IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 234.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont think it has to be round.
I think square would work the same with a deflector bent over the top rear if there's a tiny bit of space.

The conical shape is key.

#6552 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

You going to be selling these? We’ve needed something like this for a very long time. Nothing I have tried has worked well.

#6553 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You going to be selling these? We’ve needed something like this for a very long time. Nothing I have tried has worked well.

That’s my intent. If I can find a way to make them easily and with consistency of quality (which I’m pretty sure I can) I will.

Once I get the last few tweaks in ... I’ll be ready.

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That’s my intent. If I can find a way to make them easily and with consistency of quality (which I’m pretty sure I can) I will.
Once I get the last few tweaks in ... I’ll be ready.

Awesome, surprised nobody has really attempted a more permanent fix like this.

#6555 3 years ago

So I know it's been brought up a million times that the right flipper is a little too strong for its own good and have heard of people replacing it with a weaker coil. Has anybody tried this for both flippers? Should I still be able to make the jackpot ramp from the left flipper with a weaker coil?

#6556 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

So I know it's been brought up a million times that the right flipper is a little too strong for its own good and have heard of people replacing it with a weaker coil. Has anybody tried this for both flippers? Should I still be able to make the jackpot ramp from the left flipper with a weaker coil?

Why do they think its too strong? Theres no way I would reduce coil power on the flippers. The ramps are too steep on IJ

#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why do they think its too strong? Theres no way I would reduce coil power on the flippers. The ramps are too steep on IJ

Agree 100% ... you’ve got long ramps on this pin. Before restoration mine had weaker flippers. Game play was anemic. Hitting the ramps was frustrating.

#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Agree 100% ... you’ve got long ramps on this pin. Before restoration mine had weaker flippers. Game play was anemic. Hitting the ramps was frustrating.

Well, people seem to be replacing their right flipper with a lower power all throughout this thread to reduce airballs and scoop rejects. Indy is at a friend's house right now and he asked about it. Good to know. I'll leave them be.

#6559 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Well, people seem to be replacing their right flipper with a lower power all throughout this thread to reduce airballs and scoop rejects. Indy is at a friend's house right now and he asked about it. Good to know. I'll leave them be.

Yes that’s one way to reduce those issues... but if you must ... make them both the same power.

There are some good air ball solutions out there and the mode hole fix is coming...

#6560 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I would purchase the air ball protectors from @Davi...they are money....It only took 25 years, but Ricochet has come up with a solution for the mode hole

#6561 3 years ago

How hard is this game on factory settings in general? I'm pretty new to pinball and I rented this machine as of yesterday. I find hitting the ramps super difficult, in fact the only shot that I hit consistently is the super jackpot up the middle that I don't actually want to hit because it comes back down the middle. I also seem to drain super fast down the sides because my ball control is so bad. I wanted to know if these shots are actually difficult, or if I'm just terrible.

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

How hard is this game on factory settings in general? I'm pretty new to pinball and I rented this machine as of yesterday. I find hitting the ramps super difficult, in fact the only shot that I hit consistently is the super jackpot up the middle that I don't actually want to hit because it comes back down the middle. I also seem to drain super fast down the sides because my ball control is so bad. I wanted to know if these shots are actually difficult, or if I'm just terrible.

Practice the ramp shots ... once you get it ... it will be a lot more fun. Then work on the center shot and idol. The outer loops are also tricky but it will come eventually

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Yea that right ramp is a challenging shot especially if your flippers are weak. None of the ramps can be back handed in the game so that also makes it a challenge. Practice makes perfect Now that my mode deflector performs at a peak level I find that I play the entire game, which is far more enjoyable. Also if your POA is working well thats a lot of fun as well. The moral of the story is the game really needs to be dialed in so everything is working properly. Once you get there the game is really fun.

