IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 235.
#6701 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Well, here is my one time offer:
Once I will have an order from US for a set, I am going to add an extra apron wireform for free for you.
All we need is a good-hearted pinhead who is willing to forward that apron fence to you.
With this way the family can enjoy this pin earlier.

Davi is one of my favorite pinsiders... just sayin’

#6702 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Once I will have an order from US for a set, I am going to add an extra apron wireform for free for you.
All we need is a good-hearted pinhead who is willing to forward that apron fence to you.

Wow. That’s a super generous offer that I can’t possibly refuse! Your parts are beautiful. Thank you.
The family has been through so much and we’ve already spent quite a bit buying the missing parts, this apron fence is the last piece to this puzzle.
If anyone in the U.S. is thinking about ordering a set of wire forms from Davi, DO IT! I’ll cover the postage to get this apron fence to Los Angeles.

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

PM me with a price.

#6704 3 years ago

Davi has been a huge help to me many times and has always been offering/helping others. For all the negativity at times it’s great to see one of the positives!

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

While it was apart i installed Davi's airball protector:
[quoted image]
Its very thick and strong. Its super nice, a perfect fit.
But there are very few threads left on the rear post to attach my biplane rear wire due to the thickness.
Ill probably have to change out the post or just leave the rear wire loose.

Question, does this help the ball from bouncing back out and not going into the hole?

I have a Cliffy installed and someone said that that might cause lift causing it not to go into the hole.

Also, Steve at Pinball Resource told me a long time ago, and I did this, was to go down in Coil Strength and that will keep plastics from breaking. I can hit all shots, but right ramp seems like I should have kept it original. Even with the weaker coils the balls still bounces out from the center hole.

Any input would be great!

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Question, does this help the ball from bouncing back out and not going into the hole?
I have a Cliffy installed and someone said that that might cause lift causing it not to go into the hole.
Also, Steve at Pinball Resource told me a long time ago, and I did this, was to go down in Coil Strength and that will keep plastics from breaking. I can hit all shots, but right ramp seems like I should have kept it original. Even with the weaker coils the balls still bounces out from the center hole.

No.

The mode start is a seperate issue being worked on right now.

Read upwards a few posts.

#6707 3 years ago

The mode start is a seperate issue being worked on right now.

Read upwards a few posts

The Davi deflector? If it's that he's sold out

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The Davi deflector? If it's that he's sold out

No, he's referring to @ricochet's upcoming mode hole deflector. Seems like some wires got crossed talking about these 2 seperate issues.

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Oh, and by the by...
The Cliffy does NOT exacerbate bounce-outs. If anything, it helps it stick.
You'd be much better off investing in a set of plastic protectors rather than dropping your coil strength.
Read up on @ricochet's upcoming bounce-out solution above, "Lao's Antidote." Coming soon to a pinball forum near you.

#6710 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Leave the Cliffy, get @richochet new deflector, weaker coils will be problematic in IJ as the ramps are too steep, plastic protectors help, if Davi decides to do another run of the air ball plastics make sure you get on the list.

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Outstanding.

#6712 3 years ago

Has anyone done a gold/brass metallic powder coat on the wireforms, legs, lockdown bar, etc.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Has anyone done a gold/brass metallic powder coat on the wireforms, legs, lockdown bar, etc.

I was thinking of painting mine in Prismatic Powders Brassy Gold. I think it has a nice look.

#6714 3 years ago

Can Korn fix mine? (see above...lol)

We could give it a try! I'm just a PM away

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Saw this last weekend in the Dutch Pinball Museum. He can make some new ones with this original mold
[quoted image]

Wow! That's pretty cool!

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

This guy is doing a very nice job (filtered to Indiana Jones):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered?tq=Indiana&tu=

But be careful, the look of gold powder coat can be cheesy/mustard, gold mimic is a challenge.

