IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 235.
#6501 3 years ago

I was missing a wire guide.
The 1 1/2" wire guide just above the narrow escape lane.

From my understanding, operators remove them to speed up ball times.

20200903_190028 (resized).jpg20200903_190028 (resized).jpg
#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I was missing a wire guide.
The 1 1/2" wire guide just above the narrow escape lane.
From my understanding, operators remove them to speed up ball times.[quoted image]

Not a problem!

The wire measures at 3/32" (.094" wire size) diameter, 1 1/2" center to center.

I made the legs 7/8" long, but you can go longer up to 1" if needed.

Its easier to just measure back of leg to back of leg. Its the same, and bend it in a vice.
20200903_190001 (resized).jpg20200903_190001 (resized).jpg

Cut with dremel and sand the cuts smooth and clean, polish it a little with red scotchbright and flitz
20200903_190011 (resized).jpg20200903_190011 (resized).jpg

Tap into place with a big drift
20200903_190356 (resized).jpg20200903_190356 (resized).jpg

Set to a height of 17/32" center of wire, or thereabouts...lol. and its done!

I use the .094" stainless wire from marco a lot, its 3/32"

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Wire+stock+.094

#6503 3 years ago

Not sure if it has been posted. Has anyone experienced a ball coming down the left wire form and instead of dropping in the inlane, the ball hops to the outlane and drains? This has occurred a few times to me, very frustrating!

#6504 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Not sure if it has been posted. Has anyone experienced a ball coming down the left wire form and instead of dropping in the inlane, the ball hops to the outlane and drains? This has occurred a few times to me, very frustrating!

This seems impossible to me. The only explanation is that your machine is haunted.

#6505 3 years ago

Not that I'm trying to assign homework, but I'd love to see a video of this in action if at all possible.

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

is that even possible? how often does it happen?

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

You solve this by putting a rubber ring on the wireform where the ball hits. Make sure you have a snug fit. Problem solved

#6508 3 years ago

Installing the “lost plastic” during my shopping out and deep clean:

8D80C3BC-D31A-4BC4-864F-DB150C80AFF5 (resized).jpeg8D80C3BC-D31A-4BC4-864F-DB150C80AFF5 (resized).jpeg
#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

is that even possible? how often does it happen?

Not too often thankfully. I believe when it comes out of the wireform hard, the ball may not be centered, it hits the back of the slingshot rubber and bounces over the gate. The wire form is centered over the inlane.

#6510 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Installing the “lost plastic” during my shopping out and deep clean:[quoted image]

Are you also installing the lost plastic light kit?

The manual shows it.

https://www.pindorabox.com/williams/indiana-jones-lost-end-light-board.html

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=598

#6511 3 years ago

I just bought an IJ a few weeks ago and am having trouble with the game dispensing two balls at once, and it frequently loses track of how many balls are in play. Is there some type of switch that is stuck? I haven’t read through all of the posts in this thread, so excuse me if this has been discussed before. Thanks.

#6512 3 years ago
Quoted from Nomanimdave:

I just bought an IJ a few weeks ago and am having trouble with the game dispensing two balls at once, and it frequently loses track of how many balls are in play. Is there some type of switch that is stuck? I haven’t read through all of the posts in this thread, so excuse me if this has been discussed before. Thanks.

take a look at the shooter lane switch

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Quoted from tilt-master:

Not too often thankfully. I believe when it comes out of the wireform hard, the ball may not be centered, it hits the back of the slingshot rubber and bounces over the gate. The wire form is centered over the inlane.

I've not seen this on IJ but have on other machines, where spin on the ball will get the ball to go up out of the return lane and into the out lane, but by your description it hops/bounces into the outlane - are you saying the it bounces over the wire ball guide? If is the case, it's possible that the wire ball guide has been pushed in too far and is too low (allowing the ball to bounce over it) - the pic points out the wire ball guide

IJ (resized).JPGIJ (resized).JPG
#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've not seen this on IJ but have on other machines, where spin on the ball will get the ball to go up out of the return lane and into the out lane, but by your description it hops/bounces into the outlane - are you saying the it bounces over the wire ball guide? If is the case, it's possible that the wire ball guide has been pushed in too far and is too low (allowing the ball to bounce over it) - the pic points out the wire ball guide[quoted image]

it bounces over the wire ball guide...the wire does not appear to be sunken down at all

#6515 3 years ago

Another issue I have noticed: it looks like the previous owners have put many layers of decals over the play field inserts, so they are no longer smooth, and the edges really affect the travel of the ball near the flippers. What is the best way to remove the old decals, and what is the best source for new ones? Thanks, Dave

#6516 3 years ago

WTB Lior IJ mods.

