IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 234.
#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe pop in a new POA opto board while you have it apart. The new ones are faster responding to me it seems.

I plan on doing this when I install Lao’s Antidote, only as a preventative measure as my original will fail eventually.

#7452 3 years ago

Been having an intermittent issue on my POA movement. It tilts to the right normally, but then when I go back to the left, it jumps a little left at a time, at a pretty good rhythm, but the net result is that it doesn’t move fast enough to keep the ball from dropping through a hole. It’s not all the time and the POA tests fine. I need to pull the POA off eventually to install a cliffy and mode hole fix, but may do sooner to try to figure out what’s up with this. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#7453 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Been having an intermittent issue on my POA movement. It tilts to the right normally, but then when I go back to the left, it jumps a little left at a time, at a pretty good rhythm, but the net result is that it doesn’t move fast enough to keep the ball from dropping through a hole. It’s not all the time and the POA tests fine. I need to pull the POA off eventually to install a cliffy and mode hole fix, but may do sooner to try to figure out what’s up with this. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Chuddering, stuttering etc, is usually dirty or failing optos on the
POA opto board.

Put in new optos or replace the board. Sometimes cleaning them fixes it for awhile.

Personally if its a 30 year old original board, Id replace it.

#7454 3 years ago

Chuddering, stuttering etc, is usually dirty or failing optos on the
POA opto board.
Put in new optos or replace the board. Sometimes cleaning them fixes it for awhile.
Personally if its a 30 year old original board, Id replace it.

Thank you, great info. I've not had the POA off yet, so am not familiar with what makes it work (and in the manual I can pull up online, the POA parts page is pretty faded out, hard to really see anything). If you don't mind, could you let me know where the opto / opto board is that you're referring to that controls the movement of the POA?

#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thank you, great info. I've not had the POA off yet, so am not familiar with what makes it work (and in the manual I can pull up online, the POA parts page is pretty faded out, hard to really see anything). If you don't mind, could you let me know where the opto / opto board is that you're referring to that controls the movement of the POA?

Once you remove the POA you will see the board.
The motor shaft interrupter passes thru the optos on it.

#7456 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ok, first step, take a video of the Mini PF test in the test mode (#15).
Your PF may be too far back, it may need to be shifted towards to the player a bit...try and ensure it sits as far forward as possible without hitting the metal ramp in front of it. Probably won't help the left to right problem, but it will help with other issues which may not be visible at this point.
It appears that your mini PF is misaligned on the mounting bar, but I don't know for sure until we can see the mini PF test running and how it settles.
Edit: You also appear to have a washer behind the rope bridge. This may or may not be ok, and is definitely not stock, so I would remove that as well to ensure your starting is point is the stock setup.

Okay, I'll do that....How do you know I have a washer behind POA?

Here's the video while it's off

#7457 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay, I'll do that....How do you know I have a washer behind POA?
Here's the video while it's off

That video doesn't help...you need to have it on and go into the test menu and run the Mini PF test (#15 I believe). Let's see that run, and also shift it left and right in the video (in test mode - not manually with your hands). Again, odds are it is not mounted in the center (causing a tilt to one side) and is also sitting too far back.

I see the washer in the images you posted, it is quite large.

#7458 3 years ago

Could somebody want to share his shop out pictures with me?
Took some pictures but seemed not enough.
Thanks

#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Could somebody want to share his shop out pictures with me?
Took some pictures but seemed not enough.
Thanks

Yep when you think you have enough pics, take a few more just to be sure.

Here's Ricochet restoration pics that may help https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipParamCAZVfm8HR3_KpETzKG62DWi4gUs4k9WHgSBvClx6EVPyNlpXpvOMn0i-Tqg?key=Q0xOYlVkbHFpWmI1LXBINlUzQWEteFZ1MFVsanRn

#7460 3 years ago

Got my pinsound package in and replace the board and speakers. I realize I think I had aftermarket speakers, see attached picture. I think the pinsound speakers sound better (I’m no expert on sound) but anybody know anything about these? If they are better than default Stern speakers I could put them into one of my other pins.

What’s the preferred Pinsound file? In the short tinkering I think I like the reorchestration by Endprodukt.

6693F674-D36A-4141-87B4-6C71B9C99B63 (resized).jpeg6693F674-D36A-4141-87B4-6C71B9C99B63 (resized).jpeg
#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Got my pinsound package in and replace the board and speakers. I realize I think I had aftermarket speakers, see attached picture. I think the pinsound speakers sound better (I’m no expert on sound) but anybody know anything about these? If they are better than default Stern speakers I could put them into one of my other pins.
What’s the preferred Pinsound file? In the short tinkering I think I like the reorchestration by Endprodukt.
[quoted image]

Definitely better than factory speakers. Reorchestration is the way to go!

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

Pinball pro speakers sound pretty good too. Not really necessary to replace them if its the full kit.

#7463 3 years ago

Pinball pro speakers sound pretty good too. Not really necessary to replace them if its the full kit.