#6717 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Final ? Version
For you IJ movie fans...
Coming soon... “Lao’s Antidote” - Indy Scoop and Plastic Protector [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this for the center hole?

My Mode Start accepts the ball , I don't have a Cliffy on that hole as it caused the ball to bounce out.

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Leave the Cliffy, get @richochet new deflector, weaker coils will be problematic in IJ as the ramps are too steep, plastic protectors help, if Davi decides to do another run of the air ball plastics make sure you get on the list.

thank you very much for the input!!!!!!

#6720 3 years ago

Looks great! Davi if and when you make new airball deflectors, put me on your list!

#6721 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Looks great! Davi if and when you make new airball deflectors, put me on your list!

Plus 1

#6722 3 years ago

Great summary....my only comment is you have two air ball deflectors (don't sell yourself short ) as theres also one on the single drop target....I stand corrected you mention it in the description...I just looked at the image

#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I have butter brass powder coat on the wire forms and Adams gold on the legs, side rails, lockdown bar, and coin door

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

I have butter brass powder coat on the wire forms and Adams gold on the legs, side rails, lockdown bar, and coin door

Would love to see some pictures of yours! Sounds great!

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Must say, I like your color choice better than what I was looking at, including the metallic top coat. We are a sheet metal fabricator, and have made parts for the pinball industry for 30 years, and have a production powder paint line. We regularly powder paint decorative powder, including Prismatic Powder. I think I may copy your choice. You have great taste!

#6727 3 years ago

I wanted to post this ... seeing how I’m going to be selling something soon and you’ve not seen the prototype working ... just so you have some confidence

Bear in mind ... before you go and critique it and ask for slo-mo vids... the final design fits a little differently. However the conical shape is the same (maybe a little steeper). What you are seeing in the video is NOT the latest rev. So if you are looking at it and think “maybe he should do this ... or what about that”... don’t worry.

... and this me just throwing the ball at it... nothing to scientific for certain.

At the moment I’m tweaking the rear tab mounting ... is a little tricky... almost there.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I wanted to post this ... seeing how I’m going to be selling something soon and you’ve not seen the prototype working ... just so you have some confidence
Bear in mind ... before you go and critique it and ask for slo-mo vids... the final design fits a little differently. However the conical shape is the same (maybe a little steeper). What you are seeing in the video is NOT the latest rev. So if you are looking at it and think “maybe he should do this ... or what about that”... don’t worry.
... and this me just throwing the ball at it... nothing to scientific for certain.
At the moment I’m tweaking the rear tab mounting ... is a little tricky... almost there.

Looks GREAT !!!!!!

I cant wait to try it out!

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'm also impressed you threw it in four times in a row without deflecting off a post. I would have missed three of those shots.

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

i'm impressed with your ball throwing skills...

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I'm also impressed you threw it in four times in a row without deflecting off a post. I would have missed three of those shots.

Quoted from PtownPin:

i'm impressed with your ball throwing skills...

This was an edited video . Let’s just say I’m gonna need to replace those post rubbers... They’ve been hit ... hard.

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It’s a winner! 100%!

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It’s a winner! 100%!

I knew it would be!

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This was an edited video . Let’s just say I’m gonna need to replace those post rubbers... They’ve been hit ... hard.

Haha! Mate you could've let that one slide as everybody was in awe ... "man, Ricochet's not only built the best ball deflector ever (it even looks cool), his eye/hand coordination is out of this world - wouldn't want to play him in a tournament"

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Haha! Mate you could've let that one slide as everybody was in awe ... "man, Ricochet's not only built the best ball deflector ever (it even looks cool), his eye/hand coordination is out of this world - wouldn't want to play him in a tournament"

#6736 3 years ago

I'll take one of those mode hole thingies when your done
That video is a great selling feature, lol.

#6737 3 years ago

Yup, I’d take a mode hole thingy as well. Even though mine is pretty much 100% as is.