Mini playfield rails, ramp cover and Idol ruins.

#6517 3 years ago

Super stoked to have officially joined the club. Been taking time to get it restored to basically new condition both inside and out. Thanks a great deal to Profgrif for the tear down and full restoration. Your expertise and artistry are very appreciated!. It’s like she came off the factory floor, except she has the most awesome upgrades. Completely agree with the Pinsound mod being so phenomenal on this game. Nice first game score too, I think? Se you guys around!

14A3BD94-DE6A-497A-9CAD-D3E54CBB5C2D (resized).jpeg14A3BD94-DE6A-497A-9CAD-D3E54CBB5C2D (resized).jpegB07F532B-CF7C-456A-8F35-66F19030B6AA (resized).jpegB07F532B-CF7C-456A-8F35-66F19030B6AA (resized).jpeg784A1B94-D2AD-457C-A9B0-481CB65BC2F8 (resized).jpeg784A1B94-D2AD-457C-A9B0-481CB65BC2F8 (resized).jpeg20D192FC-737D-4B9E-8F8D-DEDCDE08165D (resized).jpeg20D192FC-737D-4B9E-8F8D-DEDCDE08165D (resized).jpeg54DC1018-1C43-4BC0-9BF3-0EE3D765B68E (resized).jpeg54DC1018-1C43-4BC0-9BF3-0EE3D765B68E (resized).jpeg
#6518 3 years ago

Hey guys! I finally finished my “topper” with the right pieces found mostly on Etsy. Customizations are not everyone’s cup of tea, just sharing my personal taste in some IJ flair for this machine.

I chose to not use the ark...main reason being I wanted the topper to have replica props that could pass as authentic at first glance. A mini ark would discount the perceived authenticity, albeit brief, of the other pieces.

The order I placed them in was meant to match the artwork on the back panel, not the order of the movies or the order on the speaker panel.

The first three pieces are pretty light and museum gel worked well to keep them from moving. The stone is a bit heavier, so I drilled a hole in it and epoxied a bolt in there to attach to the top of the back box. Yes I drilled a small hole in the top of the cab...it was totally worth it and to me it wasn’t a big deal. If there was a real topper made by Williams for this in 1993, you can bet it would need to be drilled into the top too.

Have a good holiday weekend and enjoy your IJ Williams! I’m still trying to get near a billion.

32233B24-AE68-430A-A987-FF3DF59A1C52.jpeg32233B24-AE68-430A-A987-FF3DF59A1C52.jpeg
#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Super stoked to have officially joined the club. Been taking time to get it restored to basically new condition both inside and out. Thanks a great deal to profgrif for the tear down and full restoration. Your expertise and artistry are very appreciated!. It’s like she came off the factory floor, except she has the most awesome upgrades. Completely agree with the Pinsound mod being so phenomenal on this game. Nice first game score too, I think? Se you guys around!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What happened to Sean Connery's face?

#6520 3 years ago

Yes get those colored leds out and just use warm white.....IMHO.

#6521 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Or sunlight...

#6522 3 years ago

Hey folks, nearing completion of my restoration. Nearly had it, but the enter button inside the coin door was not working. Tracked it down to a diode on the mpu. Plugged everything back in today and I get this. And the start button isn't working. Both the single drop and start button worked before having the mpu board repaired. Any thoughts on where to start? I'm pretty fried at this point and wanted suggestions before I pull the single drop target out AGAIN

20200905_232716 (resized).jpg20200905_232716 (resized).jpg20200905_232737 (resized).jpg20200905_232737 (resized).jpg

#6523 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Hey folks, nearing completion of my restoration. Nearly had it, but the enter button inside the coin door was not working. Tracked it down to a diode on the mpu. Plugged everything back in today and I get this. And the start button isn't working. Both the single drop and start button worked before having the mpu board repaired. Any thoughts on where to start? I'm pretty fried at this point and wanted suggestions before I pull the single drop target out AGAIN
[quoted image][quoted image]

I molex everthing, including sling switch assemblies and EOS switches.

