IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 234.
#7051 3 years ago

Ricochet can you please add me to your mode scoop list as well? Thanks!

#7052 3 years ago

Had a little time today to finish up some mods!

018669F9-8B77-4A08-9295-87EFFA99264D (resized).jpeg018669F9-8B77-4A08-9295-87EFFA99264D (resized).jpegA0637CC7-1882-4794-A1DF-E0064A95A7D5 (resized).jpegA0637CC7-1882-4794-A1DF-E0064A95A7D5 (resized).jpegAEBE8EAB-CD0C-4685-8F1D-CDBCF5C8A22F (resized).jpegAEBE8EAB-CD0C-4685-8F1D-CDBCF5C8A22F (resized).jpegB8D0124A-9C82-4BF5-A84B-A6CA3613FC68 (resized).jpegB8D0124A-9C82-4BF5-A84B-A6CA3613FC68 (resized).jpegE93E7024-0D0C-4C4C-9C47-BDABE5D9DFD3 (resized).jpegE93E7024-0D0C-4C4C-9C47-BDABE5D9DFD3 (resized).jpeg
#7053 3 years ago

Just dialing it in...
Installed the missing factory light, added light to idol, changed the lane guides to yellow, changed the pop bumpers skirt base and caps , reconfigured the post colors in areas and added titan rubbers.

16031353351181194956922014565140 (resized).jpg16031353351181194956922014565140 (resized).jpg
#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just dialing it in...
Installed the missing factory light, added light to idol, changed the lane guides to yellow, changed the pop bumpers skirt base and caps , reconfigured the post colors in areas and added titan rubbers.
[quoted image]

I do like the idol light!

Is there a link to the mod?

#7055 3 years ago

For those of you who feel like tackling routing the jackpot awards on your speaker panel... here is a template. Its big so you will have to print it in chunks, use the vertical lines to align it and tape it together. Print to 100% scale (don't print to fit paper). This template was derived from my own personal speaker panel I got from Pinbits years ago.

Cut out the jackpot shapes from the template with an exacto knife. You can check it with your speaker artwork at this point to be certain the stencil cut-outs will align the artwork properly. Align the template with bottom edge and sides of the speaker panel. Tape it down and trace the cutouts. There are two holes that align with speaker posts on the right side of the template... If your speaker studs don't quite line up don't worry... the bottom edge and sides are the critical alignment here. Bear in mind there is extra material on the template so you may need to trim the template around the dot matrix display area because of the foam padding. The printed side of this template is the inside of panel... so pay attention to your polarity .... check, check and check again before you start to cut

Use a Dremel and maybe get yourself a needle file set to make it clean.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zuiFtOoG6lT2ezOpjWg1migzGicxaQQh/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy.

#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

For those of you who feel like tackling speaker jackpot routing... here is a template. Its big so you will have to print it in chunks and tape it together.
Cut out the jackpot shapes with an exacto knife, align with bottom edge and sides of the speaker panel. Tape it down and trace the cutouts. There are two holes that align with speaker posts on the right side of the template... If your panel doesn't quite line up don't worry... the bottom edge and sides are the critical alignment here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zuiFtOoG6lT2ezOpjWg1migzGicxaQQh/view?usp=sharing
Enjoy.

Wow! Thats really nice.

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is there a link to the mod?

I just bought the kit from comet...a couple 5 LED strips, and then tapped into a GI light....cheap and easy...looks great

#7058 3 years ago

Wow! Thats really nice.

Thanks

#7059 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Had a little time today to finish up some mods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The bamboo is a nice touch along with the rope on the bridge well done

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

For those of you who feel like tackling routing the jackpot awards on your speaker panel..

Thank you so much for this, already sent to my printer and he will CNC the panel ...

#7061 3 years ago

Is there a link to the mod

I used a 555 socket bent the tab so it's facing straight up and a 6 inch matrix connector , wired into the GI , was going to use strips however I didn't want the light to bleed from under

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thank you so much for this, already sent to my printer and he will CNC the panel ...

Glad to help... do a test cut first and check its alignment with your artwork. This is a copy of my speaker panel, its been checked with a test plot but I've never used it.

#7063 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This is a copy of my speaker panel, its been checked with a test plot but I've never used it.

Will do

#7064 3 years ago

Curious- What's the Davi back panel he made and produced last year?

#7065 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Curious- What's the Davi back panel he made and produced last year?

He made the speaker panel with the jackpot cut-outs. CNC cut... very nice.

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

He made the speaker panel with the jackpot cut-outs. CNC cut... very nice.

That’s where I got mine and it was perfect, maybe he can be talked into making some more, lol.

#7067 3 years ago

My idol won’t release all the balls during multi ball. It rotates and you can hear the hum like it wants to but doesn’t. Anyone have this issue?

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

My idol won’t release all the balls during multi ball. It rotates and you can hear the hum like it wants to but doesn’t. Anyone have this issue?

Check the connections to the rotor lock.

Check that it physically can move up and down.

Test it in solenoid tests with door closed.

Might just be the wire fell off.

