized).jpeg99519 (resized).jpeg99519 (resized).jpeg99521 (resized).jpeg99521 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.