#6564 3 years ago

Well Indy fans this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I present to you the notorious, the rare, the holy grail of IJ's only 1/24 the size. The Disneyland IJ Miniature; complete with mahogany trim, baboo legs, and it even has rope.

ij-1 (resized).jpgij-1 (resized).jpgij-2 (resized).jpgij-2 (resized).jpg
#6565 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well Indy fans this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I present to you the notorious, the rare, the holy grail of IJ's only 1/24 the size. The Disneyland IJ Miniature; complete with mahogany trim, baboo legs, and it even has rope. [quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice

#6566 3 years ago

Well Indy fans this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I present to you the notorious, the rare, the holy grail of IJ's only 1/24 the size. The Disneyland IJ Miniature; complete with mahogany trim, baboo legs, and it even has rope. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well done!

#6567 3 years ago

Thank you so much. If anyone would like one I will be making a few more for sale

#6568 3 years ago

That is impossibly bad ass! I’m interested in one if you’re selling them.

#6569 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Im ready for one as soon as available!

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Super interested in a better saucer solution and this one looks promising!

What keeps the ball from launching up into the bottom of the POA?

#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Super interested in a better saucer solution and this one looks promising!
What keeps the ball from launching up into the bottom of the POA?

This doesn’t replace your plastic and / or
plastic protector. It goes in first.

That being said... it’s conical ... The ball wont go upward.

#6572 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This doesn’t replace your plastic and / or
plastic protector. It goes in first.
That being said... it’s conical ... The ball wont go upward.

Ah! I am probably picturing it wrong, I’ll look forward to installed pix and further testing.

#6573 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Got one more tweak and another round of testing of the new mode deflector... this one is testing very well.
Hang tight it will be a few more weeks to get it finished and the manufacturing process done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks promising, sign me up for one. In the meanwhile I’m going to slot drill out these holes to move the scoop back. Any other recommendations?

3397B1F7-41FE-4AA6-B597-9758234B5039 (resized).jpeg3397B1F7-41FE-4AA6-B597-9758234B5039 (resized).jpeg
#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Looks promising, sign me up for one. In the meanwhile I’m going to slot drill out these holes to move the scoop back. Any other recommendations?
[quoted image]

With this, it will protrude higher than the plastic.... so your plastic will need to be removed. The other issue is that it has a flat spot before it begins to curve... so that sometimes will reject the ball when the shot is straight on... elongating or drilling new holes will help that.

I experimented with this as an option.

#6575 3 years ago

Ricochet have you thought about putting a lid on your invention? I guess as long as it doesn’t hit the POA then it’s good to go. You could then even put a thin weather strip under the lid so the ball doesn’t smack up on it. That’s my 2 cents worth half a penny

#6576 3 years ago

ricochet have you thought about putting a lid on your invention? I guess as long as it doesn’t hit the POA then it’s good to go. You could then even put a thin weather strip under the lid so the ball doesn’t smack up on it. That’s my 2 cents worth half a penny

I get what your saying. The effect of this deflector on the plastic is no different than the factory deflector... in fact it’s better as it captures the ball. It doesn’t replace the plastic and a lid would not really make a difference. The standard plastic protector is best if you want a lid. This is how I run mine... with the protector and the playfield plastic on top

#6577 3 years ago

My OCD got the best of me... the original does not have backbox hinges, and it needed wood trim on the front of the backbox, now we are official 9556E38D-5B23-48D0-9CA3-F91B334F15E2 (resized).jpeg9556E38D-5B23-48D0-9CA3-F91B334F15E2 (resized).jpeg2E3905C5-95CB-4087-9C02-D9F2590CAB78 (resized).jpeg2E3905C5-95CB-4087-9C02-D9F2590CAB78 (resized).jpegD3C8372F-DA23-4F2E-AA6D-7EC8A846C8B4 (resized).jpegD3C8372F-DA23-4F2E-AA6D-7EC8A846C8B4 (resized).jpeg

#6578 3 years ago

My OCD got the best of me... the original does not have backbox hinges, and it needed wood trim on the front of the backbox, now we are official [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I miss this machine a lot. This specific machine was the biggest influence in me buying my own IJ in the first place. I was pretty heartbroken when they closed down the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost, and rolled all the Indy stuff into the Bazaar.
Maybe Disney just stopped caring about the upkeep on the machine. I'd heard it made a few appearances since the Outpost closed, but it was gone on my last few trips there.