It was the full kit, and now maybe I’ll put them in my Stern Jurassic Park premium. Anyway have the pinsound stereo in, installed everything but the shaker which I’ll do tomorrow. Enjoyed the sound so much I got my new high score, just over 2b and completed all modes so got to eternal life mode. Fun!

On the pinsound headset adapter, any knowledge on how to get the cable in the cabinet without drilling? Actually fits under the lockbar, but doesn’t look right.

#7464 3 years ago

Maybe a noob question but was the gun assembly original in black color or brushed steel color?

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Maybe a noob question but was the gun assembly original in black color or brushed steel color?

It's a casted part, it is coated but has natural grey metal finish. Same gun handle that is used on Dirty Harry.

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It's a casted part, it is coated but has natural grey metal finish. Same gun handle that is used on Dirty Harry.

On the flyer it seems on the right side a black finish.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

On the flyer it seems on the right side a black finish.

That's just lighting ... its got some dark grey low-lights in the finish. It doesn't photograph well... especially with a flash as it is coated with a clear finish so the facets of the handle cause some pretty severe deflections making it look darker.

This is the best pic (stole from the topic gallery) that I could find that has natural light.

ij-shooter (resized).pngij-shooter (resized).png
#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

On the pinsound headset adapter, any knowledge on how to get the cable in the cabinet without drilling? Actually fits under the lockbar, but doesn’t look right.

I believe I ran it underneath the cabinet using the pads and then I brought it up through a wire grill at the back. Used a flat head to loosen it.

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That's just lighting ... its got some dark grey low-lights in the finish. It doesn't photograph well... especially with a flash as it is coated with a clear finish so the facets of the handle cause some pretty severe deflections making it look darker.
This is the best pic (stole from the topic gallery) that I could find that has natural light.
[quoted image]

I've got a NOS one in storage and it matches this description, it is dark grey with a clear finish.

#7470 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I've got a NOS one in storage and it matches this description, it is dark grey with a clear finish.

Here's mine, an original that has never been re-finished. I took a picture with both flash on and off to try and show the appearance. It's a very dark metallic grey finish that appears black in most light, but the "flash off" version shows its 'natural' appearance.

The original finish on mine has worn in the usual places, revelaing a much duller pewter-toned metal beneath. I've thought about this a lot, and honestly I would never re-finish my gun. The pocks and the wear make it look more like a rough and ready used firearm, like Indy himself would carry.

GunOFF (resized).jpgGunOFF (resized).jpgGunON (resized).jpgGunON (resized).jpg
#7471 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Here's mine, an original that has never been re-finished. I took a picture with both flash on and off to try and show the appearance. It's a very dark metallic grey finish that appears black in most light, but the "flash off" version shows its 'natural' appearance.
The original finish on mine has worn in the usual places, revelaing a much duller pewter-toned metal beneath. I've thought about this a lot, and honestly I would never re-finish my gun. The pocks and the wear make it look more like a rough and ready used firearm, like Indy himself would carry.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My NOS gun is sorta a brownish? blackish? grayish color? in natural light.

I like the color a lot, it might be hard to reproduce. I also like the slightly worn look, even when brand new.

Old guns of that period always had a brownish cast to the black color due to oil rubbed rust or whatnot...

#7472 3 years ago

I submit to the court a photo of Indy's screen-used revolver from Raiders of the Lost Ark:

703px-ROTLA_Bapty (resized).jpg703px-ROTLA_Bapty (resized).jpg
#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It was the full kit, and now maybe I’ll put them in my Stern Jurassic Park premium. Anyway have the pinsound stereo in, installed everything but the shaker which I’ll do tomorrow. Enjoyed the sound so much I got my new high score, just over 2b and completed all modes so got to eternal life mode. Fun!

I pushed out a staple in the rear right rodent guard/screen square, and ran the cable under it and out of the cabinet.

From there, you can tack the cable up along the inner cabinet edge to feed it all the way to the front leg, or mount the headphone station onto the rear right leg instead of the front.

I currently have it on a rear leg as the game is not locked into a line-up and is accessible from the side.

People kept knocking the headphone onto the floor when I had it on the front.

So, after the cable is out of the cabinet, you can mount the headphone station wherever you want.

#7474 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I submit to the court a photo of Indy's screen-used revolver from Raiders of the Lost Ark:[quoted image]

Can we get a gun mod that looks lime that?

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I submit to the court a photo of Indy's screen-used revolver from Raiders of the Lost Ark:[quoted image]

I really liked the brown powder-coated grips, I saw from one of the powder-coaters.

Or paint it like this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-gun-handle-powdercoat-ideas#post-2281814

It looks very authentic.

#7476 3 years ago

Robertstone0407 does a fantastic Indy gun, I plan on sending my worn one (looks like AaronZOOM 's pistol) in the coming months to get the two tone look.

If you really want it to look authentic, you could bury it in the backyard for a few days before installing.

#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

robertstone0407 does a fantastic Indy gun, I plan on sending my worn one (looks like aaronzoom 's pistol) in the coming months to get the two tone look.
If you really want it to look authentic, you could bury it in the backyard for a few days before installing.

