IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 234.
#7151 3 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

ricochet, can you please add me to your mode start hole replacement scoop and protector? Thanks!

Ditto

#7152 3 years ago

We Redesigned the right wire ramp to go through the ruins. It really opens up the middle of the playfield!

AB04E587-CFF0-49BE-BCC1-8589F3F02F4E (resized).jpegAB04E587-CFF0-49BE-BCC1-8589F3F02F4E (resized).jpeg
#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

ricochet, can you please add me to your mode start hole replacement scoop and protector? Thanks!

Yes....

Following up on that... I've had some personal and professional stuff take me away from this fun stuff for a bit... its coming... its just on pause at the moment.

#7154 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

for a bit... its coming... its just on pause at the moment.

Game been around since 1993 , couple weeks are not going to matter!
Thanks for doing this

#7155 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

We Redesigned the right wire ramp to go through the ruins. It really opens up the middle of the playfield![quoted image]

Whaaaat...that's crazy! But also pretty neat.

Does it mess with the programming, though? Does a completed ramp shot require the ball to hit the right inlane switch to properly register any shots? Or is it good enough just to hit the ramp switches?

To clarify - does it confuse the game at all if the ball hits the switches in the order Rt. Ramp Enter --> Rt. Ramp Top --> Idol Exit

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Does it mess with the programming, though? Does a completed ramp shot require the ball to hit the right inlane switch to properly register any shots? Or is it good enough just to hit the ramp switches?
To clarify - does it confuse the game at all if the ball hits the switches in the order Rt. Ramp Enter --> Rt. Ramp Top --> Idol Exit

It is interesting...but I am not a fan of the reduced score you will get as a result. Hitting the right ramp should light hand of fate, but with this redesign it will not. Perhaps if it was made to drop the ball in the same place as the original it would work better.

#7157 3 years ago

We Redesigned the right wire ramp to go through the ruins. It really opens up the middle of the playfield![quoted image]

The wireform going in and out of the ruins makes me think of the mine cart ride - very nicely done!! Does it slow the ball return compared to the old wireform?

#7158 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Thanks for this solid and clear info.
Will buy one for sure if it is available.
Are there other mods available that level up the gameplay of this machine?
I'm no fan of stuffing the playfield with extra toys but will definitly install cliffy protectors, sleeves and this Lao Antidode.
Thanks for your answer.

In my opinion adding Cliffy's, air ball plastics (due to the drop targets), ricochets deflector, and plastic protectors are necessary. The most impactful upgrades are the color dmd, and pin sound board + new speakers. If you value quality sound and call outs than the pin sound board is a massive upgrade. The rest of the stuff is window dressing, but are big upgrades i.e. Korns planes, lost plastic, LED's, and game blades.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

No.
We are adding a micro switch today to the end of the wire form to activate the hand of fate switch.
And the ball drops perfectly in front of the idol switch without triggering it.
Ill post video soon.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The wireform going in and out of the ruins makes me think of the mine cart ride - very nicely done!! Does it slow the ball return compared to the old wireform?

Thank you. Yes was thinking the same when making it. The mine cart ride!

Not really. Depends on how fast the ball is going around the right ramp.

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

It is interesting...but I am not a fan of the reduced score you will get as a result. Hitting the right ramp should light hand of fate, but with this redesign it will not. Perhaps if it was made to drop the ball in the same place as the original it would work better.

Adding micro switch so hand of fate will always light up.
Thank you for the feedback

#7162 3 years ago

Nice job!!!! Could you possibly extend the ramp so the ball drops in the inner lane?

#7163 3 years ago

Adding micro switch so hand of fate will always light up.
Thank you for the feedback

Ah, that should work as long as it is on the wire form and is tripped before it drops back down on the playfield.

I like how you have the ruins in the back raised, it adds some nice depth to it.

#7164 3 years ago

We Redesigned the right wire ramp to go through the ruins. It really opens up the middle of the playfield!

So I was just looking over the picture again ... where are the planes?

