IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 234.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That looks legit.

Thanks... its about to get real... once these things make their way into more machines! I'm pleased with the final design.

#6852 3 years ago

Ricochet... I'm in for your deflector.

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How did KF light the idol?? Any pics or post links??
My KF planes are inbound, so might be time for a few enhancements ... oh and ricochet's deflector hopefully soon as well (Christmas is coming early)

I’ll take a few pics soon

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Ricochet... I'm in for your deflector.
Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

Yup I got ya on the list!

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Put some lighting under the idol , should look pretty good when all the pieces are back together.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, looks great.

#6856 3 years ago

Ricochet Please put me on the list for deflector as well

#6857 3 years ago

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

You are already in the first group

#6859 3 years ago

Ricochet, please put me on your list too.

QSS

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Did I miss the wheel of names spin?

Nope

I’ll let everyone know when I run that

#6862 3 years ago

Still having trouble with F116 blowing. I think it may be tied to the POA. In test mode, the POA works fine, and it usually works well for one pass during a game. After that, it goes dead, leans all the way to the right, and the roll-over switches do not register. I bought a new motor from Marcos, but have not yet tried to replace it. I have also ordered a new board for the POA. The fuse will usually hold for one power-on cycle, but if I turn the game off and back on again, the fuse blows. The idol motor may also be the culprit. Any other thoughts?

#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomanimdave:

Still having trouble with F116 blowing. I think it may be tied to the POA. In test mode, the POA works fine, and it usually works well for one pass during a game. After that, it goes dead, leans all the way to the right, and the roll-over switches do not register. I bought a new motor from Marcos, but have not yet tried to replace it. I have also ordered a new board for the POA. The fuse will usually hold for one power-on cycle, but if I turn the game off and back on again, the fuse blows. The idol motor may also be the culprit. Any other thoughts?

Replace the motor and board, see if it fixes it,

Its about a 20 min fix if you've done it before.

#6864 3 years ago

You can put me on the current or your next list too Ricochet Will be doing my swap sometime in the coming months.

#6865 3 years ago

#6866 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

You are already there

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Done

#6868 3 years ago

Deflector update...

I was able to make the pre-production batch. I've to tweak the lid a bit. This stuff is a bit tricky to deal with because I want to make sure I have enough margin for slight variances. There is a potential for problem with the ramp optic ... I need to open up the margin there.

Also... wife had knee surgery yesterday. I'm able to get my designs tweaked but my trip to the post office is delayed.

Thanks for your patience.

PS. I can say I am DONE with scoop tweaks. Capture curve and feeder tabs are where they need to be. It’s a pretty complex piece. Drawing something in 2D and fabricating it to a 3D piece (especially with compound angles) is an exercise for the brain. I’m a software engineer by day... mechanical/CAD hacker at night and I am learning that I am only OK at the latter

2EF675A1-A3A7-498F-81E5-3253403165C6 (resized).jpeg2EF675A1-A3A7-498F-81E5-3253403165C6 (resized).jpegC1215D19-850D-4C76-9D95-1B47EB38D120 (resized).jpegC1215D19-850D-4C76-9D95-1B47EB38D120 (resized).jpegF56DA647-A0B8-4135-9293-10D5368ED349 (resized).jpegF56DA647-A0B8-4135-9293-10D5368ED349 (resized).jpeg

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Deflector update...
I was able to make the pre-production batch. I've to tweak the lid a bit. This stuff is a bit tricky to deal with because I want to make sure I have enough margin for slight variances. There is a potential for problem with the ramp optic ... I need to open up the margin there.
Also... wife had knee surgery yesterday. I'm able to get my designs tweaked but my trip to the post office is delayed.
PS. I can say I am DONE with scoop tweaks. Capture curve and feeder tabs are where they need to be. It’s a pretty complex piece. Drawing something in 2D and fabricating it to a 3D piece (especially with compound angles) is an exercise for the brain. I’m a software engineer by day... mechanical/CAD hacker at night and I am learning that I am only OK at the latter

well done

#6870 3 years ago

I know no one cares, but IJ is my first foray into pinball. After a month I FINALLY knocked off one of the default high scores. Some of the shots seem so hard for me, especially the right ramp and the mode start (ball pops out often). Also a lot of SDTM after plunging. The game is super fun though.

How would you guys compare a game like IJ to newer games like JP2? I'm curious how different gameplay is.

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I know no one cares, but IJ is my first foray into pinball. After a month I FINALLY knocked off one of the default high scores. Some of the shots seem so hard for me, especially the right ramp and the mode start (ball pops out often). Also a lot of SDTM after plunging. The game is super fun though.
How would you guys compare a game like IJ to newer games like JP2? I'm curious how different gameplay is.