Yes! thats the one I was referring to, It looks great.

#7478 3 years ago

Ok everyone, if you could only pick 1 upgrade to do on IJ, which of these 2 would you pick?

1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

#7479 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Ok everyone, if you could only pick 1 upgrade to do on IJ, which of these 2 would you pick?
1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

I've gone for KornFreak28 planes over these - but everyone is different

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service

#7480 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

Is money an object or is it just taste I am evaluating?
When you say PinSound package...this includes the full package (with shaker, speakers, headphone station)?

Doesn't matter, can't decide. Just get both...and add yourself to the KornFreak28 planes list.

#7481 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

During gameplay, you hear the sound/effects/callouts in 100% and your eyes on the playfield almost always. I would say maximum 10% time for display.

#7482 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Is money an object or is it just taste I am evaluating?
When you say PinSound package...this includes the full package (with shaker, speakers, headphone station)?
Doesn't matter, can't decide. Just get both...and add yourself to the kornfreak28 planes list.

I'm already on the list for KornFreak28 's planes, super excited!

If you could only afford 1 of the two options, which would you go with? Just hypothetical...

#7483 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I'm already on the list for kornfreak28 's planes, super excited!
If you could only afford 1 of the two options, which would you go with? Just hypothetical...

Then I will agree with Davi

#7484 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

Colordmd

#7485 3 years ago

The Man with the Golden Gun...
20201209_232556 (resized).jpg20201209_232556 (resized).jpg

#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

The Man with the Golden Gun...

All you need now is a third nipple

#7488 3 years ago

I vote pinsound by far

#7489 3 years ago

With the help of Bill Webb (local good guy pin dude), was able to get an original Indiana Jones Rotor Lock Ball Popper over to Kerry at Mantis Amusements so that it could be reproduced. The new weldment came out very nice. Williams part # A-16230. New weldment on top in pic.
Thanks, Kerry, for making this rare part.
Wally

https://mantispinball.com/product/indiana-jones-scoop/

100_3999 (resized).JPG100_3999 (resized).JPG

#7490 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

1. Color DMD
2. PinSound package

I have both and its a tough choice....if I was forced to pick one it would probably be pin sound, but its really a toss up

#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I have both and its a tough choice....if I was forced to pick one it would probably be pin sound, but its really a toss up

Pinsound for me. It brings this machine to life.

#7492 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

That video doesn't help...you need to have it on and go into the test menu and run the Mini PF test (#15 I believe). Let's see that run, and also shift it left and right in the video (in test mode - not manually with your hands). Again, odds are it is not mounted in the center (causing a tilt to one side) and is also sitting too far back.
I see the washer in the images you posted, it is quite large.

Here's the Test Let me know if this is normal or If I have to adjust something thx

#7493 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Here's the Test Let me know if this is normal or If I have to adjust something thx

Would have liked to see you manually shift the POA right and left in test mode, but I think I've seen enough. It's mounted too far back and it's tilted left too much.

Loosen the small bolt (Allen key hole) behind the POA, slide it towards the front a bit, and then tilt it right and re-tighten.

Re-run the test, and then manually test with the flipper buttons in test mode. Ensure it aligns in the middle.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Would have liked to see you manually shift the POA right and left, but I think I've seen enough. It's mounted too far back and it's tilted left too much.
Loosen the small bolt (Allen key hole) behind the POA, slide it towards the front a bit, and then tilt it right and re-tighten.
Re-run the test, and then manually test. Ensure it aligns in the middle.

great, thx...that was a Fast response!!!!!!

#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

With the help of Bill Webb (local good guy pin dude), was able to get an original Indiana Jones Rotor Lock Ball Popper over to Kerry at Mantis Amusements so that it could be reproduced. The new weldment came out very nice. Williams part # A-16230. New weldment on top in pic.
Thanks, Kerry, for making this rare part.
Wally
https://mantispinball.com/product/indiana-jones-scoop/
[quoted image]

WOW wallybgood that rocks! Great work and big thanks to everyone who got this done!

#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

The good news is your opto board seems to be operating correctly. I would slide the play field forward as much as possible and then retest.

#7497 3 years ago

For those interested, I started my IJPA playfield swap. Here is link to the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pinball-adventure-playfield-swap#post-6011069

#7498 3 years ago

It always seems like when I get a GC score, I usually have 1-2 extra balls lit that I don’t get. Highest score I’ve gotten since I’ve done my full shop it and set it to “brutal” settings but, I could have maybe crossed the 2 Billion threshold if I had collected the POA and mode scoop EBs

#7499 3 years ago

Weird rules question:

I keep getting random extra ball (i.e. eternal life) when I rapidly hit the center shot drops and then immediately drain to the left outlane. I have noticed this random "free ball" but finally pinned it down to this specific shot. It feels like the designers felt this shot was too brutal so inserted this "eternal life" feature when it drains this way. Am I crazy? Is this a real thing?

#7500 3 years ago

That’s legit. That’s exactly what it is. If you hit those drops straight on and it goes directly to the left Outlane on a quick timer you get the ball back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
12,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.