#6738 3 years ago

Hey Ricochet - need any beta testing of your new design?? I can test to ensure that it works Down Under (gravitational differences in southern hemisphere and 230V power)

#6739 3 years ago

Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Ricochet - need any beta testing of your new design?? I can test to ensure that it works Down Under (gravitational differences in southern hemisphere and 230V power)

I won’t be ... HOWEVER... I will be offering some very special pricing for the first batch... I’ve not decided on the quantity or how I’m going to pull it off just yet. I consider my first batch a finished product however it will be nice to lower the risk for the early adopters and get some testimonials.

I’ve not locked in on pricing yet ... but I assure you I will not be gouging anyone... I’m doing this for the love of IJ and the people who own the game who feel the same.

So ...when the ball goes into the scoop... will it spin the other way Down Under ????

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I won’t be ... HOWEVER... I will be offering some very special pricing for the first batch... I’ve not decided on the quantity or how I’m going to pull it off just yet. I consider my first batch a finished product however it will be nice to lower the risk for the early adopters and get some testimonials.
I’ve not locked in on pricing yet ... but I assure you I will not be gouging anyone... I’m doing this for the love of IJ and the people who own the game who feel the same.
So ...when the ball goes into the scoop... will it spin the other way Down Under ????

Do you get the satisfying ‘thump’ sound with the new design?

#6741 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do you get the satisfying ‘thump’ sound with the new design?

It satisfies me

But yeah ... you do... if there is a lot of spin on the ball you’ll get some rattle.

#6742 3 years ago

I just listed an original sound board and DMD on eBay. Upgraded to Pinsound and ColorDMD (LED). I believe these are the original parts.

#6743 3 years ago

Tech gurus: please help. I have owned my machine for about six weeks. I’ve made a few upgrades (Pinsound, ColorDMD, and LWDs) and really enjoy the game play. A few days ago, I was playing, and there was a slight flicker and then the machine started shooting out ball after ball. I turned it off, and then turned it back on. The start-up seems to be doing the same thing now: no display comes on at all, lights come on, all six balls are shot out of the plunger in succession, and there are two solenoids that keep firing repeatedly. I isolated the solenoid that keeps firing to one of the trough ones between the lock and the idol. I visually inspected the fuses, but have not tested any of them with a multimeter. Any ideas where to start? Thanks, Dave

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomanimdave:

Tech gurus: please help. I have owned my machine for about six weeks. I’ve made a few upgrades (Pinsound, ColorDMD, and LWDs) and really enjoy the game play. A few days ago, I was playing, and there was a slight flicker and then the machine started shooting out ball after ball. I turned it off, and then turned it back on. The start-up seems to be doing the same thing now: no display comes on at all, lights come on, all six balls are shot out of the plunger in succession, and there are two solenoids that keep firing repeatedly. I isolated the solenoid that keeps firing to one of the trough ones between the lock and the idol. I visually inspected the fuses, but have not tested any of them with a multimeter. Any ideas where to start? Thanks, Dave

Start by reseating your ribbon cables.

#6745 3 years ago

That stopped the plunger and the ball trough from going haywire, but the DMD is still not coming up, and nothing happens when I push the start button. Any further suggestions?

#6746 3 years ago

I’m also noticing that not all of the LEDs on the Rottendog DMD Driver Board are lighting up. LED 7 and LED 50 are not lighting.

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Start by reseating your ribbon cables.

I’m curious about what does re-seating the ribbon cables do exactly, in terms of electronics or physics?

#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomanimdave:

I’m curious about what does re-seating the ribbon cables do exactly, in terms of electronics or physics?

Those pins are friction fit ... onto tiny spring steel contacts that have been sitting under tension for a long time... they lose their tension.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomanimdave:

Unplug the colorDMD first.

Check fuses with s meter.

Check all cables by reinserting them.

Sounds like possibly a typical fault on the rottondog board. It can be fixed.

If it persists get an oem driver board they are more robust.

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

TAKE MY MONEY !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.