Makes trouble shooting and repairs a breeze!

Single drop takes literally seconds to remove. I put 3 connectors on it.

Ed at GPE has all the connectors and pins. Get the IWISS crimper from amazon.

Mostly i use 3 position and 2 position .093 and .063 molex.

What does the tech chart say about row 1?

#6524 3 years ago

Hello PinballReno… I have a couple questions, hopefully for the benefit of the Pinside fans too:

Can you elaborate: “Ed at GPE has all the connectors and pins. Mostly i use 3 position and 2 position .156 molex.” I understand about needing the connectors/pins, however, Can you elaborate on them more? What/where is GPE? Which crimping tool are you suggesting?

$16 IWISS IWS-1424B Weather Pack Crimper Tools for Delphi APTIV Packard Weather Pack Terminals Metri-Pack Connectors for Sealed Terminals

https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-IWS-1424B-Terminals-Metri-Pack-Connectors/dp/B071KFLY43/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

$29 IWISS 5 interchangeable Jaws Crimping tool kit with FREE Wire Striper&Cutter for Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminals 0.5-35mm ² Oxford bag packing

https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimping-different-terminals-interchangeable/dp/B0195VXA10/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#6525 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello PinballReno… I have a couple questions, hopefully for the benefit of the Pinside fans too:
Can you elaborate: “Ed at GPE has all the connectors and pins. Mostly i use 3 position and 2 position .156 molex.” I understand about needing the connectors/pins, however, Can you elaborate on them more? What/where is GPE? Which crimping tool are you suggesting?
$16 IWISS IWS-1424B Weather Pack Crimper Tools for Delphi APTIV Packard Weather Pack Terminals Metri-Pack Connectors for Sealed Terminals
amazon.com link »
$29 IWISS 5 interchangeable Jaws Crimping tool kit with FREE Wire Striper&Cutter for Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminals 0.5-35mm ² Oxford bag packing
amazon.com link »

This crimper:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OMM4YUY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_X947KB7nHOYNR

It even has the little latch that releases the ratchet in the handle.

These round pin connectors:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=35

.093 for fat wires
.062 for skinny wires.

Most pinball wire is size awg18 or awg22.

Maybe size awg16 for transforner wires.

This will tell you what pins to get.

But i buy the 18-22awg pins and sockets.

They match my crimper.

Ed has the best connectors. They work perfectly and install smooth.
He also has really good prices.

The site is broken down to seperate male and female housings.

Dont let it confuse you, if you think about it, it works well enough.

You can put up to 2 wires on a pin if need be.

I made an edit on my earlier post

Other than that, pinballlife.com also has connectors and pins.

#6526 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

What happened to Sean Connery's face?

Quoted from PeterG:

Hey, thanks! That’s an easy fix. And completely agree. was too excited getting and playing the thing and didn’t notice the small details yet.

#6527 3 years ago

Thank You Pinballinreno!

Kerry

#6528 3 years ago

This crimper:
amazon.com link »
It even has the little latch that releases the ratchet in the handle.
These round pin connectors:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=35
.093 for fat wires
.062 for skinny wires.
Most pinball wire is size awg18 or awg22.
Maybe size awg16 for transforner wires.
This will tell you what pins to get.
But i buy the 28-22awg pins and sockets.
They match my crimper.
Ed has the best connectors. They work perfectly and install smooth.
He also has really good prices.
The site is broken down to seperate male and female housings.
Dont let it confuse you, if you think about it, it works well enough.
You can put up to 2 wires on a pin if need be.
I made an edit on my earlier post
Other than that, pinballlife.com also has connectors and pins.

Have that same crimper, it’s fantastic. Highly recommend it.

You just reminded me I need to order more connectors.

#6529 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thank You Pinballinreno!
Kerry

You are always welcome!

#6530 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Have that same crimper, it’s fantastic. Highly recommend it.
You just reminded me I need to order more connectors.

I refuse to break my back working upside down, and splooging solder all over the game.