#6579 3 years ago

Has anyone put colorLED on the IJ?

I know the prevailing logic is to use colorLCD.

I like the brightness of the LED.

Cany someone post pics of IJ with colorLED?

#6580 3 years ago

I can't say for a fact, but the Indy on location around me has a Color LCD. The game next to it (AFM) has a Color LED. I can say, almost certainly with fact, that the LCD will look better in that game.

#6581 3 years ago

LCD here...I like the versatility and the ability to change the style of the output. It is PLENTY bright, in fact if it were any brighter it would be too distracting.

#6582 3 years ago

The brightness and colour vibrancy of the LEDs cannot be adequately captured in pictures. It's really bright and brilliant in person.
Do you appreciate the classic look and artistry of DMD animations? LED is the way to go.
Do you like...large dots? Then go LCD.
20200515_095617 (resized).jpg20200515_095617 (resized).jpg20191006_114720 (resized).jpg20191006_114720 (resized).jpg

20200914_220311-03.jpeg20200914_220311-03.jpeg
#6583 3 years ago

LED. I didn't like how LCD graphically adds information that isn't there in animations.

DSC_2912 (resized).JPGDSC_2912 (resized).JPG

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I get what your saying. The effect of this deflector on the plastic is no different than the factory deflector... in fact it’s better as it captures the ball. It doesn’t replace the plastic and a lid would not really make a difference. The standard plastic protector is best if you want a lid. This is how I run mine... with the protector and the playfield plastic on top

Ok, so it ugly and beat but it works. Took quite a bit of bending, drilling testing, re-bending, drilling, testing. Locks 100% from left & right flippers. I think one bounce back after 30 locks cuz it wasn’t a clean shot. I ordered another one so I can have a clean one to match this one now that I got the shape. Still need to hack off the back as it extends past the guide rail. Will post the final one once I get it and I match this one

2E1B355E-5DF7-4752-8A3C-1EFBD451A1E8 (resized).jpeg2E1B355E-5DF7-4752-8A3C-1EFBD451A1E8 (resized).jpeg9175F421-3AEB-4E97-8E1F-0F953DFDC1E9 (resized).jpeg9175F421-3AEB-4E97-8E1F-0F953DFDC1E9 (resized).jpegB0FF082D-FA0F-4D81-8B3C-D8C3F3C1153F (resized).jpegB0FF082D-FA0F-4D81-8B3C-D8C3F3C1153F (resized).jpegB66C3A22-158A-4A85-8907-97349D28C6D3 (resized).jpegB66C3A22-158A-4A85-8907-97349D28C6D3 (resized).jpegD7EB7D4C-361D-4F65-B42A-002F3089A281 (resized).jpegD7EB7D4C-361D-4F65-B42A-002F3089A281 (resized).jpeg
#6585 3 years ago

Ok, so it ugly and beat but it works. Took quite a bit of bending, drilling testing, re-bending, drilling, testing. Locks 100% from left & right flippers. I think one bounce back after 30 locks cuz it wasn’t a clean shot. I ordered another one so I can have a clean one to match this one now that I got the shape. Still need to hack off the back as it extends past the guide rail. Will post the final one once I get it and I match this one[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep... I was hoping this would be a drop in with a modified top protector. As soon as it became obvious I needed to manipulate it... I decided not to pursue it.

Glad you found the right shape.

#6586 3 years ago

I went with LED. I like the brilliance of it and I’ve no preference for the “smoothing” effect.

As AaronZOOM said... it’s tough to photograph. It really looks much more brilliant in person.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EuxwynY9Mu4eqi5LA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/93DGW5TG82kE7pdt5

#6587 3 years ago

Another LED dmd user here, I think the large dots are kind of wonky looking and annoying.