#7069 3 years ago

Played tonight and frustratingly had like 5 SDTM coming down the right side (below the captive ball),sometimes 2 in a row off the plunge / ball save. I don’t recall this being the norm. Checked the leveling and unless my iphone came uncalibrated, it’s where it should be 6.1 and equal side to side.

Part 2 - going to order new rubber. Were the originals black post sleeves and flipper rubber, white rings?

#7070 3 years ago

Mine is very risky coming off the captive ball. Anyone know where it’s supposed to go?

#7071 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Mine is very risky coming off the captive ball. Anyone know where it’s supposed to go?

The blue lane is deadly.

Its supposed to be, at best it hits the tip of the right flipper.

Nudging is your friend here. Either nudge early when in the lane or nudge vigorously at the flipper.

The deadly blue lane is found on many games, most notably Diner, lol.

Remember, you get several tilt warnings, right?

I have my game set, up .1 degrees on the left side.

It makes for a slower return from the pops but a managable blue lane. lol.

I have also removed the mylar under the POA and made a new one that goes all the way to the pops mylar and fits exactly next to it. Its basically seamless to avoid the ball hangs on it.

Still however a low inertia ball can rest in the corner of the lower pop. It happens once in 100 games.

Ball search or nudging releases it.

#7072 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Played tonight and frustratingly had like 5 SDTM coming down the right side (below the captive ball),sometimes 2 in a row off the plunge / ball save. I don’t recall this being the norm. Checked the leveling and unless my iphone came uncalibrated, it’s where it should be 6.1 and equal side to side.
Part 2 - going to order new rubber. Were the originals black post sleeves and flipper rubber, white rings?

phone levelers are notorious for being way wrong.

get a digital torpedo level cheap off of amazon or maybe the craftsman one on sale.

#7073 3 years ago

I have my game set, up .1 degrees on the left side.
It makes for a slower return from the pops but a managable blue lane. lol.

I inadvertently did this on my IJ and kept it, it is a good trade-off. Mine is still showing the bubble in the center but SLIGHTLY more up on the left side, and I mean like a hair or two. The slow roll down from the captive ball after a direct hit most of the time will drop just far enough to the right to keep it in play with the right flipper.

#7074 3 years ago

Finally got the Billion-point bonus! I had been as close as 3 shots away. Finally got the third trip up the POA after the eternal life shut off. What a cool experience! This game rocks once you get it dialed in with the mode hole and POA.

BC8FCAC6-F41A-45BF-B0C5-10B9F329E09B (resized).jpegBC8FCAC6-F41A-45BF-B0C5-10B9F329E09B (resized).jpeg
#7076 3 years ago

My first official batch of non-prototype material came in today !!!!

Time to get busy!

35675E2A-83E5-449B-B4EF-01A036C5CB91 (resized).jpeg35675E2A-83E5-449B-B4EF-01A036C5CB91 (resized).jpeg
#7077 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

My first official batch of non-prototype material came in today !!!!
Time to get busy!

Awesome. Do you bend all these yourself by hand? Is this the batch for final testing or is this the final production version?

#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Awesome. Do you bend all these yourself by hand? Is this the batch for final testing or is this the final production version?

I’ve a bending jig I made.

A few will go out to my early birds but I’m not seeing a need for any more changes.

Just didn’t want to dump the bucks into the big order until I felt completely confident.

I’m ready to place the big order !

I know it’s taking forever ... I appreciate you all hanging in there. I’m testing the snot out of it ... making sure all the bends are consistent and it behaves consistently.

It’s a “free time” gig.
48D73462-C8AC-44DF-8C37-DC2B2CABF762 (resized).jpeg48D73462-C8AC-44DF-8C37-DC2B2CABF762 (resized).jpeg

#7079 3 years ago

I am so excited about getting one for my IJ. The work you have done on this is amazing

#7082 3 years ago

Unneeded mods

1) Willie figurine with led
2) Indy in mine cart
3) rotating boulder and Indy figurine
Any body intetested PM me

16033792598711626322932232634346 (resized).jpg16033792598711626322932232634346 (resized).jpg
#7083 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve a bending jig I made.

Post a pic of jig 'cos if it's anything like the "state of the art" deflectors it makes it'll be a thing of beauty .. actually a video of the jig in action (if possible) would be pretty cool

#7084 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Post a pic of jig 'cos if it's anything like the "state of the art" deflectors it makes it'll be a thing of beauty .. actually a video of the jig in action (if possible) would be pretty cool

It’s not that impressive... but I will once I start making a hundred of these buggers.

#7085 3 years ago

Do you think you could do a modified version for other pins. My Lethal Weapon 3 has the same problem on the mode start shot? The shot to the "lethal weapon 3" kickout hole, as it only holds the ball 25-30% of the time.

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Do you think you could do a modified version for other pins. My Lethal Weapon 3 has the same problem on the mode start shot? The shot to the "lethal weapon 3" kickout hole, as it only holds the ball 25-30% of the time.

I may... my biggest issue would be access to the game. This one for Indy was very tricky to get the fit right ... it took me a few tries. Not to mention there was at least 6 different designs tried, each one more complicated than its predecessor. I was hoping for an ultra simple fix ... but that didn’t pan out. In the end the solution presents itself through trial and error ... so having access to the machine is key. I’ve learned a ton with this one though.