IJ is one of the best games of all time if you get the game dialed in correctly. Its critical that the mode start works properly and that your POA works as designed. Both these areas are problematic on IJ. For the mode start hole get on the list to pick up the new deflector as it works great, and changes the game experience dramatically. The POA is an entirely different animal, but most of the issues are with the opto board, and motor.....IJ also has steep ramps so make sure your game is set at the right level and that your flippers are strong enough

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

It really does hold its own for how old it is, and I have mine sitting next to a JP2, AIQ LE, JJPOTC, MMr, AFMr, and Addams Family (which also holds its own as a great shooter, shallow rules). The first three in that list have a deeper ruleset (do this, do that, then this, etc), but IJ is pretty damn perfect. My IJ is pretty new to me, but so far love it.

#6873 3 years ago

Took my new Indy apart for a deep cleaning. Reassembled now. Only two issues:

Tank chase and left ramp insert lamps not working. (I reflowed they and it worked for 5 minutes but then stopped)

Trough ejects two balls when there are two balls already in the idol.

Any ideas?

#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

It really does hold its own for how old it is, and I have mine sitting next to a JP2, AIQ LE, JJPOTC, MMr, AFMr, and Addams Family (which also holds its own as a great shooter, shallow rules). The first three in that list have a deeper ruleset (do this, do that, then this, etc), but IJ is pretty damn perfect. My IJ is pretty new to me, but so far love it.

I have many of the same games with very deep rule sets. I think the beauty of games like IJ, MM, AFM, TAF are they are very approachable with rule sets that are really easy to digest quickly, yet the games are not easy to beat. The newer games i.e. POTC, WW have rule sets that take a long time to fully understand let a lone explain to guests who have never played. I'm still trying to fully understand WW.....u really need a color dmd, and pin sound to add to the IJ experience

#6875 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Deflector update...

Holy complicated metal bending! A hard 3D printed plastic wouldn’t do? You are something else, Ricochet!

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Holy complicated metal bending! A hard 3D printed plastic wouldn’t do? You are something else, Ricochet!

wouldn't take the punishment ....trust me this is what u want on your game...changes the entire game experience

#6877 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have many of the same games with very deep rule sets. I think the beauty of games like IJ, MM, AFM, TAF are they are very approachable with rule sets that are really easy to digest quickly, yet the games are not easy to beat. The newer games i.e. POTC, WW have rule sets that take a long time to fully understand let a lone explain to guests who have never played. I'm still trying to fully understand WW.....u really need a color dmd, and pin sound to add to the IJ experience

Totally agree and even when you know the rule set, sometimes I just don’t want to think that hard!

I’ve got a color DMD, is the pinsound worth it on IJ? To improve the sounds or add your own?

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Totally agree and even when you know the rule set, sometimes I just don’t want to think that hard!
I’ve got a color DMD, is the pinsound worth it on IJ? To improve the sounds or add your own?

Night and day difference in sound quality. PinSound board + pin woofer speakers...search this forum for others opinions...

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Pinsound, flipper fidelity speakers and the pinsound shaker.

If you dont have it already, LEDOCD and GIOCD.

#6880 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinsound, flipper fidelity speakers and the pinsound shaker.
If you dont have it already, LEDOCD and GIOCD.

I haven't tried the pinSound shaker yet....are u happy with it?

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Butting in here ...

Default shakerizations for Indy are too aggressive IMHO.

The suck of how they implemented it is that you basically can’t customize the PinSound shakerizations. As soon as you touch it... you loose all of the PinSound shakerizations and you have to start from scratch. It just needs a few tweaks to make it better. Like removing shake on the pops... and dialing back the intensity here and there.

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Start with a Pinsound / good quality speaker set combo. You will realize quickly that no need to add any other amplifier or shaker...

#6883 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Butting in here ...
Default shakerizations for Indy are too aggressive IMHO.
The suck of how they implemented it is that you basically can’t customize the PinSound shakerizations. As soon as you touch it... you loose all of the PinSound shakerizations and you have to start from scratch. It just needs a few tweaks to make it better. Like removing shake on the pops... and dialing back the intensity here and there.

Thanks for the input....so in your opinion its not worth it? This was the last upgrade I was considering for my IJ

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for the input....so in your opinion its not worth it? This was the last upgrade I was considering for my IJ

I’m on the fence with it for Indy. I’m going to take the time and do my own shakerizations for my Indy (once I get done with other things). PinSound with sub adds a ton of great effect on its own.

I’m kind of picky ... I think if people don’t mind an aggressive shaker they will really like it. You can adjust it with the switch on the PCB but it adjusts the overall intensity for the motor.

#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I like the pinsound shaker. I really like it.

I agree, early on it needed work, but they have had several updates for it.

Current firmware is very good in my opinion!

But it could always be better lol, like anything else.

Im liking what they have so far.

#6886 3 years ago

Hey! I am thinking of creating a new cabinet design for Indiana Jones. I am an artist and was thinking of doing something really unique. Using a similar style to the famous Cosmo cabinet. I am going to cover the entire cabinet with wood, and paint a unique design while using accent pieces from the original trilogy such as the whip, relics, bamboo, thatch, and etc.

My question is, my cabinet art on one side is VERY faded and even has a few scratches. The other side has slightly below average fade. Is it worth "saving" the cabinet for a future potential sale or should I simply create this design around the original cabinet. This would likely mean the original cabinet might be painted, have glue marks, holes, etc.