#7165 3 years ago

Riochet, can you add me to your mode start hole replacement scoop and protector? Thank you!

#7166 3 years ago

Looks good.

#7167 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Odd looking for sure

#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It looks strange without the planes

#7169 3 years ago

Planes going in soon.

#7170 3 years ago

Ricochet
Please add me to the list for the deflector. Thank you

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice job!!!! Could you possibly extend the ramp so the ball drops in the inner lane?

Good idea. Could have welded more rods to extend it. But to late now.

#7172 3 years ago

This game is so satisfying once you learn the shots. I haven't been able to crack the 500M default, but I'm getting close. This is my first pinball and I feel like I've played 1,000 games, but it's still fun

#7173 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

This is my first pinball

You chose wisely!

#7174 3 years ago

Ricochet.....
Add me as well for the mode start deflector.

#7175 3 years ago

@ricochet, Please add me to your mode start hole replacement scoop and protector!Thanx.

#7176 3 years ago

I need some help...what type of lamp or flasher goes here? The inserts are the "Lites Hand of Fate" located on either side of the lower playfield.
Is it a #555 or a type 89 flasher?
I can't find anything in the manual under lamps or flashers.
Thanks!

4BF14425-2B31-4742-AFB9-C9BA009EB875_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4BF14425-2B31-4742-AFB9-C9BA009EB875_1_105_c (resized).jpeg72676A33-69E7-4FDF-8650-2CCA7F682591_1_105_c (resized).jpeg72676A33-69E7-4FDF-8650-2CCA7F682591_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4E0F00A-5A98-4DA4-A115-AA794A28DB24_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4E0F00A-5A98-4DA4-A115-AA794A28DB24_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#7177 3 years ago

Also, when I plugged a 555 bulb into those sockets, it stayed lit during attract mode, rather than pulsing on/off like the other lamps, which seemed strange.
thanks in advance!

#7178 3 years ago

Its a 555 for the "hand of fate" I use a flex bulb from Comet ... as for why it would stay lit I have no idea ...
Not close to the game to check

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Its a 555 for the "hand of fate" I use a flex bulb from Comet ... as for why it would stay lit I have no idea ...
Not close to the game to check

thanks for your help. BTW, according to another post, Lite Hands of Fate should stay lit during attract mode, so apparently the fact that they are staying lit isn't a problem.

#7180 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Is it a #555 or a type 89 flasher?

To clarify ...
Correct bulb is 555
Wedge base flasher is a 906
Bayonet based flasher is a 89

89-range-wm-500x500 (resized).jpg89-range-wm-500x500 (resized).jpgHLB1oyaMSbPpK1RjSZFFq6y5PpXad.jpg_350x350 (resized).jpgHLB1oyaMSbPpK1RjSZFFq6y5PpXad.jpg_350x350 (resized).jpg
#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

To clarify ...
Correct bulb is 555
Wedge base flasher is a 906
Bayonet based flasher is a 89
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, indeed. My mistake. Thanks!

#7182 3 years ago

IIRC the Hand Of Fate lights runs on the GI Circuit, but I could be totally off on that one. For me, those lights area always way brighter than the rest of the bulbs. Always found that kind of odd.

#7183 3 years ago

DMD panel removed , heading out tomorrow to have the "missing lights" CNC'd at a friend's shop ...

16051351478043612872559739571137 (resized).jpg16051351478043612872559739571137 (resized).jpg16051351667131903049602288135998 (resized).jpg16051351667131903049602288135998 (resized).jpg
#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

thanks for your help. BTW, according to another post, Lite Hands of Fate should stay lit during attract mode, so apparently the fact that they are staying lit isn't a problem.

Because of this reason I put in Comet 555 Wedge Flex Changing Color Slow. As a nice touch of magic to those 2 lights since they remain on quite a bit

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/1smd-flex?variant=12386967748652

#7185 3 years ago

Does the manual show what sizes and quantities of T-nuts the playfield requires? I am unable to find the page it would have this information because the CTRL+F Find Function doesn't work on the scanned manual PDF. Having T-nuts already in place will make it easier to hot-swap playfields.