I’ve gone to LED on all my machines that have DMD.

#6588 3 years ago

To add more of my totally "unbiased" opinion...

I find LCD to look washed out and have a "fake" feel to it, if that makes sense. Like virtual pinball instead of "real" pinball.

DotsXL is fine, but not a real improvement. And though there are many who will strongly disagree with me, I think the smoothed "high resolution upscaling" is downright ugly. As an artist, it hurts me to the core to see someone's fine work done dirty like this.

#6589 3 years ago

LED on mine here too.

Better look, better fit and cheaper. Unless you want the smoothing what’s not to like?

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

To add more of my totally "unbiased" opinion...
I find LCD to look washed out and have a "fake" feel to it, if that makes sense. Like virtual pinball instead of "real" pinball.
DotsXL is fine, but not a real improvement. And though there are many who will strongly disagree with me, I think the smoothed "high resolution upscaling" is downright ugly. As an artist, it hurts me to the core to see someone's fine work done dirty like this.

Since we are being “unbiased”, as an LCD owner I agree that the smooth up scaling on Indy does not look good, and does not fit the look of the machine or the animations. However, i like having the ability to alter the style. 99% of the time I have it on the dotXL setting.

For some games though, the upscaling looks great. I have one on my Ghostbusters and use the ScanLines setting and it looks infinitely better to me vs. the dots. The dot look on a newer pin like that makes it look dated.

If I know what I know now, my decision on Indy LED vs LCD would be more difficult than it was since I only use dotXL...but I am not sure i would change it. I don’t think you can go wrong upgrading from the orange dmd to either the LCD or LED.

DD57653D-955A-4793-99F5-5EA35854473D (resized).jpegDD57653D-955A-4793-99F5-5EA35854473D (resized).jpeg
#6591 3 years ago

Its really a personal preference ..... I have the LCD and really like it...it it better? not really....at the end of the day its such a big upgrade over the standard DMD it really doesn't matter.

#6592 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its really a personal preference ..... I have the LCD and really like it...it it better? not really....at the end of the day its such a big upgrade over the standard DMD it really doesn't matter.

Yes, absolutely. Regardless of your choice, a ColorDMD is one of the best and most striking upgrades you can make to your machine.
You can't really go wrong either way.

Quoted from orlandu81:

For some games though, the upscaling looks great. I have one on my Ghostbusters and use the ScanLines setting and it looks infinitely better to me vs. the dots. The dot look on a newer pin like that makes it look dated.

I don't know how it is on Ghostbusters, but I think the upscaling really works best on pins that tried to digitize video footage into DMD animations. Like that *other* Indiana Jones pin out there.

#6593 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Yes, absolutely. Regardless of your choice, a ColorDMD is one of the best and most striking upgrades you can make to your machine.
You can't really go wrong either way.

I don't know how it is on Ghostbusters, but I think the upscaling really works best on pins that tried to digitize video footage into DMD animations. Like that *other* Indiana Jones pin out there.

Come on, everyone knows there is only 1 Indiana Jones Pin. Just like there are only 3 Indiana Jones Movies

#6594 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yep... I was hoping this would be a drop in with a modified top protector. As soon as it became obvious I needed to manipulate it... I decided not to pursue it.
Glad you found the right shape.

Yeah why doesn’t anybody test their products. No way this ever worked. But maybe that’s how arcades got more quarters.

#6595 3 years ago

Thank you all for your pictures and thoughts.

There are a lot of beautiful games out there!

Im thinking a "best of both worlds" concept.

The colorLED is slightly grainy due to the small ultra-bright LEDS in a big black square.

But, the color and bightness is super sharp! I really like it.

That said, i also really like the smoother look of the dots XL!

But, it lacks the eye searing brilliance of the LEDs.

I put colorLED on my "over the top" Doctor Who restoration. The color and brilliance on that game is what it needed. Its perfect.

I intend a high end restoration on my IJ next summer.

I think that the newer and shinier the game gets, the brighter the display should get.

