IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 234.
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Finally figured out the drop target 'ruins'. been testing these all summer so I know they are robust. Any interest? Not sure on prices yet. I might need to tweak them to make sure they will work with Cliffys in place so they're not ready yet anyway, but thought I'd see what you guys all think.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interested!

#6652 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Shooting for having the mode hole deflector ready by the end of next week (fingers crossed). If the demand is there... I will have it available for sale on my pinside shop "Pin-Ups". There is another solution out there that just popped up today (spacers to drop the saucer and hardware)... seems like a good solution as well.
I will provide installation instructions and I will post a video of my solution in action once I get it finalized. PM me if you are interested... so I can get an idea of the initial quantity that I will need to get fabbed. Again, IF I get a decent amount of interest... I will stock it, if not then I will just sell them one-zee two-zee. I will also be selling some other items in the near future... simple stuff to make your game play better or easier to customize.
Thanks for being a part of this project... all your comments and help were very valuable.
Jim

Also interested.

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I just noticed mine does the opposite - the left to right orbit hits the right sling, other direction is perfect. I believe I could adjust the level or the guide rail but not sure if I care too much.
Let me know how it goes though. Curious if you can get perfect left/right orbits that go right to the flippers
On the other hand, just tuned my POA & Mode lock. Both are perfect. Mode eject locks close to 100% from both flippers now and the eject perfectly places the ball to the left flipper
Just feels new now

I could reach the flatrail under the POA without tools.

I just pulled on it a little between the last 2 mounting screws to flex/bow it to the left slightly.

This aimed it closer to center and off the sling.

A little is a lot, lol.

Its perfect now.

I imagine the same is true for the right side.

#6654 3 years ago

My Biplane has been shot down too many times:

20200922_132629 (resized).jpg20200922_132629 (resized).jpg20200922_132639 (resized).jpg20200922_132639 (resized).jpg20200922_132649 (resized).jpg20200922_132649 (resized).jpg

I wonder if @kornfreak can rescue it!

#6655 3 years ago

I installed one of my cheap, thin repro Biplanes:
20200922_131723 (resized).jpg20200922_131723 (resized).jpg20200922_131732 (resized).jpg20200922_131732 (resized).jpg

They are very thin, but ok in a pinch.

Does anyone have a NOS one for sale?

#6656 3 years ago

While it was apart i installed Davi's airball protector:
20200922_122512 (resized).jpg20200922_122512 (resized).jpg

Its very thick and strong. Its super nice, a perfect fit.

But there are very few threads left on the rear post to attach my biplane rear wire due to the thickness.

Ill probably have to change out the post or just leave the rear wire loose.

#6657 3 years ago

Final ? Version

For you IJ movie fans...

Coming soon... “Lao’s Antidote” - Indy Scoop and Plastic Protector

3DF3C5CC-8D2A-471F-AB8F-BCF4A998BA1A (resized).jpeg3DF3C5CC-8D2A-471F-AB8F-BCF4A998BA1A (resized).jpeg6475D190-A20F-49A8-BBF9-AC4367D300E2 (resized).jpeg6475D190-A20F-49A8-BBF9-AC4367D300E2 (resized).jpegF8C61827-C777-4CFB-ABA3-75D42EFB76D4 (resized).jpegF8C61827-C777-4CFB-ABA3-75D42EFB76D4 (resized).jpeg
#6658 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Final ? Version
For you IJ movie fans...
Coming soon... “Lao’s Antidote” - Indy Scoop and Plastic Protector [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love it!

#6659 3 years ago

I love it and want it

#6660 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Final ? Version
For you IJ movie fans...
Coming soon... “Lao’s Antidote” - Indy Scoop and Plastic Protector [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Might need to anchor the rear for durability by putting a single tab there.

Drilling a hole for it is no problem.

Or make it super thick in the rear.

#6661 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Might need to anchor the rear for duability by pitying a single tab there. Drilling a hole for it is no problem.
Or make it super thick in the rear.

It’s pretty darned thick

#6662 3 years ago

I might consider a tab that uses the center screw hole for the factory deflector. Really depends upon how it affects the placement of the curve and the rmanufacturing of it.

That’s not a bad suggestion

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It’s pretty darned thick

Damn Boi he thicc!

#6665 3 years ago

Might need to anchor the rear for duability by putting a single tab there.

I would tend to agree with this. I know the deflector itself is pretty strong, but then you’re putting all the force on the two sleeved post to maintain the integrity of the placement. Which I dont.

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I would tend to agree with this. I know the deflector itself is pretty strong, but then you’re putting all the force on the two sleeved post to maintain the integrity of the placement. Which I dont.

The posts are mounted with full studs that go through the playfield and are secured wit a lock nut. The force that the two take is far less than what they would individually with a straight on hit by the ball. I would say if you got wobbly posts... this isn’t the right solution in that case.