I molex everything and pull out complete assemblies to work on them at my bench with proper tools and lighting.

Its easier and i do a better job.

I molexed my 7 switch escape target assembly on my DW !

It took 3 connectors lol.

#6531 3 years ago

I refuse to break my back working upside down, and splooging solder all over the game.
I molex everything and pull out complete assemblies to work on them at my bench with proper tools and lighting.
Its easier and i do a better job.
I molexed my 7 switch escape target assembly on my DW !
It took 3 connectors lol.

You my friend are an inspiration. My back is clapping reading this post lol. I gotta stop being lazy and do the same for my older games. I actually enjoy crimping, dare I say it’s pretty fun.

#6532 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

You my friend are an inspiration. My back is clapping reading this post lol. I gotta stop being lazy and do the same for my older games. I actually enjoy crimping, dare I say it’s pretty fun.

OK so I have no idea what a crimper is or how to do it? More than happy to learn though!

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

OK so I have no idea what a crimper is or how to do it? More than happy to learn though!

Get the crimper i listed and some pins and connectors from GPE that i listed and do it!

Its fun and easy once you have done one or 2.

You will never look back. Lol

I love the ratchet crimper. It holds the pins so you can easily install the wires.

#6534 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I usually start with flipper mechs.

Then whatever i need to look at next, and so on.

Ultimately the whole game gets molexed lol.

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Get the crimper i listed and some pins and connectors from GPE that i listed and do it!
Its fun and easy once you have done one or 2.
You will never look back. Lol
I love the ratchet crimper. It holds the pins so you can easily install the wires.

Exactly what he said. I also watched a couple videos on YouTube, this was one of them. Similar crimper to the one we recommended. I did my first one perfectly. Just go slow and double check.

#6536 3 years ago

Hi All,
I made a small new batch of 5 of the ruins bumper caps sets. I have two sets that are unclaimed and therefore up for sale. I plan to ship on Wednesday, so if anyone would like to buy a set give me a shout.
Cheers

IMG_5062 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 (resized).jpeg
#6537 3 years ago

Finally figured out the drop target 'ruins'. been testing these all summer so I know they are robust. Any interest? Not sure on prices yet. I might need to tweak them to make sure they will work with Cliffys in place so they're not ready yet anyway, but thought I'd see what you guys all think.

IMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4452 (resized).jpgIMG_4452 (resized).jpg
#6538 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Finally figured out the drop target 'ruins'. been testing these all summer so I know they are robust. Any interest? Not sure on prices yet. I might need to tweak them to make sure they will work with Cliffys in place so they're not ready yet anyway, but thought I'd see what you guys all think.

Count me in!

#6539 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Nice

#6540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

They look great. Would definitely consider a set.

#6541 3 years ago

I'd be interested as well.

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Neat!

#6543 3 years ago

Got one more tweak and another round of testing of the new mode deflector... this one is testing very well.

Hang tight it will be a few more weeks to get it finished and the manufacturing process done.

64FAB63C-AF21-4CF0-8E39-6BBA3A76D3F4 (resized).jpeg64FAB63C-AF21-4CF0-8E39-6BBA3A76D3F4 (resized).jpeg8FE4D7A5-FA6C-45F7-9D08-F61BE7E3563B (resized).jpeg8FE4D7A5-FA6C-45F7-9D08-F61BE7E3563B (resized).jpeg90B8E951-7D88-4D4D-886B-6A7420B21DA5 (resized).jpeg90B8E951-7D88-4D4D-886B-6A7420B21DA5 (resized).jpeg
#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Got one more tweak and another round of testing of the new mode deflector... this one is testing very well.
Hang tight it will be a few more weeks to get it finished and the manufacturing process done.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Now were talking!

This is what JJP does, float over the hole and roll in from behind.

It works well.

How soon can i buy this!

#6546 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

#6547 3 years ago

/\ /\ /\ now this looks promising!! I’m in on this if successful!

#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

That looks so cool - must have been a bugger to get a uniform bend.

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I dont think it has to be round.

I think square would work the same with a deflector bent over the top rear if there's a tiny bit of space.

#6550 3 years ago

Does anyone have a idol ruins or mini playfield ruins from Lior they would sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/131?hl=scandell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.