I just finished a total shop-out on my game and the orange DMD looks like crap lol.

I will be putting in a CPR backglass. Its slightly darker than the translite, but looks glorious!

So im slightly torn between dotsXL snd colorLED.

I think the dotsXL will compliment the new glass better.

But, the "shock and awe" of the colorLED cant be understated. I really like the look.

@Flipper_McGavin, your game looks brilliant! Did you put in the CPR glass?

#6596 3 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the playfield glass rattling with the Pinsound + shaker? This is pretty specific...so I apologize. The combination of my PDI glass and the shaker (on the lowest setting) causes a vibration that rattles 1) when the ball goes up the right ramp when lit, and 2) when the ball goes nuts with the pop bumpers. I guess I could alter the vibration settings in the pinsound app to be reduced, but would prefer more shake and less rattle.

I've tried fabric tape and it helps, but it doesn't stick to the glass and often times gets jammed in the slot so every time I remove the glass the tape comes with it. I have some thin 1/16 weatherstripping on order from amazon I can try but I fear that is too thick. My side rails and insert plastic is locked in nice and tight...I recently replaced the stock armor with Robert Stone powder coated armor so it is perfect. Maybe it is too perfectly tight?

Any proposed ideas to keep the playfield glass nice and snug in there would be helpful. I have the same PDI glass in my Ghostbusters (Premium)-le and it is tight as a drum with zero rattle.

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Has anyone had a problem with the playfield glass rattling with the Pinsound + shaker? This is pretty specific...so I apologize. The combination of my PDI glass and the shaker (on the lowest setting) causes a vibration that rattles 1) when the ball goes up the right ramp when lit, and 2) when the ball goes nuts with the pop bumpers. I guess I could alter the vibration settings in the pinsound app to be reduced, but would prefer more shake and less rattle.
I've tried fabric tape and it helps, but it doesn't stick to the glass and often times gets jammed in the slot so every time I remove the glass the tape comes with it. I have some thin 1/16 weatherstripping on order from amazon I can try but I fear that is too thick. My side rails and insert plastic is locked in nice and tight...I recently replaced the stock armor with Robert Stone powder coated armor so it is perfect. Maybe it is too perfectly tight?
Any proposed ideas to keep the playfield glass nice and snug in there would be helpful. I have the same PDI glass in my Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) and it is tight as a drum with zero rattle.

I don't think the glass matters (at least on my games)....PDI, invisiglass, standard are all about the same thickness....have you tried felt tape? I used it on my MMRLE (along the top and bottom) and it worked well.

#6598 3 years ago

Flipper_McGavin, your game looks brilliant! Did you put in the CPR glass?

Still the original translite, I am going to try and airbrush those scratches you showed me on the white backing. I am trying to keep as many of the original parts as I can. The entire cabinet is done except for the Warning/Patent text on the backbox, I am now restoring the playfield.

I currently have a Mirco playfield installed for the time being, and once I'm done fixing up this original PF and clearcoating I will do a "quick" hot swap back to the original. Right now I am color matching. I got JB wood putty around the worn areas and airbrushed. All I've repainted so far was the mode start eject hole. It used up a good chunk of the putty, and then I airbrush around it and fade it into the wood, needs just a tiny amount of red mixed into the paint.
20200913_230550 (resized).jpg20200913_230550 (resized).jpg

#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Any proposed ideas to keep the playfield glass nice and snug in there would be helpful. I have the same PDI glass in my Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) and it is tight as a drum with zero rattle.

I had the same issue used this tape. Cut in half as it was to wide and has worked great for the last year.

Tape (resized).pngTape (resized).png
#6600 3 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I had the same issue used this tape. Cut in half as it was to wide and has worked great for the last year. [quoted image]

Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think the glass matters (at least on my games)....PDI, invisiglass, standard are all about the same thickness....have you tried felt tape? I used it on my MMRLE (along the top and bottom) and it worked well.

Ok I bought both of these and will try them. Where did you apply the tape? I think the rattle comes from the sides...did you apply around the side edges?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.