Just trying to decide if it's worth building a fresh new cabinet (like this) or simply using the existing cabinet which would totally destroy the existing art. (which would need fresh decals anyway)

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 9.39.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 9.39.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.37.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.37.38 PM (resized).png
#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

Hey! I am thinking of creating a new cabinet design for Indiana Jones. I am an artist and was thinking of doing something really unique. Using a similar style to the famous Cosmo cabinet. I am going to cover the entire cabinet with wood, and paint a unique design while using accent pieces from the original trilogy such as the whip, relics, bamboo, thatch, and etc.
My question is, my cabinet art on one side is VERY faded and even has a few scratches. The other side has slightly below average fade. Is it worth "saving" the cabinet for a future potential sale or should I simply create this design around the original cabinet. This would likely mean the original cabinet might be painted, have glue marks, holes, etc.
Just trying to decide if it's worth building a fresh new cabinet (like this) or simply using the existing cabinet which would totally destroy the existing art. (which would need fresh decals anyway)
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Neat idea! I think there's a lot of potential there. IMO, there's no resale value in the old artwork if it's truly as badly scratched and faded as you say. Any new owner would just replace them with new decals or Radcals anyway.

Curious, though...you called the old Disneyland IJ cabinet design "the famous Cosmo cabinet." Where does that name come from? I love that machine, but I've never heard it called that before, and a Google search turned up nothing.

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Neat idea! I think there's a lot of potential there. IMO, there's no resale value in the old artwork if it's truly as badly scratched and faded as you say. Any new owner would just replace them with new decals or Radcals anyway.
Curious, though...you called the old Disneyland IJ cabinet design "the famous Cosmo cabinet." Where does that name come from? I love that machine, but I've never heard it called that before, and a Google search turned up nothing.

Sorry I must have gotten the names mixed up of where I saw it first. But here is a whole thread dedicated to it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ever-try-to-redo-a-ij-like-the-one-disney-has

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like the pinsound shaker. I really like it.
I agree, early on it needed work, but they have had several updates for it.
Current firmware is very good in my opinion!
But it could always be better lol, like anything else.
Im liking what they have so far.

I'll second that. The addition of the shaker for me and the ability to create my own custom shaker profile is icing on the cake, after the pinsound (major) improvement. When getting a jackpot, the explosion with the shaker kicking in or the multiball as it shakes during the DMD scene of the rolling boulder chase really adds to the game overall. I recently acquired a TOTAN and playing IJ and jumping over to Tales, I miss the shaker experience. I will be adding the Pinsound / shaker to the TOTAN also.

#6890 3 years ago

Did anyone did the endproduct version with shaker? I have done my own version, but like to try others.

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did anyone did the endproduct version with shaker? I have done my own version, but like to try others.

I also have pinsound and a shaker for my funhouse, TAF and DW.

Completely modernizes and changes the games.

#6892 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I kind of assumed everyone who has PinSound was using the endprodukt mix. I've never heard anyone talk about anything else.

That said, I don't have it. I've never bothered with PinSound because I really like the original music and callouts.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Took my new Indy apart for a deep cleaning. Reassembled now. Only two issues:
Tank chase and left ramp insert lamps not working. (I reflowed they and it worked for 5 minutes but then stopped)
Trough ejects two balls when there are two balls already in the idol.
Any ideas?

Trough ejecting two balls is most likely caused by flakey optos on the ball trough opto boards. I like to pull the 6 balls out and pull up the Switch Edges test. With the balls out, all of column eight, except the very bottom “shooter” switch should be squares (open), not dots (closed).

As for the insert lamps, assuming bulbs are good and are the correct lamps, have you tried swapping wedge sockets to another position? The socket “ears” may need adjusting.

#6894 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I kind of assumed everyone who has PinSound was using the endprodukt mix. I've never heard anyone talk about anything else.
That said, I don't have it. I've never bothered with PinSound because I really like the original music and callouts.

I like it because of slightly better sound with EQ and subwoofer controls. Regardless of the mix you want.

Plus, i love the shaker!

#6895 3 years ago

The sound is so much better, and the original theme music.....whoaw. Never went back to that old one. There are several mixes, also a movie mix, which is also very good. Trust me we had top men on this.

#6896 3 years ago

Anyone have a part number handy for the missing bulb socket to the right of the Y lane?

I’m going to install when I swap over to LED.

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The sound is so much better, and the original theme music.....whoaw. Never went back to that old one. There are several mixes, also a movie mix, which is also very good. Trust me we had top men on this.

TOP... MEN...

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have a part number handy for the missing bulb socket to the right of the Y lane?
I’m going to install when I swap over to LED.

http://www.pbresource.com/sockets.html
A11905.

#6899 3 years ago

i love shakers. didnt like it on my INDY...removed

#6900 3 years ago

Glad I asked, I was assuming a-16739. For some reason my manual doesn’t depict any of the rollover lane lights.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,500 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,419.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.