IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 234.
#6801 3 years ago

Late to the club.
Making some new Indy mods’
Anyone interested in a set of custom wood rails for POA. pm me.

54DDB736-6377-4450-B39E-0EE8DADBD08B (resized).jpeg54DDB736-6377-4450-B39E-0EE8DADBD08B (resized).jpeg874438C6-9BE9-4932-9D08-19B45431C2C7 (resized).jpeg874438C6-9BE9-4932-9D08-19B45431C2C7 (resized).jpegE66DCC76-3B5A-4A9A-BBFE-F73E486BF1D6 (resized).jpegE66DCC76-3B5A-4A9A-BBFE-F73E486BF1D6 (resized).jpeg
#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Making some new Indy mods

They look great... good job
What type of wood are you making these from ?

#6803 3 years ago

Late to the club.
Making some new Indy mods’
Anyone interested in a set of custom wood rails for POA. pm me.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work....how are u planning to finish them?

#6804 3 years ago

Thank you.

First 2 sets are made from Rubber wood. And we used a simple WATCO wipe on Polycoat.

#6805 3 years ago

Experimenting with some bamboo...

322B5576-BEBE-4DC9-98C9-0C4C0F47B05C (resized).jpeg322B5576-BEBE-4DC9-98C9-0C4C0F47B05C (resized).jpeg
#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice work....how are u planning to finish them?

80EE8447-05A5-4821-BFA7-475D2736D22C (resized).jpeg80EE8447-05A5-4821-BFA7-475D2736D22C (resized).jpegC4034B37-DB60-4D99-AB10-523C360CF356 (resized).jpegC4034B37-DB60-4D99-AB10-523C360CF356 (resized).jpeg
#6807 3 years ago

Experimenting with some bamboo...[quoted image]

clever .... be nice if u could match the bamboo look on the POA rails...maybe a burn technique?

#6808 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

clever .... be nice if u could match the bamboo look on the POA rails...maybe a burn technique?

Good idea! Probably

#6809 3 years ago

Off the plunge, I’m getting about 90% (maybe more) through the I lane (of the INDY at the top). Table is level (at least in the middle). Is this normal behavior or should I dig deeper and get under the machine and raise the rear left or lower the rear right?

#6810 3 years ago

Can I get some help with something? What type of screws (length/size) are used to screw the back rope bridge assembly to the back wall of the playfield? I misplaced mine during cleaning and can’t find them anywhere.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Off the plunge, I’m getting about 90% (maybe more) through the I lane (of the INDY at the top). Table is level (at least in the middle). Is this normal behavior or should I dig deeper and get under the machine and raise the rear left or lower the rear right?

I've found IJ to quite often get the same letter - typically either the far left or far right. I think the reason is that the plunger is activated by a coil so will fire with the same power ever time. Using flippers to scroll the roll-overs eliminates this from being an issue

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Probably need to bump the table to get it to change. I've found that my trigger coil is all over the map, which is probably a good thing.

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Probably need to bump the table to get it to change. I've found that my trigger coil is all over the map, which is probably a good thing.

Mine was too.

I just replaced the entire mech $39

Now its solid and perfect.

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Can I get some help with something? What type of screws (length/size) are used to screw the back rope bridge assembly to the back wall of the playfield? I misplaced mine during cleaning and can’t find them anywhere.

They look like 8-32 × 5/8" or 3/4" hex head machine screws.

Originally they are SEMS screws with the integrated star washer.

Just add an external star washer to a regular machine screw.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Set the game pitch to 6 or 6.1 degrees average.

I think 6.5 is too much, the ramps are very steep.

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine was too.
I just replaced the entire mech $39
Now its solid and perfect.

Set the game pitch to 6 or 6.1 degrees average.
I think 6.5 is too much, the ramps are very steep.

True on the steep ramps....I have mine at 6.5....If I lowered I'm sure game play would be easier (especially the POA)

#6817 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

True on the steep ramps....I have mine at 6.5....If I lowered I'm sure game play would be easier (especially the POA)

Ive set mine all over the place.

Long games suffer from flipper fatigue etc.

6 degrees is just about right for this game, even 6.1 is a stretch.

#6818 3 years ago

I've never gone below 6.5...I did have my game at 7, and then 6.8, and now at 6.5....theres so many things that get affected i.e. POA performance, mode hole performance, etc...Can u back hand ramps at 6 degrees? That would be a nice option

#6819 3 years ago

Experimenting with some bamboo...[quoted image]

Love the bamboo idea!

#6820 3 years ago

They look like 8-32 × 5/8" or 3/4" hex head machine screws.
Originally they are SEMS screws with the integrated star washer.
Just add an external star washer to a regular machine screw.

Yup they are 3/4”

#6821 3 years ago

from my left flipper I can't backhand the left ramp...its close...I get about 80-90% of the way, but just not quite there....I wonder if u can get there at 6 degrees. Also what coils are u using in your flipper coils? I think mine are 29's?

#6822 3 years ago

When are the mode hole scoops going to be ready?