I’ll look into it... but the conical shape is critical and I want to make sure I can maintain that. The bending jig would need to change ... which kinda stinks. But ... we’ll see.

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I might consider a tab that uses the center screw hole for the factory deflector. Really depends upon how it affects the placement of the curve and the rmanufacturing of it.
That’s not a bad suggestion

I highly doubt you'll need it....I think if the deflector gave a little its not a bad thing

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

The posts are mounted with full studs that go through the playfield and are secured wit a lock nut. The force that the two take is far less than what they would individually with a straight on hit by the ball. I would say if you got wobbly posts... this isn’t the right solution in that case.
I’ll look into it... but the conical shape is critical and I want to make sure I can maintain that. The bending jig would need to change ... which kinda stinks. But ... we’ll see.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I highly doubt you'll need it....I think if the deflector gave a little its not a bad thing

Its not about major forces.

Its about repeated ball strikes over time.

A drop of rain can bring down a granite cliff, one drop at a time, over time.

Incredibly robust, steel mechanisms in a pinball machine get shredded over time.

#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I'll openly admit that I'm less familiar with this machine that almost everybody else in this group, so don't make any rash decisions on my small thoughts.

You have my order regardless of course.

#6670 3 years ago

Its not about major forces.
Its about repeated ball strikes over time.
A drop of rain can bring down a granite cliff, one drop at a time, over time.
Incredibly robust, steel mechanisms in a pinball machine get shredded over time.

I hear ya, but in this case I don't see it happening...

#6671 3 years ago

I just finished about 20 games with the Davi airball protector.

What can I say, Its perfect.

Thanks Peter!

#6672 3 years ago

Thanks Peter!

solves a big problem....especially if you have Korn's planes

#6673 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

solves a big problem....especially if you have Korn's planes

Can Korn fix mine? (see above...lol)

#6674 3 years ago

Can Korn fix mine? (see above...lol)

I bet he can....his planes are really nice...prior to those air ball protectors I was scared to death they would end up like yours Although it appears you've recovered well !

#6675 3 years ago

Thanks Peter!

Thanks, you are welcome.
(Only 3 sets left.)
Update: sold out.

#6676 3 years ago

Saw this last weekend in the Dutch Pinball Museum. He can make some new ones with this original mold

20200919_141823 (resized).jpg20200919_141823 (resized).jpg
#6677 3 years ago

Folks... I've decided I'm going to invest the time into the recommendation to put a tab on the back side of the deflector (thanks @pballinreno). I think its a good idea... and if nothing else it will put to bed the question of whether or not this thing will hold up over time.

Beyond durability ... as I got into analyzing it.. the rear mount will also prevent any upward motion on the deflector... which is a good thing for two reasons.. 1. consistency of the performance of the design and 2. it will make a better protector as it will eliminate flex on the mounting tabs.

Thanks for your patience and feedback. Designing stuff in an open forum is good... except ... well you know.. tweak, tweak tweak. In product development there is a standing joke where we sometimes have to take the product away from the designers so we can ship it... even if its not "perfect"

Seriously... thanks though. You all will be pleased when it is completed.

#6678 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Beyond durability ... as I got into analyzing it.. the rear mount will also prevent any upward motion on the deflector... which is a good thing for two reasons.. 1. consistency of the design and 2. it will make a better protector as it will eliminate flex on the mounting tabs.

This all sounds like good improvements to me! Thanks for your hard work!

#6679 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks, you are welcome.
(Only 3 sets left.)

Sold out.

#6680 3 years ago

Joining this club , Saturday morning pick up!
Guess I have pages and pages to read to catch up!
Please advise of any necessities that are a must for this game.

#6681 3 years ago

Time to make up a few more, lol.

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

IJ is an incredible game if its dialed in, and everything is working properly. That being said there's a few issues u need to address in order to fully experience the game. The first is the mode hole deflector. With the current factory deflector u can nail from the left flipper, but doesn't work properly from the right flipper @richochet has solved this problem so get on his list to pick up the new deflector. For me this was a game changer as enjoying all the modes is a lot fun (versus just going for jackpots). The second is getting the POA working properly (its finicky). Once it works properly its a lot of fun. The third is preventing all the air balls from the drop targets Davi has solved this problem.

#6683 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Welcome, Edmonton!
From, Calgary

At the absolute bare minimum, you'll need:
- Plastic Protectors
- Cliffy Protectors

And you'll never regret a ColorDMD.
I also recommend the Lost Plastic (if yours doesn't already have) and installing the backbox jackpot lights.

Though there are many, many more (and you're going to hear about them here), those are the must-haves for me. Everything else is gravy.