#7087 3 years ago

Anybody know what this is, found it in laying in the cabinet. May be a spare of whatever it is.

It’s got a couple optos on it.

9D78F706-B4DE-4C95-8E59-465C25DFE00A (resized).jpeg9D78F706-B4DE-4C95-8E59-465C25DFE00A (resized).jpeg
#7088 3 years ago

I think that’s a flipper button board?

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody know what this is, found it in laying in the cabinet. May be a spare of whatever it is.
It’s got a couple optos on it.
[quoted image]

Quoted from paynemic:

Yes this is the opto board and interrupter for a flipper button.

C4344129-86BA-4908-B720-16FD1550B900 (resized).jpegC4344129-86BA-4908-B720-16FD1550B900 (resized).jpeg
#7090 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think you’re right. One more. Didn’t think to ask before I got the ramps and glass back on, ugh, but maybe this is visible. I just replaced rubbers, ordered everything in the manual (which left out some post rubbers, same with the Titan kit, but I had extras), and I got to the part under the POA playfield. I removed the previous rubber which was a single (I believe 2”) on 4 posts, and all I had left was 2 1-1/4” rings, so I installed (one ring per two posts) and it seems how it’s supposed to be. Not clear to me in the manual if it’s supposed to be one big one or two small ones. Pic attached with rings circled, again sorry should have done before reinstalling ramps, sort of hard to see.

Game plays great with new Titan rubber, also adjusted the pop numbers to be sensitive, feels like a crisp new machine.

D8FE2051-72F6-4B2D-8ECD-7B0D2F900BAF (resized).jpegD8FE2051-72F6-4B2D-8ECD-7B0D2F900BAF (resized).jpeg
#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I think you’re right. One more. Didn’t think to ask before I got the ramps and glass back on, ugh, but maybe this is visible. I just replaced rubbers, ordered everything in the manual (which left out some post rubbers, same with the Titan kit, but I had extras), and I got to the part under the POA playfield. I removed the previous rubber which was a single (I believe 2”) on 4 posts, and all I had left was 2 1-1/4” rings, so I installed (one ring per two posts) and it seems how it’s supposed to be. Not clear to me in the manual if it’s supposed to be one big one or two small ones. Pic attached with rings circled, again sorry should have done before reinstalling ramps, sort of hard to see.
Game plays great with new Titan rubber, also adjusted the pop numbers to be sensitive, feels like a crisp new machine.
[quoted image]

470ED196-5556-402F-A7FD-E4992F59484E (resized).jpeg470ED196-5556-402F-A7FD-E4992F59484E (resized).jpeg
#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

[quoted image]

Thank you so it’s right now, whoever did it last time used the wrong one (although it seemed to not make a huge difference).

#7093 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

This is my "corrected" rubber page from the manual. Note that Williams had the number of parts listed correctly, but had missed a couple things in the diagram.

Item B is a single 7/16" outer diameter bumper ring. Item I is two 7/16" inner diameter rings, one of which is near the lower pop bumber, and the other one is by the last chance gate, and is NOT labelled in the official diagram.

The rings you're talking about are correctly labeled - there are three 3/4" rings under the left ramp (@ricochet's post shows them really clearly), and there are five total of that size on the machine.

20201024_194327 (resized).jpg20201024_194327 (resized).jpg
#7094 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

This is my "corrected" rubber page from the manual. Note that Williams had the number of parts listed correctly, but had missed a couple things in the diagram.
Item B is a single 7/16" outer diameter bumper ring. Item I is two 7/16" inner diameter rings, one of which is near the lower pop bumber, and the other one is by the last chance gate, and is NOT labelled in the official diagram.
The rings you're talking about are correctly labeled - there are three 3/4" rings under the left ramp (ricochet's post shows them really clearly), and there are five total of that size on the machine.
[quoted image]

That diagram is helpful. Where you have “I” hand drawn in (on the right lanes) I put two 3/16” (one on each post). Game had two there when I got it which was obviously wrong (but works), easy fix though.

Thank you!

#7095 3 years ago

I just joined the IJ club today!!!!!! It's a project, dirty cabinet, playfield looks good, should clean up nice.....I hope.

IMG_1534 (resized).jpegIMG_1534 (resized).jpegIMG_1535 (resized).jpegIMG_1535 (resized).jpegIMG_1536 (resized).jpegIMG_1536 (resized).jpeg
#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I just joined the IJ club today!!!!!! It's a project, dirty cabinet, playfield looks good, should clean up nice.....I hope.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!! It looks really nice !

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

The rings you're talking about are correctly labeled - there are three 3/4" rings under the left ramp (ricochet's post shows them really clearly), and there are five total of that size on the machine.
[quoted image]

item "E" 3 1/2" rubber ring should be a 4"

3 1/2" is too tight and breaks easier.

#7099 3 years ago

Thanks! I've never had a problem with it, but I'll make a note of it for next time.

#7100 3 years ago

3 1/2” was certainly a pain in the @ss to get installed (did it by just lifting plastic). Will order 4” next time!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 85.00
Wanted
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/142?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.