#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've found IJ to quite often get the same letter - typically either the far left or far right. I think the reason is that the plunger is activated by a coil so will fire with the same power ever time. Using flippers to scroll the roll-overs eliminates this from being an issue

No worries on moving the flippers to “unlight” it, makes it easier to get the Indy. Just wondering how much variation you all saw. That makes sense that the plunge is consistent so it will do the same thing.

Thanks!!

#6824 3 years ago

Interesting I’ve been playing 6.5, ramps are steep so I get a lot of roll backs, just figured I needed the perfect shot (and even then it barely eeks over the crest of the right ramp).

Good info, I’ll dial it down.

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When are the mode hole scoops going to be ready?

I’m still waiting for my first batch from the laser cutter. I expect them Tuesday. I will send them out Wed. I will start to load inventory by Friday.

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m still waiting for my first batch from the laser cutter. I expect them Tuesday. I will send them out Wed. I will start to load inventory by Friday.

Id like to try one of these please. Add me to your list.

#6827 3 years ago

Id like to try one of these please. Add me to your list.

you won't be disappointed....it works great

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

from my left flipper I can't backhand the left ramp...its close...I get about 80-90% of the way, but just not quite there....I wonder if u can get there at 6 degrees. Also what coils are u using in your flipper coils? I think mine are 29's?

Standard coils, yes on a good day one can backhand the left ramp.

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've never gone below 6.5...I did have my game at 7, and then 6.8, and now at 6.5....theres so many things that get affected i.e. POA performance, mode hole performance, etc...Can u back hand ramps at 6 degrees? That would be a nice option

Everything gets aligned and starts to work right at 6 degrees.

The game has wonderful flow.

#6830 3 years ago

Put some lighting under the idol , should look pretty good when all the pieces are back together.

IMG_20201005_1214093 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1214093 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1159274 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1159274 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1157224 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1157224 (resized).jpg
#6831 3 years ago

Also installed the light missing for the ball guide lane to the right of the "Y" in Indy...
The playfield underside was dimpled where the light was supposed to be however not installed. Mabe this was just overlooked in my game?

IMG_20201005_1047306 (resized).jpgIMG_20201005_1047306 (resized).jpg
#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Also installed the light missing for the ball guide lane to the right of the "Y" in Indy...
The playfield underside was dimpled where the light was supposed to be however not installed. Mabe this was just overlooked in my game?
[quoted image]

No its left off on all production games.

I also intend to add it on during my restore. Its a great idea!

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Put some lighting under the idol , should look pretty good when all the pieces are back together.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great!

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

[quoted image]

Thats interesting. I thought all games had this light? Mine has it, but its a sample game. I lite my idol as well (the way I did it was Korns idea)....it looks great

#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats interesting. I thought all games had this light? Mine has it, but its a sample game. I lite my idol as well (the way I did it was Korns idea)....it looks great

The light to the right of INDY is missing on production games.

I sold my sample to @flipper_mcgavin. It had it as well as jackpot lights etc...

He's doing an amazing restore on that game!

Pretty easy to add back in...

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Haven’t checked this thread in over a week... looks like I missed the deadline for the list. If so, please add me to the second list or I’ll just keep an eye out for your store inventory. Either way, mod looks to be a success.

#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How did KF light the idol?? Any pics or post links??

My KF planes are inbound, so might be time for a few enhancements ... oh and @ricochet's deflector hopefully soon as well (Christmas is coming early)

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Haven’t checked this thread in over a week... looks like I missed the deadline for the list. If so, please add me to the second list or I’ll just keep an eye out for your store inventory. Either way, mod looks to be a success.

I've got you on the list... It is officially closed right now. What closed means is that this is the list where I will draw from for the first 8 promotional offering.

Just a reminder for the first 8... if you don't intent on installing it right away and using it... I will ask that you give that option to someone who will be. The entire reason for the pre-sale is so that it gets used and people can get feedback to me and others who are interested.

I will continue to keep a list of interested to drive inventory.

In the near future, anyone will be able to purchase the deflector here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1281-pin-ups

#6839 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How did KF light the idol?? Any pics or post links??
My KF planes are inbound, so might be time for a few enhancements ... oh and ricochet's deflector hopefully soon as well (Christmas is coming early)

Installed 2 Amber LED strips on both sides of the idol....gives a great lighting affect....

IMG_3549 2 (resized).jpgIMG_3549 2 (resized).jpg
#6840 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Installed 2 Amber LED strips on both sides of the idol....gives a great lighting affect....[quoted image]

I must admit... I'm not much into aesthetic changes to Indy playfield decorum... but the combination of that idol and ruins looks pretty darned good (even if it is sideways ).

#6841 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I must admit... I'm not much into aesthetic changes to Indy playfield decorum... but the combination of that idol and ruins looks pretty darned good (even if it is sideways ).

sorry about that...deflector performance still going strong I finally beat my MMRLE game the other day so now back to my IJ. I'm not sure its possible to beat IJ? is completing the game when u collect all the modes and trying to collect the 1 Billion prize? I've gotten there twice and wasn't close to hitting every shot. The challenge is the POA....

#6842 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

sorry about that...deflector performance still going strong I finally beat my MMRLE game the other day so now back to my IJ. I'm not sure its possible to beat IJ? is completing the game when u collect all the modes and trying to collect the 1 Billion prize? I've gotten there twice and wasn't close to hitting every shot. The challenge is the POA....