#7186 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Does the manual show what sizes and quantities of T-nuts the playfield requires? I am unable to find the page it would have this information because the CTRL+F Find Function doesn't work on the scanned manual PDF. Having T-nuts already in place will make it easier to hot-swap playfields.

Should be on the parts list?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1267/Williams_1993_Indiana_Jones_The_Pinball_Adventure_Parts_List.txt

I just move the T-nuts as I go and replace the ones that are ruined.

I install with a little tool I make out of washers, felt and allen screws.

20201113_115651 (resized).jpg20201113_115651 (resized).jpg
#7187 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Based on parts list:

8-32:
Playfield: 50
Speaker panel: 16

6-32:

#7188 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Based on parts list:
8-32:
Playfield: 50
Speaker panel: 16
6-32:

is there 50 8/32 t-nuts???? Seems like a lot...But I havent done my restore yet.

#7189 3 years ago

tips on adjusting the narrow escape gate? I would say about 50% of my balls that eject from the idol pop back out into the outlane after making it to the sling rubber.

#7190 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

is there 50 8/32 t-nuts???? Seems like a lot...But I havent done my restore yet.

Yes, seems a lot. But...
~18 on top side,
10 on backboard,
~22 on bottom side.

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

tips on adjusting the narrow escape gate? I would say about 50% of my balls that eject from the idol pop back out into the outlane after making it to the sling rubber.

strange, the gate only opens one direction. Is the gate a little sticky that it doesn't drop closed quickly enough?

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

If the ball has made it to the sling rubber, it sounds like the gate hasn't come down after the ball has gone through it. I'd check that the gate easily moves up and down, the should be little to no friction causing the gate to fall back down. Can you post a pic of your gate and maybe try taking a slo-mo video of a ball being ejected. Alternatively you may need to adjust the ball guide angle coming from the idol so that the ball doesn't hit the sling at that angle causing it to bounce back.

#7193 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Update to all my left ramp nonsense...
Thanks to everyone who chimed in and offered advice - it's always appreciated. Like so many things, I think I've come up with the easiest and stupidest possible solution for these fly-outs.
I added a small square of adhesive foam at the top of the ramp, on the right-hand side, as so:
[quoted image]
Did some testing. In 30 dead-on shots, not a single one flew out. There is no perceptible slowdown to the ball, movement feels smooth, and gameplay is not affected in any way. Because of the angle, the foam is barely noticeable while playing - you have to be standing on the left side of the machine to even see it. It took me seconds to install, can be removed or replaced without any lasting effects, and requires me only to take out the playfield glass to get at it. Problem solved.
Because PinBits 'Drop Dead' foam is one of those things that is perpetually sold out, I turned to Amazon for this. While I've used similar adhesive weather stripping from the hardware store in the machine for other things (standup target backing, under the lockbar), I've found it to be too thick and spongy to be useful for ball control. The new stuff I got is thin (3mm), very dense, and perfect for padding without getting in the way.

Just wanted to say thank you for the great idea - I had the same problem, with about 30-50% of clean shots flying off the ramp, often smashing straight into the biplane. I did not want to risk damage, especially being on the list for KornFreak's planes. I stuck a bit of neoprene in the same spot - not one single airball off the ramp in about two hours of playing today. I think the neoprene is a bit too thick, so the ball tends to rattle a bit, indicating that the ball path is affected too much, but the trade-off is well worth it. I'll keep experimenting with thinner foam.

On a totally different topic, I bought my IJ already partially - and tastefully - converted to LED. I keep considering going back to incandescents as I feel it would fit the retro theme well, and I also miss the soft glow and fade of bulbs. I'd probably keep the LEDs in the PoA and potentially other hard to reach places. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

#7194 3 years ago

In the club since yesterday.
Cabinet is ok.
Playfield is very good except some little black cracks.
Anybodu an idea to fix this? Or is it better to keep it like this?