#6684 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Welcome, Edmonton!
From, Calgary
At the absolute bare minimum, you'll need:
- Plastic Protectors
- Cliffy Protectors
And you'll never regret a ColorDMD.
I also recommend the Lost Plastic (if yours doesn't already have) and installing the backbox jackpot lights.
Though there are many, many more (and you're going to hear about them here), those are the must-haves for me. Everything else is gravy.

Totally agree on these upgrades. Also the pin sound + board and new speakers is a great upgrade (along with adding high quality sound files), and adding LED's to the game. Everything else is eye candy and a personal pref.

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

"Also, of course you're going to want a set of these quality target decals," he said in a fit of shameless self-promotion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1262-pinjewels/03842-indiana-jones-metallic-target-decals-free-shipping-avail

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

"Also, of course you're going to want a set of these quality target decals," he said in a fit of shameless self-promotion.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1262-pinjewels/03842-indiana-jones-metallic-target-decals-free-shipping-avail

I have the AaronZOOM drop target decals and ADV URE decals on my machine and they are a very nice visual upgrade, and go great with the proper LEDs. I plan on ordering another set to have just as a spare.

#6687 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I have the aaronzoom drop target decals and ADV URE decals on my machine and they are a very nice visual upgrade, and go great with the proper LEDs. I plan on ordering another set to have just as a spare.

I second this

#6688 3 years ago

Time to make up a few more, lol.

Maybe in 2021.
Few more means: minimum 40 pieces, as we are talking about screen printing process. Real paint, stencils, old school manual process, like in case of the backbox warning text, but with more colors.

#6689 3 years ago

Long story short, I’m assembling an unfinished Indy restoration for the family of a fellow pinhead that passed away mid-project almost a decade ago. Many parts were missing but, thankfully, have been available online.
The one part I’ve not been able to find is the wire form that attaches to the bottom arch/apron. Action pinball shows it as discontinued part number 12-7090 but I haven’t found it listed anywhere else. Does anyone have an idea where to find one? Do any other widebody games use the same part?

#6690 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Maybe in 2021.
Few more means: minimum 40 pieces, as we are talking about screen printing process. Real paint, stencils, old school manual process, like in case of the backbox warning text, but with more colors.

You can add me to the list for that.

#6691 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Maybe in 2021.

Hey Davi - would love to see some pics as you go through the process, as I've not seen how these are manufactured (eg do you screen print big sheets with multiple protectors and then cut them out?). It blows me away the variety of talents we have in this community and is well beyond my skill sets (hmm not even sure what they are )

BTW my set of protectors are currently inbound to Australia with KornFreak's planes, so looking forward to getting them

#6692 3 years ago

Thanks all !
Cliffys are a standard item for me, the Colordmd comes with the game.
Very much looking forward to getting this game, dialing it in and following up on the great info provided
Rob

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Long story short, I’m assembling an unfinished Indy restoration for the family of a fellow pinhead that passed away mid-project almost a decade ago. Many parts were missing but, thankfully, have been available online.
The one part I’ve not been able to find is the wire form that attaches to the bottom arch/apron. Action pinball shows it as discontinued part number 12-7090 but I haven’t found it listed anywhere else. Does anyone have an idea where to find one? Do any other widebody games use the same part?

Reproduction is possible. I can send the unfinished part, or send it with chrome or brass finish.
For example this is a brass plated repro set:

20200729_203811 (resized).jpg20200729_203811 (resized).jpg20200729_203818 (resized).jpg20200729_203818 (resized).jpg20200729_203824 (resized).jpg20200729_203824 (resized).jpg
#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Reproduction is possible. I can send the unfinished part, or send it with chrome or brass finish.
For example this is a brass plated repro set:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

maybe this one will fit:

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/wirefence1.html

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

For example this is a brass plated repro set:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I might want a set

#6697 3 years ago

Ricochet is a cliffy mandatory with your new part or does this replace a cliffy? I never put one on mine and would prefer not to in a home use scenario.

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

ricochet is a cliffy mandatory with your new part or does this replace a cliffy? I never put one on mine and would prefer not to in a home use scenario.

Cliffy isn’t necessary for the deflector to work. With or without ... it’s irrelevant.

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Those are beautiful, but I fear out of our price range once shipping/plating is thrown in to the equation. I'm hoping to find either a decent used one or a new one available for not too much money.

I think the one pinballinreno linked is for a standard cabinet. I'll investigate.

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Those are beautiful, but I fear out of our price range once shipping/plating is thrown in to the equation. I'm hoping to find either a decent used one or a new one available for not too much money.
I think the one pinballinreno linked is for a standard cabinet. I'll investigate.

Well, here is my one time offer:
Once I will have an order from US for a set, I am going to add an extra apron wireform for free for you.
All we need is a good-hearted pinhead who is willing to forward that apron fence to you.
With this way the family can enjoy this pin earlier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 29.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/134?hl=copinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.