Deflector pre-production material arrives today!

I've never beat Indy... probably because I spend far too much time tweaking and making crap for it.

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not sure its possible to beat IJ? is completing the game when u collect all the modes and trying to collect the 1 Billion prize? I've gotten there twice and wasn't close to hitting every shot. The challenge is the POA....

I've been playing IJ a lot lately trying to get better. I've had it since the beginning of the pandemic and it took me a month to wipe out the computer from the top 5 scores. This game is quite a grind, but in a fun way. I am slowly getting better and better, but have a long way to go. Scored ~875m last week and am averaging higher scores each round. My machine is super dialed in at 6.5 degrees (only missing Lao's Antidote)...I really hope to see Wizard Mode before the end of the year.

I have played a lot of games, and the wide range of skill levels that IJ caters to is incredible. The game was fun when I didn't know anything, it was fun when I thought I knew everything, and it's still fun today with all my strategies.

#6844 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I've been playing IJ a lot lately trying to get better. I've had it since the beginning of the pandemic and it took me a month to wipe out the computer from the top 5 scores. This game is quite a grind, but in a fun way. I am slowly getting better and better, but have a long way to go. Scored ~875m last week and am averaging higher scores each round. My machine is super dialed in at 6.5 degrees (only missing Lao's Antidote)...I really hope to see Wizard Mode before the end of the year.
I have played a lot of games, and the wide range of skill levels that IJ caters to is incredible. The game was fun when I didn't know anything, it was fun when I thought I knew everything, and it's still fun today with all my strategies.

Once I installed the new deflector it was a game changer to me. Prior to that I would get so many drop outs from the deflector I ignored modes and would go for jackpots instead. Now that I have the new deflector its completely changed the game play experience. Now I purposely go for modes, which completely changes the game play experience. Its really a game changer.

#6845 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Once I installed the new deflector it was a game changer to me. Prior to that I would get so many drop outs from the deflector I ignored modes and would go for jackpots instead. Now that I have the new deflector its completely changed the game play experience. Now I purposely go for modes, which completely changes the game play experience. Its really a game changer.

Actually I have a mode start fix I deploy which gives me about a 80-90% stick rate at the moment. Lao's Antidote will give me my thud and the remaining 10-20%.

At first I was all mode start...thinking that was the best way to grind out points. What was happening was I was taking too many high risk shots towards the mode hole and since I wasn't the best with my shots I would hit a post and get a drain quite a bit. Now what I do is every shot is calculated. For example, ball coming mid-speed down the right in-lane with ball lock open on just the right side and well of souls + hand of fate is the mode option = take a risk and go for the mode hole.

Strategies will only get me so far...practice and consistent shot accuracy will get me to the wizard mode!

#6846 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Actually I have a mode start fix I deploy which gives me about a 80-90% stick rate at the moment. Lao's Antidote will give me my thud and the remaining 10-20%.
At first I was all mode start...thinking that was the best way to grind out points. What was happening was I was taking too many high risk shots towards the mode hole and since I wasn't the best with my shots I would hit a post and get a drain quite a bit. Now what I do is every shot is calculated. For example, ball coming mid-speed down the right in-lane with ball lock open on just the right side and well of souls + hand of fate is the mode option = take a risk and go for the mode hole.
Strategies will only get me so far...practice and consistent shot accuracy will get me to the wizard mode!

Sounds like your on the right track I know a lot of people removed the factory deflector and replaced it with foam so the mode hole shot was reliable. I prefer the "thud" sound as well. The challenge has always been from the right flipper. The new deflector solves that problem.

#6847 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sounds like your on the right track I know a lot of people removed the factory deflector and replaced it with foam so the mode hole shot was reliable. I prefer the "thud" sound as well. The challenge has always been from the right flipper. The new deflector solves that problem.

I actually am using a Ricochet proto....the Z-flector + Pad on the plastic as a temporary solution until I have Lao's Antidote in hand. Less thud, but the pad lasts 10X longer than my previous fix of moving the original deflector back and raising it up slightly.

This is all moot once the Antidote is available.

#6848 3 years ago

Here it is ... Just need to do a final fit and test.

I wanted to make sure it was in fact a full protector and add rear re-enforcement.

You essentially have a steel cage. You wanted clank ... you got clank!

08A33EA8-30BA-4675-AC50-0EDBDEF3193E (resized).jpeg08A33EA8-30BA-4675-AC50-0EDBDEF3193E (resized).jpeg2B58E130-01DE-4491-9CCC-D7460AD79ACF (resized).jpeg2B58E130-01DE-4491-9CCC-D7460AD79ACF (resized).jpeg

#6849 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I actually am using a ricochet proto....the Z-flector + Pad on the plastic as a temporary solution until I have Lao's Antidote in hand. Less thud, but the pad lasts 10X longer than my previous fix of moving the original deflector back and raising it up slightly.
This is all moot once the Antidote is available.

I tested that deflector as well. The final version out performs the Z version....

#6850 3 years ago

That looks legit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
Wanted
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.