What about a plastic playfield protector on it? What arr the pros and contra's of such playfield protector?
Thanks

DSC_2857 (resized).JPGDSC_2857 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGIMG-20201112-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20201112-WA0001 (resized).jpg
#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

Just wanted to say thank you for the great idea - I had the same problem, with about 30-50% of clean shots flying off the ramp, often smashing straight into the biplane. I did not want to risk damage, especially being on the list for KornFreak's planes. I stuck a bit of neoprene in the same spot - not one single airball off the ramp in about two hours of playing today. I think the neoprene is a bit too thick, so the ball tends to rattle a bit, indicating that the ball path is affected too much, but the trade-off is well worth it. I'll keep experimenting with thinner foam.
On a totally different topic, I bought my IJ already partially - and tastefully - converted to LED. I keep considering going back to incandescents as I feel it would fit the retro theme well, and I also miss the soft glow and fade of bulbs. I'd probably keep the LEDs in the PoA and potentially other hard to reach places. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Once upon a time, I converted my IJ to LEDs, and I HATED it. It was overly bright and sterile - it lost its warmth and life. I immediately swapped them back to incandescent - IJ just seems to need that natural filament glow, y'know?

That said - if you're going with LEDs, you need need need to get an LED OCD board. That will give you the natural fading back, and you have a lot of control on the overall levels. As for the LED bulbs, people swear by the Comets - warm white or sunlight? I can't remember which. Someone will have the specifics on that. Maybe someday, when I'm old and no longer want to dig to replace those hard-to-reach bulbs, I'll finally settle for LED.

#7196 3 years ago

I used minis when I put LEDs in my Indy so it wasn’t too overwhelming and warm whites for GIs. White minis for multicolored inserts and slow changers in hand of fate inserts

#7197 3 years ago

The “missing lights" have been found

IMG_20201113_1802091 (resized).jpgIMG_20201113_1802091 (resized).jpg
#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Once upon a time, I converted my IJ to LEDs, and I HATED it. It was overly bright and sterile - it lost its warmth and life. I immediately swapped them back to incandescent - IJ just seems to need that natural filament glow, y'know?
That said - if you're going with LEDs, you need need need to get an LED OCD board. That will give you the natural fading back, and you have a lot of control on the overall levels. As for the LED bulbs, people swear by the Comets - warm white or sunlight? I can't remember which. Someone will have the specifics on that. Maybe someday, when I'm old and no longer want to dig to replace those hard-to-reach bulbs, I'll finally settle for LED.

With the sunlight color you get the best of both worlds.

A little warmth without being yellow, and the brightness you really need.

And of course manditory LED OCD.

The default is 85% brightness and is near perfect without doing any adjustments.

The end result is that it looks like it did brand new with all #44 bulbs.

A lot if people have never seen an IJ with #44 bulbs. Its super bright and glows with heat!

It was standard for operators to swap out all the #44 bulbs for #47 to protect the game from itself.

But its way dimmer, but also much cooler temperatures.

#7199 3 years ago

Thanks for your answers. LED OCD definitely sounds interesting, if a little pricey (especially if combined with the GI OCD board). Is GI OCD also recommended? There's not much dimming going on in the GI, but it might look too bright compared to the dimmed inserts. Also, can the remaining incandescents in the flashers be ignored?

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

Thanks for your answers. LED OCD definitely sounds interesting, if a little pricey (especially if combined with the GI OCD board). Is GI OCD also recommended? There's not much dimming going on in the GI, but it might look too bright compared to the dimmed inserts. Also, can the remaining incandescents in the flashers be ignored?

I always go total LED, using the 12v 5 LED flasher/towers for the #906 bulbs and 8 LED flashers for the #89 bulbs.

The GI OCD gives me control over the GI to dial it in if necessary, but ALWAYS get the LED OCD board. The brightness adjustment is one thing but the delay adjustment can be all the difference in the world.

Adding in LEDs without any sort of control system for them makes the game look harsh and unpleasant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,667 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.